The Metropolitan Grill - TD Square 8th Ave.
#150, 317-8th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P 2Y9Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Metropolitan Grill - TD Square 8th Ave.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themetropolitangrill.ca/td-square/
- Phone: 4032635432
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Curt Pickering
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Entertainment: There is DJs and dancing on Friday and Saturday nights after 10:00pm.
A word from The Metropolitan Grill - TD Square 8th Ave.
A fusion of California and Mediterranean cuisine are featured on the menu at The Metropolitan Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Metropolitan Grill - TD Square 8th Ave. reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014Service was fast and friendly. Food was tasty. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Candied Salmon SaladSylviaDined on 3/19/2014To die for. The great thing about The Met is that you don't feel rushed at lunch time. The service is good, the food is fast and I've never complained about this salad which is just about all I ever order.Special Features:
- another great meal at the Met!bigguyVIPDined on 3/19/2014The Met on Stephen continues to be a great place for business lunches....I've been going there for years and I'm never disappointed...food is very good and a bit unique....service is always great....and my customers always enjoy going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2014Made up of memories that are of great layout and the perfect ambiance. The booths are very secluded and make for some great conversation.Special Features:
- Always goodCdnMadeDined on 3/18/2014Eaten here a few times, first time using Open Table. They called to confirm the reservation which was nice. Everytime I've eaten here I've never been dissapointed with my mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blame the customer?BusinessLunchersDined on 3/13/2014Arrived for a business lunch with clients, gave our drink orders (non-alcholic), got our drinks within good time, ordered our food. It took over an hour, asked the waitress what was taking so long, she stated that it is because one of our group ordered their steak well done, a New York Striploin. Manager came over said the same thing, ridiculous. We said we did not believe that was the reason, since when does that take an hour? When the food finally arrived, the "well done" steak was only well done around the edges, centre was rare. Manager came over and did at least waive the "well done" meal and gave a gift certificate. We were not impressed.
- Good food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/5/2014This is the first time that I've been to the restaurant since they've renovated and I have to say that I do enjoy the colors and interior. The noise level was high but I was still able to hear the voices of those around me. My only complaint would be to get rid of one of the tables in between the booth (seated 6) I was in and the main traffic path through the restaurant so that people could get in and out of there easily. Otherwise, you're left with going all the way around and trying to squeeze through a very tight area. Could use some improvement there but overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu5starfanDined on 3/3/2014Lots of light healthy contemporary selections. Active manager makes sure service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One small issue with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2014One small issue with the food which was handled very well by the server and manager. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the best evening. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We had the best evening. Waitress was excellent, food was great and we had a nice seat in the back where my friend and I could talk. I have a bad back and she gave me a choice of the best seat for me. It was really nice. Food was just great and it was so nice to be able to reserve as table on line. Very good way to go as who likes standing in line. We will definately come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Prosciutto?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/18/2014Went for lunch yesterday. My friend had a chicken ceasar salad and he said that it was okay but nothing different than he would have at an Earl's or a Moxies. I had the lunch feature which was a chicken supreme stuffed with prosciuitto and cheese with mashed potatos and veggies. The chicken was cooked very well with crispy skin, but the stuffing was not that great. The cheese was bland with no flavour and the prosciutto was AWOL. When I mentioned this to the server she spoke to the chef and he said that he had put it in there himself. I don't know what happened to it, but it wasn't there. I must say that the veggies were cooked the way they should be, nice and crispy. I recommend this restaurant with hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Met - DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Service was less then impressive. The server came to our table a total of 3 times in the span of an hour and a half, we were forced to waive the manager down to pay our bill. I ordered a $16.00 hamburger and received a very small hamburger (the bun of which was clearly not fresh AND store bought) and my significant other ordered pasta which was boarder line room temperature. Not only was the general service and food well below average (with prices that match a gourmet restaurant) I waited 15 minutes after my reservation to receive my table after showing up 5 minutes early and having several walk-in customers sat before me. I am very disappointed with my visit, I will never give Metropolitan Grill my business again.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotsirenitaDined on 2/13/2014I like the Metropolitan Grill for the occassional lunch with friends. My work place is a block away from this restaurant and I find the food to be always excellent and the service to be very good. The noise level is quite high so you need to be aware of that if you are looking for a quiet meal. Either than that I love this restaurant for lunch with friends. One of my favourite ones.Special Features:
- Going forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2014I have to admit that I find it sad to see young waitresses - some my daughter's age - having to dress in such short dresses and showing so much cleavage in this day and age. They seem to be so concerned about the way they look that the service they provide is being affected. My experience at Metropolitan Grill was lessened because of that and I could not recommend it to others. Do you think you'd have less clients if the waitresses weren't dressed like sex objects? Thanks for considering.
- My guests had a better experience..BrianDined on 1/28/2014Went to the Met after not being there for a few years. My guests raved about the food and their experience. I was less impressed. Food was OK but nothing to go back for. Service was handled well for a busy lunch crowd but, again, not a reason to return. Location (proximity to my work) is the only reason for me to return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gibbs Gage business lunchwadeDined on 1/28/2014Our server Brittney Dalgliesh is excellent. We've had her several times and she is always fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceGreatDined on 1/27/2014It is a place for meeting with people. That explains the energetic noise level. The food and service are good. My friend and I had a great lunch there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a decent selection ofBWineVIPDined on 1/24/2014Had a decent selection of wine and beer. However was quite noisy. was ok for a Friday afterwork social gathering.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014I had dinner with a friend and the service was excellent. The food was great and the atmosphere was just what we were looking for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service.WiningNDiningVIPDined on 1/22/2014Ordered our food at 12:05pm and didn't receive our lunch until 12:55pm. Perhaps if the waitress wasn't busy flirting with the table of guys behind us then we would have at least got our drinks sooner. Unfortunately we had to ask the manager walking by to grab our drinks that were waiting at the bar ledge after 10minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working lunchesLuncherVIPDined on 1/20/2014I use The Met as my lower boardroom. It is an excellent spot for a working lunch. Service is outstanding and will cater to your needs if you ask. They have a private area in the front of the restaurant that will seat about 10. I have used it for breakfast meetings and presentations. Call and ask to book it for an early meeting. The breakfast menu is small but hits all of the high points for early dining. There is 42" HD television in the room and I use it for presentations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go backcoleencarDined on 1/20/2014I have been a regular for lunch here for about a year and it keeps getting worse -last tine I was seated at a table out in the mall beside the shoe repair store, I complained and was given a gift card for next meal which didn't work. Had lunch there Monday January 20, in lounge area, the sound system was cranked up and was so loud we could hardly hear ourselves talk.
- Great food and even better service.CarnyVIPDined on 1/17/2014I choose the Met for the majority of my downtown business lunches because it is located in the hustle & bustle of the DT core so I always see others I know in the neighbourhood. Also the staff is always very friendly and accommodating with any food or drink requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far too noisygoodtoknowDined on 1/14/2014This is the 3rd time I have been to this restaurant and the 1st time sitting inside (usually sit at the tables in the mall) and I was horrified at how noisy it was......my friend and I could barely talk to each other without having to repeat everything....we had requested a table in the mall but the person who works that area only works on thurs and fridays so won't be going back again unless I can sit and enjoy my conversation with my friend.....Special Features:
- My arugula salad didn't seemunderwhelmedDined on 1/14/2014My arugula salad didn't seem to have any arugula. And the dressing was a little heavy. It was good, just not fantastic.Special Features:
- Ok lunch spot, not greatNicoDined on 1/10/2014The service was very poor. We waited about 10 minutes for a server to come by. She seemed nice and did apologize for no one coming by. She didn't know who was supposed to be serving us. Ordered drinks and food immediately and things were relatively prompt after that, although no one really checked on us through the meal. The good was ok.
- News Years EveAlexDined on 12/31/2013My bf and I spent NYE there and while the dj started off promissing the theme of the great gatsby fell off... overall good job but could have been better.Special Features:
- New YearBrianDined on 12/31/2013For a New Year's Eve party vit was a bit more mellow than I would have expected. Had fun though.Special Features:
- NotableGraceDined on 12/30/2013Overall, the food was well prepared. My co-worker thoroughly enjoyed her chicken dish and thought it was one of the best she's had. My Thai Steak Salad, was decent. The steak was prepared exactly as I wanted it. The Thai noodle salad could've used cilantro and sprouts, as I feel those are the 2 main ingredients that make Thai food, Thai....oh, and more heat would've been nice. The downside is that during lunch, the TD square was testing their fire alarm, and the alarm rang for a quarter of our meal. That part was extremely annoying.Special Features:
- Great placeKanucDined on 12/20/2013Really recommend this place. Blazing fast service, really quite good food. My expectations were low for what is generally known as a scantily-clad-servers place for drinks. They have grown up and are worth going to.Special Features:
- having a bad dayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2013The food was excellent and enjoyable and the atmoshere was definitely energetic and in the mood to celebrate the coming holiday season. Unfortunately our server was not having a good day and spilled several drinks at a nearby table, salad dressing from the table next to us that splashed onto our work clothes. When kindly offered by another patron if she was okay, she hautily snapped back "NO". Uncalled for when he was just trying to extend a hand...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glasses had lip stick on themMehmetDined on 12/13/2013Glasses had lip stick on them from others, some staff were nice others were rude.
- Food was unbearably saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/12/2013Food was pretty bad. One plate was so unbearably salty we had to have her take it back. It was VERY busy. I don't know what it is with restaurant these days where I have to actually try and wave someone down to refill my water!!!!! Only reason we picked this place was due to location. Oh, of course, because of it's location, it is very pricey as well. Would have been ok if food and service was good, but it was not the case.
- Great Spot for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2013Awesome service. Lunch was served and consumed in an hour. Accommodations were made for a stroller. Friendly service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchMoeshaDined on 12/9/2013Food was not great - my calamari was cooked to perfection but was very very greasy - oil was not hot enough. Chicken wrap was ok but there was very little chicken and mostly bits of fried batter. This was taken off our bill which was great.
- The dining experience wasoccdinerDined on 12/6/2013The dining experience was fine. My issue was that I called the restaurant (left a message with a person) AND emailed them to discuss the reservation five days prior to our reservation and nobody responded to either of my attempts. It wasn't until my friend tried for the third time that he was able to speak to someone and make changes.Special Features:
- Stupid managerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Made a reservation, they seated us and then manager came to complain to us about where we were seated. We had four people, myself and three clients. Apparently, the table seats six and so he felt it necessary to complain to me, the customer, about where I was seated. I won't take clients again, and neither will any member of my firm.
- Great food but a little noisyluncherDined on 12/5/2013The food was really good, but it was difficult to have a conversation. It would be great for an informal lunch but a little more challenging for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But SlowtheatergoerDined on 12/4/2013Went for dinner after work ahead of attending an evening theater production (live) with my Mom. Ordered the rice bowl and steak sandwich, it took almost an hour an a half from the time we arrived and I was rushing the waitress to get our bill paid so we could go. Unfortunate because the flavors were good and the dessert menu caught my attention but service was so slow we had no time to consider anything beyond the mains. I have been there several times for lunch and it was fine, this was painfully slow and the restaurant did not appear overly busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2013The food here was mediocre. I had the sriracha chicken sandwich and the bun was dry and crumbly. The coating on the chicken was way to herby and the sandwich was cold by the time that it got to me. My friend had the fish tacos that were cold when they got to the table as well. However, our server was good and very friendly.