The Mill Kitchen and Bar
590 Mimosa Blvd
Roswell, GA 30075Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Mill Kitchen and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillkitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 7708179345x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday– Saturday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Sunday - 5:00pm: – 9:00pm
Sunday: 12:30pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 12:00am
Limited Mid-Day Menu Available 3:00pm-5:00pm
Late Night Bar Menu Available 9:00pm-10:00pm Tuesday-Thursday
Late Night Bar Menu Available 10:00pm-11:00pm Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Ben Castro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer catering for off-site events. Please call the restaurant directly and ask for a manager on duty, or our event coordinator Karin Welte.
- Entertainment: Live music Saturday nights from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
- Special Events: Please follow us on twitter (@themillroswell) for updates on special events like beer dinners, wine dinners, concert series, or anything else!
A word from The Mill Kitchen and Bar
Modernized, Southern Comfort Food in Roswell, GA.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Mill Kitchen and Bar - Best Restaurants in Roswell ›
The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (60)neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (25)great for brunch (21)special occasion (21)great for lunch (21)romantic (15)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)hot spot (6)Show More
- Hidden Gemyum2yumDined on 10/11/2014The Mill is definitely a hidden Gem in Roswell. The food quality is outstanding and the freshness is unlike any other. This is a place we will be returning to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SidewalksallysidewalksallyVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food and the evening was very pleasent. Nice place to come back to.Special Features:
- JuliaDined on 10/8/2014The food was ok, but overly fussy in my opinion. Too much going on at one time - I appreciate the combination of contrasting flavors but it almost seems like they don't know when to stop adding things to a dish. The restaurant itself was nice - very simple, clean decor, nice patio. Service was great - very attentive. Overall it was ok.Special Features:
- Highly Recommended!!topeldnerDined on 10/4/2014Great food... Great Atmosphere. The outside are should be a huge hit for the fall season. We will be going back again soon.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricefoodie1234Dined on 10/3/2014For the amount of money spent I have had much better meals. Had trout and it was burnt. Ran out of the special at 8? Service was slow and just not overly impressed. Doubt I would go back.Special Features:
- Great outdoor space...food so-soDanGDined on 9/27/2014They have a wonderful outdoor patio space with stacked stone fireplace. Really enjoyed this restaurant when it was Relish... Now not so much. They did tell us they were transitioning to their new Autumn menu, but it was not very good. Ordered a bourbon cocktail and waiter said "it's usually not this light colored... I think they must have gotten in a hurry with the bacon/simple syrup reduction. They usually reduce the mixture longer than this".... Really? My wife had the seafood boiullabase but the fish on top was full of bones. Virtually unedible as she had to continually pick out pin bones. I had the veal and venison meatloaf. Flavor was good but it obviously didn't set up as they wanted. It was more like ground beef than a meatloaf.Special Features:
- Great lunch menuDiningoutDined on 9/25/2014The pimento BLT is excellent as is the Reuben. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations?HDRADined on 9/20/2014The food was great, and the service was good except one issue. I had reservations, we showed up 20 minutes early so we could get a drink at the bar. The hostess checked us in and said she would come get us when our table was ready. 40 minutes later, still at the bar. So we asked and are told that the only table available is in the bar area, in the corner. Really? We could have just eaten at the bar. Oh well. Otherwise everything was good.Special Features:
- Good FoodFrizzleDined on 9/20/2014Good food, service and ambiance. Bring your date for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent food. local and fresh!PaladinsmamaVIPDined on 9/19/2014Don't miss the cheese fritters. Outstanding! Wonderful food and all local food. Not lacking in flavor. Thank you for using real bread and cheese for kids menu! I hate to see packaged bread with chemicals and fake processed cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great inside and outCindyDined on 9/14/2014Our food was fabulous but our waiter truly MADE our whole experience. He connected with my husband and I and he was able to figure out what we would like and what he could recommend. We talked a little about wines and he even brought me a sample of a terrific malbec to try with my steak. Timing for the meal was perfect and we couldn't have been happier with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VitoDined on 9/13/2014This was our first experience and it was very pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our waitress Chloe was wonderful. The food was delicious as always! She was attentive, but also allowed us to relax and enjoy our wine after our meal.Special Features:
- Supports local farmersIgorhawaiianDined on 9/11/2014The Mill has creative dishes as well as old Southern ones so it offers a nice selection. Food was delicious as the vegetables were so fresh. Outdoor dining is a but noisy because of traffic but inside is a more quiet atmosphere conducive to conversation. I will definitely visit again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner on the pationinacarpVIPDined on 9/9/2014food, as always was great. enjoyed shrimp & grits, fried chicken, greens, mac & cheese. decent wine selection.Special Features:
- Great Dinning in Roswell anytime OKAngelina619WilshireSM1960Dined on 9/3/2014The food was very good and the service was great, though no bread was offered and no water was offered also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Roswell restaurantDBenedettoVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Mill is excellent for breakfast/brunch and good for dinner. It is A good restaurant for Roswell since is not in the middle of the Canton Street traffic and has its own parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful patioPorscheSADined on 8/29/2014Been to The Mill many times. I love the atmosphere. They have an attractive patio and do an excellent job with service when seated there. The food is good and their Watermelon Salad is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceGreatServiceVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food and atmosphere were good as always, but our service by Krista was top notch!Special Features:
- Birthday at The MillLindaLDined on 8/22/2014We celebrated two girlfriends' birthdays at The Mill!!!! Perfect table and service. No problem dividing the birthday girls' checks between the group. Food was delicious. The pimiento cheese BLT was to die for. We would and have been there numerous times. It's a fun thing to just stop by the bar in the evening for a glass of vino and chatter.Special Features:
- Mill Kitchen and BardbhcluVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our second visit to this Roswell spot. It has a pleasant atmosphere, with live music outside on the patio. Menu is mainly southern specialties, such as fried chicken, shrimp and grits, etc. Food was good, but not outstanding. Meatloaf was fine, if not a bit heavy. Wife enjoyed the grouper special. Others in the party had fried chicken, which they all enjoyed. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Noise level inside is quite loud. Chef did appear at our table to check on the meals. We will likely return, but not immediately.Special Features:
- disappointedVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great looking restaurant and we liked their concept but food was average.
- A Nice Evening with FriendsShamadoDined on 8/3/2014The Mill provides a great atmosphere for casual dining. I had the grouper with wild mushroom risotto. It was excellent. My wife had the "out of the garden" vegetables which were also well done. Overall a nice experience. We ate inside. They do have a great patio but it is along Roswell Rd so you will deal with some road noise. We will be back and would recommend it to anybody.Special Features:
- Great Date Nightj2rcleoDined on 8/2/2014We loved the bar area with high top tables. Service was top-notch. There is always something creative on the menu. This week we loved the pork cheeks. You have to try them!Special Features:
- Return trip was just as goodsolsonVIPDined on 8/1/2014Took 2 friends that hadn't been here before for dinner. They were delighted with the menu and the service that we got. We wanted to eat outside, but the main patio was filled so they offered us the 'front porch'. I was a little concerned because we would have been the only table seated (option of only 3 tables) and I was afraid that our server would forget about us. Not the case!! He was awesome, and checked back with us often. Thanks for letting us enjoy a great dinner and conversation between old friends.Special Features:
- Good foodAsteedDined on 7/22/2014Good food, great service, noisy. We have a rehearsal dinner scheduled here in October so we wanted to try the food once more to make sure everything was still good. We enjoyed all the dishes we had. The food had been reheated obviously because when you stir it the first time steam poured out. It was too hot to eat when we first got it. The shrimp and grits had an overwhelming smoke taste...liquid smoke?? Will not chose that for our meal. Fried chicken was good as as the Mac and cheese. Greens were just ok. There was a family birthday party with 2 children under 4 running around bare footed. Not good for the atmosphere...nothing the restaurant could do. Overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food So So, Atmosphere greatYumYumATLDined on 7/19/2014Great bar and restaurant atmosphere in general...especially outdoor dining! Fried chicken was slightly burned. Grouper was slightly overcooked. Appetizer hushpuppies was very good. I'd give it another try but the kitchen needs to tweak a few things. On a Saturday night the restaurant was only about 40% full....hmmm...Special Features:
- Second try - still OKRoswellDinerDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time at this restaurant. The first time we felt that the food tasted a little bland for how beautifully it was presented. We tried different entrees this time and felt the same way - a little bland. We have now had the duck special, the fried chicken, the shrimp and grits, and he waygu steak and would not pick any of these entrees if we came again. The specialty cocktails are great and the service is excellent. We would likely come for drinks and appetizers. The ambience is so fabulous and the people here are so nice that I hope they flavor things up a bit. I really want this local restaurant to do well.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the BrunchSeedFanDined on 7/13/2014OpenTable made the reservation easy. Greeted by pleasant staff. Good choices on menu. Enjoyed eating outside at umbrella table. Fast service. Excellent, fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jevqVIPDined on 7/12/2014Dining room too noisy and too bright. Tables too close. Very difficult to have conversation. Would probably eat at bar or bar area next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice time at The MillFrankDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have come here on several occasions and have always had great, friendly service and excellent food. We will be back many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiencehappycustomer9653Dined on 7/11/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was amazing. We had 3 non-waiters checking to make sure everything was perfect. It was quiet, scenic, and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!FoodieforlifeDined on 7/11/2014Had been to The Mill for Sunday brunch and sat outside. Loved it, so decided to come back for dinner with my husband. Food was delicious! Wine and beer choices were great! Love that their ingredients are farmed locally. The chefs visited the tables which is always a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service but....Etfsu01Dined on 7/11/2014Not sure that we will return. The apps are overpriced for the options. I had the shrimp and grits which was good for a few bites but extremely rich (and salty). Two members of my group had the fried chicken which was overpriced for the portion and they said it was brined too long. (No breast, just a thigh and leg for $18.). Another member had the pork shoulder and it was very dry. Presentation of food and atmosphere is great but....if you want to make it in the downtown Roswell area you have to get the food quality and pricing right.
- Pleasantly surprisedgr8placeDined on 6/27/2014The Mill Kitchen and Bar is on Mimosa Blvd and off of the Canton Street scene. The food was fantastic, the service was outstanding and overall, we really enjoyed this restaurant as it was our 1st time visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good (not great) southern foodRoswellDinerDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I ate at The Mill Kitchen and Bar for the first time this weekend. We found the food to be presented beautifully but a little bland in taste. We sampled a couple of their cocktail specials and found them to be unique and delicious! Service was excellent. We have also eaten at Table and Main up the street which has similar cuisine. Having eaten there twice we both agreed that the food there was much more flavorful than at the Mill. We would give the Mill another try though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was phenominalEEarlDined on 6/27/2014It's been a few weeks since our meal, but I wanted to give our server special recognition. My wife has some dietary restrictions and our server stayed on top of them, not only recommending alternative items, but also working closely the kitchen staff to be sure there were no oversights. He also took the time to field a call from one of our guests that had gotten lost, providing directions. We don't find this level of care often. Our appreciation of his professionalism was reflected in his tip. Regarding cusine, we have always felt the meals were well presented and delicious.Special Features:
- First Time But Not Lastsparkle1908Dined on 6/22/2014My first time visiting the restaurant and we tried the calamari, watermelon and beet salad and the shrimp & grits. I give high marks on the starter items both of which were better than I anticipated. The shrimp & grits were a bit spicy for my taste but I would definitely visit the restaurant again and perhaps dine outside as they have a really nice patio dining area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, small portionsBeyonceVIPDined on 6/22/2014We went for brunch. The food and ambience were outstanding. The portions were smaller than expected for the price.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the The Mill Kitchen and Bar reviews archive.
- JB79Dined on 6/15/2014Delicious! We went here for Father's Day and were very impressed. We had the best deviled eggs I've ever tasted!! Great food, great service, great atmosphere!!Special Features: