The Mouzon House Restaurant
1 York Street
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $30 and under
The Mouzon House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mouzonhouse.com/
- Phone: 5182260014x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Racing season
Wednesday Happy Hour 4:30-6pm, Dinner 5pm-close
Saturday Happy Hour 4:30-6pm, Dinner 5pm-close
Open for Sunday Brunch 11:30-3pm in September
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Creole
- Executive Chef: David Pedinotti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We provide customized on and off premise catering.
- Entertainment: In warm weather our music starts at 8pm and features excellent local musicians on an outdoor stage. We feature mainly jazz and blues. The music can be viewed from the outside bar and the rooftop where we one can dine. In cooler weather we have a jazz gutair duo on Wednesday evenings inside from 6pm-8pm
- Special Events: We tailor your event to your personality and to your budget
A word from The Mouzon House Restaurant
Located on the edge of High Rock Park in downtown Saratoga Springs, in a restored simple victorian home that features garden dining, live music and a beautiful out-door bar that features handcrafted cocktails, utilizing our fresh picked garden grown herbs. Our family and Staff invite you to come and enjoy our wonderful environment where our mission is to bring together a special combination of Great Food, Wine and Music. We are a local farm to table restaurant. We offer vegan vegetarian and gluten free options.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Mouzon House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
The Mouzon House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (67)fit for foodies (60)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (45)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great atmosphere and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014Everything was delicious. ..from my Moscow Mule, to the crayfish beignets to the fantastic fried chicken with collard greens and sweet potato mash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for apps & entrees...not dessertachefsmomDined on 10/9/2014We had a lovely birthday celebration. They nailed all of the appetizers and main dishes...the crawfish beignets were wonderful, seafood jambalaya, fried chicken, steak and lamb were all delicious. Service was good. Decor and art were lovely. The music was a bit loud and kind of a bazaar mix but ok. The only thing that holds me back from an overall excellent experience and excellent food was the desserts. The creme brulee topping was burnt not golden which made the whole thing nasty. The panna cotta was tasteless. The bread pudding was good but greasy. I'd return for sure but stop before dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans meets SaratogaNJmanDined on 9/19/2014After an evening of comfortable creole inspired cuisine in the warm lit, art filled, and cozy Mouzon House, one would expect to step out into the swampy streets of New Orleans . However a nice stroll on a cool September night in Saratoga is welcome after wiping the spice-conjured sweat off your brow and the bourbon bread pudding smile off your face. This was the perfect location for our first date night as a married couple. Go there and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glandfoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Heard great things and wasn't disappointed. Food was excellent, Aaron our waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Movin' from Mouzon HouseluvtoeatanddrinkDined on 9/13/2014Mouzon House is a farm to table restaurant. The food is well prepared and the presentation of the food is beautiful. Waitstaff is well versed on the offerings; which is impressive because the offerings differ from day to day. Recommendations from staff will not steer you wrong if you are not sure what to order. Great place to eat or have a drink on their patio bar. Heaters get going on the patio when the temperature goes down.Special Features:
- Get in my belly!LightSauceVIPDined on 9/6/2014This little gem did not disappoint. Excellent food with great flavor and happiness for the taste buds. High praise and well deserved.Special Features:
- IncredibleTylerbDined on 9/6/2014What a lovely place. The food was seasoned properly. The drinks were great. The service was above standards.Special Features:
- Extra SpecialMoodyfoodieDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I pretty much fell in love with The Mouzon when we came for Valentine's dinner in 2011. This time, we fell in love all over again. I had asked about an old dish that had not been on the menu for a few years and Chef Dave made it over just for me. It was simply amazing. My husband loves the fried chicken that comes with mashed sweet potatoes and collard greens. He never deviates from this dish, so he was just thrilled to be there. We highly recommend The Mouzon House to anyone looking for a romantic dinner where the food is made with great love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice enough, good changebibawasbestDined on 8/31/2014Nice to find pretty authentic New Orleans cooking in Saratoga. Perfectly OK atmosphere and service. You could see what they are shooting for, but not quite reaching. Very attractive but tiny open air bar. Drinks were weak and had no flavor despite the fancy descriptions. Cajun dishes were very well made but either over- or under-spiced. A change from the typical Saratoga restaurant (but the typical Saratoga restaurant is really good!!).Special Features:
- More consistency in service & foodZoeybugDined on 8/31/2014Party of 5. It was a special occasion. We had two children dine in our party, they ordered specials. Waiter did not let us know that the specials were twice as expensive than the items on the regular menu or how much the specials were for that matter. Also, for a $45 dollar steak dish I think it would come with another side aside from potatoes, perhaps some type of green vegetable to balance the dish. Needless to say, a bit of a shock when we received the total bill.Special Features:
- Lovely Summer EveninggenacmVIPDined on 8/27/2014We had a lovely dinner upstairs on the porch last week. While I often object to be shuffled upstairs, the porch at Mouzon is so pretty and interesting we really enjoyed it. Had the often recommended beignets, a single order of charcuterie, one jambalaya (attractively split for us) and one side of vegetables. Everything was interesting and nicely prepared and an excellent amount of food for two. Highly recommend Mouzon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealRobbyleeVIPDined on 8/25/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Mouzon House. The location is a bit odd overlooking a parking lot. Still, we enjoyed our meal. We started by sharing the beignets, which was a great decision, & a Cesar salad that was too citrus for my taste, w/anchovies served whole rather than crushed into the dressing. I had the bouillabaisse: spicy but delicious & my husband had the trout special, another very tasty choice. We were too full to consider dessert but can say, without hesitation it was a pleasant, memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Third time wasn't the charm. First two visits were great. This was terrible. Food cold. Server had major attitude. After the food was served we never saw her again. Bus girl handled the rest. Never asked if we wanted a second drink or refill on the water. Portions tiny. Prices big. Wouldn't go back. Many empty tables in the restaurant. We were seated in a back "alley" shaped room all alone. Perhaps because my fiancé is black.
