The Mongolie Grill - Downtown
10104 - 109 St
Edmonton, AB T5J 1M7Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Mongolie Grill - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themongoliegrill.com/
- Phone: 7804200037x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pan-Asian, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Mongolie Grill - Downtown
The Mongolie Grill is a unique family restaurant where you get to channel your inner chef. Customize your own delicious stir-fry at our food bar that is stocked with premium ingredients like freshly picked vegetables, prime meats and seafood, and homemade sauces. There are countless flavour combinations, so get creative! The result is a tasty and healthy meal that is cooked up by our grill masters just for you. Come join us for lunch and dinner, or place your order online for pick up. We look forward to seeing you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Mongolie Grill - Downtown - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
The Mongolie Grill - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)great for lunch (16)kid-friendly (11)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Going downhill!nothappyMGDined on 9/13/2014After eating at Mongolie Grill for years now, I'm very disappointed to say that it's going downhill! Prices are at an extreme high, quality is diminishing, and the restaurant itself is no longer that busy. With the popularity of Groupon, it appears that marketing tool is one of the reasons Mongolie is still afloat!Special Features:
- Never going backHmmmDined on 8/26/2014I was here for the for the first time and my sister and I were very disappointed with price and food. It does not worth 18.99$ Per person for Tuesday lunch with unlimited amount of stir fry ingredients. Their soup was disgusting, and their sauce choices for the stir fry didn't have any significant taste to it. Also we ordered chicken potsticks that cost $9.99, and that was pure disappointment as well. It was small 5 piece chicken dumpling which was NOT worth 9.99$! No wonder there is no customers! I will never go back there again!Special Features:
- Food OK, Service -5/5.MattVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food was OK. Service was ATROCIOUS. One moment that I'll remember for a while as one of the worst service experiences of my life, was when I had my arm raised to request service for about 5 minutes, as the server walked around setting empty tables (ok), chatted with co-workers (not ok), then continued with other things. At one point, another server walked right by me, and we made eye contact, but she ignored us and did not even tell our server that we were waiting on her. I will never be back and I will strongly suggest everyone I know to never give their business to this disgrace of an establishment.
- Made a family birthday very specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday at the downtown Mongolie Grill on Saturday. It's a great spot because our group has varying dietary restictions as well as a finicky daughter. You pick only those foods you can and/or want to eat, and they are cooked to order. Cost does add up - the bowls are weighed, and the totals can be bit high - but the ingredients are first-rate (including fresh veggies, beef, salmon, and and a wide variety of other choices). Our server was friendly and efficient - always there when we needed her, but never hovering or interrupting. A great surprise at the end was a compliementary piece of chocolate cake with a birthday candle - it was delicious and so huge that we were all able to share it. All in all a great evening.Special Features:
- Good FoodfoodloverDined on 6/18/2014I enjoy the choices you can make. You build your own meal with as much or as little as you like. They have an outstanding selection of veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here!LovesnewthingsDined on 6/14/2014Very unique place with great staff. I always feel very welcome. It's a lot of fun creating exactly what I want to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceJyliganDined on 6/5/2014Food is good but a bit overpriced. Great service our waitress was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKROUGAROUDined on 5/30/2014More of a fast food style restaurant that is kinda like Chinese but not as good.
- Dessert Menufoodie88Dined on 5/24/2014Food was good, except for the pineapple, which had a alcoholic taste to it. Informed server, to tell the cooks. Was disappointed with the dessert section. Before going to the restaurant, I browsed the dessert menu online for the downtown location. They had a selection on 6 or so desserts. Upon getting the dessert menu, however, we only had three. There were at least three people in our group that were very much looking forward to a spiced cake that was no longer available. Overall, our experience was enjoyable.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the The Mongolie Grill - Downtown reviews archive.
- Yummy food, great staffRNKVMDined on 5/23/2014I went with my boyfriend on a Friday night. We were seated right away and our server came directly and explained how to order, the specials on (it was stir Friday so if you guessed the price of your dinner within 5cents it was free!). She gave us time to chit chat and peruse the drinks list. After choosing our complementary soup we went up to make our stirfry. Everything looked fresh and clean. It was nice to know what exactly was in your dish; you get to pick what you want. We chose the complementary rice and went back to our table. Our food was ready within minutes! Everything tasted delicious. The server gave us a free sample of freshly baked chocolate cake! Used a groupon, and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MG is a good place for groups,annabellee78VIPDined on 3/31/2014MG is a good place for groups, everyone can make their own meals and its fun. However, there should be a discount for vegetarian only meals - I find MG to be quite expensive as a vegetarian.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodgeericeDined on 3/29/2014We are never disappointed with the food at mongolie grill. However the service was sparse - we had a group of 10 and it took forever for us to get our bills and then once we did it took FOREVER to get a debit machine so we could pay. It was sort of a sad end to a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the make your own stirfrylivebreatheenjoyDined on 3/16/2014Loved the make your own stirfry and LOVED the hot and sour soupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodJacfishDined on 2/28/2014Although it looked promising, it turned out to be a huge disappointment. We were not impressed, the price was crazy, the food was way over cooked and the service was poor. It was an experience that I will not repeat for sure.
- If You Love Stir FryDcrousuDined on 2/16/2014If you love stir fry, you'll love Mongolie Grill. You select your own ingredients, pay for your meal by weight, and leave the cooking to the experts at the large round grill. After several visits, I have learned to mentally plan my meal ahead of time. On my last visit, it was seafood all the way, along with suitable vegetables and noodles. It has also taken me awhile to discover the sauces I prefer for seafood, beef, chicken, or pork. Each time I go, I enjoy the experience more! Our extended family loves the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014this is one of my favorite resurants because i love stirfrys and i love how you can pick your own things that is my favorite part and my other favorite part is the wonton soup :) i reccomend everyone too try :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was great except for the fact they advertised their Valentines dinner for the price for $60.00 and we were a little upset that they were charging $70.00 to all patrons, I thought that they should have honored the posted price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New additions to the foodMose69VIPDined on 2/7/2014New additions to the food bar are great! Love all the promotions too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/27/2014The food is always great and the choice is excellent. Our waitress was GREAT. My only complaint is that this is the second time we have gone at 6-630 pm and they have been out of marinated beef on the one occasion and the fat noodles on the second occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentNIcolaDined on 1/17/2014We always love this restaurant as you direct what you eat. It was busier this time and for the first time ever, there were empty containers and it was a little slow getting replenished but still a great meal. I was very impressed that we were able to change one soup that a member of the group didn't like with no fuss from the server. I like the staff at this restaurant, always pleasant!Special Features:
- ExpensiveDineDined on 12/19/2013Too expensive for what you get one bowl was $40, majority $30.
- Good cold, but ambiance niceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013We wouldn't have cared where we were, but the ambiance was pretty good. I wish myself and the other guests food had been warm though. It was great food (I eclectically loved the tofu), but it came back to us very very slow, and all lukewarm and dry. The waitress was helpful to bring us out choice of sauces, and heated them up, thankfully, but the food had to chance to ever warm up. At home, I would have warmed my guests plates, and perhaps served the food in oversize much more rounded bowls, yo keep the heat. We had to shout to hear each other during dinner also, and we would have loved to be able to visit more. We did appreciate that the two vegetarian meals we got has the 20% off. Cheers.Special Features:
- Enjoyed my VisitTamaraDined on 11/30/2013I enjoyed visiting this restaurant. It was my first time eating here and our Server was very helpful and nice. The meal was tasty, and I felt full after. I didn't spend a lot of money, and I got plenty to eat. I like it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outsevcikm3Dined on 10/12/2013My boyfriend and I celebrated our one-year anniversary here and it was wonderful. The food and service was good and it was a nice romantic place. We didn't notice the music or noise too much, so we were able to talk. We also got a free dessert! I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-Attentive StaffMathRocksDined on 10/2/2013While the intention of the restaurant is by nature rather self serve this does not belay the fact that customers would still appreciate the basics of service. We started with the soup and after we finished, we were amused to see that our server came to our table with our drinks and the person who brought our food also came to our table yet our empty soup bowls remained. We moved the bowls to the end of the table closest to the wait staff to see what would happen and yet they remained there until the end of our meal (she actually had to work around them to put down our bill). No offer to refill drinks and at the end of the meal we gave up waiting to pay so paid another staff at the bar. Needless to say the tip reflected the service.
- Filled me upReviewManVIPDined on 10/1/2013This is a good buffet with lots of choice. Be sure to try the grilled cheesecake which is very light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMemeDined on 10/1/2013We sat at table 22, our waitress was out of this world great, friendly, perfect timing, really enjoyed the food, it's nice to have a healthy restaurant with fresh food, and lots of choice, highly recommend this spot, thanks :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCasablancaDined on 8/18/2013Was a great night to take a friend for his first time. He will recommend to his friends the exeptional food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night outDalFDined on 8/13/2013Us girls sat outside, and enjoyed the weather, the view, the food and each other's company Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!XsgeargrinderDined on 8/9/2013This place is always great! Never had a bad experience. The food is well prepped and the selection plenty. I love that they offered extra sauce on the side after your chef cooked it all and I recommend asking for the wraps as well ;). Enjoy!Special Features:
- Good food,but no sauce?EzkapeDined on 6/21/2013The food was great, well everything but the sauce, and the sauce all evaporates when then cook it, but maybe they should weigh the food after they cook it, makes more senseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh vegetables andMose69VIPDined on 6/19/2013Always fresh vegetables and meat make the best stir-fry. Great service and overall dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Slow Servicecodegirl72Dined on 6/14/2013I do love the Mongolie Grill, specially for a group. Everyone can have exactly what they want. The only problem we had this lunch was it took way to long to get our food. We ended up being back to work extreamly late. If they want to cater to the lunch crowd, then they need to come up with a way to get the food out faster.
- Great for picky eaters, vegetariansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2013Great for picky eaters, vegetarians, carnivors. You load your bowl with exactly what and how much you feel like eating. Custom made meal - can't get much better than that.Special Features:
- great tasting food, friendlyMortyDined on 6/7/2013great tasting food, friendly service, a bit pricy for type of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had better..FoodieGirlDined on 5/29/2013Don't get me wrong the concept is great, just the taking out of it falls short. The meat tends to be over grilled, and the vegetables water downed.. For the price that is set per ounce it is a bit of a joke when I can buy 3 burger meals at McDonalds for the price of one bowl; the quality of the food should match the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Meal I've Ever MadeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013This was my 4th visit to Mongolie Grill; 3rd to the downtown location. I love the concept of being able to choose all the ingredients & sauces - stirs my experimental drive. Good food and a fun experience.Special Features:
- SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Everything was great except the window seats were a little crowded and i am not a big person.Special Features:
- Once again a perfect stirfryMose69VIPDined on 4/5/2013Once again a perfect stirfry consisting of wonderful ingredients prepared and seasoned exactly how I like it and brought piping hot to my table in a short matter of time. Wonderful service as usual!Special Features:
- Uncharacteristically slow!NotComingBackDined on 3/17/2013Normally we have no problems eating here, however we waited over 35 minutes for our food to arrive - definitely not a good thing.I would recommend this to a friend.