The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
101 Old Mill Road
Spring Lake Heights, NJ 07762Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillnj.com/
- Phone: 7324491800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday - Saturday 12 noon to 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close
Sunday Brunch 11am - 3pm Sunday Dinner - from 4pm to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano and vocals from Bruce Foster on Fridays during Happy Hour from 5-9:00. Live jazz bands every Saturday night beginning at 8:00pm.
A word from The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
The Mill has enjoyed a reputation as one of the state’s finest restaurants for 75 years! Situated in a beautiful lakeside setting, The Mill offers Innovative American Cuisine featuring great steaks and the Shore’s freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights - Best Restaurants in Spring Lake ›
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)special occasion (64)romantic (39)great for brunch (33)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (21)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014They have one of the best brunches around! They certainly know how to do eggs benedict. The bacon was too crispy on this visit.Special Features:
- Poorly trained staffeatthecricketDined on 10/10/2014Steak arrived at the table rare even though we asked the waitress what medium well would look like and she assured us it would not be bloody. It took a long time to get a drink at the almost empty bar. It was 730 on a friday night and they were more concerned with preparing to close up. When i did get a drink it wasnt great. Staff was friendly the reastaurant is nice they just need to train the staff a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014over the top service! good scenery, good food........friendly good location easy to get to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Knowledgeable and friendly staff, great food, a real gem!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Everything was wonderful, food and service. The Lamb chops were so tender and cooked to perfectiont.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDee51Dined on 10/5/2014Sunday brunch was a lovely way to spend some time with family. The variety of foods on the buffet ensured there was something for everyone to enjoy, including the most picky eaters. Will definitely return for the brunch and will make it a point to get back for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!!!luvmickDined on 10/5/2014Quality of food was excellent compared to other area buffets. Wait staff was very attentive and courteous. Had reservations and were seated immediately. We're certainly going back and will try not to pig out!Special Features:
- Great placejackiendanthonyDined on 10/4/2014Celebrated my 19th anniversary the view was very nice but it could use a little more lighting to make for a better after dark view the food was excellent service also excellent staff is very pleasant made for a wonderful evening will definatley returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing night!RedsDined on 10/4/2014From the moment we entered we were treated very warmly and made us feel at ease. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. It was a special occasion and was glad I chose The Mill. I had never made a reservation on Open Table before but definitely will again. I was impressed that the Mill had read my comments and followed through with my request. Also it was so nice to hear our names used by the waiter and hostess. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!kiyote22Dined on 10/4/2014The Mill has a fantastic vibe for both a younger and older crowd. The bar, which is nicely located outside of the dining area is very trendy, while the dining area is very calm and quiet - perfect for a relaxing, but classic dining experience.Special Features:
- A romantic dinner at the MillHS9595Dined on 9/28/2014My husband and I dined here as part of a romantic weekend away. The service was excellent and friendly, with the server happy to make recommendations. We had a wonderful bottle of wine and their signature lobster pot pie, which was the best either of us had ever had (and we're from New England!). We topped it off by splitting the delicious chocolate lava cake and then took a stroll outside by the beautiful pond. Watching the sunset over the pond while having dinner by the windows was simply delightful. Highly recommend this restaurant and hope to get there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant dinnerBillTDined on 9/28/2014We were a party of four. Greeted by the hostess in a very cheerful manner. Checked our reservation and sat us immediately. Service was pleasant and efficient. Food was good, except for one diner whose filet mignon was a bit on the tough side. They offered to replace it. A very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!!rab00821Dined on 9/27/2014Place is very nice. Bar was very nice, delicious drinks. Bartenders were professional. Crab cake appetizer was very good. Both entrees took a long time to be servred, and both were luke warm. Filet Mignon was bland and I did not care for the bread crumb crust. Wife had scallops which she enjoyed. Service was poor. Server spent too much time kissing butt at the table of 6 next to us. After entrees were served, next time we saw him was when we were finished eating. Never came over to check if things came out OK. Also, the manager was walking around greeting tables. Would have been nice if he stopped at our table. This was a special occasion dinner which I informed them of when reservation was made. We will not be returning.Special Features:
- maurpaulDined on 9/27/20142 of three entrees were terribly disappointing. Lobster Pot Pie seemed to be missing lobster. Halibut special was very over cooked and dry.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The Mills Sunday Brunch has something for everyone's taste. Aside from the standard breakfast fare of an omelet station, pastries, muffins and fruit there is a carving station with two types of meats and chafing dishes with two types of eggs, two types of fish and eggplant and chicken entrees. Deserts also offer tasty gluten free choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD NOT GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014NOT AT ALL CROWDED ON LOBSTER NIGHT. BUT OCCUPIED TABLES WERE TOO CLOSE AND THE LIGHTS TOO DIM. THE FOOD WAS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT ESPECIALLY THAT THESE EXPENSIVE MEALS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TASTIER NOT SO BLAND. EXCEPT THE LOBSTER MAC & CHEESE APPETIZER WAS VERY GOOD. THE COST WAS OUTRAGEOUS COMPARED TO THE VALUE. SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST INCLUDED A SALAD. SERVICE WAS VERY GOOD. I ENJOYED THE SUNDAY BRUNCH MUCH MORE THAN OVER-PRICED DINNER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding setEngaged2bWedAtTheMillDined on 9/14/2014My fiancé and I love going to The Mill at Spring Lake Heights... For happy hour, brunch, lunch or dinner. We can't wait to share our special day, with family and friends, at the place we fall in love (a little bit more) each time we go. Excellent service and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceJohnPDined on 9/13/2014Nice Place....service coudl have been better....waiter was complainingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014service was not very good, new waitress, forgot our salad, long wit for service and food/
- 17 yearsGrouponVIPDined on 9/6/2014We are married 17 years on Sunday. Saturday night we went to the Mill for dinner. You are always greeted at the door and treated nice. We had a nice table with a great view of the pond. The service was unbelievable, Tom was our server and he was great, always around when you needed something, however not one that hangs over you. He made our night a very enjoyable and relaxing nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and serviceSimoneTDined on 9/2/2014We went for our anniversary. It was lobster night and I got a 1.5 lb lobster for $20! My husband's steak was cooked perfectly and the apple crisp was to die for. Our server was knowledgeable and attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchBillythechefDined on 8/31/2014This was the first time we actually sat in the dining room, our previous visits have been spur of the moment and we sat at the bar. Nice selection of food, something for everyone. Service was ok but acceptable. The bisque was particularly good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We were very happy with our dinner and our choice of restaurant. The servers were excellent and. Everyone was friendly. We will definitely return, and recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningGvm267Dined on 8/30/2014Couldn't have asked for a better night out and dining experience! Menu was exceptional as was the service and view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/29/2014My wife ordered a Rib Eye steak medium to rare, it was served to our table well done. My meal was fair . The server was advised of the problem, but I as eating my meal, and my wife did not want me to not finish my meal.
- DisappointingPartyDined on 8/24/2014Quality of food less than expected. Odors from the hot plates were taking over the front entrance area. Brunch spread should be in a separate room. Our comments card reflects the opinion of all 6 in my party.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is excellent but the restaurant is mismanaged. We received a confirmation for a table on the terrace the day before our date and when we arrived we were told that a message had been left on our phone in NY that there was a wedding and they couldn't put us outside. they had to know about the wedding way in advance and they should have let us know earlier so we could have decided to eat elsewhere. As it was, the meal was successful and we did have a good table near the window inside. We were disappointed for our guests who also expected to eat on the terrace. It just wasn't very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good ambiance.mydiningDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner here while we were on vacation in Spring Lake for a few days. The Mill is set on a pond with a water fountain and swans. The view is nice, especially at dusk. The service was excellent and attentive. The food was very good overall including apps, salads and entree. We skipped dessert as we were full. The ambiance is nice. There was a wedding upstairs but we didn't hear them at all. Will go again for a nice meal and good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodStacysmom2Dined on 8/21/2014Although the appetizers were a little disappointing, the steaks were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient and kept in touch through the meal. Definitely a positive dining experience and we will go back.Special Features:
- Another awesome meal!JoeMDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining at The Mill. The food is awesome and the service is just as good. I would absolutely recommend The Mill and plan on coming back in the very near future. We sat outside and had a spectacular view of the lake. At the end of the meal, we saw the swans floating near the backside of the lake. A picture perfect way to end the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The setting is very pretty but the food was just fair.
- Great service, diner quality foodgrad2013Dined on 8/14/2014Lovely setting overlooking a pond, fabulous service, our waitress could serve in any 5 star restaurant. The food however is diner quality, menu has numerous selections and although we sampled several appetizers, none were remarkable , the calamari was overpowered by the oil it was fried in. Main courses arrived promptly bit lacked any flair or surprises, again it reminded us of diner quality food.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINNER!JerseyGirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014We frequent The Mill a lot….the filet mignon/mashed potatoes/wilted fresh spinach is my favorite! The steak is always done to perfection……also love their caesar salad!!! The bar is nice and the dining pretty overlooking the lake……always a nice evening!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday SpotSamWDined on 8/10/2014Love this brunch with a wide selection of food covering just about any desire. Seafood crepes are awesome, the carving and omelet stations excellent, nice choice of desserts, great staff and pretty views. Simply a great way to spend a mid-morning summer Sunday!Special Features:
- Poor serviceShoreDined on 8/8/2014Very slow service. Wait staff disappeared for a while a few times. (Restaurant was not busy) Raw veggie app had wilted veggies, meat was over cooked. Pretty place, but not worth the expense.
- Glad we finally made itlily54Dined on 8/8/2014We contemplated having dinner at The Mill in the past but finally made it this year. I was pleased to see that they participate in OpenTable and was able to make reservation online the same day including a seating request. There's a lively bar scene on Friday nights with live music but this did not disturb dinner outside on the deck. The selections were more eclectic than I expected, service attentive, and the food was really good.Special Features:
- relaxing and tastyReneeDined on 8/5/2014Good view. Great selection. .we chose from Prix Fixe menu which was a very good value. Service was excellent with a knowledgeable waiter and busboy. No rush service, but it was a quiet night. Really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodLoverDined on 7/30/2014We were staying at The Chateau in Spring Lake and were given some food credit as part of the room package. We had a choice of quite a few local eateries, but The Mill came highly recommended and I understand why. The food was excellent, as well as the help. We sat right by the window and had a great view of the lake where a few swans swam. I would definitely suggest going there.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerKatzieDined on 7/20/2014always a wonderful experience! food and drinks were fantastic and service was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazing!ShubenDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I went there on our first date in 1982. We have been there many, many times over the last 32 years and have NEVER had a so-so or bad experience. The food is always top notch and the chef is more than accommodating to any special needs. I can't say enough good things about The Mill. It is upscale but not uncomfortable. You will spend a couple dollars more but it will be worth every penny. They have some wonderful special deals as well to make it very affordable for a nice occasion.Special Features: