The New American Bistro
217 Morton Ave
Folsom, PA 19033Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The New American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thenewamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 4844978111x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday 11:30am -2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:009m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: German, American, French
- Executive Chef: Robert Rottensteiner Sr. (42years)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Entertainment, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: All philadelphia Eagles games played live as well as NCAA football, philadelphia Flyers, and philadelphia Phillies.
- Special Events: We can accommodate any and all events.
A word from The New American Bistro
We are a family owned BYOB restaurant that 's here to satisfy your taste bud needs! We specialize in our variety of appetizer and entree dishes. All our food is home made from the bread to the pastry's and can be ordered to dine in or to take out. "There is one exhaustible aspect of everyday life that never dulls, namely the simple pleasure of eating and drinking."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The New American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Needs better serviceBaclrk44Dined on 2/14/2014We were asked by our waiter if we were ready to order, he said "ok" and never came back. After 15 minutes we had to flag him down and asked if he could take our order. He didn't even apologize, restaurant wasn't crowded enough for him to be unattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local FindSusanVIPDined on 2/11/2014Very creative menu with reasonable prices. I had the salmon salad which was prepared beautifully and quite delicious. A very nice touch was the side of mango salsa served for the salmon. Robbie is a gem. He greeted me by name when I entered and took VERY good care of me through the dinner. He is a gem!Special Features:
- Family owned and runreendDined on 2/9/2014Food is good. There is a board full of specials that are great. BYOB. Hate the tv.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKennyDined on 1/19/2014American Bistro has a very nice salad and delicious food. We did not have dessert. The staff was very attentive since there were few people there on a Sunday night. Recommend it!!!Special Features:
- The food is excellent. TVBobbieVIPDined on 1/4/2014The food is excellent. TV is a bit distracting and the family that owns the restaurant were all watching it, including our waiter, but it was an Eagles playoff game and we all know how devoted Phila Eagles fans are! We like that it's a BYOB, in our neighborhood, and we were served large portions of excellent food. Our coats were FREEZING - the coat rack at the entrance is not heated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very nervous being inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/4/2014I was very nervous being in charge of choosing the restaurant for my brother's 80th Birthday! Some of my relatives are a little picky about where they dine. Everyone (there were 8 ) raved about the food and simply loved the restaurant, I was thrilled!!! Everyone talked about going there again. Thank you American Bistro!!Special Features:
- Awesome food in low-key environmentMathMan821VIPDined on 12/17/2013The food is amazing and many options come from the chalkboard menu based on fresh ingredients and inspiration. We went on a quiet Tuesday and were the only patrons in the restaurant for a short period which is a shame, because more people need to know of this local gem. My dad's salmon and scallops were cooked perfectly and deliciously. My husband's veal parmesan was a perfect rendition of a dish he hadn't had in forever with a bright and fresh tomato sauce. I had the pork oso bucco with gnocchi and was treated to deep flavorful sauce covering fall off the bone pork soaking into delicious pillows of potato. Outstanding meal all around. Special kudos to our server, the chef/owner's son, who hand made Russian dressing for my dad's salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This BYOB is a great localSLS45Dined on 11/26/2013This BYOB is a great local spot. The food was very good and presentation was appealing. The big drawback for my group was that they had a big TV on which they did turn to music when asked. Who wants to go to a "nice restaurant' for food, conversation and away from home atmosphere and have a TV blasting! Not me. Also, they need to turn the lights down, get some candles and up the atmosphere. It's cold and unappealing. Sort of chintzy looking. Don't get me wrong, I will go back as food and service were great, but hope they address above issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FIFE4EVERDined on 11/5/2013While visiting Philly found this Great little restaurant. The Austrian chef's menu and food were exceptional. The Veal was spot on as was the entire dish. Not far from the airport or Boeing plant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch Cuisine from Master Chef!BillyRayValentineVIPDined on 9/27/2013Always a great selection of specials, masterfully delivered by a chef whose expertise is matched only by his creativity. Great flavor combinations, and a deft culinary touch on inventive dishes and standby's. Recent meal was great for crab risotto with sofrito and delicious filet mignon. Also first-rate Austrian/German cuisine. A wonderful BYO experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BYOBSimpleDinerDined on 9/25/2013It was a bit hard to find, because it was at the end of strip mall. The search was well worth it. It is small and cozy and the food was phenomenal. From the warm rolls, to the delicious house dressing, to the wonderful entrees. I do not usually write reviews, but this restaurant was well worth writing about. I will definitely go back and I will bring some friends!Special Features:
- An excellent choice! !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2013Excellent byob. You will feel like you are eating at a friend's home. Perfect for lunch or dinner. Specials are written in a large chalk board and change frequently. You would never expect to find food of this caliber in this location. Reminiscent of the original American Bistro in Morton where you had to cross 420 and climb a flight of stairs to get to the restaurant. With food this good location isn't so crucial. My husband and I have never had a bad meal at the New American Bistro. Robert has always been a master at soups and sauces and interesting pairings and he still is. The seafood dishes are our favorites. Whether it's be tuna, grouper, mahi mahi, salmon or tilapia the fish is always fresh and the shellfish cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FindGermanyDined on 9/5/2013We will be back. I recommended it to my neighbors. I took my sister and she very much approved, and if you knew my sister you would know it means a lot. Thank you for doing such a great job.Special Features:
- Great Steak, Poor Sides, and...JenafayeDined on 8/10/2013... they padded their tip and extra $5 on the charge card.