The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
101 Old Mill Road
Spring Lake Heights, NJ 07762Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.themillnj.com/
- Phone: 7324491800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Tuesday - Saturday 12 noon to 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Close
Sunday Brunch 11am - 3pm Sunday Dinner - from 4pm to Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano and vocals from Bruce Foster on Fridays during Happy Hour from 5-9:00. Live jazz bands every Saturday night beginning at 8:00pm.
A word from The Mill at Spring Lake Heights
The Mill has enjoyed a reputation as one of the state’s finest restaurants for 75 years! Situated in a beautiful lakeside setting, The Mill offers Innovative American Cuisine featuring great steaks and the Shore’s freshest seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights - Best Restaurants in Spring Lake ›
The Mill at Spring Lake Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (64)romantic (36)great for brunch (31)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- DisappointingPartyDined on 8/24/2014Quality of food less than expected. Odors from the hot plates were taking over the front entrance area. Brunch spread should be in a separate room. Our comments card reflects the opinion of all 6 in my party.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is excellent but the restaurant is mismanaged. We received a confirmation for a table on the terrace the day before our date and when we arrived we were told that a message had been left on our phone in NY that there was a wedding and they couldn't put us outside. they had to know about the wedding way in advance and they should have let us know earlier so we could have decided to eat elsewhere. As it was, the meal was successful and we did have a good table near the window inside. We were disappointed for our guests who also expected to eat on the terrace. It just wasn't very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Good ambiance.mydiningDined on 8/22/2014We had dinner here while we were on vacation in Spring Lake for a few days. The Mill is set on a pond with a water fountain and swans. The view is nice, especially at dusk. The service was excellent and attentive. The food was very good overall including apps, salads and entree. We skipped dessert as we were full. The ambiance is nice. There was a wedding upstairs but we didn't hear them at all. Will go again for a nice meal and good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodStacysmom2Dined on 8/21/2014Although the appetizers were a little disappointing, the steaks were excellent. Service was friendly and efficient and kept in touch through the meal. Definitely a positive dining experience and we will go back.Special Features:
- Another awesome meal!JoeMDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I always enjoy dining at The Mill. The food is awesome and the service is just as good. I would absolutely recommend The Mill and plan on coming back in the very near future. We sat outside and had a spectacular view of the lake. At the end of the meal, we saw the swans floating near the backside of the lake. A picture perfect way to end the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The setting is very pretty but the food was just fair.
- Great service, diner quality foodgrad2013Dined on 8/14/2014Lovely setting overlooking a pond, fabulous service, our waitress could serve in any 5 star restaurant. The food however is diner quality, menu has numerous selections and although we sampled several appetizers, none were remarkable , the calamari was overpowered by the oil it was fried in. Main courses arrived promptly bit lacked any flair or surprises, again it reminded us of diner quality food.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT DINNER!JerseyGirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014We frequent The Mill a lot….the filet mignon/mashed potatoes/wilted fresh spinach is my favorite! The steak is always done to perfection……also love their caesar salad!!! The bar is nice and the dining pretty overlooking the lake……always a nice evening!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday SpotSamWDined on 8/10/2014Love this brunch with a wide selection of food covering just about any desire. Seafood crepes are awesome, the carving and omelet stations excellent, nice choice of desserts, great staff and pretty views. Simply a great way to spend a mid-morning summer Sunday!Special Features:
- Poor serviceShoreDined on 8/8/2014Very slow service. Wait staff disappeared for a while a few times. (Restaurant was not busy) Raw veggie app had wilted veggies, meat was over cooked. Pretty place, but not worth the expense.
- Glad we finally made itlily54Dined on 8/8/2014We contemplated having dinner at The Mill in the past but finally made it this year. I was pleased to see that they participate in OpenTable and was able to make reservation online the same day including a seating request. There's a lively bar scene on Friday nights with live music but this did not disturb dinner outside on the deck. The selections were more eclectic than I expected, service attentive, and the food was really good.Special Features:
- relaxing and tastyReneeDined on 8/5/2014Good view. Great selection. .we chose from Prix Fixe menu which was a very good value. Service was excellent with a knowledgeable waiter and busboy. No rush service, but it was a quiet night. Really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodLoverDined on 7/30/2014We were staying at The Chateau in Spring Lake and were given some food credit as part of the room package. We had a choice of quite a few local eateries, but The Mill came highly recommended and I understand why. The food was excellent, as well as the help. We sat right by the window and had a great view of the lake where a few swans swam. I would definitely suggest going there.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerKatzieDined on 7/20/2014always a wonderful experience! food and drinks were fantastic and service was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazing!ShubenDined on 7/20/2014My husband and I went there on our first date in 1982. We have been there many, many times over the last 32 years and have NEVER had a so-so or bad experience. The food is always top notch and the chef is more than accommodating to any special needs. I can't say enough good things about The Mill. It is upscale but not uncomfortable. You will spend a couple dollars more but it will be worth every penny. They have some wonderful special deals as well to make it very affordable for a nice occasion.Special Features:
- Good place but too many spidersVikingDined on 7/12/2014I'm not sure I am going back here. The food is good. The wait staff is great, but if you sit outside the spider situation is out of control. This could easily be reduced. This is a high end (at least via price) restaurant. You should have to deal with spiders and spider webs everywhere.
- Birthday dinnersnjeggyDined on 7/12/2014My father and I have birthdays in July. The Mill sends us both postcards for our birthdays for buy one entree get one entree 50% off. I have two young kids (2 and 4), so we find this is a great place to go with them that is child friendly. In the past, we have dressed nicely and others have not been. I am happy to say that this year, everyone in the restaurant was dressed smart casual. A nice change from the past. I enjoy going out to a nice dinner with my kids.Special Features:
- Lobster specialwbjb2Dined on 7/8/2014They have a great lobster special on Tuesday. Also, the ambiance is warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The serene view was incredible. The service was impeccable. Dining experiences are enhanced by service. Loved The Mill.Special Features:
- Very nice Sunday brunchxoannieox999Dined on 7/6/2014A few friends and I came here for Sunday brunch recently and overall it was a nice experience. We were seated by the window with a view of the water in the back which was nice. The variety of food available at the buffet was very expansive, I was impressed by all of the choices they had to offer for both breakfast and lunch. They also had so many deserts but we were so stuffed by the time we got to them so we only tried a few. The only minor complaints I had were that we didn't get clean silverware when we got up for new plates and desert, and a couple of the chafing dishes that held the food must have had their flame go out because they were pretty cold. I would come back here though again we did have a good time.Special Features:
- BrunchroniVIPDined on 7/6/2014We went for brunch on Sunday. It wasn't as crowded as usual probably due to the holiday weekend. Brunch at the Mill is usually one of our favorites. This time some of the food was not hot. We told the waitress and she came back and told us some of the sternos went out. This was a bad excuse as the staff was standing behind the serving tables. This was corrected, but too late for us. Hopefully when we go back, this won't happen again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 4 2014Tr1978Dined on 7/4/2014We met another couple there on Friday July 4 for dinner. I felt the food prices were alittle high and the food was good, not outstanding for the price. The atmosphere was very nice inside and out. Although a high bill, we would be willing to try it again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice atmosphereMartiDined on 7/1/2014We had a wonderful meal! Crab cakes were amazing and we loved the scallops!Special Features:
- ExcellentjackscriticDined on 7/1/2014Food fantastic. View unbelievable. Must sit outside. But the waitress was slow and the bus girl was horrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014wait staff smiles but not welcoming. seemed to be distracted
- HappyCamperDined on 6/29/2014This was our first time to the restaurant for a family of 9 gathering. I can't say enough as to how wonderful this experience was. Everything was great. Our server was so attentive we never had to ask for anything - he just knew!! There was a variety of foods something to please everyone in our group. You have to see it to believe it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinnershakrDined on 6/27/2014Went for my mom's 75th birthday. The service and food were exceptional. The waiter was extremely patient and willing to work with my picky eaters. There was a wedding there which gave us limited access to the deck by the pond. Most nights they have entertainment check out the schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 6/27/2014After several dinners, this was my first lunch experience. Everything, the oysters, shrimp soup and crab cake, were all very well prepared. I really appreciate the several choices of wines by the glass; but then, their whole list is quite impressive.Special Features:
- Ok nothing more nothing lessRegularGuyDined on 6/25/2014Food was good not great, the signature lobster pot pie was a disappointment. The waiter was knowledgable.Special Features:
- Tuesday Lobster NightSagesseDined on 6/24/2014Everything lobster is the theme for Tuesday nights. At $19.95 for a 1.5 lb. lobster, who can resist? The lobster was sweet and succulent with a good sized tail. The bread was crusty, soft, and warm. Appetizers from the regular menu were amazing: lamb lollipops and a roasted beet salad. For dessert, a dark chocolate crème brulee was decadently good. Ask for a window seat so you can watch the swans and ducks glide around the pond. The service was ok, not as attentive as I would expect from a fine restaurant. We had to remind the waiter that we ordered a second round of drinks. He never stopped by the table to ask if we needed anything more. And the table was not cleared promptly from the first course.Special Features:
- Great foodseafoodloverDined on 6/24/2014Although the food was good and the seating outside was wonderful, our server was very slow and unattentive. It appeared that she was overwhelmed with the number of tables she was responsible for. We'd try it again hopefully getting a better server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencejdurockDined on 6/22/2014Celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at the Inn which was acknowledged in a special way by both management and our server (Laurie), very nice touch. Beautiful setting as our table overlooked the pond. Excellent, timely and attentive service. Generous portions among the appetizer, entree and dessert were served. Presentation of the main course was noteworthy and the entrees (Grana Padano And Herb Crusted Chicken Breast and Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon ) were exceptional. Restaurant is highly recommended. Will definitely revisit with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 34th Anniversary CelebrationSummer21Dined on 6/21/2014We celebrate our wedding anniversary tt the Old Mill every year. We started off with lobster bisque and Caesar salad. The soup was so thick and tasty and the salad crisp and cold. The lobster pot pie and the 32 ounce prime rib special were our meals of choice. The meals did not disappoint as usual. Everything was very delicious and served piping hot. We look forward to dining there again (perhaps even before our anniversary). Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:
- Memorable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014We chose the Mill for our Son's graduation dinner and it turned out to be a great selection. Both the food and the service were outstanding and it really complemented what was a memorable day for our family. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2014Everything was very good - I rated the service as very good rather than outstanding because it was very good but not extraordinary.Special Features:
- Slow kitchenMoonsiteVIPDined on 6/15/2014We waited over an hour for appetizers - given the excuse that the kitchen was backed up although place not nearly at capacity. Long wait for entrees - they were freshly cooked and hot.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchbrunchfanDined on 6/15/2014The brunch was excellent with so much variety! Loved the glass of champagne. I will definitely recommend The Mill to others and will return.Special Features:
- Excellent!JerseyGirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014We were there last evening for my Mom's birthday! We all had the wedge salad which was great along with the Filet Mignon which was done to perfection!!!! our waiter Scott could not have been better….Very accommodating!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant….beautiful view of the lake and scenery……It is truly a great restaurant….We will definately be back!!!! Perfect for a celebration dinner!!! The staff and chefs….hats off to all of you!!!!Special Features:
- JonesVIPDined on 6/14/2014Our favorite place for a nice dinner. We dine at the Mill about once a month and always have a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Restaurantwbjb2Dined on 6/10/2014We were absolutely delighted with our dinners. The Mill has to be one of the best bargains at the shore. The food is great; the view is marvelous; and the service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.