890 Main Street
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mustangparkcity.com/
- Phone: (435) 658-3975
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Hufferd
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Mustang is available for private parties of up to 100 guests seated and up to 150 guests for standing receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Hufferd 4356583975
- Entertainment: The Mustang features live entertainment on occasion; weekend concerts during the summer.
A word from The Mustang
Join renowned Chef/Owner Bill Hufferd (former Executive Chef of Park City's Riverhorse Cafe and numerous, famous Los Angeles fine-dining eateries) for "Park City Fine Dining at its Best." Duck chile relleno, fresh hand-made potstickers, imported Italian Bufala mozzarella cheese and vine ripe tomato bruschetta, grilled lobster with grapefruit salsa and jack cheese/spinach enchiladas, braised lamb shank with rosemary and roasted garlic, Utah red trout, Chilean Seabass and marinated rib-eye steak with world famous French fries, all served in a modern space with cosmopolitan flair are just a few examples that typify our sophisticated, unique and varied style in the world of haute cuisine. Full bar and top notch wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Mustang - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
The Mustang reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)special occasion (14)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (11)good for groups (8)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurantpjbjDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed the restaurant so much we stay in Park City one more night so we could eat there a second time.Special Features:
- Service with a smileMikeDined on 10/12/2014The service was great but I went there for the duck chilling rellenos and they tasted good, but I could have been eating any meat. And the ribs tasted great but the meat was so dry it was disappointing to say the least. My wife's steak and fries was perfect though
- pjbjDined on 10/9/2014The food was very good, but the waiter forgot to bring a soup that was ordered.
- PCFoodieDined on 9/24/2014Terrific menu, lots of entrees that I would return for. Excellent value. Only place in Park City where you can get a soufflé. Chocolate soufflé was outstanding dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodgonegolfinDined on 9/22/2014dinner was absolutely delicious. The steak was incredible and I Have to say it was probably the best baked potato I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Consistently great food and the service is friendly and attentive. The seafood options are always good choices, even in the off season and the Mustang remains one of my favorite Park City dining destination.Special Features:
- Very good - entrees amazingSLCgoodfoodDined on 9/12/2014Arrived 20 minutes before our reservation - seated promptly without a wait. The staff was friendly from the waiter to other staff as it was a busy Friday night but staff still catered to individual needs without being overly rushed. I wanted to give 5 stars due to the entrées - sea bass was possibly the best (non-tuna) piece of fish I've ever had and the chicken with gnocchi was great - the breading/crust I would guess is a mustard to adhere very fine cracker crumbs - Very Good. The reason for 4 stars - ambiance was nice but we were at a table next to a back door that did get a bit cold as the evening progressed. The service was good but we ordered ribs and 20 minutes later we were told they were out and needed to change item ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CCDPCccdslcdinerDined on 9/12/2014This was my first visit. Very nice atmosphere. Food was very good with prodigious portions. Service was a bit off, but there was a large crowd on a September night which appears to have caught the staff a bit off guard. I would return.Special Features:
- Park City FavoriteglorydaysVIPDined on 9/5/2014Excellent service; excellent menu well executed, consistently. Our favorite in Park City, UTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much recommended.FoodienoobieDined on 9/4/2014We stayed at Park City for off-season and were exploring dinner options. Because of the off-season, restaurants were not very populated, but we noticed the Mustang had more guests. We were seated where we wished (quiet corner) and were attended by a delightful waiter, who gave us the 2 for 1 discount that we did not know existed! Food was excellent, my husband had the filet mignon and I had the cod. The portions were very generous for a "fancy" restaurant, so large that we did not have room for dessert! Although we read rave reviews about the chocolate souffle.Special Features:
- HorseyCAiRDined on 9/2/2014Love ambience & food is superb Miss the old chef as he treated us differently than our waiter Nothing special for Anniverssry celebration:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerlaceyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Our group had lamb, scampi, chicken and trout and all were wonderful Potstickers and the famous fries were great appetizers. Rick provided excellent service and the general manager mr. Stein was very gracious and checked on us frequently. Very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious again.SukiJDined on 8/13/2014We took a friend for her birthday. She and I split the rack of lamb, which is one of my favorites. Smoked salmon potato pancake appetizer was perfect for 4. Lamb was cooked perfectly. Our server was professional and fun at the same time. Well done, Mustang.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Great dinner with fantastic service. We will definitely be back whenever in Park City!Special Features:
- cejkaVIPDined on 8/9/2014always superb. sea bass is the house specialty but you cant go wrong with anything on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden Park City gemSFfoodcriticDined on 8/2/2014The food was great. The pot stickers were unique and tasty. The trout and lobster tail were lucious as was the sweet corn and lobster soup. The lobster tail was prepared in a very non-traditional southwestern style that I quite enjoyed. Desert was a hot fudge sunday which was artfully done. Their chocolate souffle (I heard) was great but I was too full by then. Overall, a very nice dinner.Special Features:
- The following 229 reviews are from the The Mustang reviews archive.
- Outstanding food and serviceMuseisluse1Dined on 7/15/2014Sea bass and Utah red trout were both delicious. Wine list rather weak, no Malbec offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cejkaVIPDined on 7/6/2014sea bass is extraordinary. as are potstickers and shrimp scampiSpecial Features:
- Pick anothersuziqVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great food but lousy service and very noisy. Consider installing sound absorbing device. We were seated by an obnoxious loud party which spoiled our evening and the waiter was lost we considered walking out as no one serviced us but considering it was 9 pm we did not know if we would find another open place. Food was good but service and noise are unacceptable only good if you get the 2 for 1 deal from the local paper.Special Features:
- Our 40th Anniversary DinnerCelebratingour40thDined on 6/20/2014My boss, who owns a condo in Park City, recommended the Mustang for a great place to eat while we were in Park City. She was so right!! The food was Very Good....yummmmmm!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cejkaVIPDined on 6/13/2014chocolate souffle to die for. same for potstickers and sea bassSpecial Features:
- Great experienceJRcaliforniaVIPDined on 6/9/2014We had a delicious dinner with great service. Our waiter Ken was efficient and personable. We will certainly return the next time that we are in Park City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening OutgreatcuisineDined on 6/6/2014The food and service were sufficient to bring anyone back. The restaurant is upscale and the dining experience is enjoyable. I would be reluctant to rate the restaurant high on the romantic scale, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualityFineDineDined on 5/23/2014The food at the Mustang is always good, have dined there several times over the past few years and have never had a bad meal. The pricing is consistent for food and service that they provide. I would not say it is for children, which is great when you are entertaining business people or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mustang delivers!PCLocalDined on 4/17/2014Mustang rarely dissappoints and once again delivered a delitious birthday meal. The Lamb shank was tender, meaty and well sauced. The whipped potatoes are the best in town and the chocolate deserts really, really good. Thanks again!!!Special Features:
- Expensive for choice steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2014I ordered the New York strip and was told by the waiter the steak was prime. I figured at $44 it should be. I took one bite and immediately knew it was choice meat and not prime and the waiter later confirmed my suspicion. The steak lacked flavor and was tough. The wild salmon was very good. Not sure I would return when I know I can find a better steak at a lower price at many other restaurants.
- Always great dining @ MustangEat2liveVIPDined on 3/28/2014Another great meal and outstanding service. This is why Mustang is our favorite restaurant in Park City.Special Features:
- Fabulous food but so-so ambianceLanaBananaVIPDined on 3/18/2014The food is great here - a very expansive menu with terrific seafood, steak and poultry options. Chocolate souffle dessert option was wonderful. The location - in a complex housing the Marriot Summit House was not great. It is located at the end of Main Street so felt isolated. The dining room itself is very blah. The service was great though and we enjoyed our meal very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKTimmyVIPDined on 3/16/2014The Mustang was just OK. My daughter and I shared a bruschetta, a salad, and a sword fish special. My daughter's a little picky so that may have been the problem and maybe we didn't read the description closely, but the bruschetta was basically a caprese salad on a grilled crostini with basil pesto. It was fine for me, but she was expecting the traditional bruchetta. Again being picky, my daughter wanted the dressing on the side of the salad. The waiter seemed turned off by the request. He was ok, but not very welcoming anyway, so this didn't help. The sword fish was good. The puff pastry stuffed with red pepper, and other veggies not so much. I had a couple glasses of wine that were quite reasonable, but the total bill was $110.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014Mustang is a fantastic restaurant. We are Park City locals and dine out a lot, and it is one of our favorites. The menu might be the best in town. I would have given it an overall "outstanding" rating, instead of "very good," had they not jacked their prices up about $8 - 10 per entrée on our last visit. It was probably in honor of spring break tourists, but it was inconsistent with the menu pricing on their website menu...which is high enough.Special Features:
- Great food with one problemCougieDined on 3/14/2014Overall the experience was very nice, but I order the swordfish special and the fish arrived very over-cooked. The waiter offered to replace it, but we were tired, so I didn't eat it. They did take it off the bill which was nice. All the rest of the food including the sides for the fish were excellent, especially the Southwestern Duck Chile Relleno. I would go back. One annoying thing is that when you make reservations (on OpenTable), they take a credit card. Fine, but then they also send you emails demanding your cell phone number so they can call to confirm your reservations. So you have to call them to give them your cell number so they can call you to reconfirm. Very annoying since they say they will charge you for a no-show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, quickCCdinerDined on 3/13/2014The service was very prompt and attentive. Had a great papaya arugala salad, carpaccio, and scallops. Frita misto was average at best, too much breading. Cocktails were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2014There are much better options in town. We are bummed we wasted one of our vacation nights on this spot. Food was not bad, just not worth the pricing. We will not be back here
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/12/2014Great trout food here seems to be always very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/11/2014Food was tasty but waiter was condescending. Chairs uncomfortable. Loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large portions of delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/10/2014A friend recommended Mustang and she was spot on! We loved the chile relliano stuffed with duck confit. It was large enough to share. My husband had the halibut, which was delicious but the fish was a little over cooked to my taste. The best dishe was the Utah red trout with lemon butter and capers accompanied by chive mashed potatoes. The trout was so delicious that I shared it with my husband, who dislikes salmon or anything that looks like it. The mashers were so creamy and smooth they could be a separate course. Best to go after a day of skiing when you have an appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious; veryKimballVIPDined on 3/10/2014The food was delicious; very flavorful. My only complaint is that a table of loud children was seated right next to us (a couple), when other tables were available. Otherwise, the service and staff were excellent.Special Features:
- Great food!Foodie101nycDined on 3/8/2014Excellent food! Good wine, good crowd, great location. You must Request the waiter Nick, he made our dinner really fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a localDiamondGirlDined on 2/28/2014a little loud for conversation between 3 people, but not impossible. we had two of the "famous for" entrees; red trout was excellent, but the steak frites was just ok; steak had a charred/burnt taste to the outside, rather overpowering, and the fries were good but not special. frito misto was overbattered and a little over fried making it hard to bite into. server was excellent; attentive and responsive. they very graciously served us a complimentary dessert, grilled pineapple with a waffle, that was divine, after we commented about the burnt taste of the steak. it was a nice evening, and we might try it again but as tourists we are likely to try somewhere else.Special Features:
- The Mustang delivers again!Eat2liveVIPDined on 2/28/2014Yet another outstanding dining experience at the Mustang. Fantastic service, great food -- the Mustang never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.