The New York Beer Company
321 W. 44th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The New York Beer Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nybeercompany.com/
- Phone: 212 245 2337x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 8am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Available Daily until 2am
*Breakfast & Brunch is available starting at 11am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Paul Simon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The New York Beer Company can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2337
- Cross Street: 44th Street (between 8th Ave & 9th Ave)
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1,2,3,A,C,E, N,Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from The New York Beer Company
The New York Beer Company is an exciting new Bar & Grill located at the historic New York Observer Building, in mid-town Manhattan. Close to Times Square, the theater district and the vibrant Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. With occupancy for nearly 300 there is comfort for groups and parties of all sizes as well as regular bar patrons, theater goers & folks that live & work in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The New York Beer Company reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (32)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (15)neighborhood gem (14)late-night find (10)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing Special but great serviceFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 10/25/2014Decided to have a non-foodie evening with typical bar grub in hopes to be able to eat in less than an hour. NYBC pulled through! I wasn't really in the mood for fiddleheads and long drawn out tasting menus, I wanted easy and good. The Cheese Stick were great and cheezy all the way through which is rare as usually the cheese is burned out. The chicken wings were spicy and meaty but average. The mushroom and goat cheeze pizza was very good with really well browned goat cheese, not a melted runny mess. Beer selections were excellent and varied. My only complaint is the halloween decorations which were in the way.
- Top Notch For Casual Dining .BardlvrVIPDined on 10/23/2014Service, wonderful. Food, yummy. Portions, BIG. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lively atmosphere!LisaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Needed a place to accomodate a large group before a Broadway show. They worked to bring out our order quickly and the food was great! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made me want to come back again.AelixDined on 10/14/2014We went to NY Beer Co to get a quick dinner before theater. My meal came out incorrect which occasionally happens no big deal. However the manager came over immediately and apologized. We were pleasantly surprised when he said that the drinks and dessert were on the house.My meal came out shortly after and was correct.They really care about their customer's.We would definitely go back if we are dinning in the theater district.PS The food and desserts were very good.Special Features:
- way too loudidontapproveofnicknamesDined on 10/11/2014We couldnt even talk to one another across our table because the music was far too loud. There was a dj. He was awful. The food was ok. Not bad but nothing to write home about. Waitress forgot about us a couple times but it was busy. Seriously though the noise was unreal. It was like being at a concert.
- Great food & BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Mozz Sticks with Rasberry balsamic were great. Followed it up with a Maxed out Burger which was Fantastic!Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/7/2014My wife had the fish and chips and I had the Belgium Chicken. They were both very good. I also had the 2 for 1 Brooklyn Beer. The General Manager delivered the second beer and surprised us with a free desert. We enjoyed the experience and will probably go back.Special Features:
- Lively RestaurantMichaelsCorner1Dined on 9/24/2014Delicious food, convenient location and friendly staff make this restaurant a fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and predictablePatrickVIPDined on 9/24/2014It's hard to say anything bad about a $10 lunch that includes a really nice draft beer, a good hamburger, and some decent fries. This is such a good deal.
- familyVIPDined on 9/21/2014if you are looking for tranquility, this is not the place to come. However, if you want to watch the game and deafening noise excites you then look no further. Menu has lots of choices and the food is what you would expect, okay.Special Features:
- Service was amazingMSM13VIPDined on 9/19/2014This was a very typical bar with a huge beer selection. It was good for a group and being rowdy after work But I have to say this place will stand out to me more than others because of the amazing service! Our server Rachel was fantastic. She was sweet and gave great suggestions of beers. She was so fun to have around we wanted her to pull up a chair and spend the evening with us! I would absolutely go back again if I made sure she was our waitress.Special Features:
- Dinner after showCarolmicVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went there after a show this past Sunday. We started with nachos and they were good but nothing special. Friends had hamburger thought it was one of best he ever had. I had crab sandwich. Wish it came with brioche as promised they did let me substitute sweet potato fries for regular fries and they were very good. Drinks were as expected. Would go back if in neighborhood and looking for a good sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceAyoJaneDined on 9/3/2014The restaurant is very comfortable. It's great for meeting up with friends & if you actually like beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodWhitmanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Did not know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. This is a sports bar but the food was much above average for the place. Will return.Special Features:
- Another BirthdayMommaCupcake714Dined on 8/29/2014I came here for brunch last year but I wanted to take my husband here for his birthday before we went to see a Broadway play. The food was decent for the dinner crowd. The Beer Battered Onion Rings were lightly fried and I have to say really great.Special Features:
- Craft beer heavenDiningsnobDined on 8/27/2014Good selection of craft beers offering flights of your chosing (as well as domestics)...Friendly, helpful staff. Bar food with a twist. Good meeting place; can accommodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodBubbaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday early. Wasn't very crowded. The place is very plesant to look at. Inviting, open and would seem perfect for a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking beer and watching sports. Food was good with large portions. The turkey club was a delicious meal. The Hoagie sandwich was not quite as good with more veggies than meat. Service attentive. Nice place if you are in the times Square west areaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to theaterreendDined on 8/20/2014Great beer list. Yummy food for lunch and close to the theater. Predictable price won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Yummydonna68Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner here (I had a steak and my daughter had the Cobb salad) especially the deep friend oreos for desert.
- OUTSTANDINGchich67VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were on our way to see a show, couldn't of asked for a more pleasant experience. Tevera, was our server and she was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchLacrosseguyDined on 8/9/2014Great beer selection on draft and bottle. Food was surprisingly good, and well presented. Gotta get the onion rings!. Not a high brow place but a very solid sports bar. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!Brooklyngirl07Dined on 8/6/2014I took my daughter and my nephew here for dinner after we had seen a matinee. We had a reservation, but had no trouble being seated early. The waitress was friendly and helpful when making entrée decisions (the crabcakes were very good!) and the desserts were delicious, especially the double fudge brownie. This restaurant has an extensive beer selection and the music was good and not so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation. A very nice place to hang out after work or to get a good meal at a decent price. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soUnderwhelmedDined on 8/2/2014The hostess didn't greet us in a friendly manner. The restaurant floor had clearly not been cleaned from the night before, nor had the seats that she sat us in. I asked her to move tables based on the lack of cleanliness and she didn't apologize for the state of the table, or tell someone to remedy the situation for the next customer. The nachos we ordered were cold and stale. The egg-white omelet was fine, but over-priced. The server was very polite, friendly, efficient, and worked hard. For such a great space with so much potential given the smart concept it has going, I was disappointed.Special Features:
- thanks Open Table!!LizEatsALotVIPDined on 7/29/2014I only found this awesome little place because of Open Table! (so thanks). First of all - the places is really cool. Huge bar - lots of cool artwork and stuff to look at. The crowd was good, not too loud but still energetic. The staff was really nice - our server Stephanie was a sweetie and provided awesome service. We ordered A LOT of fried food....but it was all good. Pickles, onion rings, the chili dogs were the bomb!!! Mushroom pizza on wheat crust.... my favorite was the Mac and Cheese, but it's got a kick - beware. Awesome drink menu, lots of local crafts/drafts and several offerings of Cider. Really awesome find!Special Features:
- Good Spot for a SundayNeilSDined on 7/27/2014For a Sunday this place at 6:30 was not that crowded which was nice. I ordered the steak sandwich was was good and my girlfriend had the turkey burger with a salad. The beer selection was nice. The service was good and for NYC the bill was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go after workmmk429Dined on 7/25/2014I went here with my friends for an after work dinner and drinks, and we had a great time! Call in advance to activate the taps at your table if you come with a group. The service is great. I made the mistake of ordering a salad which was just okay, but everyone else loved their bar food. Definitely come here and check it out! It wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be on a Friday night (which was good for us) but the bar had a bunch of people and there are a lot of beers discounted for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fast!!!PilypilyDined on 7/25/2014First time in New York Beer Co and i will definitely come back, great food, fast service and a large variety of beers.... Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Twist on BrunchWantmoreDined on 7/20/2014I made a reservation here for brunch for my friends and I when I was visiting NYC. The service was a little slow for the restaurant not being crowded, but the food was wonderful! I ordered the steak and egg hoagie, and I loved it. They also have $10 bottomless mimosas and bloody marys on Saturdays and Sundays, which I think is a great deal for the city. All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerMarkESackettVIPDined on 7/9/2014Seriously tasted like an outdoor grill burger! And the front desk staff and wait staff were very friendly! I came in to watch a FIFA World Cup MatchSpecial Features:
- Buffalo chicken let downBoston123Dined on 7/8/2014The buffalo chicken pizza came highly recommend from our lovely server so ewe went with her recommendation. The pizza was just not good...the chicken looked/felt highly processes and was "cubed" which made it feel even more artificial. You could tell the "chicken" had been frozen and thawed. It was a major let down since the pizza was over 25$. The service was excellent but pizza was 2/10 at best.
- TemperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Overall a good place, only problem was the air was blasting and was told could not be turned down as they had the front windows open.Special Features:
- Just awesomeHannahDined on 7/3/2014I wanted to make reservations at a nice restaurant to end my day in manhattan, so my friends and I decided on this place based on the reviews. I was on a mission trip and we had a day in manhattan to do whatever we wanted, and we wanted a good place with good food and a variety of it, since there were 10 of us. It went above expectations. It is loud, but they play really good music, so you can sing along without being embarrassed! My friends and I are all underage, so we obviously didn't have any beer and we didn't sit at the bar, but it was completely appropriate for us, even though there was a bar. I would say it was kid friendly. Our service was outstanding and the food (especially the fries) was outstanding. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer...only.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/2/2014Great selection of beer, but the food is not good. Skip it. Or just share an appetizer that seems somewhat pedestrian.Special Features:
- Great Spot Before or After A ShowanniemacDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch here before seeing a show a block away. Service was fabulous and the food generally good. The mac and cheese was delicious - pizza not so good for NYC. Beer was cold and good. Salads very good. Not very crowded at lunchtime.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the The New York Beer Company reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/1/2014We are not beer drinkers but I would imagine NY Beer Co is great if you drink beer. We eat here when we are in NY because we are almost guaranteed to have a good burger and they have never disappointed us. We also enjoy that you have the option to have your burger with fries or a side salad. The salad is always fresh, crisp and lightly dressed. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodAychArrGuyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We choose NYBC because of its proximity to the theatre (where we had tickets for a 3PM show) and because they could accommodate a party of 8 people. From the moment we stepped in the door, our experience was extremely positive. The hostess was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Servers came to our table immediately and answered all of our questions. Although NYBC has the potential to be loud given the bar crowd and multitude of TV's, it was relatively quiet on this particular day. The food was excellent and came quickly. There was one problem with cold french fries, but they were quickly replaced. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Close to TheatersJudyDined on 6/18/2014We chose The New York Beer Company because it was close to our theater. We do not like a lot of noise, so we sat in the front of the restaurant which was much less frenetic than the main section. The food and service was friendly and good. However, I ordered a salad without cheese and had to send it back because there was cheese in it. A replacement salad came quickly. No complaints, but I would only go there again if it was close to another show we were seeing.
- Great sports barJohnny3VIPDined on 6/17/2014Great spot to watch a game, grab a sandwich and have a beer off an impressive micro-brew list. Servers are friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the beers on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and Friendly Pre Show spotHilNYCVIPDined on 6/8/2014We had about 30 minutes to eat a quick meal and the staff was excellent getting us in and out on time. We sat at the bar and the bartender (I can't remember her name) was really friendly, offered suggestions that would be quick and yummy and even gave us a sample of some cool brews. Thanks for great service and a quick meal. Next time, we'll stay longer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findGinoVIPDined on 6/8/2014Excellent beer and burger spot! Extra friendly service with a smile. We went there for lunch and good food and good service, what else do you need? A pleasant experience overall!Special Features: