The Mint Dallas
4246 Oak Lawn Ave
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
The Mint Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.asianmint.com/
- Phone: 2142196468
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM
Brunch: Saturday: 12:00PM - 5:00PM.
Dinner:Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 9:30PM
Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Executive Chef: Nikky Phinyawatana
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We love catering! We have done many events in the highland park and park cities area with a high repeat service rate. We are affordable and cater to your needs from a simple pick up catering trays to a full service staffed event ranging from 8 guests to 600 guests.
Please contact Nikky directly at email@example.com
A word from The Mint Dallas
The Mint is a unique concept of a Thai fusion restaurant with a chic atmosphere and hospitable service. The Mint has been ranked on many top ten best restaurant lists including Dallas Morning News, Citysearch, Daily Candy, and D Magazine. Our menu carries Asian-fusion flavors theme with farm-fresh ingredients and beautiful presentation. Entrees are moderately portioned and priced for a satisfying, delicious meal. Top off your dinner and dessert with one of our specialty martinis, an extensive sustainable wine list,and gourmet Italian illy coffee drinks. Come enjoy great food and conversations in a relaxing atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mint Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Yum!macnmiaDined on 7/7/2014Restaurant was small, crowded and noisy--but that is part of the fun of going to a popular local joint! The food was yummy and unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch spotbonbonVIPDined on 7/7/2014I had a yummy lunch with the girls. The presentation of the food was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 44 reviews are from the The Mint Dallas reviews archive.
- AMAZINMona4romDubaiDined on 5/3/2014I go there at least once a week, their Phad Thi and the Pineapple fried Rice is the BOMB - love their sea food its always so fresh, the Green curry is amazing, their Green Tea Sticky rice with mango is desert is also amazing!! Love it, I have been going there for over a year now, and ts always great!!! keep yup the good work you guys :)Special Features:
- The MintLikeThaiDined on 12/16/2013Wasn't conducive to casually enjoying a meal. Loud and hurried. Food was ok, prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Soggy edamameMarkFromDallasVIPDined on 11/27/2013Service was a bit lack luster. Took a while for an order and three water glasses came out for a table of 4. Edamame was over cooked. Rest of meal was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai BreakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2013Doesn't inspire from strip mall entrance but interior is inviting. Smiling friendly service. Killer expresso martini. Very good food served up swiftly. Will be back next time in Dallas...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty ThaiOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/22/2013In Dallas on business and was hoping for a pleasant Thai experience. The Mint did not disappoint. Dined with 5 business colleagues on a Wednesday night. The restaurant was nearly full, yet the service was fast, attentive and at our pace - not rushed. The food was wonderful in both taste and freshness. Would dine again in future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great menu and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2013A great menu and attentive service combine to make this small restaurant a worthy stop. The selection of soothing, yet compelling, piped in music give it a unique ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantAshleyDined on 8/12/2013The Mint is a great restaurant. The atmosphere was great and the food was even better. Good for a date but also good for a small group. Service was fast. The only drawback is the right space. People had to move tables in order to leave from their seats. Overall, a wonderful experience and I will definitely go back when I visit Dallas again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood asset!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013Great place to get good Asian cuisine. Imaginative drink menu. Overall, a very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good thing I love the whole menu...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/1/2013The food here is exquisite! Just about everything on the menu is absolutely delicious. Which is a good thing... since the last time I was there, the waitress got two of out three orders wrong. We didn't have time to correct her, so we ate what we were given (yellow curry instead of red curry, white rice instead of brown rice). On the upside, the food came out very quickly.Special Features:
- Dependably tasty.CarolynVIPDined on 2/14/2013The Mint is always consistent. None of our dishes were less than good; although some weren't quite excellent, either. Usually Mint is above average overall, and this time they remained true to this record. The meat is of a quality that keeps us coming back (nothing "scary", like some Thai/Asian places), and the server kept bringing us more green tea, regardless of how many cups we drank.
- Food is good overall, butDavidTVIPDined on 1/31/2013Food is good overall, but don't expect traditional Thai...or other Asian cuisines. Two of our party of three asked for our Thai dishes to be made spicy, and they were both so "un-spicy" you could've fed them to your baby. Not bad...just no spiciness. So this place is good if you're taking Thai food novices or people that do not like their food spicy.
- Always crowded at lunch, butDrBranchVIPDined on 1/7/2013Always crowded at lunch, but the best Thai food in the area for sure. It's also nice for dinner. Consistently good food and vibe.Special Features:
- Great food, a bit rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012The food was excellent and the waitstaff very nice. I did, however, feel very rushed through the meal, with a waitress seeming to hover nearby to grab our plates and hustle off with them the second it seemed like we might be done. I wasn't actually done with the appetizer when she took the plate. Since it was my husband's birthday and we were splurging on the meal, feeling rushed was kind of disappointing. Other than that, though, it was a very nice place with excellent food. If you don't mind the "in and out" approach to dining, then this is a great place to go!Special Features:
- The Mint is a great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/19/2012The Mint is a great lunch place. Good food at a reasonable price. Try it for a gathering of friends but not too large of a group without reservations. The restaurant is small and the tables are packed in so getting enough space for a large group may be problematic.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere / only good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2012This was my first visit to The Mint and after reading the positive reviews, I was disappointed in my $25 lunch as was my dining companion. Service was fine but our server didn't utter a word to us other than, "Something to drink?" I had the salmon in curry which was fine but for $20, I expected more. Great location and atmosphere/design is excellent. The place was packed. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing....would give it another try.
- Always a Pleasure! We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2012Always a Pleasure! We have been going to the Mint for several years. The ingredients are fresh, classic Thai food! I like that they serve organic wines & beer too!Special Features:
- Service was lacking. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/21/2012Service was lacking. Server was not paying attention, we felt ignored having to ask for everything we needed.Special Features:
- Stopped in on way to MavsOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/15/2012Stopped in on way to Mavs game after blindly following the lead on OpenTable. Turned out to be a great find...Tasteful Thai food, played right down the middle, full bar, and attentive service.Special Features:
- Loved it. It was cute, cozy,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Loved it. It was cute, cozy, food was good.half off wine bottles on Tuesday's!!Special Features:
- A gem tucked away in a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/16/2012A gem tucked away in a small strip mall -- close to upscale shops. Walked in and was cheerfully and pleasantly greeted. Electric atmosphere -- very techno look and feel. Cool lighting. Ultra modern seating arrangements, and banquette-style, too. Interesting and fresh cocktail menu. Wonderful menu, laid out by food topic. Easy to browse and choose. I had a dish labeled as "crunchy" -- and boy was it. Was easy for me to ask for extra heat. Very pleasant wait staff -- didn't smother, but didn't let me languish, either. Loved every minute. Fresh food, new ways prepared. A gem!Special Features:
- Always great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/4/2012Always great food and service. Terrible that even though a reservation was made through open table we still had to wait to be seated.Special Features:
- The food at the MINT was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011The food at the MINT was very good Thai with fresh sauces. Having been to Thailand many times on business, I found the food fairly authentic for American-Thai. My one disappointment was the service level - speed. The restaurant was a bit understaffed as basic things like getting a spoon took longer than reasonable.
- The food was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011The food was delicious. The wait staff was attentive but not overly so. Two thumbs way up for this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The food is good and reliable,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/20/2011The food is good and reliable, but not "knock your socks off". I will return, but I do wish I didn't always leave with the feeling that they have all the stuff chopped up in the kitchen and then just add it to the broth to make the meal. Shouldn't the vegetables and protein be cooked with the broth to add that flavor?
- Excellent no-fuss Asian fusionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2011Excellent no-fuss Asian fusion cuisine on Oak Lawn in Dallas. Beer, wine, full bar. I went with a group of 6 people (we had made a reservation) and enjoyed it. I'd definitely recommend this to people looking for unpretentious and moderately priced Asian dining.Special Features:
- I have been a Mint fan forGarygDined on 8/4/2011I have been a Mint fan for years. I especially liked the Oak Lawn location because it is less frenetic and much quieter. Who knows how long this will last?Special Features:
- Spectacular! The best dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2011Spectacular! The best dinner I had in Dallas..and I am picky about my Thai food!Special Features:
- This restaurant did not honorOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/14/2011This restaurant did not honor the Open Table reservation and were quite rude about it.
- Food was excellent and waitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2011Food was excellent and wait staff very knowledgable We asked for some special prep and they were more than willing to assistSpecial Features:
- The food was most disappointing.2chopsticksVIPDined on 6/14/2011The food was most disappointing. It's definitely design for the amateurish American's pallete. There's no taste to the pad kee meow which is suppose to be full of flavor. Will not come back.
- Very good and consistent ThaiDallasDinesVIPDined on 5/9/2011Very good and consistent Thai food! I am looking forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- One of my top 10 picks in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2011So far I have not been disappointed while dining at the Mint. The food is always good with sizable portions. The tables are a little close together. The service sometimes is a little slow. And it can be noisy when they are busy. But I do not care about all that. I go there for the food. I might start doing more take out...Special Features:
- It's my favorite place! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2011It's my favorite place! The pad kee mow to die for.Special Features:
- As with all of my experiencesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2011As with all of my experiences with the Mint dallas... We had another great meal. We started with the spicy hot Texas roll... My friend was not impressed (it was OK). I enjoyed the Spicey Duck Salad, while my friend ordered, and enjoyed, the Orange Chicken... Service was excellent.Special Features:
- The crab pad Thai was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011The crab pad Thai was absolutely to die for. The appetizers we tried were lackluster, but the ambiance was fun.
- Good food. Reasonable price.EB10Dined on 2/14/2011Good food. Reasonable price. Ok service. Service wasn't bad; friendly but not at all attentive. I'd return here again with the expectation to flag any one to get what I need.Special Features:
- Overall Mint was not whatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/10/2011Overall Mint was not what we had expected. It truly is a neighborhood "joint" for UP. The original Mint on Forest Lane is better in all ways. Here the service was terrible. Our server was pleasant but she was slow as could be. We had multiple courses served at the same time, and with Mint's small tables the table becomes croweded quickly. The restaurant is tight! If you don't like rubbing elbows (literaly) with you neighborhood, or you perfer a more intamate setting where others won't be able to hear your conversation then Mint is not for you. Food is good at best. Great spring rolls with peanut dressing, cool and refreshing. Pad tai lacked depth in flavor, and Tom Yum soup was decent, but nothing memorable.Special Features:
- The service and the food arefoodieDined on 1/27/2011The service and the food are always excellent. It's a great place to go with friends or family.Special Features: