The Northside Social
6525 N College Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46220Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Northside Social
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.northsidesocial.com/
- Phone: 3172530111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm (Bar open 4:00pm - 11:00pm), Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm (Bar open 4;00pm - 1:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Northside Kitchenette Caters! Our food, brought to you or made available to take away ... for whatever size group you need to feed. Call us for more information. We would love to be part of your day!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private banquet dining in the evenings at our luncheonette, Northside Kitchenette which is located right next door to The Northside Social. This adorable space accommodates up to 50 guests, and is perfect for your birthday, business, wedding or any special occassion!! Call us for details on reserving Northside Kitchenette.
- Private Party Contact: Stephen 3172530111
A word from The Northside Social
Locally owned & focused on bringing you the best, seasonal menu selections as well as local craft beers and boutique wines. Located on the northern end of Broad Ripple Village, The Northside Social is a place for neighbors, visitors & friends to share a meal, relax and unwind in a chic, comfortable atmosphere. Opened in 2010, our traditional comfort foods, fresh seafood & seasonally changing menu borrow from Mediterranean, Caribbean and traditional Southern cuisines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
The Northside Social - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
The Northside Social reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (34)special occasion (33)good for groups (21)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Will Be Back!luvgr8foodDined on 9/13/2014Most restaurants I have been to never get a third chance. But, I'll be back frequently to the Northside Social. Comfortable seating, lovely easy on the eyes decor, and delicious food!Special Features:
- ExcellentwboutDined on 9/12/2014We enjoyed this place during our first visit. We had the brisket and it was very good. A little pricey though. And the acoustics seem to be off a bit because it seems louder than normal for the amount of people in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time won't be our lastSummerfieldLivingDined on 9/6/2014We wanted to find a new restaurant but got off to a late start for the evening out. Since they would seat us late, we decided to give Northside Social a try. Our waitress knew the menu very well and recommended some delicious dishes and a great bottle of wine. This will become a regular locale for us going forward for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014After all the rave reviews, Northside Social was extremely disappointing. Food was just okay, definitely nothing special. Server seemed bored and disinterested. Before our salads were served, a loud and boisterous group of 14 were seated very close to our table. The restaurant knew they were coming, and we could have been seated closer to the front of the restaurant, away from the pandemonium. Perhaps it was an "off" night, but I won't go back to find out, and can't recommend based on my experience.
- Always greatIndydinerDined on 8/29/2014We keep coming back because the food is always cooked perfectly and the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food as Always!YummyDined on 8/25/2014A very pleasant restaurant with lovely atmosphere - at night with the lighting and decor - white leathered chairs etc The best part is the variety and the high quality of food served. We started with a summer lemon cocktail and then salads and mains. All the salads choices were enjoyed - I had the Caesar with anchovies which was one of the best Caesars I have had in a long time. Scallops served with mushroom risotto and triggerfish served with various roasted tasty veggies were all big hits. I had triggerfish and it was a perfect serving size - not too small nor too large. The fish was very fresh and perfectly prepared! Our server was knowledgeable, helpful and fun too. Consistently good food and service - well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner outDinner4fourDined on 8/22/2014We ordered Asian green bean and Parmesan calamari strips for our appetizer...Both were delicious! The brisket was tender and very flavorful. The salmon was just alright...but our server was very attentive. We will go back....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Dinner with friends and each of us found something new and interesting to try on the menu. Samples were exchanged all around the table and we thought all dishes were excellent. Will definitely have to come back again to try more dishes. A tad chilly and loud, but the air temperature warmed up and the food was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodDanGVIPDined on 7/30/2014My partner and I took another couple as our guests to say thanks for house-sitting during a vacation. We wanted it to be a really nice experience...and I was. We are so glad we opted for a table with the four very comfortable, padded chairs, not at the two seat, two-chair banquette first offered. That straight up, lightly padded back on the banquette would have been a problem for a long meal. The menu is fairly comprehensive - everyone enjoyed their meals and my salmon steak was especially good. We split a lemon cheesecake and a berry cobbler four ways which was a perfect ending. Service is smooth and discreet. Note - if you have one cocktail per person and any side dishes, expect $45-50 each with tax and tip. Well worth it.Special Features:
- Wow!MjkIndyDined on 7/25/2014Great food and even better service! This was the dining out experience I wanted and was pleasantly surprised. Reasonably priced for a great meal.Special Features:
- Great Place to Catch UpReunion88Dined on 7/19/2014Our group of 8 had not seen one another in a long time. The Northside Social was a perfect place for us to catch up. The menu had something for everyone and our server provided excellent service without disrupting the conversation. I marked ambience as 3 stars only because the restaurant is loud.Special Features:
- Great foodrbcmDined on 7/19/2014Northside Social is a gem of a place. The food was incredible and the service was efficient and friendly. The potatoe crusted basa was wonderful. I am not a big fan of fish, but the waitress recommended this dish. She was spot on. My husband ordered the evening's special. It was another fish entree, but it had a spicy crawfish and crab sauce. He loved it. The restaurant was busy but we never felt rushed. I would highly recommend this place. I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerfor2Dined on 7/19/2014Has a nice variety of selections. Accommodating to substitution request. Good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and serviceAnnexdinerDined on 7/19/2014We were impressed by the food and the service at this restaurant. It is located in a parking lot on a main street, in an district where there are canals and rivers, so we were not impressed by the ambience. Inside is noisy, but it has a few outside tables.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We've visited many times, have always enjoyed anywhere we are seated, the staff is prompt and food is yummy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funnishquaintVIPDined on 7/18/2014The mahi was divine. The ambience was a bit old for our liking but the food was freaking awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy with excellent servicestareditDined on 7/15/2014The menu strikes a nice balance between dishes that appeal to those who don't like spicy (I'm in that group) and those who do. A friend and I found a lot of entrees that were very appealing, and our server (Kelli) offered helpful recommendations. We settled on the ribeye, almond- and coconut-crusted mahi with lobster and crab sauce and split a side of gourmet mac/cheese (not the spicy mac/cheese). The ribeye was seasoned perfectly, and all the food was delicious. Each of us took a dessert home (a brownie sundae and a slice of lemon cheesecake). My cheesecake was good (no real lemon flavor), but the crust was mushy (I'd guess due to too much butter). A cheesecake crust should stand up to the filling. This one didn't.Special Features:
- Love the Social!PGBDiningDined on 7/5/2014The Northside Social is one of our go-to places for entertaining and higher-end dining in Indianapolis. Artisan cocktails, great service, a fabulous ambiance and a delightful variety of very tasty menu options make it a sure-win every time. Our most recent visit found 7 of us enjoying each others' company for several hours. The calamari wedges and spicy feta plus tapenade appetizers started the evening. Cosmos, wine and a couple of specialty drinks kept the conversation lively. Dinners included triggerfish, strip steak, brisket and mahi mahi entrees which were all very well received. We finished the evening with coffee, a berry crisp and some decadent chocolate dishes. All excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience...Jameskatl16Dined on 6/27/2014The restaurant was very helpful and kind to our situation. We were a group of 4 and the other couple was late due to a flat tire on the way to the restaurant. We explained what had happened to the front desk and they allowed us to keep our reservation and got us our seat as soon as they others could join us. Will go back for sure!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SocialMigillyDined on 6/14/2014We tried the special menu - a nice offering. Everyone's meal was delicious - large portions. Yummy bread puddingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!JzmomDined on 6/14/2014The meals were fantastic. Loved the Mahi dish. Our server offered suggestions and was attentive. She didn't miss a beat. I would absolutely recommend The Northside Social for a drink, appetizer, meal or why not all three? I would definetly go back. What a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableFoodielifeDined on 6/13/2014The atmosphere and food were both great. I would definitely enjoy dinning here again.Special Features:
- Loved it !stevenDined on 6/12/2014Great service, great food & great atmosphere....Can't wait to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and I will returnFoodieVIPDined on 6/9/2014Wow, what a pleasant surprise. This used to be a biker bar and they converted it to a top notch elegant dining restaurant. I had the beer brisket and it was hardy and a good size portion. Extensive wine list. Excellent food presentation and very enjoyable. I heard rumors about the high quality of the food (they were true) and I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- LexieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/7/2014We love Northside. We try everything on the menu and it is all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersBD05Dined on 6/7/2014It was the first time dining at this restaurant. The menu is different and full of items I haven't seen. I chose the Spicy Triggerfish entree. It was delicious! The fish was cooked very well and it was placed on top a bed of vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, potatoes, squash). I would recommend this meal. We had to send a few glasses and silverware back because they were dirty. I would recommend getting a detergent to clear off the waterspots on the glasses as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant OKJerryVIPDined on 6/6/2014The restaurant was just OK. Earlier in it's history, the meals were more tasty and interesting.Special Features:
- Quality food and drink selectionWifesafoodieDined on 6/3/2014The Northside Social is a great place for special occasions or just a night out. Quality food and great drink selection will appeal to all, while the casual elegant atmosphere is very inviting and not overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 136 reviews are from the The Northside Social reviews archive.
- Great Northside Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/17/2014I really enjoy this place, although the service was a little slow this time. Nice upscale-ish vibe with good comfort food menu options. I really enjoy the drink menu. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodgoodeatsDined on 5/17/2014The food was outstanding with a good selection on the menu. The bleu cheese fondue appetizer was particularly good. We had the pork tenderloin and the grouper. Both great.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!BCCMVIPDined on 5/13/2014I didn't know what to expect in the way of food quality for Northside Social since I have ususally found it a great place to go for cocktails. In fact, the food was great. Three of us ordered three different entrees and all 3 were fabulous. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice spot for a dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/12/2014My girlfriend and I went to Northside Social to celebrate. Nice place with good food and good service. A little pricey, but I would definitely recommend it because you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- First TimesItsAlwaysSomethingDined on 5/11/2014First time dining at Northside Social and was pleasantly surprised. Being in a stripmall gives you the impression that it won't be that nice but don't judge this book by the cover. Very pleasant atmosphere and decor. The Mother's Day brunch was wonderful, decent coffee, good service. Will definitely try dinner there soon.Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchjjooDined on 5/11/2014This was the third year in a row we went to Northside Social for mother's day brunch. The first two years were amazing - they had this amazing breaded shrimp and a great mix of breakfast / dinner foods. This year, though, it was definitely just average. There was shrimp, but just plain shrimp. Not the breaded shrimp we coveted each year. So we're going to find another brunch location to celebrate at next year. But people should give it a whirl ... it's nice enough.
- Great service, great brisketSetTheTableDined on 5/10/2014We had a party of seven and the waitress was friendly, enthusiastic and quick while keeping all the orders and special orders straight. We especially enjoyed the brisket and the white cheddar and chile mac and cheese. All middle aged guests needed their cell phone lights to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed It, Again!MikeinMidtownDined on 5/10/2014Last minute decision to do dinner there Saturday, one of the best we have made in months. Dinner was excellent at nearly every stage. Only two tiny steps away from flawless. The calamari was perfect, The strip steak with egg and blue cheese was amlost other worldly and desert was too big to finish. We did find the Cesar salad to be too dry, practically no dressing at all. But over all we were extremely impressed and rate excellent. Server, Daniel, didn't miss a beat all night very efficient. Our son (2) must have approved as well, he ate 3 times his normal.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJJBDAYdinnerDined on 5/3/2014Server was great. Very helpful with recommending dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time hereMMB4Dined on 5/2/2014Loved this place! Everything we tried, we loved. Calamari steak fries were delicious. The sauce that they come with was heavenly! I ordered the potato crusted basa, and my husband got the blackened grouper with crawfish étouffée. Absolutely delicious, and fantastic service, too. This place is a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music?AdamDined on 5/2/2014Northside Social is most known for its ambiance and great cocktails, but recently (last month or two) the music (which is a nice blend of 1950's-Senatra-style tunes) has been so low that you can only hear chatter from other tables. If Northside Social looses its ambiance then it's probably time to move on to another place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always something specialindykimberDined on 4/26/2014It was getting close to dinnertime and I saw a facebook post from Northside with a photo of the dinner special. Instant decision to make reservation. Outstanding bone in pork chop with citrus glaze and grapefruit salad served with mashed white sweet potatoes and zucchini cakes. The dinner tasted as good as it looked. The wedge salad with the horseradish bleu cheese dressing was terrific, too. Need to go back soon to get my go to entree - the amazing clay pot fish.Special Features: