145 W. Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theodeonrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 233-0507
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 5:30 pm - 11 pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30 pm - 12 am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:30 pm - 1 am
Brasserie menu: Monday - Friday: 3 pm - 5:30 pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4 pm - 5:30 pm, Thursday - Saturday: 12 am - 1 am
Outside seating is available on a first come, first served basis every day , weather permitting.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Vincent Nargi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Prix-fixe menus are available for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Aaron Crowley 2122330507
A word from The Odeon
This classic French American Bistro has been a landmark in Tribeca since 1980. Friendly service with great food!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Odeon reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (47)good for groups (42)great for brunch (41)hot spot (41)late-night find (41)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (24)special occasion (23)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (13)scenic view (2)Show More
- ElizabethVIPDined on 11/22/2014Great neighborhood classic. Perfect for a date or a dinner with friends. Notable highlights: the french onion soup, duck confit, steak au poivre!Special Features:
- delicious eggs benedict.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014the Benedict sauce was truly delicious. Not artificial or out of a packet. The rest of the food was just okay the potatoes were greasy. I ordered a side of bacon. It was paper thin tasteless and dry. I am used to a side of bacon with a nice beefy piece of delicious flavor. Not here. Do not order the bacon. They heat their coffee cups but never told anyone. The liquid and cup were so HOT I burned my lip and tongue. I told the waiter wow thats a hot cup of coffee he said Oh yes we heat our mugs. Overall the ambience was very nice I would not come back here.
- great place to bring out of townersAnniversaryDined on 11/17/2014On a pouring-rain-all-day kind of day, this was a great place for a long lunch with out of town friends, after a visit to the 9/11 memorial and museum. Attentive service, no rushing and good hot soup. Not a bargain (drinks are expensive), but just right for that day and that group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place For Work DinnerEMarieDined on 11/13/2014Scallops a la plancha (with bacon jus) were incredible. Perfect portions, well mannered staff, great place for after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot but crampedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/13/2014They are really packing them in these days. I made a reservation but still ended up right outside the kitchen. The food is good, not great, it's a good neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 11/11/2014Not realizing until after we made the reservation that we were going to be in a time bind created some stress for us but after telling the waiter of our situation he did everything to make sure we were out on time without making us feel any more rushed than we already felt. In addition, one of the managers came by (having been told by the waiter no doubt ) to check on us. How thoughtful and accommodating of everyone! No wonder The Odeon is our go-to neighborhood restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always divine.Princess7VIPDined on 11/9/2014Our neighborhood favorite. We dine at least 1x week. Great with friends and great for kids. Food and menu consistently great. Service amazing and lovely. Ambiance is old school NYC. Love!Special Features:
- AverageMarylanderDined on 11/9/2014The Odeon was once a special place but it now seems very run of the mill. I would not have expected so many high chairs and very young diners. The brunch menu wasn't exactly inspired, but the prices would've had you believe it was something more unusual. All in all very unremarkable.
- Green26Dined on 11/7/2014Everything was good from the online booking and later increase in reservation online, to the increase in the reservation number again when we arrived, to the waiter (originally from Arkansas), to the food. Worked out perfect for us. While I live in Montana, I lived in NYC years ago, and have been to Odeon multiple times--although not recently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no wonder it's lastedkaykayVIPDined on 11/7/2014consistently good, always hopping, never disappoints.Special Features:
- Haven't been here in yearsMagsDined on 11/7/2014The Odeon holds up very well. It was early, so the noise level was not bad at all. Food came out FAST. Good quality, very polite & attentive service.Special Features:
- The best tuna burger in townHarp28VIPDined on 11/7/2014We keep coming back for the tuna burger. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2014First meal in the city on a guys' long weekend trip to NYC. Great start to our dining, highly recommend the tuna burger. Delicious.Special Features:
- Still ClassyBanditnycDined on 11/5/2014Although I have been going here for years, Odeon is still a classy place to go with new friends and old. It's just a great ! I love it. And frankly with all the places to eat this place still has held up! Xo love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/4/2014Perfect for us. Don't know what we'd do without it.Special Features:
- Downtown NY sceneJeromeDined on 11/2/2014Energetic, friendly staff, good ambiance. Our California friends loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014We always look forward to visiting The Odeon when in New York - it was fabulous as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodMattDined on 10/25/2014Probably had the best sea bass I've ever had over the weekend. Just an amazing job with the food.Special Features:
- Great for dinner w out-of-townersAuntiechachaVIPDined on 10/24/2014This place is classic... The last of the great French "diners," following the passing of Bellvue and Cafw Florent. Good is great, atmosphere is classically New York... Upscale and smidge downscale in a perfect blend. My guests LOVED the experience... As I always do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 10/22/2014On a miserably windy, rainy night, the Odeon was just the place to seek refuge. Drinks as always are good and so is the food though I have written before and write again that the entire menu needs an update. The few specials of the day, listed, described and with prices, are a choice from the limited main menu, but inadequate for those of us who are now bored with the food. I understand not tweaking a winner, but still....I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicHDG1Dined on 10/19/2014Old time NYC - great service - moderate pricing - Bistro dining as it should be...only criticism is the tight seating....you'll make friends with the folks next to you. Overall a great experience. Been there at least six times - and we'll go back. Great for late night or for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 10/16/2014We dine here 2-3x week. Our favorite neighborhood gem for years. Great for an early dinner with kids. Great for brunch/lunch/dinner with friends. Food is consistently delicious with great daily specials to mix it up. Staff and service are beyond friendly and amazing. Great ambiance. Always packed....in a good way. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- SpectacularLuvNYCDined on 10/15/2014What an amazing introduction to the restaurant scene in New York. Stunning Art Deco decor with just the right lighting. Sensational service both at the bar and at the table. The food was to die for. Elegant flavours paired together in such a complimentary way and so so delicious. A truly amazing all round experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 10/15/2014A perfect restaurant to recover from a day of moving! A welcomed cocktail began the evening. I was interested in the daily special oysters and the mussels. The advice I asked for from the waiter was spot-on and in fact I have ordered them again-=though they were not as good as they were this night. A special soup and the tuna burger always cooked as ordered by my companion completed a lovely meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chicken everFoodieDined on 10/12/2014My partner and I remembered this restaurant as being excellent, and we weren't disappointed this time either. The chicken was moist and tender with the perfect balance of vegetables and jus. My mouth is watering just writing about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodfrankofileDined on 10/12/2014Had brunch there the other Sunday and was told by my friends that they were looking forward to going again as they hadn't been back for many years. I had never been. We all had a great time......the service was truly outstanding and the food was terrific. We lingered longer than the proprietors would have liked but no one made us feel uncomfortable. I would definitely go back next time we travel to NY.Special Features:
- Our NYC gempgrabowskiDined on 10/8/2014Every other year we're coming to New York from Germany and would never miss to have dinner at "Indochine": Perfect place for having a perfecte eve out. Thank you for having us, your caring, discreet service and the fantastic food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really mediocre foodLHtvDined on 10/5/2014I've been to the Odeon in the past and had decent meals but I was really disappointed this time. I had the vegetarian cassoulet and it was barely edible - the beans were undercooked, it was too salty and topped with a heavy layer of (guaranteed to get stuck in your teeth) dried parsley. My husband had the pork special - and it was just OK, really nothing special about it. Our out of town guest had salmon that (thankfully) looked good, I just hope it tasted good as well. Def not going out of my way to return,
- classicrobharDined on 10/4/201430+ years and still the standard for NY restaurants.Special Features:
- A classicOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014The Odeon never disappoints. It's been my go-to place for 25 years, with very good food and a great vibe. It's perfect for dinner with friends or a date, a civilized brunch, or a leisurely late lunch or early dinner solo at the bar with an art magazine or the NYT from the proffered selection of reading material. The dinner menu has one of the best roast chickens around (a succulent, crisp-skinned roast chicken is harder to find in this city than you might think!), a terrific hanger steak and a nice selection of well-prepared and interestingly accompanied fish (although the fish portions can sometimes be small). Homemade ice cream is a highlight of the dessert menu. Omelettes and lemon ricotta pancakes make brunch worth waking up for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always divinePrincess7VIPDined on 9/30/2014Our favorite neighborhood gem. We eat here at least 2x week. With kids. Sans kids. Girls night out. Date night. A great vibe. Great American food. Amazing and friendly staff and service. A true NYC Icon.Special Features:
- Our favorite neighborhood gemPrincess7VIPDined on 9/24/2014We are regulars at Odeon. Every Thursday evening my daughter and i dine. Sometimes just the two of us. Sometimes with friends. Our favorite neighborhood gem for years. Great for brunch/lunch and dinner. Food consistently delicious. Service and staff amazing! Ambience always bustling with a great every. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A Tribeca StandbyjtjerseyDined on 9/23/2014We hadn't been to Odeon in quite some time but were pleasently surprised to find the ambiance, food and waitstaff just as we remembered it. As one of the early Keith McNally iterations in the city, it still has it's edge although the neighborhood and to some degree the clientele have changed greatly over the years. The food remains upscale bistro fare that is done exceptionally well. The hanger steak and the mushroom pie were executed perfectly at lunch. The wine list offers some interesting selections but you will be hard pressed to find bottles under $45-$50. The staff is engaging and eager to please but not intrusive. We'll be sure to visit more often in the future.Special Features:
- Nice placeEditoVIPDined on 9/17/2014Very nice dinner. The food was very good, and the service too. Place has a great vibe too.Special Features:
- One of my favorites in NYCmamabearVIPDined on 9/16/2014I kind of get tired of trying to figure out which restaurants are hip. I like knowing The Odeon is a reliable place to meet friends and have a great meal. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:
- Fun night in TriBeCaCartoonGuyVIPDined on 9/11/2014A bunch of friends were gathering for a night out on the town. We wanted to start with dinner downtown and returned to the Odeon, one of our favorite spots. I love the staff, the service is excellent, and the food is delicious. I highly recommend to anyone looking to have fun downtown. Also, if you call or book in advance, they can accommodate parties of 6 or 8. I love the round table in the rear, near the windows.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealna15VIPDined on 9/9/2014Odeon far and away exceeded my expectations. I had this on my watch list for awhile for a place to go with my dad, but never bit the bullet because nothing on the menu really stood out for me. I finally decided to go and I'm sure glad I did. I ended up getting two specials--the special salad which was crab and shrimp with hearts of palm and grapefruit, and the duck entree with peaches. Both were really delicious. I love peaches and was thrilled to see this on the menu. The duck was juicy and tasty. Yum! My dad got a salad and the chicken and he really enjoyed his too. For dessert, we split the donuts which were out of this world. I loved the maple and raspberry sauces. They are even better than the donuts at Flex Mussels.Special Features:
- Great food, Great AtmosphereUWSResidentDined on 9/7/2014We ate there for a casual early bird dinner and the food was really delicious, from appetizer to desert. They know what they are doing. It's a little bit on the pricey side after 6:30 but it's worth every penny. The restaurant itself is very cute and old school and reminded me of a typical French restaurant. Do not hesitate to go there as I am sure you will be very pleased. Service was great and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placemirnaiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is one of my preferred restaurants for the last 8 years. The tuna burger is so good and best french fries ever!Special Features:
- Authentic american-french brunchLeticiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Menu simple but food is really tasty. A little bit expensive for it.Special Features: