201 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 55924Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theofficedelray.com/
- Phone: (561) 276-3600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Omar Montoya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Office
A place where whimsy and gastronomical delights go hand in hand, The Office is a modern American Gastropub... A place that is comfortable where the food is as important as the drink, not quite a bar and not quite a restaurant, The Office is offering a casual-meets-refined atmosphere that welcomes beer drinkers and wine snobs, non-fussy eaters and foodies alike. The Office is a charmed neighborhood watering hole...Continued
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER: DAVID PINELLA
EXECUTIVE GENERAL MANAGER: DAVID PINELLA
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Office - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
The Office reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (19)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- We took our 26-year old sonOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/14/2014We took our 26-year old son with us on this visit. He loved the atmosphere and the food. The food was uniformly good and the service was attentive on a very busy evening. The Office is always great if classic pub-style food is your goal. The Office has been quite consistent on all of our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide variety of beer selections....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Wide variety of beer selections....food was good...sweet potato chips were terrificSpecial Features:
- Great service and great food!IntereatDined on 3/8/2014We were seated immediately on a Saturday night. Our server to care of us and made sure we had everything we wanted. Food was served fast. The brussels sprouts were great and so was the veggie sandwich. The beer selection is pretty good as well.Special Features:
- Fun place-action packedNeenVIPDined on 3/7/2014A wonderful little pub tucked into the bustling town of DelRay. The food is very good with courteous wait staff. We dined with 6 people in a very noisy environment. If you are willing to speak above the noise then go enjoy this unique restaurant! Delicious burgers but a bit pricey!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy but….GailVIPDined on 3/6/2014the fried green tomatoes were great. I should have ordered a burger which looked fantastic. Ordered pork chops which were tough and not cooked all the way through. My husband ordered fish and chips which looked great. It was very noisy but had a great bar scene. If you go, suggest you go for appetizer/burger type of food in mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bustling atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2014Food was great, atmosphere was energetic but manageable, service was good but could have been betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While we have been on severalJessicaDined on 2/28/2014While we have been on several occasions, this was the most disappointing. We did receive a nice table, but the service was really lacking. The drinks were very overpriced and not really that great. Our server was super quick every time he was at the table and we felt like he didn't really care just wanted to move us through quick. The menu that was online and why we choose the restaurant with our out of town guests was not what was offered in the restaurant. When we received our entrees,2 in our party ordered 2 different burgers, only after they ate half of it they realized they got the wrong ones. We decided not to tell the waiter as I don't think he would have cared. They also got rid of their milkshakes which was a big favorite for us.Special Features:
- Leave the office at HomeJMG16Dined on 2/28/2014The food is decent---nothing special and a little pricey. The biggest issue for us was the noise level. My guess is that we were bothered by it because of our age which is over 60. The fish dip was excellent. And they did honor our reservation which we appreciated. I think there are so many restaurants on Atlantic Ave that I would choose over The Office.
- $16.00 burger!? Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/26/2014$16.00 burger!? Too expensive for a good, but not great burger experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, Fun Vibe, but ...FundguyVIPDined on 2/24/2014We were a party of three. We had all been there before, and because we were told the burgers are great (and they were) we all ordered burgers. We also had been told to order the truffle fries as a table appetizer, which we did. (Excellent as well.) But shouldn't the server have mentioned that all the burgers come with their own mound of fries! The Office makes terrific fries -- clearly cut fresh, not from frozen pre-made spuds. But really, we were presented with a mountain of fried potatoes and ate maybe a third of what was on the table. Still, it's a good spot for fun, creative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantic Avenue Hot SpotluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 2/20/2014The chicken dumplings and the pork tacos were both very good. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedJudyGDined on 2/19/2014There were 3 of us and we ate outside to watch the action. One of our party was practically sitting in the road. The waiter was slow and the food is pricey for what it is.Special Features:
- A Pig in sheep's clothingDelrayRegularDined on 2/15/2014I had a terrible experience at the office. My initial perception was that it looked cool, but When I walked in I was in for a rude awakening. First, the hostess was rude and barely acknowledged I was there. She did not say a word to me as she walked toward the dining room. I guess I was supposed to follow. As we got to the table I asked her if there were any outdoor options. Without saying a word she made a U-turn and I guess we were supposed to follow again. She left us at the table where we waited 10 minutes. The waiter came over, apologized, left and didn't come back for another 10 minutes. The food was worse than the service, greasy, salty and unworthy of its reviews. Who wants to dine out at an office anyway?!?!
- People watching at its bestJoya2111Dined on 2/15/2014On a busy Saturday night, we sat on Atlantic Ave and enjoyed watching everyone go by. We absolutely loved the energy of the place. The food was also amazing, although there was too much dressing on the salad. It was also a bit overpriced (e.g., the Breakers hotel also has $18 burgers). My only complaint was that my waiter couldn't recommend a beer for me "because we must have different tastes". Overall a great experience, though, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nicereviewer21Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I went to the office for Valentine's day. The food and service were excellent. I will be coming back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CEO burger was one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/13/2014The CEO burger was one of the best burgers that i have ever had. In general, the food was very good. However, because the restaurant was so busy, the service had a few lapses, and the restaurant was often quite noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hip and yummy in delrayPamPVIPDined on 2/13/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at the office. Menu is inventive and food was delicious. We shared several appetizers. Most enjoyed shumai dumplings, fried green tomatoes and Brussels sprouts which are a side but we ordered as an app. Mains are huge portions and we all enjoyed. Fish and chips, pork chops, muscles and tuna tacos (exquisite!). Even the coffee was excellen. Our server was very friendly and was great with our older parents as well as our kids. Seats are ultra comfy. Only downside is noise level. Otherwise highly recommend this hip yummy restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongButtonsVIPDined on 2/10/2014Great hamburgers and other small plates. Large plates equally as good. Pork Chops were outstanding. If anything could be improved it was the service. We were attending a concert after dinner and were nearly late due to the inordinate time it took to be able to pay our bill..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy & unaccommodatingSoflotigerVIPDined on 2/7/2014We have been to the Office multiple times, but this time was not the best. We made the reservation in advance and requested an outdoor table. That was not available upon arrival and we were told it would be at least 20 minutes. We chose not to wait but take one of the many available inside tables. When we were taken to a table, we asked if we could have the table next to it but were told it was reserved and unavailable. Ok, so some tables as held as requested, but our outdoor table was not....ok. The food and table service was adequate, but the open table we had requested stayed unoccupied for our entir meal - over 1 and a half hours! I found that very odd. It seemed the hostess did not want to accommodate our request.Special Features:
- Don't go for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/6/2014I ate here yesterday and will not go back for their food. Service was slow but we were not in a hurry so it was OK. The food was less than average. For the three of us we had one hamburger and two ordered the grilled fished sandwich of the day. Nice plate presentation but the bottom bun on all go our sandwiches were so soaked with moisture we could not eat them,. Mentioned to the waitperson but nothing was done. The fish was very tough and chewy. This was not worth the $16 for a sandwich.Special Features:
- Great FooddeseinhartDined on 2/3/2014There is something for everyone on this very interesting menu. The hostess was very understanding when seating us. Wait staff is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The OfficeNorthernerDined on 1/25/2014Nice place with good food...outside dining was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedfoodiemomVIPDined on 1/25/2014This has been one of my favorites in Delray but recently they have "dumbed down" their menu leaving it not the least bit sophisticated or interesting. I miss the frisee salad and the truffle fries to name a few.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beRscottferrariVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have been going to the Office since it opened. I always had a decent lunch or dinner. This time, I noticed that the menu shrunk. The food that I ordered wasn't very good. The service was lacking too. Would not go back for dinner and maybe not even lunch. Management needs to fix this "slack off" and not rest on their laurels.Special Features:
- Our food took a long timeNOFATFOODIEDined on 1/24/2014Our food took a long time to come and when it did, it was not cooked properly. It took a long time to bring back the food once it was sent back. The portions were only so-so. The best thing was the roast chicken. The salmon was undercooked and then tasteless.Special Features:
- food was good but not great tunaWeeklyVIPDined on 1/22/2014food was good but not great tuna tacos were the best item fries were too greasy with burger frisee salad was good but not great portion of wine by the glass was stingy service good because it was a slow night there is nothing that would make me go back over and over here
- Fun eveningEli54Dined on 1/20/2014Good food, energetic and lively. Best location in town and made for people watching.Special Features:
- Great place to eatdiner0928Dined on 1/20/2014There were four of us in our party and on a crowded holiday, OpenTable worked seamlessly. The restaurant had our table ready with no wait. The staff was very friendly. The service and food was great!Special Features:
- Great Staff, Alright FoodBigPoppaVIPDined on 1/20/2014The Maitre d' was excellent and seemed very detail oriented, the wait staff was quite good, and the fish tacos were delicious, however the salads are too large and heavily dressed and appear to be churned rather than mixed. I suppose for entree salads they might be an appropriate size, but I'd be willing to pay the same for smaller, fresher salads.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/16/2014We had a reservation for a week at The Office. We were a party of five. Upon arriving we were taken to a square table that would normally sit four people. They had put two chairs on one side which was impossible to eat at. One of us was almost off the side of the table. There was a big booth in the back that we asked if we could have and they said no it was reserved. I said we had a reservation too. We chose to leave and we had a delicious dinner across the street at "Park Tavern". Highly recommend it.!!!
- loved it!tskillsVIPDined on 1/14/2014food and service was GREAT! it was a beautiful night and we wanted to sit outside....try to sit on atlantic ave if you can, the ambience is totally different on the side streetSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow not to be missedFoodieHeavenDined on 1/11/2014The Office is one of the best finds in SE Florida for food and enjoyment this is not to be missed .. Please put it on your list to visit as a MUSTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place has potential but!JohnnyDined on 1/11/2014The service was pretty bad tonight. We waited over 40 minutes for dinner. The place was busy but they should be prepared for that. I am not sure what happened. The manager came over to apologize which was cool but it's not the first time. The place is good for drinks and if you get their early they seem to be able to handle dinner. Not sure what the problem is here and it's a shame because the bar is nice. The place is open to the outside and the location is very good. (close to parking and in the middle of the action). I hope they get this worked out.
- Is this the same place?MaryDined on 1/2/2014Hadn't been here in over a year found the menu disappointing with very limited, mostly burgers and fries. Remembered the menu as being more appealing and with more choices from before. I won't be going back unless I want a burgerSpecial Features:
- Very loud, food mediocregyghmboVIPDined on 1/1/2014It was so loud we had difficulty placing our order. Because there were 6 of us, we could not talk as a group. Food was ok at best. We ordered a variety of items from the salads to the burgers to the fish and chips. Salads were fresh and good, but all else was overpriced for what it was.Special Features:
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/30/2013It was my daughters birthday and we booked on open table in advance and wanted a nice table and they gave us a table that was in the middle of the floor that everyone was pushing the chairs and making the meal not fun and exciting It seems the manager saved the big table for a regular customer and didn't care about a new customer that would return if the experience was enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food $$$$Rae1VIPDined on 12/28/2013We were seated immediately and our server was excellent. The food however is just OK. And it's very expensive for just being average. We will not return.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Best burgers. Hands down! Staff is friendly, service was great. Atmosphere makes for a fun night. Everything I've eaten here has always exceeded my (high) expectations. Been coming here for 3 yrs now and have yet to be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average dinner, nothing specialnonameDined on 12/25/2013Food was average, service was good. We went with a large group of 10 people and they were able to accommodate us. The noise level was very high, more than I would have liked. Location in downtown Delray was very central. Alcoholic drinks were overpriced and very weak. Couldn't really tell if there was any alcohol in my martini.Special Features:
- Slow day at the officeDavidVIPDined on 12/8/2013Our party of six had a nice table inside, hostess accommodated our seating request and moved two tables together which we appreciated. Service was beyond slow, server disappeared many times. Food was ok but a little overpriced for burgers and fries.Special Features: