The Neighbors Place
104 Paulette Circle
Lynchburg, VA 24502Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Neighbors Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theneighborsplace.com/
- Phone: (434) 455-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Fulmer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private Dining room is the perfect place for receptions or intimate dining for next party. Special menus and pricing plans are available for both lunch and dinner. It is business ready with High speed internet access, digital projector and screen. There is no room charge ,however a minimum food and beverage limit is required as well as a contract and refundable deposit. The room comfortably sits up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4344554300
- Entertainment: Live Music on Wednesdays and Select dates. Holiday dining and Special events with unique menu offerings and specials.
- Special Events: We have private and semi-private areas available for reservation for your next special occasion. With years of experience in everything from business luncheons to rehearsal dinners, let our event specialist make your next party seamlessly stress free. Ask for Lauren for further details.
A word from The Neighbors Place
Created by Restaurateur Alex Richardson, The Neighbors Place has cemented its position as one of Lynchburg’s best restaurants with its incredible atmosphere, legendary service, and top quality food & drink. The Neighbors Place prides itself with a chef driven, diverse menu comprised of hand cut steaks, fresh fish, Maine lobster, pastas, decadent desserts and creative cocktails all served in an upscale yet still casual setting. This contemporary American restaurant is open Monday to Friday for Lunch and Dinner; Saturday Dinner only and for Brunch on Sunday Mornings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Neighbors Place reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Another great lunch at Neighbors Place. Great menu, with lots of options & great service. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- The following 156 reviews are from the The Neighbors Place reviews archive.
- lunchclark5451Dined on 7/30/2014The service was great. There were two problems though. First our appetizer came out and it had hair on the cucumber. Secondly asked for no bacon and cheese in a wrap and the wrap had bacon and cheese. Our server was wonderful and took care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJoeBDined on 7/25/2014Went to Neighbors place because my daughter was visiting and loves the food there. As always the food was great and the service even better. If you are looking for good food and great service you can not go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great serviceMarkinVADined on 7/11/2014Very pleased with food and service. Our table was right by the door to the patio so I was unhappy with the traffic and hot air that kept coming in. Other than that, everything was wonderful. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eatCharlesWDined on 6/21/2014This is a nice restaurant with good food. The staff was friendly and it has a scenic outdoor dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all aroundLilyDined on 6/10/2014I entertained business visitors at the restaurant. They thoroughly enjoyed the food and spirits and complimented on the ambience and the surperb service.Special Features:
- Great Date Night RestaurantmattbDined on 6/6/2014This place is lively enough to make up for it not being the typical romantic date atmosphere. I would describe it as more of a sports-bar atmosphere, but the food is good enough and the staff is good enough to make this an excellent spot for a fun date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoorDisappointedDined on 5/16/2014Usually a place we go to a lot but this experience was terrible mainly because of the server. I ordered a Pinot noir wine and she brought a Pinot Grigio. Then she argued with me that all Pinot were white!! I ordered a ceaser salad with chicken. It arrived and no chicken! Later she came with a piece if dried chicken on a plate. Very upsetting experience!Special Features:
- Good food, good atmosphereLyhdiningDined on 5/11/2014Will return, good food, good experience - cheese crab chips were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise.jshoesDined on 5/11/2014I had forgotten this resturant. I got a reservation here on Mother's day really because it was the only place I could find. They were only taking reservations thru open table. Good thing the wait time without a reservation was 1 1/2 hours. They had a buffet for Mother's day. The food was really great, and the waiter, Sumner, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014We were a party of 5 that had a reservation for 4pm after our son's graduation from Liberty. We were running late, I called, and it was not problem. Very thankful. Our son recommended the place and we had a great meal/time.Special Features:
- Noise level is loud for 6pm diningsunfun1234Dined on 4/25/2014Wait staff wonderful, food better than expected, we all enjoyed the food. It was too loud to speak easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Office Lunches!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014We love to take the whole office here for lunch! The food and service are always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice combinationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Having both buffet an menu items creates desirable flexibity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch was not memorable.sammijayneDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant is lovely with its soaring wood beam ceiling and wonderful patios. However, the brunch food was not worth $20 a head. There was no omelet station or meat carving station. All the meat was overdone from sitting in the serving dishes. The variety consisted more of lunch items than breakfast. No salad bar just a one pre-made salad. We had four in our party and I shelled out over $100 with tip--would have been better off ordering from the menu. Server was great and the staff moved our reservation with no problem. We were celebrating Easter at the restaurant and the buffet did not have anything special to commemorate the occasion. Great restaurant to order off the menu--stay away from the brunch.Special Features:
- Great place for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We travel to the Lynchburg area on a regular basis. Neighbors is always are pick for special occasions.Special Features:
- I'd go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014I liked the atmosphere, and our waiter was very friendly and gave very good service. The food was good, though not outstanding. I would go again as it was an enjoyable experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor's is as Perfect as EverDeepSurgeDined on 4/5/2014The place beautiful, the food esquisite, service wondeful, and atmosphere delicate yet energetic! Definitely a great place for your special occasions! (And for the occasions that are not!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/29/2014The food is very tasty and the service is quick without being pushy. We really enjoyed our meal. The server was very friendly and had many helpful suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.ColaoDined on 2/15/2014Decided to go here for lunch February 15th with our kids instead of shoemakers on February 14th. The menu had giant selection. They still had the valentines special. It was quiet, calm, and peaceful. We found something to eat for the whole family. Our waiter was the best we've had at any restaurant. I recommend the Tridents Trio and pork chops. When it gets warm, try eating on the deck. I highly recommend Neighbors Place and cannot wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time, won't be lastwafflinDined on 2/14/2014Loved the Neighbor's Place! Was trying to find a reservation for Valentine's Day and wanted to try something new so I booked a reservation here with OpenTable and had a great time. My steak was excellently cooked, very juicy and tender, and my date enjoyed her dish as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Often go to The Neighbors PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Sometimes for special events; sometimes just to grab an appetizer and wine; sometimes to sit at bar and eat.Special Features:
- We sat in the bar area injrobrenegadeDined on 12/30/2013We sat in the bar area in an empty booth, were trying to get a booth in the restaurant area but there was a wait. So found this empty booth in the bar area, and soon found out why it was empty. The carry out door was on the other side of the room and a cold wind blew in every time someone opened the door. Otherwise everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a TryRondoDined on 12/6/2013Given Lynchburg's restaurant challenges, we tried The Neighbors Place based upon various on-line reviews. My wife had a Filet and Lobster Tail. The filet was cooked properly and had excellent flavor. The Lobster Tail was the size of a Gulf shrimp which explained the $11.00 charge. I had the marinated Skirt steak that was very flavorful. Additionally, I had a side of a Seafood medley of shrimp, mushrooms and scallops that were mushy and tasteless. Seemed as though the seafood had been frozen and thawed several times. I would not get the Seafood again. The wait staff was friendly and engaging. Overall, we enjoyed the experience and will probably revisit again but would not have high expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealallirueVIPDined on 11/15/2013We are regulars here at Neighbors Place, we love the menu selections and the food is always outstanding. Service here is always great and as usual we had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- NoisyNealDined on 11/9/2013Way too noisy, to the point you just want to get up and leave. Need some sound soak material.
- Great Fried PicklespmrthirdVIPDined on 10/23/2013Love fried pickles and they make some of the best here! Also enjoyed the double lobster tail. Service was very good. Seems like a very energetic place to go with people of all ages! As a business traveler, nice place to go! Bar was very hoping!Special Features:
- Always on our listAuditthyfoodDined on 9/21/2013Eat here everytime we are in Lynchburg. Good, comfort food and nice portions. Good selection of local beers. Had the ribeye steak; done perfectly. All the family members had the surf and turf. Nice selection of side dishes - family liked the sweet potatos a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dinner!ApaoneDined on 9/6/2013I had a delicious steak and my date had fish. Both dishes were cooked well and tasted great! Our server was very attentive and constantly was re-filling our drinks. Great experience and definitely will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013We always love going to Neighbor's Place. There is such a variety of food, tastes great and service is good. This time, the food just did not have the same great flavors or textures. It was labor day weekend and the big game was on, but there were plenty of servers and was not full when we arrived. We will go back, but hope to have improvement of food quality. The server did her job, but seemed to rush us as well. We know this is not our typical experience, so we will be back.
- Great service, very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2013Whenever we have gone to Neighbors Place, the service has always been excellent and the food very good. I really enjoy their salads, but anything I have ever tasted there has been delicious. The one down side to the restaurant is that it does tend to be quite loud. Just the same, it is one of the best places in Lynchburg to get a good meal with outstanding service.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceliptonsmomDined on 8/17/2013The Neighbor's Place is the premier restaurant in the Lynchburg area. Everytime we visit the food is fabulous, the service is excellent, and the atmosphere is welcoming. They have a great selection of food and drinks, and the desserts end the meal on a scrumptious. They have something to satisfy everyone's tastebuds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal at Neighbors Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2013We went for lunch & had the Restaurant Week Specials. The food was superb, and the service was outstanding by our server Geoff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant week outingDoLoDined on 6/23/2013Ordered spinach dip and wedge salad for appetizer, salmon and Cajun neighbor for entree and peanut butter pie and cheesecake for dessert. Enjoyed flavor and portions of appetizers. Salmon was over cooked but I think that was due to the thin end cut. Neighbors does not make their own desserts, but they sure are good. Peanut butter pie was rich. Cheesecake was a fraction of the normal serving. Being a regular, I had expected a better portion (even on restaurant week). Service was ok. Still a great place for dining out with family or friends. Note: don't sit near the back door. Regardless of the season, you will not like the outdoor breeze that hits you (I have gotten the cold and the hot air). Ask to be seated elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor's Place is a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/16/2013Had a great meal, try a different menu item each time I go. Had a slight problem with one meal ordered by a friend dining with us, Tilapia not cooked all the way thru, was returned and the meal redone, which was very good. Kitchen and staff had no problem rectifying the problem, and even gave us a choice of any dessert, on the house.Special Features:
- Food was very good and reasonable.WillyDined on 6/7/2013Food was very good and reasonable. Fortunately we were able to eat outside because would have a hard time carrying a conversation the noise was so loud. Big happy hour groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest Steak Ever!wedineDined on 6/1/2013My husband and I only go out by ourselves once a year...for our anniversary. The last couple years, we felt like it just wasn't worth it (paying for a babysitter...driving to get there...paying a lot for a meal). This place was wonderful! Seriously, the steak was the best steak I have have had. Ever. We will definitely go back, hopefully sooner than next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Desserts were huge (and tasty!)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013All of the portions were very generous. But seriously, resist the temptation and split the dessert with someone (perhaps 2 people) at your table - the cheesecake, key lime, and pretzel crust brownie were each massive. Delicious, but spoiler alert: feeligns of
- Great FoodDrDoom56Dined on 5/17/2013First time there. Made a reservation for 6:30 but then had to change it to 7:00. Got there before 7 and got seated around 7:20. Tried an appetizer sampler with Thai Wings and Skins. Very good. I had the Cajun Neighbor and my wife had the Blackened Chicken Pasta. I now have to try to replicate the Cajun Neighbor at home, it was extremely good. My wife is a little pickier that myself, and tends to not try stuff, but was really pleased with the dish. She commented that it was one of the few times she didn't feel like this type of dish was an alfredo dish with some bits of chicken. This was a chicken dish, with a generous amount of chicken! Good helping sizes. Glad the bread was cut small, or I would have eaten 3 or 4 baskets of it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers DaypatrickDined on 5/12/2013Went there for Mothers Day and had a pretty good experience. Tried to get in after church and the place was just too busy so we settled for dinner there instead. Food was good (not as good as usual) service lacked remembering what we needed. All in all this is my favorite restaurant in Lynchburg. I will blame it on Mothers Day and being too busy. I will def. go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.