75-188 Hwy 111
Indian Wells, CA 92210Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.gotothenest.com/
- Phone: 7603462314
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours : Nightly 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: JC Valadez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We can do offsite catering. Please call Dodi Henry at (760)346-2314 to discuss details.
- Entertainment: Celebrities, local entertainers, sports stars, and just plain wonderful people fill our lounge nightly. There's a warm glow that you won't find anywhere else in the Palm Springs area valley - It's been that way since 1966. Tim Burleson has appeared nightly at the nest since 1993. His open-ended run at The Nest has been marked by critical acclaim, standing-room-only crowds, star-studded audiences and guest artists. Dancing too! Tim Burleson and/or Kevin Henry will entertain you 7 nights a week!
A word from The Nest
The Nest is Indian Wells' most famous restaurant and lounge. We've been serving fine guests, celebrities, golf and tennis legends since 1965. The reasons for our exceptional longevity and acceptance are delicious food, wonderful, warm atmosphere, great entertainment, and generous refreshments, along with the service you would like to receive all the time .... If you could just find it!Continued
We have it all. . . . . . At The Nest. Come on in, join us, and become part of our excitement and friendship!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Nest - Best Restaurants in Indian Wells ›
The Nest reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (48)neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (30)late-night find (28)hot spot (26)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to Palm Dessert many times, staying at the JW Marriott over the years and just heard about The Nest so we had to check it out.. fun a fun night.. we have 16 of us and it was a blast! great food and the bar side for the late evening was a lot of fun!!Special Features:
- The NestInk1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Unexpected. Diverse crowd. Very busy and loud on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Food & service excellent. Do you wanna dance? This IS the place 7 nights a week. Live music.. Gifted musicians.. Great vibes and so much FUN!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timePCHSUMMERDined on 8/15/2014Very good food and service and always high energy in the bar. One of the very few places with music and dancing for folks 40 and older. You'll have a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local Place-MusicwonderfuloxnardVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have visited the Nest many times over the past 35 years, however, the new ownership has vastly improved the food. The special Parmesan Crusted Cod was delicious, and my husband's cabbage rolls a departure from the tomato sauce loaded version of the past. Our waiter snagged us a table in the packed bar where piano music had brought in the locals, and we noted that both the older and younger crowd were enjoying the music and dancing. Still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheilaDined on 7/17/2014Very much enjoyed our dinner! Service was attentive and the food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KreativeKeliDined on 7/12/2014We were staying at a resort in Indian Wells and looking for a restaurant for my birthday celebration dinner. Found this place by searching Yelp where it got very high ratings. The food was AMAZING! I got the parmesan crusted filet of sole and my husband got the shrimp scampi. We were both 100% satisfied. The wedge salad was delicious too with blue cheese crumbles, bacon and tomato. The waiters were super friendly and helpful. The live music from the bar was not too loud and added to the ambience in the room. For 2 people with dinner and 3 drinks, the total was about $100. There are slightly less expensive options, but it was fine for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great Dinning Experience!FrenchmanDined on 7/12/2014I was in Palm Desert for the week-end with family and had to find a place to celebrate my dad's 70th Bday. Look up on online for reviews and found "The Nest". Not only the food was delicious, but the service and atmosphere was great. Once you are done with dinner you can enjoy some 70s & 80s music and dance in the bar area. All the ingredients are there for a good and fun evening. The owners are there to greet you and add the personal touch. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than we rememberNaranjaVIPDined on 7/8/2014Okay! the food was great, even with a shortened selection for summer. We quit coming here years ago, but decided to give it a shot with the new owners. We were pleasantly surprised and will go back.Special Features:
- Food was Awesome!!Love2EatDined on 7/8/2014I really enjoyed the Veal Milanese as it was melt in your mouth tender. My wife had the Capellini pasta with Mushrooms and enjoyed that as well. We opted to upgrade for the Kale Salad and were very impressed! Both of us love dessert and we really thought the banana cream pie was delicious. Our server was very attentive and we enjoyed our evening out! We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best bar scene hands downReviewloverDined on 6/28/2014The food was very good but not an intimate setting. But the main reason to come here is the bar. If you get there early you can nab a table in the bar and eat in there which is the only way to guarantee a spot. The locals own this place so it's very busy after 9. Get there early! The music is amazing. The night we went a singer from the temptations showed up and sang. Come in comfortable shoes because you will be dancing the night away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad!!!KnowgoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014I have eaten here many times in the past; some time ago. We had the early bird "Prime" Rib Eye Steak that came with a couple of tablespoons of mashed potatoes, a couple of tablespoons of vegetables, a wedge salad (which was good) and a so called carrot cake. The 1/4 inch thick steak was about 1/3 fat and was one of the worst "steaks" I have ever had. We could have gone to Sizzler and had a better meal for a lot less than the just under $20 plus tax we were charged. I will NEVER go there again nor recommend it to anyone; just the opposite.
- Only place like it on earth!luvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/27/2014The Nest is a must see in the desert. Go for the dinner and be sure to start with the ever famous escargot. The night we dined Dodi had per prix fixe menu where for a mere $25 you get choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. That night we had the Clam Bisque which was creamy and had the consistency of vichyssoise with hints of buttery clams. For the entree start with the extra large double pork chop which was moist on the inside with a carmelly crust complemented by veggies and a starch. The desserts need a little help, and by this time we were full so we took our desserts home. Be sure to stay for the incredible entertainment, if you like people watching this is the place. The crowd changes the later it gets so be sure to stay late!Special Features:
- 30 years new again24summerheatDined on 6/26/2014It's been many years since we tried this restaurant, primarily because it was showing it's age in many respects. However, after reading of it's new owners efforts to bring things back to life we gave it a try. Wonderful job! Ambiance was great, food even better. After a few Happy Hour drinks in the bar, we enjoyed a 30% off early bird meal that was just perfect. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summer bargain in the desertdesertfoodieDined on 6/26/2014We frequent The Nest year round in the Palm Desert as it is one of our favorites. Good News is that if your reservation is prior to 6:00pm in the summer, your entire meal is 30% off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The NestbettyboopDined on 6/21/2014Food, service and ambience were all really good, it was just too noisy, couldn't even have a conversation with the other couple we were withSpecial Features:
- Fabulous as usualFunandgreatfoodDined on 6/13/2014A great place for wonderful food and great fun in the bar /dance floor! Everyone there is happy! The owners see to it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Goodpmarti50Dined on 6/8/2014The Next is always a favorite for dining and entertainment. Favorite of the localsSpecial Features:
- DannigirlDined on 6/7/2014The Nest is always a fun, happening place with great music and the food is great as well! Dodi is always very personable and really tries to make every effort to take care of her customers.Special Features:
- Fun NiteSnS2centsDined on 6/6/2014Perfect for all ages. Ate dinner for Restaurant Week and enjoyed the meal very much. Stopped over at the bar side and listened to the piana/singer and watched the crowd for a little while. It was nice, and fu. We wished we could have stayed longer as it looked like a fun spot for drinking and dancing after dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldest Swingers in Town?ClubberKDined on 5/30/2014We had been told that the Nest was a lively bar/restaurant so decided to try it on our last night in Palm Springs using the REastaurant week deal. Meal eas mixed, my mushroom starter was that - 1 mushroom, while my pork chop was large and lovely. We were asked to move before we ate to allow a bigger party to sit, not a problem as we were at the edge looking out at the main room. Desert was tasty. Afterwards we went to lively bar scene were we spent a good hour or so laughing at the lounge lizards and plastic surgery queens all proving to each other that they were 'young n hip'. The live music was good but too many drunk people posing to really enjoy. Go if you like people watching or a re superfical like most of the crowd.Special Features:
- DAVEDined on 5/27/2014FOOD AND SERVICE ARE ALWAYS GREAT. WHENEVER WE ARE IN THE DESERT THE NEST IS ONE OF THE SPOTYS WE LOOK FORWARD TO.Special Features:
- Love the dancing!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014I was excited to have dinner with my boyfriend, because I love the bar scene at the Nest. We were visiting friends in Palm Springs. The place was busy and the service was OK. My wedge salad had way toooo much dressing, which I returned and my steak was so rare I also had to return. The owner was very nice and took off my bill. For the price of the food, I do not think I would return to the dining room. I will go back for the dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter residentLocalGDined on 5/20/2014We enjoy The Nest for its good food, good service lively bar and dance floor. The wine list if above average and fairly priced. The restaurant is somewhat funky and dated but that's part of The Nest. It's always a fun experience and great for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheNestDined on 5/17/2014Great service and food selection. The owner and several other people came by to see how everything was.Special Features:
- The NestdesertratDined on 5/11/2014We enjoyed a Mother's day dinner there. Food and service were impeccable. The ambiance of the dining room is comfortable with the table layout that gives you plenty of privacy. Yet, just steps away is the lounge area. They always have live bands and a very lively scene. Great way to top off the night even if you didn't dine there.Special Features:
- The best restaurant around!ShantelVIPDined on 5/9/2014Special thanks to the beautiful owner, Dodi. She always goes out of her way to make sure everyone is happy and taken care of. A special thanks to Rosalee, who is absolutely exceptional! We call her the "Day Maker," because she makes everyone's day! We've been coming to The Nest for years to enjoy the music and atmosphere and recently started dining in their dining room. Their food is the best around! Not only will you receive the best service, but you'll also receive an evening of great music and entertainment and the best food around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 332 reviews are from the The Nest reviews archive.
- Too Much Fun!JustAGuyDined on 5/3/2014Who would believe a bar jam packed with dancers at 8:30? and 11:30? The food was good and having a table was perfect for the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Hotspot Gemdesertgirl952Dined on 5/2/2014The Nest has done a complete 150 degree turnaround, from the delicious food to the entertainment and dancing in the lounge. Our dynamo waitress Heidi really made our evening great...she is a gem. Loved the whole experience and we just live down the street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energetic and FunNonicorVIPDined on 4/26/2014We always have a great time here - up to and including dancing after dinner - where else can we do this?Special Features:
- Excellent food and funZaddDined on 4/23/2014Each time we visit the Palm Springs area, we dine and dance at The Nest. The food is great, the service is friendly/outstanding, and the music and fun at the bar is exceptional. We can't imagine not visiting The Next on any trip we make to the area. We love it.Special Features:
- Enjoyable EveningJohnsTakeDined on 4/14/2014We found the Nest comfortable, friendly and the food was priced right and very good. The bar looks like fun and the music and singer terrific.Special Features:
- 2nd chance disappoints againNonresDined on 4/5/2014We were at the nest diring a christmas visit 2013/14 and were very disappointed by our meal and service. We felt somewhat neglected for the local "crowd" and we also received pieces of the bowl inside of our artichoke diip appetizer. my husband and daughter both hurt their mouths when trying to eat this. At the tine we were not charged for the dip as compensation wow thats great. We returned to the nest recently to give it a second chance. We were given three different servers only one seemed remotely interested in our meal. The service was very slow over an hour to get our food and the food itself was very blah yet expensive. Did not feel good after we ate our meal there So thats it we are done with the nest!
- Who doesn't love The Nest??beachyDined on 4/4/2014This fun people watching, party place is always great but we were surprised how good the food was as well. The staff was very welcoming and put us away from the bar noise for dinner . We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old Gem in the Desert Deliverskbspr1Dined on 3/31/2014After trying to go have a drink at The Nest a few months ago, after dinner elsewhere, and seeing a line....that really piqued our interest. Decided to go back and have dinner there on our recent trip. This restaurant has been delighting Desert dwellers for decades, including my friend's parents who were frequent diners. After being revamped by former hostess Dodi -- it really feels like an updated, fine dining establishment. There are some oldies but goodies on the menu like a wedge salad (had to explain that one to my 16 year old) and escargot. I personally enjoyed the veal marsala and my friend had the veal canneloni. Both were excellent. Would definitely go back. If you want a somewhat quiet dinner, go on the early side before 7.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the NestAngelDined on 3/30/2014My mother & I loved the Nest. The service was excellent! The food was wonderful. The band played fun dance music. The crowd was lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining and dancingNonicorVIPDined on 3/29/2014We love going here. Vibrant, alive, delicious, fun. Very noisy but a scene not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the musicbcImhappyDined on 3/29/2014The music was great - the performers interact with the audience. The food was excellent! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotChowHoundVIPDined on 3/28/2014No doubt the bar is a hot spot and always packed, but the restaurant food is just so so. We've tried it a few times and always leave with the same impression. The service is always good though. And it's pricey for what you get. But I would definitely recommend going to the bar to go dancing.Special Features:
- Good service and foodDrDeeVIPDined on 3/22/2014Very noisy, with a 1960's supper club vibe. Sea Bass was good, other entree's also good