The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
11633 100 Street
Grande Prairie, AB T8V3Y4Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pomeroyhotel.com/
- Phone: 7808322441x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alexander Herbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Maritime Brunch in the Prairies every Sunday from 10am - 2pm
A word from The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
The Office is Grande Prairie’s newest food experience; The Office is located on site at the Pomeroy Hotel and Conference Centre. Our exceptional menu features unique classics with a twist like our pulled short rib poutine, duck confit with corn bread stuffing and traditional favorites like our amazing trio dip with warm bread, perfectly pan seared scallops or our mouthwatering 12 oz. rib eye with York shire pudding. We also feature the largest wine and whisky list in Grande Prairie. The Office, Eat, Drink, Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre - Best Restaurants in Grande Prairie ›
The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The staff were friendly and the food was delicious. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dessert was amazingsweetgVIPDined on 8/21/2014well all the food was excellent the dessert as always was simply amazing.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceBadFoodDined on 8/4/2014We had a terrible evening at "The Office." Neither my wife or I enjoyed the food. We shared two appetizers. Seared Scallops and Duck Patte. The scallops came seared on the outside and raw underneath. The patte was terrible. For our main course we ordered the Duck Breast. This tasted more like cheap Chinese food. I will not go there again.Special Features:
- excellent foodsweetgVIPDined on 7/23/2014the meal I had was excellent enjoyed it very much. looking forward to next visit in a month or so.Special Features:
- DisappointedHalpyVIPDined on 6/23/2014Made a reservation a week in advance based on our flight into GP. Was surprised that a 10pm reservation was available as it is late but was really happy that there was. My colleague and I were really looking forward to eating there based on the menu online. Our flight was delayed and was landed at 9:45 instead of 9:30, and on the way to the hotel, I called to let The Office know that we were on our way and that we were coming - at 10:01pm I was informed that the kitchen had closed already and that they had no way to reach me to let me know that they close the kitchen at 10 - not sure why there is a reservation available nor how my contact info would not be available due to my Open Table booking. Tried breakfast - crepes were ice cold.
- The following 17 reviews are from the The Office - The Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre reviews archive.
- Slight confusion with my bookingfun2sunDined on 3/13/2014Slight confusion with my booking as I had one for lunch and one for dinner. The lunch was good. Some people got there before others so she never asked those us that were not there at the start if we wanted a drink. Never came back and refilled our waters or coffee. Had to ask for more water. The restaurant has great potential but need to get consistent.
- Saturday Evening DinnerDateNightPairDined on 2/15/2014Drinks were well done with reasonable presentation (3*) Our server had no prior restaurant experience (first week on the job), but she did well overall. (3*) Appetizer (Trio dip) was quite good (3-4*) Meals, my date had the blackened cajun swordfish (good piece of fish, but light on seasoning) (3*) I had a special, which turned out to be a thin sirloin steak (a shade past well done) cut into strips & served on penne pasta with a rose sauce. (2*). We'll go back & give it another try in a few months. First impressions put it at 2.5 to 3 out of 5 Maybe lunch next time..
- This is my favourite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014This is my favourite restaurant in Grande Prairie, especially for special occasions. The food is good and the service is usually outstanding. The presentation of the food could be a bit more creative but overall it is a great place. We went for Valentines Day and it was really crowded so I doubt if we will do that again. We go for lunch quite often and it is great for a leisurely lunch on a weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It seems The Office is tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014It seems The Office is trying to be up scale, but misses the mark. I indicated, "Party of 2" in my reservation and asked for the best table in the house as we were celebrating a special event. Upon arrival and stating our name & reservation, we were asked, "Table for how many?" and "where would you like to sit?" A simple look at our reservation would answer their questions. We were led to a table directly under a television... not their best table for sure. Disappointing right from the get go to say the least. Food presentation wasn't up to expectation, and the taste was average. The main course was brought out before we were finished our appetizer, so was returned to the kitchen to be placed under a heat lamp. Not good!
- Love and hateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014I liked the resturant but the waiter went on how not to worry about the food because everything is freshly prepared and they can change anything. I asked for the special but no butter and the waiter said he can't do that, and went on how he was Greek and he eats butter. My boyfriend stated that it was a diet and the waiter continued to go on about how he was Greek and how he looks so young because he eats butter... So my food came out with butter and he never came back to ask for refills or drinks so my party of 4 had 1 drink each.Special Features:
- food was excellent as always.sweetgVIPDined on 12/18/2013food was excellent as always. look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaraunt decor is lovely,dinerDined on 12/13/2013The restaraunt decor is lovely, however it was very cold and half of my party needed to wear their coats. The place was empty and we were sat in the very back of the room. It took 20 minutes just to get coffee and water after ordering . Three meals were sent back because they were cold and took over 45 minutes to arrive. One meal was forgottten and was served as the rest of us were finishing. The waitress served a bowl of soup with the spoon in it, and the spoon was submerged in the soup. She went to get another spoon rather than replacing it. No discounts were offered for any of the issues that arose. It was not a good experience. As a party of 12 everyone agreed this is not a venue that they would recommend.
- Great experience for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/3/2013Great experience for a business lunch meeting. Service was excellent, food and menu was also excellent. Deserves 5 full stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- review of The OfficethanksgivingweekendDined on 10/12/2013Our experience at the Office was not that great. After reading the reviews on line I was expecting an awesome place. The menu is very limited, and not one item that would be kid friendly. Portions were too small for my husband and sons. our water boy was "strange" making weird comments. won't go there again.l
- Really top notchnixieVIPDined on 10/11/2013Really impressed with the service but, mostly, with the food -- it was fantastic. We shared a couple of appetizers because we had to try as many as we could, so many things on the menu looked good. The mains were decadent -- the duck is divine and I'm told the prime rib was really good. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodKrystal23Dined on 9/29/2013My family and I went or brunch on a Sunday morning. Even though I had made reservations there was no table ready for us and we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. The restaurant was busy, but not packed, about 3/4 full. I had the office eggs benedict, it was okay. On the plus side we were all given a little fruit smoothie shot with a fresh fruit kabob. The service was so-so, our waitress was very nice but she seemed unable to keep up. I had to ask more than once for a few items. I had gone to the office a few week before for dinner and had awesome service and amazing food. My friend and I shared a chocolate brownie dessert that was simply out of this world! This restaurant is one I would visit again - just not on a Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodsweetgVIPDined on 8/7/2013the office offers menu unlike any other restaurants in grande prairie . the nightly specials and desserts have been amazing my visits.various staff have been wondeful each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern, great food.Traveller4FoodDined on 6/10/2013Very modern renovations. Great food. Easy to book a reservation for a group (8 people). Not loud, great place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013beautifully decorated, extremely clean. Was empty when we got there at 8pm on a Sunday, but was told it gets quite busy at times. Has booths and tables. Reasonably priced for a special occasion restaurant. Desserts are different daily, based on the chef. We didn't particularly enjoy our dessert. I had the duck, it was delicious... as was the sushi appetizer.Special Features:
- Surprise, Grande Prairie!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013We were ushered into The Office by an excellent Server - Dmitri was attentive and willing to customize orders to fit our taste, charming, yet quiet when he saw that was apt. The Duck was a delight - tasty, not fatty, gently flavoured so that 'duck' came through. Compliments to the Chef on a difficult achievement. The surprising shortcake, served as a generous complement to Dolores' birthday, was enjoyed by all - compact yet light, deftly avoiding the conventional rut of high sweet. Compliments to the Dessert Chef as well. We hugely enjoyed our celebration at The Office.Special Features:
- Really disappointed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Really disappointed with the food as it was bland and tasteless. Had the halibut special and fish was overdone while beans were underdone. The ragu was a most unappealing dish with again no flavour. The service was mediocre when the restaurant was not busy. Dessert was supposed to be a strawberry trifle but turned out to be a tastleless bread pudding with canned strawberries. A real missed opportunity for some fine dining in Grande Prairie.
- The food was delicious! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013The food was delicious! The decor is beautiful, service was great. The front of the restaurant is very drafty though. Bring a sweater.Special Features: