The Metropolitan Grill
1190 Auraria Pkwy
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Metropolitan Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.msudenver.edu/hospitality/themetropolitangrill/
- Phone: 3035566824
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Patio/Outdoor Dining
- Cross Street: Speer
- Public Transit: The Metropolitan is located at the southern corner of Auraria and Speer. Bus stops include: Blake & 14th Market & 14th Larimer & 12th Auraria & 9th Lightrail stops include: Pepsi Center/Elitch Gardens Station Colfax at Auraria Station
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: MSU Denver Students and Faculty can park with the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Valet for $8. There is also parking to the west in the Tivoli parking garage at 9th and Auraria.
A word from The Metropolitan Grill
The Metropolitan is a restaurant run by students of the Hospitality Tourism and Events Department at Metropolitan State University. This restaurant resides in MSU Denver’s new Hospitality Learning Center and is a learning environment providing a real world experience for aspiring hospitality majors. The restaurant is managed and operated during class hours and during traditional semesters. Consequently we may be open for 12 consecutive weeks and closed for a period of time between semesters. We are excited to provide our students with an opportunity to show the public what they have learned and what they can do. We welcome you to come join us and be a part of the learning experience of future hospitality leaders.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Metropolitan Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great lunchMoreThanSustenanceDined on 5/1/2014This was an outstanding dining experience. The student chefs created wonderful mains. Everyone in my party of five was excited about the meals they got. The desserts were scrumptious. We all left wishing the grill was open more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 4 reviews are from the The Metropolitan Grill reviews archive.
- Lunch with the girls!KLLKDined on 4/8/2014We had a very nice lunch, large portions! The location was a little difficult to find parking, we used the valet for $8 at the Marriott next door, there are two menus based on the day of the week. