1122 1st Ave
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thenuaa.com/
- Phone: (212) 888-2899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:01pm - 10:45pm,
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:45pm,
Friday : 4:30pm - 11:45pm
Saturday : 3.01pm - 11.45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Chef Pitipong Bowornneeranart (Patrick)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from the Nuaa
The Nuaa means tasty and delicious. We are proudly presenting the precious art of modern authentic Thai cuisine. Come in to enjoy and further your understanding of Thai food. We are meticulous with our ingredients, taste, presentation and service. These efforts lead to something unlike what you may expect from other New York City Thai restaurants. We at the Nuaa are happy to accommodate all of your needs. You will have a wonderful dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
the Nuaa reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)romantic (12)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Thai food and AmbianceSJR1VIPDined on 11/21/2014Been here a few times and was glad to see the place nearly full on a Friday night. It's usually empty for some reason and The Nuaa is a secret that everyone should be aware of. Menu items are unique takes on Thai favorites and they are presented nicely which enhances the experience. The Purple Blossom appetizer is delicious along with the Crusted Tuna and Crispy Branzino entrees. I'm still trying to figure out all the ingredients in the side of Brussels Sprouts that make it so terrific. Desserts are a little pricey and small but tasty none the less. The Maple Roasted Pear and Flourless cake are safe bets to finish off the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiangMaiDonVIPDined on 11/17/2014Very good authentic Thai food. Plenty of variety on the menu to go back every week and not be bored.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adding to my favorites listhungryhipsterDined on 10/30/2014This little Thai spot is worth visiting. I've walked by admiring the decor and finally gave it a try. Great happy hour, scrumptious buns and purple dumpling not to miss. Staff is quite friendly and generous with time, bar area caual and fun to eat in its comfy chairs. Don't miss the sink in the women's room...even if your male...it's one at a time so if it's open, pop in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SandyVIPDined on 10/19/2014food coming out of kitchen was slow despite the fact we were the only ones in the restaurant. FOOD QUALITY WAS VERY GOOD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty Thai!scottyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was delicately flavored and served with care… A tad pricey… but still service was impeccable and the food more than delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014The restaurant has a lovely ambiance. The personnel were also quite pleasant and accomodating. The main issue revolves around an unusual menu. This is by no means traditional Thai. There are a series of unusual derivative dishes that were less than attractive. In fact, two parties arrived at the same time as us and left their tables after perusing the menu. The food that we ordered was cold and included unusual combinations of ingredients.
- Best ThaimgbfoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2014This is a lovely place with a really interesting and innovative menu. It is on a non-descript block and it deserves to be much busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is it so empty?WeezieVIPDined on 9/3/2014With really good food, a well designed, pretty interior and good service, I don't understand why The Nuaa is so empty. It's really the only thing I don't like about the place. I was there with my husband and son and aside from one young woman eating alone and a table of 4 we were the only ones there! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Everything about this place was beautiful and stunning. I really enjoyed myself. The food is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Nuaa was outstanding! The food was amazing and the service was great. The restaurant provided a wonderfully romantic evening of great food and fun!Special Features:
- great food, great drinksSammyVIPDined on 8/5/2014We went with some friends for dinner, we had been there for lunch and liked it. The food quality was outstanding, portions not huge, but filling. Lots of vegetarian options. Also, most food was spicy but there were less spicy choices as well. I would go back. We were there on a relatively quiet night, the only annoying thing was a family there with their loud baby who cried the entire evening,,, other than that the ambience was very nice.Special Features:
- The following 29 reviews are from the the Nuaa reviews archive.
- Best Thai-inspired modern foodJasonSmithDined on 7/11/2014The Nuaa is not "authentic" Thai food: it is much, much better. The owner and staff are Thai, and they obviously know Thai cuisine extremely well. Every item on the menu is identifiably Thai, but you would never find these dishes in Bangkok (where I live). The Nuaa Nuaa is very New York, and very modern. Remember to save room for the flour-less beer cake.Special Features:
- sissibeeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Eventhough the decor is very nice, the service good, the place calm and airy, the food is not very good, just ok for a quick lunch with the 15$ menu (starter + entree). Globally the food lacks refinement for Thai cuisine, it is heavy, too sweet, too salty, with too much sauce and too spicy. There are only two entrees on the menu that are not spicy. Nothing seems fresh, light and healthy. There is no children menu. We will not go back.Special Features:
- overpriced and boring foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014The decor was beautiful, but that was about it. The food was overpriced and boring. We had the crab dumplings which tasted like cheap and canned crab. We had the cauliflower appetizer which was bland and the crab curry tasted identical to a sauce I purchase at the supermarket. My husband had the ribs, I think 2 came on his plate. Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Worth it for the bathroom aloneAnomyVIPDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant was very quiet at lunch, and the service was great. (Not always the case; sometimes it seems like the fewer customers the less attention they get.) When I mentioned a signature dish (the purple blossom dumplings that I'd read about but weren't on the lunch menu, they happily provided them. The food was very good, and not just your typical Thai. The green papaya salad was also excellent, and not something I usually like. Finally, the restaurant is lovely, and if you go there, be sure to check out the sink in the restroom. Divine!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findNuvobanoDined on 2/7/2014Looking for a Thai restaurant on the upper east side found this gem. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second time. TheyDisappointedVIPDined on 1/17/2014This was my second time. They changed the menu , which was a disappointment.. Still, great food ....Special Features:
- What happened to your menu?foodie4nycDined on 1/10/2014The menu was condensed to two pages and everything we chose had "ran out" for the night. When we got our dessert menu, 2 out of the only 3 desserts were also out for the night. It was a poor experience.Special Features:
- website menu is out of dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/10/2014I checked their website prior to booking the reservation but when we arrived it was completely different from the actual menu. The waiter informed me that they changed it at the beginning of the year (it was January 11th). The menu that remains was extremely expensive. The food was actually very good, but the portions were small. The crab appetizer was great, but you only get 4 sushi maki size portions on a giant plate.
- Look Elsewhere!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/30/2013Not worth the time and money for Thai food lovers. The food bears only a slight resemblance to true Thai cuisine. It appears to have been significantly modified to better align with the taste buds of UES New Yorkers. Some food items meant to be served hot were stone cold my the time they reached our table. Not all items on the menu were available on the evening I visited. The service was friendly but extremely inefficient. The environment and decor are attractive and inviting.
- good change of paceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/28/2013Food was delicious although spicy. I switched to white wine to cut the spiciness. Loved the food. Waiters very attentive. Fun place. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thai restaurantSJR1VIPDined on 12/15/2013I really liked the ambiance inside. Never been to Thailand but I felt like I was there while eating. Everything from the Duck Bun and Crispy Calamari to the Papaya salad, Grilled Tiger Prawns and Pork Curry were delicious. I like spicy food and they happily increased the spice level at my request. Service was attentive and never intrusive. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must place to eat while on townOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/7/2013Fabulous food and service!! A very relaxing dinning experience with great food options. You have got to try the nanny back Asian ribs! The service was impeccable!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had Thai food a millionheadcleanrDined on 12/5/2013We had Thai food a million a million times and this was definitely one of the top three. Great cocktails, great food, great ambiance great service. We enjoyed it from the very first minute.Special Features:
- great food, reasonable pricehatetorateDined on 12/5/2013Crispy calamari was memorable and dumplings also absolutely delicious. Also had pork tenderloin in green curry - hard to choose, but all we had was delicious. Definitely try the pink grapefruit basil martini. Refreshing and not too sweet. Gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way above other Thai restaurants.mgbfoodieVIPDined on 11/29/2013Way above other Thai restaurants. Wonderful menu, great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great ambianceSophiemotDined on 11/1/2013We had a good time for 13 people. Good food, good service. Only down note, paying the bill was almost impossible!! Everybody wanted separate bills, that was too much For them, took 30 min to pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely returneastsidedinerVIPDined on 11/1/2013We had walked by this restaurant several times but were always headed elsewhere. We finally decided to try it on Friday and so glad we did! The appetizers are preceded by a little shot of a chicken based soup and orange juice to clean the palate. Appetizers that followed were great: chicken dumplings and ceviche. And the Chilean Sea bass was superb. Service was there every time you needed them but did not feel like they were hovering. This is definitely now on our list of regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was lovely- foodAAAAVIPDined on 10/30/2013Everything was lovely- food and service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!NanaBananaDined on 10/15/2013The food and service are great. Enjoy! We've been back several times with different friends each time. It's always a hit!Special Features:
- Pleasently surprisedNicoleDined on 10/12/2013My friends and I are from out of town and are used to very good Thai food. We were extremely pleased with both the authentic food and the ambience. Would definitely recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are looking for delicate,fitfoodieDined on 9/10/2013If you are looking for delicate, interesting, delicious, excellent Thai food, you've found the right place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is very good.Staff freindy,resfoodie2cravebarVIPDined on 7/24/2013food is very good.Staff freindy,responsive.One drawback..Being a Thai restaurant,not having,Thai desserts in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to NUAAFrancesca211VIPDined on 7/21/2013A bit pricey, but the food is delicious, so worth a visit...service was very good and the ambience is appealing...Special Features:
- Not so hidden gem.BebeVIPDined on 6/30/2013What a versatile setting. Came on a date, and am already planning a larger group event here. Beautifully decorated. The food was divine. Authentic, delicious. Papaya salad was so fresh and scrumptious. I am still dreaming of the curries. Really great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome venueDanaVIPDined on 5/31/2013The decor in here is unbelievable. The food is delicious and the staff is super attentive. Cute date night spot and perfect for cocktails with girl friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where in the food is veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/12/2013Where in the food is very good, the service was extremely poor, and the waiter was very rude. The service was very slow.
- Service was good, howeverDazzlingGemDined on 5/3/2013Service was good, however I would not make a return trip for the food. Fine if you are in the neighborhood and hungry but not a destination spot. Presentation of food was very good. -Dumplings with crispy garlic were good but they add peanuts which overpowered all the other flavors. The dumplings were formed to look like little succulent plants which was very cute - and the garlic was good. I would order this dish again but without peanuts. -Crispy spring rolls were fair - filling was good, but the outside roll dough was too think and sort of gummy on the inside rather than thin and crisp. -For entrees we ordered the short ribs which were a nice portion. -Pad Kee Mao - used a root spice that tasted too earthy.
- Have eaten here on a numerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/29/2013Have eaten here on a numer of occasions, the food is always very good, well prepared and delicious. The staff are excellent. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there few times already,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013Went there few times already, and we are never disappointed.Special Features: