145 W. Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theodeonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 212 233 0507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:30 pm - 11 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 12 am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 1 am
Brasserie menu: Monday - Friday: 3 pm - 5:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4 pm - 5:30 pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12 am - 1 am
Outside seating is available on a first come, first served basis every day , weather permitting.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Nargi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Prix-fixe menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Aaron Crowley 2122330507
A word from The Odeon
This classic French American Bistro has been a landmark in Tribeca since 1980. Friendly service with great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Odeon reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)great for brunch (42)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (38)late-night find (36)good for groups (33)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (22)special occasion (21)kid-friendly (19)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 10/16/2014We dine here 2-3x week. Our favorite neighborhood gem for years. Great for an early dinner with kids. Great for brunch/lunch/dinner with friends. Food is consistently delicious with great daily specials to mix it up. Staff and service are beyond friendly and amazing. Great ambiance. Always packed....in a good way. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- SpectacularLuvNYCDined on 10/15/2014What an amazing introduction to the restaurant scene in New York. Stunning Art Deco decor with just the right lighting. Sensational service both at the bar and at the table. The food was to die for. Elegant flavours paired together in such a complimentary way and so so delicious. A truly amazing all round experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chicken everFoodieDined on 10/12/2014My partner and I remembered this restaurant as being excellent, and we weren't disappointed this time either. The chicken was moist and tender with the perfect balance of vegetables and jus. My mouth is watering just writing about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodfrankofileDined on 10/12/2014Had brunch there the other Sunday and was told by my friends that they were looking forward to going again as they hadn't been back for many years. I had never been. We all had a great time......the service was truly outstanding and the food was terrific. We lingered longer than the proprietors would have liked but no one made us feel uncomfortable. I would definitely go back next time we travel to NY.Special Features:
- Our NYC gempgrabowskiDined on 10/8/2014Every other year we're coming to New York from Germany and would never miss to have dinner at "Indochine": Perfect place for having a perfecte eve out. Thank you for having us, your caring, discreet service and the fantastic food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really mediocre foodLHtvDined on 10/5/2014I've been to the Odeon in the past and had decent meals but I was really disappointed this time. I had the vegetarian cassoulet and it was barely edible - the beans were undercooked, it was too salty and topped with a heavy layer of (guaranteed to get stuck in your teeth) dried parsley. My husband had the pork special - and it was just OK, really nothing special about it. Our out of town guest had salmon that (thankfully) looked good, I just hope it tasted good as well. Def not going out of my way to return,
- classicrobharDined on 10/4/201430+ years and still the standard for NY restaurants.Special Features:
- A classicOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014The Odeon never disappoints. It's been my go-to place for 25 years, with very good food and a great vibe. It's perfect for dinner with friends or a date, a civilized brunch, or a leisurely late lunch or early dinner solo at the bar with an art magazine or the NYT from the proffered selection of reading material. The dinner menu has one of the best roast chickens around (a succulent, crisp-skinned roast chicken is harder to find in this city than you might think!), a terrific hanger steak and a nice selection of well-prepared and interestingly accompanied fish (although the fish portions can sometimes be small). Homemade ice cream is a highlight of the dessert menu. Omelettes and lemon ricotta pancakes make brunch worth waking up for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always divinePrincess7VIPDined on 9/30/2014Our favorite neighborhood gem. We eat here at least 2x week. With kids. Sans kids. Girls night out. Date night. A great vibe. Great American food. Amazing and friendly staff and service. A true NYC Icon.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 9/24/2014We are regulars at Odeon. Every Thursday evening my daughter and i dine. Sometimes just the two of us. Sometimes with friends. Our favorite neighborhood gem for years. Great for brunch/lunch and dinner. Food consistently delicious. Service and staff amazing! Ambience always bustling with a great every. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A Tribeca StandbyjtjerseyDined on 9/23/2014We hadn't been to Odeon in quite some time but were pleasently surprised to find the ambiance, food and waitstaff just as we remembered it. As one of the early Keith McNally iterations in the city, it still has it's edge although the neighborhood and to some degree the clientele have changed greatly over the years. The food remains upscale bistro fare that is done exceptionally well. The hanger steak and the mushroom pie were executed perfectly at lunch. The wine list offers some interesting selections but you will be hard pressed to find bottles under $45-$50. The staff is engaging and eager to please but not intrusive. We'll be sure to visit more often in the future.Special Features:
- Nice placeEditoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Very nice dinner. The food was very good, and the service too. Place has a great vibe too.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in NYCmamabearVIPDined on 9/16/2014I kind of get tired of trying to figure out which restaurants are hip. I like knowing The Odeon is a reliable place to meet friends and have a great meal. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Fun night in TriBeCaCartoonGuyVIPDined on 9/11/2014A bunch of friends were gathering for a night out on the town. We wanted to start with dinner downtown and returned to the Odeon, one of our favorite spots. I love the staff, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious. I highly recommend to anyone looking to have fun downtown. Also, if you call or book in advance, they can accommodate parties of 6 or 8. I love the round table in the rear, near the windows.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealna15VIPDined on 9/9/2014Odeon far and away exceeded my expectations. I had this on my watch list for awhile for a place to go with my dad, but never bit the bullet because nothing on the menu really stood out for me. I finally decided to go and I'm sure glad I did. I ended up getting two specials--the special salad which was crab and shrimp with hearts of palm and grapefruit, and the duck entree with peaches. Both were really delicious. I love peaches and was thrilled to see this on the menu. The duck was juicy and tasty. Yum! My dad got a salad and the chicken and he really enjoyed his too. For dessert, we split the donuts which were out of this world. I loved the maple and raspberry sauces. They are even better than the donuts at Flex Mussels.Special Features:
- Great food, Great AtmosphereUWSResidentDined on 9/7/2014We ate there for a casual early bird dinner and the food was really delicious, from appetizer to desert. They know what they are doing. It's a little bit on the pricey side after 6:30 but it's worth every penny. The restaurant itself is very cute and old school and reminded me of a typical French restaurant. Do not hesitate to go there as I am sure you will be very pleased. Service was great and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placemirnaiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is one of my preferred restaurants for the last 8 years. The tuna burger is so good and best french fries ever!Special Features:
- KCdinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great food! Started w/ Island Creek oysters (superb). My wife had Edenbrook trout; I had halibut. Both were excellent. Only disappointment was the 3 scoops of coffee ice creak we shared for dessert - we told our waiter it tasted like ice milk. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NCSoonerDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding service. Very worthy food - everyone in our party had a different entree and all were consistently well executed. Laid back, neighborhood feel. And yes, the warm doughnuts are as good as everyone says!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect eveningenjoyableDined on 8/26/2014We had an early dinner after going to 9/11 Museum. The duck was excellent, service very friendly and desserts (warm doughnuts) were great. By the time we left, the restaurant was very busy. A must stop on the restaurant sceneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousfreshtake2Dined on 8/23/2014Returning to Odeon after a 25 year hiatus from NY was so grounding. Paris mets NY The fabulous ambience, great warmhearted service and delicious food is a reminder that some thing don't change! I had a breakfast there, and enjoyed the omelet and the donuts immensely. The sour dough wheat toast is transcendental.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MercedesDined on 8/21/2014Odeon never disappoints when it comes to a social meet-up for dining and networking. Outstanding service, food, and easy ambience motivates me to return for social and business occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odeon always deliversChristopherDined on 8/20/2014Odeon delivers a great experience time after time. Food is reliably great and the menu offers great dish after dish. The dining room looks as good now as it did when I first started using it 20 years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TriBeCa findDinnergirl1VIPDined on 8/16/2014Service was great. Food was delicious . Would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeskibaumVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great French Bistro. The food and service were terrific. Wine by the glass was really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mottst1Dined on 8/8/2014I love Odean but my last time lets me uncertain. I have a garlic allergy as always indicated in my reservation, but something it was in my food. All staff has gone in truble about the ingredients in my order. Confusion was too much.Special Features:
- Always SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/6/2014Been here several times and it's always a scene. The food is very good, in particular the croque monsieur as well as the Burger with melted Gruyere. Delicious and cooked perfectly. Definitely an underrated burger in all of Manhattan. We came on a Tuesday night and it was packed so the place still gets quite busy like its heyday back in the 80's. I will continue to visit every few months to get my fix.Special Features:
- LongevityOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2014This restaurant has been so consistently good for so many years without becoming stodgy or feeling out of fashion. It's friendly, they food is really good and never boring, and it's usually full of people without being super loud or annoying.Special Features:
- Another great dinnerjlm890VIPDined on 7/28/2014Took my work colleagues to dinner. Another outstanding meal with great service.Special Features:
- Did not live up to the billingFatherof5Dined on 7/27/2014Odeon was recommended to me by a friend that knows good restaurants. He recommended Commerce, I countered with Il Buco; he came back with Odeon. Odeon did not reach that lofty level. I would say it was more similar to DBGB (but not as fun). The food was good but not memorable. My grown children were asked to produce ID before being served wine (which made the dinner a bit like a traffic stop). Odeon is a pretty good restaurant but I just don't feel motivated to go back based on my experience there.Special Features:
- dependable and always a treatmusicdocVIPDined on 7/25/2014The Odeon stays our "go to" place for that change of pace meal. They've maintained high quality standards with a sense of fun and a comfortable, convivial environment. The Pork Chop Milanese was a delight - perfectly pounded, breaded and topped with a delightful tomato and artichoke salad. Whatever the stresses of the world threw at us, a meal here is always the antidote.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectBrianVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time visiting and everything was simply perfect. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!basketball15Dined on 7/25/2014Great food and family friendly. We had the salmon and skirt steak which were outstanding. Wonderful location and the homemade ice cream is unbelievable!Special Features:
- Consistently greatYUMYUMVIPDined on 7/21/2014Sat outside on a lovely summer night and had the stuffed squash blossoms - delicious! The pork chop milanese with arugula and tomotoes was perfectly cooked and terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014The waitress was new and didn't know the answers to our questions so she brought over a seasoned waiter to help take our order. That was nice so as to avoid confusion. I did ask for a coffee and they forgot it and brought the two tables next to us cappuccinos (which I would think take longer to make); and those tables were seated well after we sat down. Besides this snafu, the service was generally good and the food was tasty. They do charge $13 for basically just greens with some goat cheese on top - so a bit excessive price for not much. The outdoor dining experience was pleasant and we had a nice time. We stayed well beyond paying our check to celebrate our mom's bday and give her gifts, and no one pressured us to leave. Nice time. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The classic deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014Always a pleasure to revisit the Odean. Have relied on it over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weekend brunch with kidsnishag68Dined on 6/29/2014Good service, decent menu with a variety of choices, but coffee needs HELP, tasted like bad diner coffee. The foods was good and our server was attentive and helpful with our three kids. Thanks.Special Features:
- Classy TriBeCa FavoriteJLve44VIPDined on 6/24/2014The Odeon is a comfortable, classy French/American bistro favorite of TriBeCa's creative community... A restaurant with a celebrity pedigree and fabled history, it's a great place to avoid tourists, enjoy awesome service, and have a deliciously memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Tribeca restaurantPrincess7VIPDined on 6/24/2014Odeon is a Tribeca gem and our favorite place to dine 1-2x week. Casual cool atmosphere, great food, eclectic crowd, always busy, amazing and friendly service, kid friendly. Great for drinks at the bar, brunch, lunch and dinner. And the ice cream cart outside is a must!Special Features:
- The following 826 reviews are from the The Odeon reviews archive.
- Great Neighborhood SpotAnnieDined on 6/15/2014The Odeon was our restaurant of choice for Father's Day. The food was great; the service was friendly and attentive. Highly recommend for a night out with family and friends.Special Features: