The Mill Kitchen and Bar
590 Mimosa Blvd
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Mill Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 7708179345x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday– Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm: – 9:00pm
Sunday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Limited Mid-Day Menu Available 3:00pm-5:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu Available 9:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
Late Night Bar Menu Available 10:00pm-11:00pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ben Castro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering for off-site events. Please call the restaurant directly and ask for a manager on duty, or our event coordinator Karin Welte.
- Entertainment: Live music Saturday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- Special Events: Please follow us on twitter (@themillroswell) for updates on special events like beer dinners, wine dinners, concert series, or anything else!
A word from The Mill Kitchen and Bar
Modernized, Southern Comfort Food in Roswell, GA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Mill Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (53)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (20)great for lunch (19)special occasion (19)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)scenic view (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- VitoDined on 9/13/2014This was our first experience and it was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Supports local farmersIgorhawaiianDined on 9/11/2014The Mill has creative dishes as well as old Southern ones so it offers a nice selection. Food was delicious as the vegetables were so fresh. Outdoor dining is a but noisy because of traffic but inside is a more quiet atmosphere conducive to conversation. I will definitely visit again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the pationinacarpVIPDined on 9/9/2014food, as always was great. enjoyed shrimp & grits, fried chicken, greens, mac & cheese. decent wine selection.Special Features:
- Great Dinning in Roswell anytime OKAngelina619WilshireSM1960Dined on 9/3/2014The food was very good and the service was great, though no bread was offered and no water was offered also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Roswell restaurantDBenedettoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Mill is excellent for breakfast/brunch and good for dinner. It is A good restaurant for Roswell since is not in the middle of the Canton Street traffic and has its own parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful patioPorscheSADined on 8/29/2014Been to The Mill many times. I love the atmosphere. They have an attractive patio and do an excellent job with service when seated there. The food is good and their Watermelon Salad is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGreatServiceVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and atmosphere were good as always, but our service by Krista was top notch!Special Features:
- Birthday at The MillLindaLDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated two girlfriends' birthdays at The Mill!!!! Perfect table and service. No problem dividing the birthday girls' checks between the group. Food was delicious. The pimiento cheese BLT was to die for. We would and have been there numerous times. It's a fun thing to just stop by the bar in the evening for a glass of vino and chatter.Special Features:
- Mill Kitchen and BardbhcluVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second visit to this Roswell spot. It has a pleasant atmosphere, with live music outside on the patio. Menu is mainly southern specialties, such as fried chicken, shrimp and grits, etc. Food was good, but not outstanding. Meatloaf was fine, if not a bit heavy. Wife enjoyed the grouper special. Others in the party had fried chicken, which they all enjoyed. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Noise level inside is quite loud. Chef did appear at our table to check on the meals. We will likely return, but not immediately.Special Features:
- disappointedVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great looking restaurant and we liked their concept but food was average.
- A Nice Evening with FriendsShamadoDined on 8/3/2014The Mill provides a great atmosphere for casual dining. I had the grouper with wild mushroom risotto. It was excellent. My wife had the "out of the garden" vegetables which were also well done. Overall a nice experience. We ate inside. They do have a great patio but it is along Roswell Rd so you will deal with some road noise. We will be back and would recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Great Date Nightj2rcleoDined on 8/2/2014We loved the bar area with high top tables. Service was top-notch. There is always something creative on the menu. This week we loved the pork cheeks. You have to try them!Special Features:
- Return trip was just as goodsolsonDined on 8/1/2014Took 2 friends that hadn't been here before for dinner. They were delighted with the menu and the service that we got. We wanted to eat outside, but the main patio was filled so they offered us the 'front porch'. I was a little concerned because we would have been the only table seated (option of only 3 tables) and I was afraid that our server would forget about us. Not the case!! He was awesome, and checked back with us often. Thanks for letting us enjoy a great dinner and conversation between old friends.Special Features:
- Good foodAsteedDined on 7/22/2014Good food, great service, noisy. We have a rehearsal dinner scheduled here in October so we wanted to try the food once more to make sure everything was still good. We enjoyed all the dishes we had. The food had been reheated obviously because when you stir it the first time steam poured out. It was too hot to eat when we first got it. The shrimp and grits had an overwhelming smoke taste...liquid smoke?? Will not chose that for our meal. Fried chicken was good as as the Mac and cheese. Greens were just ok. There was a family birthday party with 2 children under 4 running around bare footed. Not good for the atmosphere...nothing the restaurant could do. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food So So, Atmosphere greatYumYumATLDined on 7/19/2014Great bar and restaurant atmosphere in general...especially outdoor dining! Fried chicken was slightly burned. Grouper was slightly overcooked. Appetizer hushpuppies was very good. I'd give it another try but the kitchen needs to tweak a few things. On a Saturday night the restaurant was only about 40% full....hmmm...Special Features:
- Second try - still OKRoswellDinerDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. The first time we felt that the food tasted a little bland for how beautifully it was presented. We tried different entrees this time and felt the same way - a little bland. We have now had the duck special, the fried chicken, the shrimp and grits, and he waygu steak and would not pick any of these entrees if we came again. The specialty cocktails are great and the service is excellent. We would likely come for drinks and appetizers. The ambience is so fabulous and the people here are so nice that I hope they flavor things up a bit. I really want this local restaurant to do well.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the BrunchSeedFanDined on 7/13/2014OpenTable made the reservation easy. Greeted by pleasant staff. Good choices on menu. Enjoyed eating outside at umbrella table. Fast service. Excellent, fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jevqVIPDined on 7/12/2014Dining room too noisy and too bright. Tables too close. Very difficult to have conversation. Would probably eat at bar or bar area next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice time at The MillFrankDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have come here on several occasions and have always had great, friendly service and excellent food. We will be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiencehappycustomer9653Dined on 7/11/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was amazing. We had 3 non-waiters checking to make sure everything was perfect. It was quiet, scenic, and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieforlifeDined on 7/11/2014Had been to The Mill for Sunday brunch and sat outside. Loved it, so decided to come back for dinner with my husband. Food was delicious! Wine and beer choices were great! Love that their ingredients are farmed locally. The chefs visited the tables which is always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service but....Etfsu01Dined on 7/11/2014Not sure that we will return. The apps are overpriced for the options. I had the shrimp and grits which was good for a few bites but extremely rich (and salty). Two members of my group had the fried chicken which was overpriced for the portion and they said it was brined too long. (No breast, just a thigh and leg for $18.). Another member had the pork shoulder and it was very dry. Presentation of food and atmosphere is great but....if you want to make it in the downtown Roswell area you have to get the food quality and pricing right.
- Pleasantly surprisedgr8placeDined on 6/27/2014The Mill Kitchen and Bar is on Mimosa Blvd and off of the Canton Street scene. The food was fantastic, the service was outstanding and overall, we really enjoyed this restaurant as it was our 1st time visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good (not great) southern foodRoswellDinerDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I ate at The Mill Kitchen and Bar for the first time this weekend. We found the food to be presented beautifully but a little bland in taste. We sampled a couple of their cocktail specials and found them to be unique and delicious! Service was excellent. We have also eaten at Table and Main up the street which has similar cuisine. Having eaten there twice we both agreed that the food there was much more flavorful than at the Mill. We would give the Mill another try though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was phenominalEEarlDined on 6/27/2014It's been a few weeks since our meal, but I wanted to give our server special recognition. My wife has some dietary restrictions and our server stayed on top of them, not only recommending alternative items, but also working closely the kitchen staff to be sure there were no oversights. He also took the time to field a call from one of our guests that had gotten lost, providing directions. We don't find this level of care often. Our appreciation of his professionalism was reflected in his tip. Regarding cusine, we have always felt the meals were well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- First Time But Not Lastsparkle1908Dined on 6/22/2014My first time visiting the restaurant and we tried the calamari, watermelon and beet salad and the shrimp & grits. I give high marks on the starter items both of which were better than I anticipated. The shrimp & grits were a bit spicy for my taste but I would definitely visit the restaurant again and perhaps dine outside as they have a really nice patio dining area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, small portionsBeyonceVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went for brunch. The food and ambience were outstanding. The portions were smaller than expected for the price.Special Features:
- JB79Dined on 6/15/2014Delicious! We went here for Father's Day and were very impressed. We had the best deviled eggs I've ever tasted!! Great food, great service, great atmosphere!!Special Features:
- A great addition to RoswellOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2014Although this restaurant is not brand new anymore it was the first time I went to eat there. It lived up to the accolades many of our friends had given it. Great good and ambiance. Will definitely be frequenting this spot for good eats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 202 reviews are from the The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- mill kitchen and barnancycohenDined on 5/20/2014What a beautiful old building, very romantic. Food was delicious, drinks were ambitious. Used locally grown and farmed food. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and the history of the building.Special Features:
- Food, 10. Service 3ATLdinerDined on 5/11/2014The Mill Kitchen and Bar is a lovely place to dine, provided you have set aside enough time for your meal. Although we made a reservation and the restaurant was moderately busy, we were slow to be seated. Once seated, our waitstaff was very attentive, but nonetheless we waited over an hour for our meals. I enjoyed the food, but I'm not sure how often I can fit in such a leisurely dining experience.Special Features:
- not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014.I would not recommend this restaurant. The server was slow, we had to constantly ask for silverware and water.
- Cool Southern FoodAthena42Dined on 5/7/2014My husband and I tried this out for a mid-week date night, and we were seated immediately outside on request (even though our table was reserved inside) in the beautiful weather. Although the sever was a little slow to greet our table, and the bar was backed up for our drink orders, they kept us posted so we wouldn't wonder, and candidly, they were faster than I think they thought they were. The food was exceptional as was the ambiance. I had the pimento cheese fritters and watermelon salad that were both incredible. My husband had the fried chicken and mac n cheese, that he said was some of the best he had had in years. The desserts we creative and pretty tasty, if not to-die-for - we had the deconstructed rhubarb pie and PB&J.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere, Friendly StaffClassicSouthernCuisineVIPDined on 5/7/2014The food is very fun and takes a new spin on classics - the drinks are very well made and most of them are reasonably priced. The staff all seem like they really enjoy their job, which makes the experience even more relaxing and fun. Overall, a great place for brunch and after work drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaDined on 4/28/2014We had a late lunch, so the restaurant is almost empty. The service was not great, but we will certainly return.Special Features:
- New favorite lunch spotQuest4foodDined on 4/25/2014The food was absolutely delicious, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and the decor has a warm, inviting upscale farmhouse feel. I just can't wait to go back at night to try those signature cocktails!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful patioWinendine84Dined on 4/20/2014I dined at the Mill Kitchen and Bar for the first time recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. My family and I ate there early Sunday evening so there was a relatively small crowd. We sat on the patio, which is beautiful,complete with stone fireplace and views of the Roswell Square. My steak was very tasty and I had a bite of both the fried chicken and meatloaf which were both delicious as well. They have a great selection of draft beer and wine. I was a bit disappointed to find that two items on the menu were no longer available to order, but it was a busy holiday weekend which made it understandable. I will definitely be going back to try some of the other enticing menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findJamesVIPDined on 4/3/2014Good variety of menu items. Acoustics in dining room not good to allow for conversation, regardless of the number of people in the room.Special Features:
- Will give it another try...VernickVIPDined on 3/30/2014We wanted to walk & not many of the places in the area are open for brunch so we tried the Mill. My husband is allergic to gluten so he ordered sausage with eggs & grits. The eggs & sausage was good but he was disappointed that the grits were cheese (not on the menu). I had the french toast which is my fav. It was different, upon seeing it I was willing to try but my third bite was raw. I had a kidney transplant & can't eat raw food so that was out. I did replace it with the house made sticky buns which were amazing! I heard another waitress selling specials, but didn't get to hear them. Really nice space, even though it did seem they were trying to duplicate some of Holman & Finch's brunch, I'd give it another try for more sticky buns.Special Features:
- 2nd time in a row here withOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/25/20142nd time in a row here with issues with food. this time, they were out of 1st 3 wines I attempted to order. (heard someone else ordering prosecco and out of that one too). We asked for bread and were told it was being reserved for a private party upstairs later that evening and "what are you to do when the bride requests lots of bread?" How about making enough food to serve your regular paying customers as well vs just reserving it for later? food was served in a cold cast iron dish (not cooked in it) so food became cold within minutes. If you are going to charge $18 for a slice of meatloaf you have to step it up some. I really want to love this place as its so close by, but so far I've had misses with the food more than anything.