145 W. Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theodeonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 212 233 0507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:30 pm - 11 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 12 am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 1 am
Brasserie menu: Monday - Friday: 3 pm - 5:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4 pm - 5:30 pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12 am - 1 am
Outside seating is available on a first come, first served basis every day , weather permitting.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Nargi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Prix-fixe menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Aaron Crowley 2122330507
A word from The Odeon
This classic French American Bistro has been a landmark in Tribeca since 1980. Friendly service with great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Odeon reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)great for brunch (44)great for lunch (40)late-night find (32)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (29)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (25)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (19)kid-friendly (18)notable wine list (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014Very nice dinner. The food was very good, and the service too. Place has a great vibe too.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/16/2014I kind of get tired of trying to figure out which restaurants are hip. I like knowing The Odeon is a reliable place to meet friends and have a great meal. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Fun night in TriBeCaCartoonGuyVIPDined on 9/11/2014A bunch of friends were gathering for a night out on the town. We wanted to start with dinner downtown and returned to the Odeon, one of our favorite spots. I love the staff, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious. I highly recommend to anyone looking to have fun downtown. Also, if you call or book in advance, they can accommodate parties of 6 or 8. I love the round table in the rear, near the windows.Special Features:
- Great food, Great AtmosphereUWSResidentDined on 9/7/2014We ate there for a casual early bird dinner and the food was really delicious, from appetizer to desert. They know what they are doing. It's a little bit on the pricey side after 6:30 but it's worth every penny. The restaurant itself is very cute and old school and reminded me of a typical French restaurant. Do not hesitate to go there as I am sure you will be very pleased. Service was great and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placemirnaiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is one of my preferred restaurants for the last 8 years. The tuna burger is so good and best french fries ever!Special Features:
- KCdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food! Started w/ Island Creek oysters (superb). My wife had Edenbrook trout; I had halibut. Both were excellent. Only disappointment was the 3 scoops of coffee ice creak we shared for dessert - we told our waiter it tasted like ice milk. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NCSoonerDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding service. Very worthy food - everyone in our party had a different entree and all were consistently well executed. Laid back, neighborhood feel. And yes, the warm doughnuts are as good as everyone says!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningenjoyableDined on 8/26/2014We had an early dinner after going to 9/11 Museum. The duck was excellent, service very friendly and desserts (warm doughnuts) were great. By the time we left, the restaurant was very busy. A must stop on the restaurant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousfreshtake2Dined on 8/23/2014Returning to Odeon after a 25 year hiatus from NY was so grounding. Paris mets NY The fabulous ambience, great warmhearted service and delicious food is a reminder that some thing don't change! I had a breakfast there, and enjoyed the omelet and the donuts immensely. The sour dough wheat toast is transcendental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MercedesDined on 8/21/2014Odeon never disappoints when it comes to a social meet-up for dining and networking. Outstanding service, food, and easy ambience motivates me to return for social and business occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odeon always deliversChristopherDined on 8/20/2014Odeon delivers a great experience time after time. Food is reliably great and the menu offers great dish after dish. The dining room looks as good now as it did when I first started using it 20 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TriBeCa findDinnergirl1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was great. Food was delicious . Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeskibaumVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great French Bistro. The food and service were terrific. Wine by the glass was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mottst1Dined on 8/8/2014I love Odean but my last time lets me uncertain. I have a garlic allergy as always indicated in my reservation, but something it was in my food. All staff has gone in truble about the ingredients in my order. Confusion was too much.Special Features:
- Always SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/6/2014Been here several times and it's always a scene. The food is very good, in particular the croque monsieur as well as the Burger with melted Gruyere. Delicious and cooked perfectly. Definitely an underrated burger in all of Manhattan. We came on a Tuesday night and it was packed so the place still gets quite busy like its heyday back in the 80's. I will continue to visit every few months to get my fix.Special Features:
- LongevityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014This restaurant has been so consistently good for so many years without becoming stodgy or feeling out of fashion. It's friendly, they food is really good and never boring, and it's usually full of people without being super loud or annoying.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerjlm890VIPDined on 7/28/2014Took my work colleagues to dinner. Another outstanding meal with great service.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the billingFatherof5Dined on 7/27/2014Odeon was recommended to me by a friend that knows good restaurants. He recommended Commerce, I countered with Il Buco; he came back with Odeon. Odeon did not reach that lofty level. I would say it was more similar to DBGB (but not as fun). The food was good but not memorable. My grown children were asked to produce ID before being served wine (which made the dinner a bit like a traffic stop). Odeon is a pretty good restaurant but I just don't feel motivated to go back based on my experience there.Special Features:
- dependable and always a treatmusicdocVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Odeon stays our "go to" place for that change of pace meal. They've maintained high quality standards with a sense of fun and a comfortable, convivial environment. The Pork Chop Milanese was a delight - perfectly pounded, breaded and topped with a delightful tomato and artichoke salad. Whatever the stresses of the world threw at us, a meal here is always the antidote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBrianVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time visiting and everything was simply perfect. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!basketball15Dined on 7/25/2014Great food and family friendly. We had the salmon and skirt steak which were outstanding. Wonderful location and the homemade ice cream is unbelievable!Special Features:
- Consistently greatYUMYUMVIPDined on 7/21/2014Sat outside on a lovely summer night and had the stuffed squash blossoms - delicious! The pork chop milanese with arugula and tomotoes was perfectly cooked and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The waitress was new and didn't know the answers to our questions so she brought over a seasoned waiter to help take our order. That was nice so as to avoid confusion. I did ask for a coffee and they forgot it and brought the two tables next to us cappuccinos (which I would think take longer to make); and those tables were seated well after we sat down. Besides this snafu, the service was generally good and the food was tasty. They do charge $13 for basically just greens with some goat cheese on top - so a bit excessive price for not much. The outdoor dining experience was pleasant and we had a nice time. We stayed well beyond paying our check to celebrate our mom's bday and give her gifts, and no one pressured us to leave. Nice time. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The classic deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Always a pleasure to revisit the Odean. Have relied on it over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend brunch with kidsnishag68Dined on 6/29/2014Good service, decent menu with a variety of choices, but coffee needs HELP, tasted like bad diner coffee. The foods was good and our server was attentive and helpful with our three kids. Thanks.Special Features:
- Classy TriBeCa FavoriteJLve44VIPDined on 6/24/2014The Odeon is a comfortable, classy French/American bistro favorite of TriBeCa's creative community... A restaurant with a celebrity pedigree and fabled history, it's a great place to avoid tourists, enjoy awesome service, and have a deliciously memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Tribeca restaurantPrincess7VIPDined on 6/24/2014Odeon is a Tribeca gem and our favorite place to dine 1-2x week. Casual cool atmosphere, great food, eclectic crowd, always busy, amazing and friendly service, kid friendly. Great for drinks at the bar, brunch, lunch and dinner. And the ice cream cart outside is a must!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotAnnieDined on 6/15/2014The Odeon was our restaurant of choice for Father's Day. The food was great; the service was friendly and attentive. Highly recommend for a night out with family and friends.Special Features:
- NYC iconOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Great place. We've been going for ever. True NYC icon. Consistently good and happeningSpecial Features:
- Terrible ServicevillinDined on 6/14/2014Our waitress Allison was horrible. She had a bad attitude and was not very attentive to our needs. She went from hot to cold and was indifferent to our requests. I would not go back to Odeon based on her service.
- ChasRogVIPDined on 6/14/2014Delicious food. Wait staff very efficient and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strip Steak Special: got it 2x now!purviDined on 6/13/2014So I forgot what I ordered the last time I went, and debated amongt a few items until I finally landed on this delicious sounding daily special- an aged strip steak with Caesar salad. As soon as the plate came out, I recognized it and realized it's what I had previously as well! Almost as good this time, slightly less juicy, but probably because I asked for it to be cooked medium-well. Either way, very tasty. And the dessert! 🙊 The spearmint chip ice cream: the freshest version of exactly that. The warm custard brioche pudding is NOT a bread pudding. (Oops?) It ended up being way lighter & tastier! Like the gods were watching over me ;) 2 custardy smooth but brûléed slices of what tasted like brioche French toast. Worth trying 4 sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 6/12/2014Always consistently delicious and an easy menu that accommodates everyone. Service consistently friendly and amazing. Kid friendly. Our neighborhood favorite....with and without our kids.Special Features:
- Disappointing this timeHarp28VIPDined on 6/11/2014Though the food was very tasty, and the service attentive, the portions were so so small we had to order side dishes to a minuscule scallops entrée and the prices so so high, $8 for a side of bacon, really????! Sorry but we wont be back.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 6/9/2014Odeon is a true NYC icon....for 30+ years. Our favorite Tribeca/neighborhood gem. Also the very first restaurant i ate at on my first trip to NYC 25+ yrs ago. Great food/menu (something for everyone ....and the burger/fries amazing!), AMAZING service/super friendly staff (where people actually remember you-ha), kid friendly and great to meet friends for drinks/late dinner....brunch/lunch. Casual and lovely....easy breezy. We dine here 2x + /week....so we must love it! HaSpecial Features:
- Tribeca classicbeckynyDined on 6/6/2014Great Tribeca neighborhood ambiance and good service, but our food was only fair. Meat was overcooked and potato salad full of mayonaise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat pricey, but well worth it.YummyDined on 5/25/2014Great food, really good atmosphere and service, very interesting menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 5/23/2014Our go-to neighborhood restaurant. We shared the dumplings: on the gummy side. Main courses: trout and mussels, both satisfying. The evening's specials, always printed with prices, were meager; specials and regular menu choices are rather limited, especially if you eat here frequently. The highlight this evening was the service, generally good but exceptional this evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 815 reviews are from the The Odeon reviews archive.
- Always divinePrincess7VIPDined on 5/20/2014Odeon is our neighborhood favorite! A true NYC gem. Great for adults. Great for kids. Service beyond amazing. Food and ambience great! People incredibly friendly and accommodating. We dine there 1-2x week.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014NYC Classic. American food with a French twist. Best Martini I have ever tasted.Special Features: