The Metropolitan Grill - Mount Royal
16, 880 16th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J9Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Metropolitan Grill - Mount Royal
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4038022393
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Jarett Talbot
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Metropolitan Grill provides catering for your special events at your home, office or venue of choice. Our Chefs have carefully hand selected the freshest ingredients to create an innovative menu. Choose from one of our set menus or allow us to fully customize to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Allison Cullen 4039096253
- Entertainment: Friday nights we showcase 1 DJ playing top 40 mash-ups with hits from the 90"s to now. Saturday nights we feature an additional guest DJ and second dance floor .
- Cross Street: 8th Street and 16th Avenue SW
- Public Transit: Bus Routes 2-Killarney and 13-Mt Royal stop on 8 St SW just outside Mount Royal Village Mall.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Plenty of parking is available on the street as well as the parking lot off 8th St SW. There is also a parkade (entrance off 15th Ave SW) with a skywalk directly to The Metropolitan Grill.
A word from The Metropolitan Grill - Mount Royal
A dining & nightlife mainstay in Calgary, Metropolitan Grill is the perfect place to be able to relax and enjoy premium food and drink in a lively, upbeat environment. Metropolitan Grill is the perfect one-stop destination for all occasions including birthdays, stagettes and corporate functions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Metropolitan Grill - Mount Royal reviews from OpenTable diners
- Go to the other Metropolitan GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2012This was a completely different experience than I had at the other Metropolitan Grille restarant! All the staff members that we dealt with over the night didn't seem to know what was going on. The waitress was extremely inexperienced and it was apparent that she lacked training. The waitress was nice and was trying very hard to help us with whatever we needed, however she was not confident in serving and she didn't know the menu and was very slow. The food was average, however, for the price, I could easily find a restaurant with comparable prices and better quality. Overall, I would not return to this location and I would not recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Unfortunately when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Unfortunately when we arrived at the Met for breakfast with a reservation for 11, the doors were not even unlocked. We used the Mall Entrance and after a wait, were seated by the Chef. He did bring us menus however there was no Manager, Hostess, or Waitress on site. After a wait we ended up leaving disappointed and going to the Barley Mill (great food by the way!). I have been to the Met before for dinner/drinks and have not had a terrible experience, however if you're planning on a brunch or breakfast, I'd think twice.
- OK, but not greatAlanDined on 8/18/2012The food was good. Although, we had to send a steak back...ordered it med rare, it came well done, no juices at all. Waiter said that was how they cooked their steaks. We disagreed, and he had a new one cooked up. It was done properly. Waitress was slow and only checked on us once. Bright spot?...we went on a Saturday and sat on the patio. The community hosts live music in the park across the street on Saturday's. Live music is always a nice touch for dinner.