- ExcellentNotg8VIPDined on 8/24/2014We have been here several times and each time has been fantastic. The food and service are excellent. Everyone who works there is friendly and pleasant. The food is FANTASTIC. I would highly recommend going here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemFortyDined on 8/23/2014Unsure what to expect, I was pleasantly surprised at the ambiance and food quality of this restaurant. The hostess was extremely helpful and the waitstaff very attentive. The outdoor dining experience was a huge bonus. Roof top is definitely the way to go. And, if you really want a great desert, have the dark chocolate martini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOutVIPDined on 8/23/2014Once again, we had an exceptional dinner at The Mouzon House. The locally grown vegetables and herbs are perfectly prepared and are delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed everything from appetizers to bread pudding. Great service and wine complimented the great meal.Special Features:
- Always a great dining experienceTauniaDined on 8/21/2014Fantastic farm-to-plate cuisine, unbeatable Summer ambiance in Saratoga and there was a great music trio playing "dinner-time appropriate" New Orleans' style jazz! Had a wonderful time (as always).Special Features:
- litchdinerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Mouzon is fun. Saratoga, surprisingly, doesn't have many good restaurants and Mouzon is a good choice. They always seem to have really good music downstairs. Food is sort of Cajun and interesting. Our server (Megan?) was excellent on a night when they were very busy in the height of racing season.Special Features:
- Great place for a party of 5t4twoVIPDined on 8/10/2014Delicious, interesting food attentively served in a romantic converted house. Friendly, very accommodating staff. Well worth the expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...MiLuandCoDined on 8/9/2014We have eaten at Mouzon House in the past, and this latest experience just confirmed our feelings about it. Food is delicious and fresh, and the menu varied. Ambience relaxed yet elegant. A perfect night out.Special Features:
- Get the Crawfish beignets!mkretzDined on 8/8/2014The crawfish beignets were an excellent appetizer. The main courses were also delicious and we really enjoyed the french press chicory coffee after dinner. The only disappointing item was the flourless chocolate cake. Rather small and bland. Service was A+!Special Features:
- Creative CreoledinerbelleDined on 8/7/2014Mouzon House is a farm-to-table restaurant on a quiet street w/ample free parking just off the main drag in Saratoga Springs. The remodeled Victorian brick house is a charming setting, w/an open air bar; patio, porch & interior dining; & a lovely upstairs open air porch with fireplace. The atmosphere is relaxed yet gracious; our server attentive & knowledgable. For appetizers we had the signature crawfish beignets--delicious & rich, one order easily enough for two--and superb Malpec oysters on the half shell. Then we enjoyed the sweet corn risotto and the shrimp & grits, distinctively served with a Southern spiced pan gravy. The food was skillfully and creatively prepared, a careful balance of flavors & textures. We'll certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014When we arrived, they asked us to wait at the bar, even though there were tables available. 1/2 hour after our reservation time, they attempted to seat us outside at a table right next to the bar (which was unoccupied for the whole time we were at the bar), and we refused that table and were immediately brought inside where there were several tables available. The food was good, but the service was extremely slow and scattered.
- Perfect evening for our groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Mouzon was recommended by friends for the atmosphere, but delivered that, plus great food, attentive service, and pleasant surroundings. Blues/jazz wafted through the air--at just the right volume to set a fun mood but allow conversation. Food was fabulous, oysters were fresh and succulent. Swordfish special cooked just right, and tzaziki sauce sounded strange but was a great, light complement to the fish. Found reasonably priced, good wines. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had issues...FoodieNJDined on 8/1/2014Perhaps due to race season, service was SLOW! In addition, we were squeezed into a table in which we hardly fit. We had to search out another table. The restaurant was not full. Our server was kind and courteous. It was not her fault that the kitchen took over an hour to bring our main courses. Even appetizers were a long wait. The food was delicious however, so for this reason, I would try again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Overall, a very nice experience. Service was a little slow but very friendly. Prices seemed high for smaller portions. The menu here is always interesting and local which is why we like it and are willing to pay a little extra. I enjoyed the summer gin/rosemary cocktail and my husband loved the mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panda6BumDined on 8/1/2014The service was poor; the four of us felt like we were shoved into a corner and forgotten. It took a long time for the server to come over to the table and greet us and ask us what we wanted for drinks. They screwed-up my appetizer and gave me the wrong thing. My entre was good but the others complained there food was either too salty or under cooked. I was very disappointed overall!!! It was not worth the money at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We had a table for 6 upstairs on the porch with rocking chairs so we didn't mind that the kitchen was a bit slow. It was a very relaxing dinner. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Our party also loved the specialty drinks at the outside bar before dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOurFavoritesDined on 7/26/2014We love the Mouzon House. The atmosphere is delightful...the service is very friendly and attentive. Food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Never had a bad experience here. Food and ambience always impeccableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in SaratogaandrewskaDined on 7/23/2014Simply incredible and ever-changing farm-to-table menu. The food is absolutely among the top three restaurants in Saratoga. Live (but low) music by a guitar duo adds to the ambiance. The list of wines and beers isn't very long but contains outstanding selections.Special Features:
- Delicious!food4twoDined on 7/23/2014The ambiance is gorgeous. We had a nice table for two on the upper outdoor patio. We were surrounded by green and it was very beautiful. The service started out a little sketchy when we ordered Saratoga sparkling and our first server brought us tap. After that our main server did a great job of describing the food and making recommendations. The food was fantastic! Veggie Tapas board was fun to try. My husband is Creole and ordered the Chicken Jumbalaya! It was fantastic! I kept steeling forkfuls from his plate. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Mouzon seems to be on of the best places in Saratoga right now. Interesting food and great setting. This last time I was a bit disappointed in the food. Some in our group of 6 had very good food while other items (chicken) were overdone and lacking. The salads were fine but those who ordered the cheddar and apples on the salad for an upcharge could barely discern those in their salads. Also, both types of salads we ordered were barely dressed. This menu is definitely not for everyone. Many items have a lot of spice or heat. A nice spot but not the best evening there.Special Features:
- So impressed!AdventurousEaterDined on 7/19/2014I dined at The Mouzon House for this first time this past weekend and I can't believe I have never been there before now. It was a busy weekend in town so I used the search option on Open Table to find restaurants that had reservation times available for when my party wanted to dine. The style of food is Creole which is a personal favorite, and we were seated upstairs in an open air room and surrounded by the foliage of surrounding trees - it was like being on a tropical island. We ordered apps, salads, entrees, dessert, and wine and everything we were served was super delicious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves good Louisiana style food and anyone who is looking for something a little out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- Great food, lovely art.AnneDined on 7/18/2014Pricey, so save for a special occasion. Parking lot was full, we parked illegally but didn't get a ticket.Special Features:
- Nice Food with a New Orlean's FlairRabinDined on 7/17/2014This was the 4th time I have dined here. The food has always been very tasty. My sister and I ordered fish of the day which happened to be Cod. It was prepared with nice mixture of spices and had this very nice spicy sauce when combined with the fish was very delicious. Served with this dish was dirty rice. On many occasions I've had the Cioppino and really never been disappointed. I would give this restaurant a try you might find your self coming back just one more time!Special Features:
- We go here all the time.JmueDined on 7/15/2014We never have been disappointed, very friendly service, the specials are different and innovative, awesome food. The inside surprised with the upper level under roof, yet open windows and views to all sides. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014New Orleans style decor and creole menu. The art work is unique. The food was well prepared and savory.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealalaneVIPDined on 7/5/2014We read reviews about this restaurant and knew we would enjoy it. The house special drinks and food were creative. The staff was knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations. We will definitely return to this restaurant when we are in the area.Special Features:
- Inspired food & outstanding serviceBizzy57Dined on 6/24/2014The food is wonderful - so interesting, creative and delicious! It's the kind of food you never want to end. Our server had the perfect combination of friendliness and professionalism. She did not intrude but checked on every course. She was knowledgeable about the wine and the menu. The only drawback of the evening was that we requested to sit outside. Don't do that. To me, it was uncomfortable. The floor had not been swept and we were seated next to the open door of a messy service station. Other than that it was a perfect evening. We will go to the Mouzon House every time we visit Saratoga! Don't miss this fantastic restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 329 reviews are from the The Mouzon House Restaurant reviews archive.