The Nimrod Restaurant and Jazz Lounge
100 Dillingham Ave
Falmouth, MA 02540Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Nimrod Restaurant and Jazz Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thenimrod.com/
- Phone: 5085404132
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Nimrod Restaurant and Jazz Lounge
Jim and Gwyn Murray have created a restaurant where unforgettable evenings are made. This charming, historical landmark enjoys the finest reputation for romantic candlelight dining, live jazz, and sophisticated nightlife. Highly recommended by Falmouth's finest B&B's and hotels as an establishment of consistently extraordinary cuisine. Open year round enjoy our roaring fireplaces, antique pub in the cooler months or our cabana bar, large screened porch or air conditioned formal dining room during the warmer months.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Nimrod Restaurant and Jazz Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellant waitress , veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012Excellant waitress , very helpful , encouraged Us to try an app that was delicious. Will definitely Return.Special Features:
- Labor Day weekend - We wantedkickVIPDined on 9/1/2012Labor Day weekend - We wanted to make sure we had a reservation while staying on the Cape. Food was good. Wait staff was very good. Bar seemed lively. Lots of vacationing locals atmosphere. Would go to again. Three options for seating. Maybe a great tuck away bar in the wintertime.
- we had a group of 6. we madeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2012we had a group of 6. we made reservations the same day on a very busy weekend. Making them on line was a breaze. the seating was excellent. the service was outstanding. everyone was very happy with the variety and quality of the food. after the meal we spent some time in the piano bar and had a great time. it made for a great night. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was ok, plain. Good service.HungryFamilyDined on 9/1/2012The service was great. We visited on Saturday of labor day weekend thinking it would be crowded , but place was nearly empty. We got to sit on a nice screen porch, which was good. We were disappointed they were not offering Prime Rib, but the staff was more than accommodating offering suggested alternatives and allowing substitutions (i.e. no shrimp), but the overall food was a bit plain for the expense. Heard later from friends that the place has been declining in recent years, focusing more on the bar scene rather than the food, which is unfortunate.Special Features:
- An historic building and itHBfoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2012An historic building and it shows. Seated in covered patio area. A "nice touch" was watching spiders crawl around the window sills. Fortunatly they were double paned. Service was o.k. Food bland. We will not be returning.
- Great food off the beaten path...SantaDined on 8/17/2012We were very leary of going here... place was empty on one of the last weekends of the summer. The facility is quite old and would have a lot of charm in winter with fireplaces going, but for summer just seemed alittle disjointed for atmousphere. However, we really enjoyed our meals. The food was suprizingly very good, a little pricy but very good. Apparently this place has been around for a while but its off the beaten path so gets little traffic. So if you looking for a place on the cape and dont want to fight the crowds, this is definitly a place you want to try.Special Features:
- Every restaurant we calledave822VIPDined on 7/28/2012Every restaurant we called for a reservation on a Saturday night was booked so we decided to "settle" for the only restaurant with openings--and Nimrod had openings the entire night. Because of this, we went in not expecting much: WE WERE SO WRONG. The BEST crab cakes we have ever tried and a menu to please anyone. I imagine (and hope) Nimrod will soon be well known for how great it is, so I reccomend making a reservation and trying it before the crowds find out about it. I'm not the type to take time to write reccomendations after eating at restaurants, but I would have felt guilty not promoting this place.Special Features:
- The food was good but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012The food was good but a little too much cheese on specific items, ie mussels.Special Features:
- the oysters were terribleearlybirdsVIPDined on 3/17/2012the oysters were terrible and the crabcakes tasted like they were right from the freezer
- Had much higher expectations-theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/29/2012Had much higher expectations-the food was just fair and the location could really use some updating.
- Pleasant surprise, orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011Pleasant surprise, ordered the duck and it was very good. Everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner.Special Features:
- Dinner was fantastic can'tOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/12/2011Dinner was fantastic can't wait to go again. I was there many, many years ago.Special Features:
- Great food!rabankerDined on 10/24/2011Food and service were great. I had shrimp and chicken Marsala, my husband had haddock. Both were very good.Special Features:
- ImpressedJMROCHEDined on 10/15/2011Impressed! Server was great! Super attentive, sweet & patient to our large group. Food great & private room lovely with piano and band in background. Dont believe bad reviews its amazing!!Special Features:
- AVOIDRobiesloveVIPDined on 9/17/2011Arrived and hostess was very friendly, offering a quieter table, away from bar noise. Chairs were black vinyl swivel, hostess gave us menus. 10 minutes went by without any service We left
- Not RecommendedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/18/2011This is the first restaurant on OpenTable that has been a true disappointment. We would not return. Last night was a hot and humid evening on Cape Cod. This restaurant does not have air conditioning. The facility is old and in need of a huge renovation. There is no ambiance. The food is not up to the standards of Open Table restaurants.