3179 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themorrisonla.com/
- Phone: (323) 667-1839
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Michael Ruiz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Please contact email@example.com
A word from The Morrison
The Morrison is a restaurant located in Atwater Village offering a vast selection of artisinal draught and bottled beers from around the world as well as craft specialty cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Morrison reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Scottish bar eatsShellyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Good food overall but couldn't recommend the gooey fries Drinks and service was excellent as well as the bar bites burgers. YumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, better food.KenCAVIPDined on 9/20/2014As soon as you step into Morrison, you will be lured in by the cool deco and the great people that are very friendly. It has the hip vibe but none of the arrogant attitude you might see from some places. Food is even better. Bar food centric, but food is good quality and has unique twists to them. I had the late breakfast burger and the sweet and savory mix of it is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the The Morrison reviews archive.
- Burgers and Bread PuddingDiningDesignerDined on 7/10/2014Fit out and decor was great - embodied the elevated bar food scene but without the greasy floors. Lots of wood, reclaimed lumber and a nice use of gobo projector to project their logo in light on the adjacent building. The food was good, and the beer list was varied without seeming overwhelming. The "Late Breakfast" burger was the standout, with fried egg, avocado and cheddar pancake. Meal was topped of with five (that's five) kinds of bread pudding! Couldn't do a BP flight to taste the range, but with enough people and crossing of spoons, you could try them all. Only down-side was an early closing time (11pm) on a Thursday night; not sure if it was standard hours or just due to it being a slow day. All in all a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Morrisons sports bar!!tazcatDined on 7/1/2014Great neighborhood find! Love the food and service is Great and they are very friendly. The owner is frequently there at lunch. He is a very personable gentleman.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulVIPDined on 6/14/2014this was a great restaurant, great food, great atmosphere...the food disappeared, it'\s just a beer pub without the scotish flavor which was there in the begining.
- The Morrison RestaurantEkmbd11Dined on 6/13/2014My husband and I and another couple joined us here a few nights ago. Our booth was ready for us when we got there. Our server was very friendly abs attentive. 2 of us ordered burgers and 2 ordered the fish and chips; everything was delish! The brussel sprouts and onion rings were really good too. Will definitely recommended this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bread puddingGreatVIPDined on 6/9/2014My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time and cautiously had small expectations seeing that it is mostly a bar. We were surprised to find nice large booths and great food especially the butterscotch whiskey ice cream bread pudding! Large selection of beers and friendly service
- Burgers & beerMcChungVIPDined on 6/7/2014I wasn't quite sure what to expect at the Morrison, but when I learned that it is owned by the same people behind Stout, it all made sense. Rather than try the burgers though, we opted for the fish & chips, which were very good. My British dining-mates even approved. Since this was a birthday lunch, we were given extra special attention with a sampling of an Irish whisky, a balloon, and a complimentary (and delicious) bread pudding for dessert. A very simple but charming place!Special Features:
- Great bar but menu has changedKyneVIPDined on 5/16/2014Still a great bar, but too bad they dumbed the menu down to burger - gourmet as they may be.Special Features:
- Good Show!jon5ctsVIPDined on 4/27/2014Delicious burgers and sides. Upscale bar food. Outstanding whiskey selection and an impressive beer selection (tap and bottle). If you cannot find something here, well, these's something wrong.Special Features:
- great food, wonderful serviceeatgoodDined on 4/25/2014We ordered a regular burger and a filet minion burger which were great. The filet burger was served on an English muffin with melted cheese which was really good. Because of an error made in the kitchen, the burger had to be remade. The manager came by several time to apologize and provided us with a free bread pudding which was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really worth the waitHungryVIPDined on 4/24/2014Okay burgers and watery drinks you wait a long time to get.
- Craving a burger?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/21/2014If you are craving a burger, the place has it. Ambience is great and drinks are good and solid. As for the burgers, they were ok. My friends like the bacon on the bacon burger and I enjoyed the flavor combination of the shrooms burger but I was the only one that did. If you are looking for something more than a burger/fries and tasty drinks, probably not the place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Gastro PubMargieBDined on 3/1/2014This place is so much fun. The deviled eggs make me happy. There's a pretty good beer list too. The service was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2014My husband and I ate here the other night and it was so good. We ordered the shepards pie , the Brussels sprouts and a burger they were all delectable !!! Our server Michael was so sweet I absolutely adored him , he was very attentive and extremely personable he reccomended we end our dinner with the Bread pudding and I almost died it was out of this world!!! We will definetely be back!!Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in Los Feliz/AOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2014Good food, excellent bar. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. I have been there several times and they have not disappointed yet. This space has been many different things and I think they finally find a winner. Terrific happy hour too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Little Findjon5ctsVIPDined on 2/16/2014Really enjoyed this place. Great service, excellent food and a pretty outstanding selection of whiskey, bourbon, rye and scotch! Oh, and a ton of great beers on tap! Food is creative, beautifully prepared and served. Kale salad was an interesting (very good) take on Caesar salad and the short rib eggs Benedict was pretty outstanding. Didn't have the burgers but they look delicious and I want to try one the next time we are in. Bread Pudding is amazing and maybe the best I've ever had. Some have scoffed at the prices vs. serving size and I can only imagine that they are used to a lesser quality than The Morrison delivers. Prices are certainly in line with the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodieDined on 2/14/2014The flat-iron steak was cooked to perfection, and the bread pudding is highly recommended (one serving can be split by two persons).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceoshinhoDined on 2/14/2014Great tasting food off the happy hour menu. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Drinks & DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2014Great spot for a sports bar vibe. Lots of beers on tap to choose from, a notable cocktail list, comfy booths & a nice long bar section (for those who like to sit at the bar). My favorite thing about this place was the bread pudding (perhaps one of the best ones I've tried), but the food isn't the best. The jam burger would be better if served on a proper bun instead of an English muffin...the meat overwhelms the bread.Special Features:
- Sweet findTsOpinionDined on 1/25/2014We went there for a Scottish celebration and was pleasantly surprised to find it was just like an authentic Scottish Pub. Food is exceptional and staff is very friendly,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful neighborhood restaurant/bOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/20/2014Beautiful neighborhood restaurant/bar. For a Monday night, the place was happening. Great burgers. Fish and chips looked good too. Great service. Will definitely check it out again soon!Special Features:
- Busy Night, Well-HandledJennyGirlDined on 1/11/2014We went to The Morrison on a very, very busy evening. We knew it would be busy beforehand as a large group was having a special event. The staff were very attentive despite the crowd, and we didn't have to wait long to place drink orders or food orders. Food did not come out at the same time, but due to the huge crowd, we weren't upset at all. Our server was great and handled a split bill without rolling her eyes. :) Food was great, beer selection was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks, great food, and NFL SundayHammyVIPDined on 12/29/2013A classy way to watch the games. Great mimosa specials and food. Owner really makes you feel like he cares about each customer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunCOLDTACOVIPDined on 12/21/2013I can check this off the list. Food was ok bartender was very helpful, fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did somebody say 'Scotch'?ChefEmmyDined on 11/9/2013OH... and beer and tasty scotch eggs, burgers, and brussel sprouts!!!! Wonderful spot for a pint. Share some cheesy fries. Brunch on a weekend afternoon - it doesn't get any better!Special Features:
- Okay food, but no characterGladIWentVIPDined on 10/12/2013Too bright, even for brunch. It looks a little too scrubbed and polished. Lower all those chandeliers by a good six inches, lower the lights or add something to the ceiling around the bar area, it looks like a high school cafeteria serving line and put something interesting in all those display cases around the restaurant, it looks like a Bev Mo displaying what booze you carry.Special Features:
- This was a decent place, withslmtVIPDined on 10/10/2013This was a decent place, with friendly servers and good enough food. However, it has a lot more work to do to become a restaurant that I would want to return to. There are not enough waiters in the place and we waited over 20 minutes to get our check, which we finally had to walk it over ourselves. This determined our lack of enthusiasm for the place, and we will be unlikely to return. There were only two TVs available, so it was not a real sports bar. There are plenty of restaurants in LA which offer more. The salad was fine, the shepherd's pie was pretty good. The fish was bland but the chips were cooked perfectly. The bread pudding was by far the most delicious item on the menu. The price was average.Special Features:
- Sunday football with trufflesHammyVIPDined on 10/6/2013Best sports bar for the non fan. Great fancy food, bottomless mimosas, and friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Los Feliz's Little SecretprogdrumrDined on 10/6/2013OpenTable does a great disservice limiting reviews to 750 characters. My first review was over by 1300 or so. I'll make it easy. GO TO THIS RESTAURANT! It's absolutely worth it! The best thing here is their Bread Pudding with house made Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and a Bourbon Butter Sauce. TO DIE FOR!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GastropubLuvDiningOutVIPDined on 9/13/2013Energetic and fun gastropub atmosphere; simple menu with some unusual Scottish dishes, but great hamburgers and some good basic entrees. Very friendly and capable service.Special Features:
- Great whisky bar and burgersOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/13/2013What more could you want? A Scottish theme and drinks that don't mess around. You can't go wrong with any of their burgers--some of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't pretend to be apaulVIPDined on 9/11/2013They don't pretend to be a "classy" joint, but if you want a great hamburger and marvelous beer, have a great time and pleasant service, this is the place. During the Happy Hour the place is full and rumbling, after 7 PM it quiets down, but still great atmospher.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsPointhoarderVIPDined on 9/8/2013They are trying. The burgers were good; both the meat and the vegan. The best part of the charcuterie plate was the spicy mustard. This is an appetizer to avoid unless you like mustard. One of the meats was nothing but fat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ for Shepard's Pie (shortOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/23/2013A+ for Shepard's Pie (short rib), Steak Frites special and Fish & Chips. Had a taste of it all and would definitely order any of those choices again. My drink was a martini but called by another name. It was perfection. They got it just right. Our waitress was fabulous. She took awesome care of us.Special Features:
- We were impressed with theCriticalDined on 8/10/2013We were impressed with the restaurant. The food was very good and very interesting. Glad we made a reservation because they put us in a booth in the back, otherwise it would have been a bit too loud. The scotch list was amazing and the beer list was very good, but we were disappointed that some of the selections on the menu were not available. Overall a fun place....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnusualBandJVIPDined on 7/22/2013We went early on a Monday to take advantage of the 4 to 7 happy hour and meat pie Mondays. Lots of Scotch and Beer. I ordered a Cosmopolitan "up" and an interesting drink came that appeared to not have any cranberry juice at all. Then I ordered a Belgian Beer called "Biere de Miel", they were out of that, so I tried something else. Dinner was a Meat pie and a Shepherds Pie, both were good albeit unusual, lots of good lean meat with hardly any vegetables, I doubt that the Shepherds Pie had any lamb.Salads that were served with both were uninteresting. The bread pudding, great tastes but the metal pot was hot but the center of the pudding was ice cold. We probably will try this place again but will ask the server more questions. Loud spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are looking for a sportsnotamuncherVIPDined on 7/14/2013If you are looking for a sports bar with limited menu this is your place.
- Great selection of beers on tap!torimacDined on 7/6/2013Feeling adventurous? There are lots of beers to try that suit all tastes. The food was very good...the hamburgers got many thumbs up from our group, and those of us who had the fish and chips gave them great reviews as well. We'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementThomasVIPDined on 7/5/2013Went there last night. Restaurant has a cozy vibe, service very sweet and thoughtful. Food, however, could be taken up a notch, even two. I love good solid pub food, but this pub could do a better job selecting fresher ingredients, composing the plates, and generally putting more care and a little more finesse to the offerings. This place reminds me of several Armenian-owned places in Hollywood where they get the look right but not the food.