The New York Beer Company
321 W. 44th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The New York Beer Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nybeercompany.com/
- Phone: 212 245 2337x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 8am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Available Daily until 2am
*Breakfast & Brunch is available starting at 8am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Paul Simon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The New York Beer Company can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2337
- Cross Street: 44th Street (between 8th Ave & 9th Ave)
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1,2,3,A,C,E, N,Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from The New York Beer Company
The New York Beer Company is an exciting new Bar & Grill located at the historic New York Observer Building, in mid-town Manhattan. Close to Times Square, the theater district and the vibrant Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. With occupancy for nearly 300 there is comfort for groups and parties of all sizes as well as regular bar patrons, theater goers & folks that live & work in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The New York Beer Company reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)great for lunch (34)vibrant bar scene (32)great for brunch (17)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (10)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Craft beer heavenDiningsnobDined on 8/27/2014Good selection of craft beers offering flights of your chosing (as well as domestics)...Friendly, helpful staff. Bar food with a twist. Good meeting place; can accommodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodBubbaDined on 8/24/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday early. Wasn't very crowded. The place is very plesant to look at. Inviting, open and would seem perfect for a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking beer and watching sports. Food was good with large portions. The turkey club was a delicious meal. The Hoagie sandwich was not quite as good with more veggies than meat. Service attentive. Nice place if you are in the times Square west areaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummydonna68Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner here (I had a steak and my daughter had the Cobb salad) especially the deep friend oreos for desert.
- OUTSTANDINGchich67Dined on 8/9/2014We were on our way to see a show, couldn't of asked for a more pleasant experience. Tevera, was our server and she was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchLacrosseguyDined on 8/9/2014Great beer selection on draft and bottle. Food was surprisingly good, and well presented. Gotta get the onion rings!. Not a high brow place but a very solid sports bar. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place!Brooklyngirl07Dined on 8/6/2014I took my daughter and my nephew here for dinner after we had seen a matinee. We had a reservation, but had no trouble being seated early. The waitress was friendly and helpful when making entrée decisions (the crabcakes were very good!) and the desserts were delicious, especially the double fudge brownie. This restaurant has an extensive beer selection and the music was good and not so loud that you couldn't carry on a conversation. A very nice place to hang out after work or to get a good meal at a decent price. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soUnderwhelmedDined on 8/2/2014The hostess didn't greet us in a friendly manner. The restaurant floor had clearly not been cleaned from the night before, nor had the seats that she sat us in. I asked her to move tables based on the lack of cleanliness and she didn't apologize for the state of the table, or tell someone to remedy the situation for the next customer. The nachos we ordered were cold and stale. The egg-white omelet was fine, but over-priced. The server was very polite, friendly, efficient, and worked hard. For such a great space with so much potential given the smart concept it has going, I was disappointed.Special Features:
- thanks Open Table!!LizEatsALotDined on 7/29/2014I only found this awesome little place because of Open Table! (so thanks). First of all - the places is really cool. Huge bar - lots of cool artwork and stuff to look at. The crowd was good, not too loud but still energetic. The staff was really nice - our server Stephanie was a sweetie and provided awesome service. We ordered A LOT of fried food....but it was all good. Pickles, onion rings, the chili dogs were the bomb!!! Mushroom pizza on wheat crust.... my favorite was the Mac and Cheese, but it's got a kick - beware. Awesome drink menu, lots of local crafts/drafts and several offerings of Cider. Really awesome find!Special Features:
- Good Spot for a SundayNeilSDined on 7/27/2014For a Sunday this place at 6:30 was not that crowded which was nice. I ordered the steak sandwich was was good and my girlfriend had the turkey burger with a salad. The beer selection was nice. The service was good and for NYC the bill was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go after workmmk429Dined on 7/25/2014I went here with my friends for an after work dinner and drinks, and we had a great time! Call in advance to activate the taps at your table if you come with a group. The service is great. I made the mistake of ordering a salad which was just okay, but everyone else loved their bar food. Definitely come here and check it out! It wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be on a Friday night (which was good for us) but the bar had a bunch of people and there are a lot of beers discounted for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fast!!!PilypilyDined on 7/25/2014First time in New York Beer Co and i will definitely come back, great food, fast service and a large variety of beers.... Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Twist on BrunchWantmoreDined on 7/20/2014I made a reservation here for brunch for my friends and I when I was visiting NYC. The service was a little slow for the restaurant not being crowded, but the food was wonderful! I ordered the steak and egg hoagie, and I loved it. They also have $10 bottomless mimosas and bloody marys on Saturdays and Sundays, which I think is a great deal for the city. All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgerMarkESackettDined on 7/9/2014Seriously tasted like an outdoor grill burger! And the front desk staff and wait staff were very friendly! I came in to watch a FIFA World Cup MatchSpecial Features:
- Buffalo chicken let downBoston123Dined on 7/8/2014The buffalo chicken pizza came highly recommend from our lovely server so ewe went with her recommendation. The pizza was just not good...the chicken looked/felt highly processes and was "cubed" which made it feel even more artificial. You could tell the "chicken" had been frozen and thawed. It was a major let down since the pizza was over 25$. The service was excellent but pizza was 2/10 at best.
- TemperatureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Overall a good place, only problem was the air was blasting and was told could not be turned down as they had the front windows open.Special Features:
- Just awesomeHannahDined on 7/3/2014I wanted to make reservations at a nice restaurant to end my day in manhattan, so my friends and I decided on this place based on the reviews. I was on a mission trip and we had a day in manhattan to do whatever we wanted, and we wanted a good place with good food and a variety of it, since there were 10 of us. It went above expectations. It is loud, but they play really good music, so you can sing along without being embarrassed! My friends and I are all underage, so we obviously didn't have any beer and we didn't sit at the bar, but it was completely appropriate for us, even though there was a bar. I would say it was kid friendly. Our service was outstanding and the food (especially the fries) was outstanding. I would highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer...only.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Great selection of beer, but the food is not good. Skip it. Or just share an appetizer that seems somewhat pedestrian.Special Features:
- Great Spot Before or After A ShowanniemacDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed a delicious lunch here before seeing a show a block away. Service was fabulous and the food generally good. The mac and cheese was delicious - pizza not so good for NYC. Beer was cold and good. Salads very good. Not very crowded at lunchtime.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We are not beer drinkers but I would imagine NY Beer Co is great if you drink beer. We eat here when we are in NY because we are almost guaranteed to have a good burger and they have never disappointed us. We also enjoy that you have the option to have your burger with fries or a side salad. The salad is always fresh, crisp and lightly dressed. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodAychArrGuyDined on 6/22/2014We choose NYBC because of its proximity to the theatre (where we had tickets for a 3PM show) and because they could accommodate a party of 8 people. From the moment we stepped in the door, our experience was extremely positive. The hostess was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Servers came to our table immediately and answered all of our questions. Although NYBC has the potential to be loud given the bar crowd and multitude of TV's, it was relatively quiet on this particular day. The food was excellent and came quickly. There was one problem with cold french fries, but they were quickly replaced. We would definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Close to TheatersJudyDined on 6/18/2014We chose The New York Beer Company because it was close to our theater. We do not like a lot of noise, so we sat in the front of the restaurant which was much less frenetic than the main section. The food and service was friendly and good. However, I ordered a salad without cheese and had to send it back because there was cheese in it. A replacement salad came quickly. No complaints, but I would only go there again if it was close to another show we were seeing.
- Great sports barJohnny3Dined on 6/17/2014Great spot to watch a game, grab a sandwich and have a beer off an impressive micro-brew list. Servers are friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable about the beers on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and Friendly Pre Show spotHilNYCDined on 6/8/2014We had about 30 minutes to eat a quick meal and the staff was excellent getting us in and out on time. We sat at the bar and the bartender (I can't remember her name) was really friendly, offered suggestions that would be quick and yummy and even gave us a sample of some cool brews. Thanks for great service and a quick meal. Next time, we'll stay longer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findGinoDined on 6/8/2014Excellent beer and burger spot! Extra friendly service with a smile. We went there for lunch and good food and good service, what else do you need? A pleasant experience overall!Special Features:
- Carb Sunday!ahoughjr3Dined on 5/25/2014Despite the fact that the coffee was a bit lackluster, everything else about brunch at NYBC was great. The French toast turkey burger was quite an interesting mix of flavors, and I loved it. I certainly wouldn't have thought to make that myself. And topping that off with the Nutella pizza was great. All for reasonable prices, too. You'll be seeing me again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the beer not the foodAttentionPleaseDined on 5/21/2014The beer selection great...taste of the food not so great.Special Features:
- Beer and burgerscoreyman97Dined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed our lunch - the turkey burgers and brews were all good
- SatisfiedMeme51Dined on 5/7/2014A nice choice for a good burger It is very noisy but that didn't bother us at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014A great place to catch a sporting event. Lots of TV screens. Great Beer selection. Lots of menu choices. Something for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Large Party Brunch ExperiencekmozartDined on 5/3/2014Incredible experience. Party of 12 for a table at noon. People in my party were running late, and i was expecting the usual "we can't seat you until everyone is here." However to my pleasant surprise our table was already set up and we were able to sit down and order our mimosas right away! People began to trickle in, all taking seats and ordering drinks as we waited for everyone to show. NYBC was able to accommodate what eventually turned into a party of 15, and did so happily and with ease, which is so unlike anywhere else! Food was delicious. (French toast turkey burger in particular). Our glasses were never empty. The waitress and hostess were excellent! Big open space, great ambience. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- It was perfect for our dozen!DashingDozenDined on 5/3/2014The reservation, the staff, the food and the price were all perfect for our group of 12 before a Saturday matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 208 reviews are from the The New York Beer Company reviews archive.
- Great customer serviceAlanKDined on 4/27/2014Food was tasty and the customer service was great and timely.
- Fun Friday Vibejwhit5Dined on 4/18/2014New York Beer Company was a last-minute choice choice before a Friday show. Although the overall concept is familiar, the beer selection is excellent and I enjoyed the "tote board" price concept. Goat cheese/mushroom pizza was flavorful, not too greasy with excellent crispy crust. As a single diner, I really appreciated the great service at a very busy time of day.Special Features:
- Good place for burger and beerSUZEDined on 4/18/2014came in for a late lunch/early dinner. good selection of NY state breweries like Ommegang, Brooklyn. good location too just outside the time square crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice and quick dinerTomtomDined on 4/15/2014Service was absolutely fantastic friendly and helpful. We felt very much welcome although we came with 3 children, incl a 3 y.o. Food came quickly and was very tasteful. Portions are very generous. Only negative point was the tv showing severe injuries of war, a documentary zooming on plain flesh wounds. Not adequate for a dinner, especially with young kids. But the barman changed the program as we asked him. The restaurant ran out of the desert we wanted and actually offered the replacement for free, which was delicious. Prices are not quite cheap, but standard for the area. Will come back again, definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place For Brunch or LunchDocCDined on 4/12/2014Great location for the theater district in New York City. Service was very good and the food was good. The mimosa did not have enough champagne and it had too much orange juice which diluted it. For a quick meal before or after a Broadway show this is the place to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotGaryDined on 4/11/2014Food and servce was great. Got there late before a show and our server got us drinks and good food and out in one hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014Great casual bar scene if you're in the area. The beer prices are based on the stock market which is fun! A great spot for after work drinks.Special Features:
- Great Sports BarBeerGal13Dined on 4/5/2014If you are looking for a nice, clean and energetic spot to throw back some brews and watch a game, you have to visit the New York Beer Company. There service is great and food is just as good. It's a great place to head to after work with a large group, or just to hangout on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers. Good beer.CharlesDined on 4/4/2014What more can you ask for than great burgers and a large beer selection. Stopped in for lunch. Enjoyed the food and the place enough that I recommended it to colleagues while in town. The Maxed Out Burger was awesome! Will definitely stop in again next time I'm in the cityI would recommend this to a friend.