The Mouzon House Restaurant
1 York Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
The Mouzon House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mouzonhouse.com/
- Phone: 5182260014x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Racing season
Wednesday Happy Hour 4:30-6pm, Dinner 5pm-close
Saturday Happy Hour 4:30-6pm, Dinner 5pm-close
Open for Sunday Brunch 11:30-3pm in September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Pedinotti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide customized on and off premise catering.
- Entertainment: In warm weather our music starts at 8pm and features excellent local musicians on an outdoor stage. We feature mainly jazz and blues. The music can be viewed from the outside bar and the rooftop where we one can dine. In cooler weather we have a jazz gutair duo on Wednesday evenings inside from 6pm-8pm
- Special Events: We tailor your event to your personality and to your budget
A word from The Mouzon House Restaurant
Located on the edge of High Rock Park in downtown Saratoga Springs, in a restored simple victorian home that features garden dining, live music and a beautiful out-door bar that features handcrafted cocktails, utilizing our fresh picked garden grown herbs. Our family and Staff invite you to come and enjoy our wonderful environment where our mission is to bring together a special combination of Great Food, Wine and Music. We are a local farm to table restaurant. We offer vegan vegetarian and gluten free options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Mouzon House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
The Mouzon House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)romantic (50)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (40)good for groups (15)notable wine list (11)scenic view (9)vibrant bar scene (8)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Wonderful mealRobbyleeVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Mouzon House. The location is a bit odd overlooking a parking lot. Still, we enjoyed our meal. We started by sharing the beignets, which was a great decision, & a Cesar salad that was too citrus for my taste, w/anchovies served whole rather than crushed into the dressing. I had the bouillabaisse: spicy but delicious & my husband had the trout special, another very tasty choice. We were too full to consider dessert but can say, without hesitation it was a pleasant, memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Third time wasn't the charm. First two visits were great. This was terrible. Food cold. Server had major attitude. After the food was served we never saw her again. Bus girl handled the rest. Never asked if we wanted a second drink or refill on the water. Portions tiny. Prices big. Wouldn't go back. Many empty tables in the restaurant. We were seated in a back "alley" shaped room all alone. Perhaps because my fiancé is black.
- ExcellentNotg8VIPDined on 8/24/2014We have been here several times and each time has been fantastic. The food and service are excellent. Everyone who works there is friendly and pleasant. The food is FANTASTIC. I would highly recommend going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemFortyDined on 8/23/2014Unsure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised at the ambiance and food quality of this restaurant. The hostess was extremely helpful and the waitstaff very attentive. The outdoor dining experience was a huge bonus. Roof top is definitely the way to go. And, if you really want a great desert, have the dark chocolate martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we had an exceptional dinner at The Mouzon House. The locally grown vegetables and herbs are perfectly prepared and are delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed everything from appetizers to bread pudding. Great service and wine complimented the great meal.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experienceTauniaDined on 8/21/2014Fantastic farm-to-plate cuisine, unbeatable Summer ambiance in Saratoga and there was a great music trio playing "dinner-time appropriate" New Orleans' style jazz! Had a wonderful time (as always).Special Features:
- litchdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Mouzon is fun. Saratoga, surprisingly, doesn't have many good restaurants and Mouzon is a good choice. They always seem to have really good music downstairs. Food is sort of Cajun and interesting. Our server (Megan?) was excellent on a night when they were very busy in the height of racing season.Special Features:
- Great place for a party of 5t4twoDined on 8/10/2014Delicious, interesting food attentively served in a romantic converted house. Friendly, very accommodating staff. Well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...MiLuandCoDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten at Mouzon House in the past, and this latest experience just confirmed our feelings about it. Food is delicious and fresh, and the menu varied. Ambience relaxed yet elegant. A perfect night out.Special Features:
- Get the Crawfish beignets!mkretzDined on 8/8/2014The crawfish beignets were an excellent appetizer. The main courses were also delicious and we really enjoyed the french press chicory coffee after dinner. The only disappointing item was the flourless chocolate cake. Rather small and bland. Service was A+!Special Features:
- Creative CreoledinerbelleDined on 8/7/2014Mouzon House is a farm-to-table restaurant on a quiet street w/ample free parking just off the main drag in Saratoga Springs. The remodeled Victorian brick house is a charming setting, w/an open air bar; patio, porch & interior dining; & a lovely upstairs open air porch with fireplace. The atmosphere is relaxed yet gracious; our server attentive & knowledgable. For appetizers we had the signature crawfish beignets--delicious & rich, one order easily enough for two--and superb Malpec oysters on the half shell. Then we enjoyed the sweet corn risotto and the shrimp & grits, distinctively served with a Southern spiced pan gravy. The food was skillfully and creatively prepared, a careful balance of flavors & textures. We'll certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014When we arrived, they asked us to wait at the bar, even though there were tables available. 1/2 hour after our reservation time, they attempted to seat us outside at a table right next to the bar (which was unoccupied for the whole time we were at the bar), and we refused that table and were immediately brought inside where there were several tables available. The food was good, but the service was extremely slow and scattered.
- Perfect evening for our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Mouzon was recommended by friends for the atmosphere, but delivered that, plus great food, attentive service, and pleasant surroundings. Blues/jazz wafted through the air--at just the right volume to set a fun mood but allow conversation. Food was fabulous, oysters were fresh and succulent. Swordfish special cooked just right, and tzaziki sauce sounded strange but was a great, light complement to the fish. Found reasonably priced, good wines. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had issues...FoodieNJDined on 8/1/2014Perhaps due to race season, service was SLOW! In addition, we were squeezed into a table in which we hardly fit. We had to search out another table. The restaurant was not full. Our server was kind and courteous. It was not her fault that the kitchen took over an hour to bring our main courses. Even appetizers were a long wait. The food was delicious however, so for this reason, I would try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Overall, a very nice experience. Service was a little slow but very friendly. Prices seemed high for smaller portions. The menu here is always interesting and local which is why we like it and are willing to pay a little extra. I enjoyed the summer gin/rosemary cocktail and my husband loved the mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panda6BumDined on 8/1/2014The service was poor; the four of us felt like we were shoved into a corner and forgotten. It took a long time for the server to come over to the table and greet us and ask us what we wanted for drinks. They screwed-up my appetizer and gave me the wrong thing. My entre was good but the others complained there food was either too salty or under cooked. I was very disappointed overall!!! It was not worth the money at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a table for 6 upstairs on the porch with rocking chairs so we didn't mind that the kitchen was a bit slow. It was a very relaxing dinner. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Our party also loved the specialty drinks at the outside bar before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOurFavoritesDined on 7/26/2014We love the Mouzon House. The atmosphere is delightful...the service is very friendly and attentive. Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Never had a bad experience here. Food and ambience always impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SaratogaandrewskaDined on 7/23/2014Simply incredible and ever-changing farm-to-table menu. The food is absolutely among the top three restaurants in Saratoga. Live (but low) music by a guitar duo adds to the ambiance. The list of wines and beers isn't very long but contains outstanding selections.Special Features:
- Delicious!food4twoDined on 7/23/2014The ambiance is gorgeous. We had a nice table for two on the upper outdoor patio. We were surrounded by green and it was very beautiful. The service started out a little sketchy when we ordered Saratoga sparkling and our first server brought us tap. After that our main server did a great job of describing the food and making recommendations. The food was fantastic! Veggie Tapas board was fun to try. My husband is Creole and ordered the Chicken Jumbalaya! It was fantastic! I kept steeling forkfuls from his plate. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Mouzon seems to be on of the best places in Saratoga right now. Interesting food and great setting. This last time I was a bit disappointed in the food. Some in our group of 6 had very good food while other items (chicken) were overdone and lacking. The salads were fine but those who ordered the cheddar and apples on the salad for an upcharge could barely discern those in their salads. Also, both types of salads we ordered were barely dressed. This menu is definitely not for everyone. Many items have a lot of spice or heat. A nice spot but not the best evening there.Special Features:
- So impressed!AdventurousEaterDined on 7/19/2014I dined at The Mouzon House for this first time this past weekend and I can't believe I have never been there before now. It was a busy weekend in town so I used the search option on Open Table to find restaurants that had reservation times available for when my party wanted to dine. The style of food is Creole which is a personal favorite, and we were seated upstairs in an open air room and surrounded by the foliage of surrounding trees - it was like being on a tropical island. We ordered apps, salads, entrees, dessert, and wine and everything we were served was super delicious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves good Louisiana style food and anyone who is looking for something a little out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely art.AnneDined on 7/18/2014Pricey, so save for a special occasion. Parking lot was full, we parked illegally but didn't get a ticket.Special Features:
- Nice Food with a New Orlean's FlairRabinDined on 7/17/2014This was the 4th time I have dined here. The food has always been very tasty. My sister and I ordered fish of the day which happened to be Cod. It was prepared with nice mixture of spices and had this very nice spicy sauce when combined with the fish was very delicious. Served with this dish was dirty rice. On many occasions I've had the Cioppino and really never been disappointed. I would give this restaurant a try you might find your self coming back just one more time!Special Features:
- We go here all the time.JmueDined on 7/15/2014We never have been disappointed, very friendly service, the specials are different and innovative, awesome food. The inside surprised with the upper level under roof, yet open windows and views to all sides. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014New Orleans style decor and creole menu. The art work is unique. The food was well prepared and savory.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealalaneVIPDined on 7/5/2014We read reviews about this restaurant and knew we would enjoy it. The house special drinks and food were creative. The staff was knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations. We will definitely return to this restaurant when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Inspired food & outstanding serviceBizzy57Dined on 6/24/2014The food is wonderful - so interesting, creative and delicious! It's the kind of food you never want to end. Our server had the perfect combination of friendliness and professionalism. She did not intrude but checked on every course. She was knowledgeable about the wine and the menu. The only drawback of the evening was that we requested to sit outside. Don't do that. To me, it was uncomfortable. The floor had not been swept and we were seated next to the open door of a messy service station. Other than that it was a perfect evening. We will go to the Mouzon House every time we visit Saratoga! Don't miss this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BurgerDined on 6/19/2014Living in Saratoga we have dozens of places to choose from. My wife and I have eaten here before and the food was excellent once again! Our waitress Dori made the even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014The Jambalaya and Chicken and Waffles were awesome. Sunday Brunch however is kind of a bust since you can't get drinks until 1200 on Sundays so don't expect any Mimosas or Bloody Marys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect date nightwishicouldeatoutmoreDined on 5/24/2014If you're looking for some great food, excellent service, and a relaxing atmosphere, look no further! Perfect spot for a romantic date night!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014Excellent New Orleans style food and terrific service. Pleasant atmosphere and easy for conversation.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningTimTroyDined on 5/2/2014The food, character of the place, service, and music all combined into a very enjoyable evening. Thank you.Special Features:
- The following 324 reviews are from the The Mouzon House Restaurant reviews archive.
- The atmosphere was terrific but…..RebLDined on 4/26/2014Mouzon House was extremely accommodating of our last-minute addition of three extra friends, and gave us a room to ourselves. No trouble hearing one another AND we didn't worry about our merriment disturbing others. The bartender was gracious and solicitous, the waitstaff appropriately attentive but not intrusive. Though she was yet another who commits the annoying sin of announcing specials without their price. I hate this. Don't make me ask. Sadly, the food was uneven. The $38 steak special was good, the beet risotto was judged "out of this world, and the vegetarian tapas were good. The jambalaya tasted strangely muddy, the pork special was dry and overly salty, the mushroom pasta had an off flavor, and the mixed veggies were meh.Special Features:
- Mouzon HousedisappointedDined on 4/20/2014Very pricey - wasn't worth the money for the amount of food you received - For instance: $3.00 for 2 little pieces of cornbread and 2 tiny bisquits - neither of which was all that good.
- Wonderful Easter Brunch......josaratogaDined on 4/20/2014I have always wanted to try The Mouzon House and so delighted I did for Easter Brunch. I made a reservation through OpenTable (which is a great app for last minute planners like me) The atmosphere and feel was relaxed yet sophisticated. Diane and the staff were attentive and friendly. I felt as if I was at a friends house for a special meal. Our party of three left more then satisfied and looking forward to returning as soon as possible to try the dinner menu and/or a drink on the outside garden bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouzon House delivers once again!egreenhouseDined on 4/18/2014We love this restaurant, we are locals and have eaten here multiple times during all seasons and have never had a bad meal. The service is always friendly and they know their menu, including the memorized nightly specials. The crawfish beignets are to die for, as is the shrimp and grits but don't let that stop you from trying any of their other delicious locally-sourced dishes. We also like that some dishes you can get a half portion(so you can try more menu items or eat lighter). The atmosphere here is hard to beat, in fact I don't think it can be! The inside of the house, where the main dining is, is so charming and the outdoor bar and deck eating area are the best for summer months. This is by far one of the best restaurants in Saratoga.Special Features:
- Great for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014lots of great choices on menu & specials - we have to go back a lot so we can try all the things we didn't get to try this time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cramped table in the backNYMJVIPDined on 4/12/2014We were looking forward to this and were disappointted. Our group of 5 was seated at a small oblong table in the back of the restaurant. The view was an awning that had fallen down. Above us, masking tape on the duct. The server didn't know how to decant wine. With so many terrific restaurants in Saratoga Springs, we would not return to Mouzon House.Special Features: