The New York Beer Company
321 W. 44th St.
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The New York Beer Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nybeercompany.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-2337
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 8am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Available Daily until 2am
*Breakfast & Brunch is available starting at 11am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Paul Simon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The New York Beer Company can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2337
- Cross Street: 44th Street (between 8th Ave & 9th Ave)
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1,2,3,A,C,E, N,Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from The New York Beer Company
The New York Beer Company is an exciting new Bar & Grill located at the historic New York Observer Building, in mid-town Manhattan. Close to Times Square, the theater district and the vibrant Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood. With occupancy for nearly 300 there is comfort for groups and parties of all sizes as well as regular bar patrons, theater goers & folks that live & work in the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The New York Beer Company reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (51)great for lunch (42)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (20)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Old ladyjustfood1VIPDined on 11/24/2014Have to admit this place was great for a light pre theater bite.The food typical bar menu and Despite the noise we managed to have a very nice meal Would go again and try their brunch Wish I could mix with the youngSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, Louder & LOUDESTthumpVIPDined on 11/23/2014The noise in this place is ridiculous! I really don't know why a sports bar needs to blast DJ music during the commercials while watching football!!!!!!!
- Saturday brunchCityLover12Dined on 11/22/2014The manager John was the best! It was a friend's birthday and he took care of us! Our waitress was super nice and helpful! The food was great! The place was great! Would like to go back for late night specials or they have tables you can rent that have their own taps and you can choose your beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beer SelectionSJR1VIPDined on 11/19/2014You go here since there are tons of great beers to choose from (just as many TVs, too) and the crowd is not obnoxious. The food is hit or miss. The Maxed Out Burger is great but their prices make me scratch my head. The burger at $15 seems fair based on what you are getting but the loaded nachos seem overpriced at $12 and they are merely OK. Desserts aren't a strong point here either but I suppose I shouldn't expect a lot. The Brownie is simply a brownie that I could probably pick up for 10% of the price in the Duane Reade freezer. I'll continue to go back since the service tends to be good and they have great beer specials daily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just beerspicyVIPDined on 11/19/2014book this restaurant due to the proximity to work. Though I wasn't a fan of the high seating (chairs left our feet dangling. The food and staff made up for it. I am more than willing to venture back to have the ribs which my friend order and shared w/me. They were delicious. I ordered the crab cake and was not disappointed. didn't like the aioli that came w/it but they changed it to something more to my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre BruchKrushaDined on 11/16/2014Great, casual place for a delicious brunch Sunday pre-theatre. Unlimited mimosas were delish (not too strong but that's ok) - our server kept them coming! Eggs Benedict and Steak and Eggs Hoagie were fab!Special Features:
- Great TimePerezDined on 11/9/2014This was my second time for brunch and the staff was amazing. The staff checked on the table regualrly and the bottomless Mimosas were on point. This time was a family even with my fiance and our parents their. The Brunch menu is nice as the bottomless Mimosas and Bloody Mary's are an add on for $10 in case people in the party do not drink. I would recommned thier fried oreos and their Maxed out Burger. Also, Chelesa and Katie served me on different occasions. Both staff members are knowledgable of the different beer types for everyones taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Bar Food and Great Flight selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Love the nachos and burgers. The flights available come from their various taps. For Times Square, it is a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katie is greatSJR1VIPDined on 11/2/2014OK, maybe I'm a little biased as she is a fellow Florida State alum but she really is an excellent waitress. Out of this world selection of beer and tons of TVs to catch every game. Nice menu selection and great to see the old simple standby of Nachos offered. Don't know why no one offers them anymore. Burgers are great and while I can't remember the name of the one I got, it had pretty much everything on it and was delicious. Great place and I'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good LocationDocCVIPDined on 11/1/2014Service started off poorly but improved as time went on during our time there. The server even apologized for the delay in bringing out our drinks and afterwards continued to stop by to see how we were doing and providing us with refills. The location is ideal if you are going to a Broadway show or just want to be by Time Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomerenatoojDined on 11/1/2014Great place, excelent food, amazing beers... Good place to hang out and chat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch on a rainy dayilovenyDined on 11/1/2014Had lunch there on 11/1. Arrived early for our lunch reservation on a rainy, cold day and were nicely welcomed. Waitress was very friendly and accommodating. Service was attentive but not rushed. Waitress asked if we were seeing a show so she would know when we had to leave. Fritatta and hamburger were very good. Nice Irish coffee. Noise level was not an issue at lunchtime. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Pre TheaterCountessVIPDined on 10/29/2014Service was great. The Steak/Fritte was Fabulous. The Ceasar was only romaine with dressing and a few croutons. Don't bother. We also shared the Quesidilla and guacamole. Very Good. We would go back again. Next time we'd ask for the Fritte on the side as it gets to soggy in the juice of steak.Special Features:
- Nothing Special but great serviceFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 10/25/2014Decided to have a non-foodie evening with typical bar grub in hopes to be able to eat in less than an hour. NYBC pulled through! I wasn't really in the mood for fiddleheads and long drawn out tasting menus, I wanted easy and good. The Cheese Stick were great and cheezy all the way through which is rare as usually the cheese is burned out. The chicken wings were spicy and meaty but average. The mushroom and goat cheeze pizza was very good with really well browned goat cheese, not a melted runny mess. Beer selections were excellent and varied. My only complaint is the halloween decorations which were in the way.
- Top Notch For Casual Dining .BardlvrVIPDined on 10/23/2014Service, wonderful. Food, yummy. Portions, BIG. WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lively atmosphere!LisaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Needed a place to accomodate a large group before a Broadway show. They worked to bring out our order quickly and the food was great! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made me want to come back again.AelixDined on 10/14/2014We went to NY Beer Co to get a quick dinner before theater. My meal came out incorrect which occasionally happens no big deal. However the manager came over immediately and apologized. We were pleasantly surprised when he said that the drinks and dessert were on the house.My meal came out shortly after and was correct.They really care about their customer's.We would definitely go back if we are dinning in the theater district.PS The food and desserts were very good.Special Features:
- way too loudidontapproveofnicknamesDined on 10/11/2014We couldnt even talk to one another across our table because the music was far too loud. There was a dj. He was awful. The food was ok. Not bad but nothing to write home about. Waitress forgot about us a couple times but it was busy. Seriously though the noise was unreal. It was like being at a concert.
- Great food & BeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Mozz Sticks with Rasberry balsamic were great. Followed it up with a Maxed out Burger which was Fantastic!Special Features:
- BillDined on 10/7/2014My wife had the fish and chips and I had the Belgium Chicken. They were both very good. I also had the 2 for 1 Brooklyn Beer. The General Manager delivered the second beer and surprised us with a free desert. We enjoyed the experience and will probably go back.Special Features:
- Lively RestaurantMichaelsCorner1Dined on 9/24/2014Delicious food, convenient location and friendly staff make this restaurant a fun place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and predictablePatrickVIPDined on 9/24/2014It's hard to say anything bad about a $10 lunch that includes a really nice draft beer, a good hamburger, and some decent fries. This is such a good deal.
- familyVIPDined on 9/21/2014if you are looking for tranquility, this is not the place to come. However, if you want to watch the game and deafening noise excites you then look no further. Menu has lots of choices and the food is what you would expect, okay.Special Features:
- Service was amazingMSM13VIPDined on 9/19/2014This was a very typical bar with a huge beer selection. It was good for a group and being rowdy after work But I have to say this place will stand out to me more than others because of the amazing service! Our server Rachel was fantastic. She was sweet and gave great suggestions of beers. She was so fun to have around we wanted her to pull up a chair and spend the evening with us! I would absolutely go back again if I made sure she was our waitress.Special Features:
- Dinner after showCarolmicVIPDined on 9/14/2014Went there after a show this past Sunday. We started with nachos and they were good but nothing special. Friends had hamburger thought it was one of best he ever had. I had crab sandwich. Wish it came with brioche as promised they did let me substitute sweet potato fries for regular fries and they were very good. Drinks were as expected. Would go back if in neighborhood and looking for a good sports bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceAyoJaneDined on 9/3/2014The restaurant is very comfortable. It's great for meeting up with friends & if you actually like beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly GoodWhitmanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Did not know what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. This is a sports bar but the food was much above average for the place. Will return.Special Features:
- Another BirthdayMommaCupcake714Dined on 8/29/2014I came here for brunch last year but I wanted to take my husband here for his birthday before we went to see a Broadway play. The food was decent for the dinner crowd. The Beer Battered Onion Rings were lightly fried and I have to say really great.Special Features:
- Craft beer heavenDiningsnobDined on 8/27/2014Good selection of craft beers offering flights of your chosing (as well as domestics)...Friendly, helpful staff. Bar food with a twist. Good meeting place; can accommodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodBubbaVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went for lunch on a Sunday early. Wasn't very crowded. The place is very plesant to look at. Inviting, open and would seem perfect for a bunch of guys hanging out, drinking beer and watching sports. Food was good with large portions. The turkey club was a delicious meal. The Hoagie sandwich was not quite as good with more veggies than meat. Service attentive. Nice place if you are in the times Square west areaI would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to theaterreendDined on 8/20/2014Great beer list. Yummy food for lunch and close to the theater. Predictable price won't break the bank.Special Features:
- Yummydonna68Dined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed our dinner here (I had a steak and my daughter had the Cobb salad) especially the deep friend oreos for desert.
- OUTSTANDINGchich67VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were on our way to see a show, couldn't of asked for a more pleasant experience. Tevera, was our server and she was OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday lunchLacrosseguyDined on 8/9/2014Great beer selection on draft and bottle. Food was surprisingly good, and well presented. Gotta get the onion rings!. Not a high brow place but a very solid sports bar. Our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soUnderwhelmedDined on 8/2/2014The hostess didn't greet us in a friendly manner. The restaurant floor had clearly not been cleaned from the night before, nor had the seats that she sat us in. I asked her to move tables based on the lack of cleanliness and she didn't apologize for the state of the table, or tell someone to remedy the situation for the next customer. The nachos we ordered were cold and stale. The egg-white omelet was fine, but over-priced. The server was very polite, friendly, efficient, and worked hard. For such a great space with so much potential given the smart concept it has going, I was disappointed.Special Features:
- thanks Open Table!!LizEatsALotVIPDined on 7/29/2014I only found this awesome little place because of Open Table! (so thanks). First of all - the places is really cool. Huge bar - lots of cool artwork and stuff to look at. The crowd was good, not too loud but still energetic. The staff was really nice - our server Stephanie was a sweetie and provided awesome service. We ordered A LOT of fried food....but it was all good. Pickles, onion rings, the chili dogs were the bomb!!! Mushroom pizza on wheat crust.... my favorite was the Mac and Cheese, but it's got a kick - beware. Awesome drink menu, lots of local crafts/drafts and several offerings of Cider. Really awesome find!Special Features:
- The following 232 reviews are from the The New York Beer Company reviews archive.
- Good Spot for a SundayNeilSDined on 7/27/2014For a Sunday this place at 6:30 was not that crowded which was nice. I ordered the steak sandwich was was good and my girlfriend had the turkey burger with a salad. The beer selection was nice. The service was good and for NYC the bill was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to go after workmmk429Dined on 7/25/2014I went here with my friends for an after work dinner and drinks, and we had a great time! Call in advance to activate the taps at your table if you come with a group. The service is great. I made the mistake of ordering a salad which was just okay, but everyone else loved their bar food. Definitely come here and check it out! It wasn't as crowded as I expected it to be on a Friday night (which was good for us) but the bar had a bunch of people and there are a lot of beers discounted for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and fast!!!PilypilyDined on 7/25/2014First time in New York Beer Co and i will definitely come back, great food, fast service and a large variety of beers.... Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Twist on BrunchWantmoreDined on 7/20/2014I made a reservation here for brunch for my friends and I when I was visiting NYC. The service was a little slow for the restaurant not being crowded, but the food was wonderful! I ordered the steak and egg hoagie, and I loved it. They also have $10 bottomless mimosas and bloody marys on Saturdays and Sundays, which I think is a great deal for the city. All in all, it was a great experience. I would definitely go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.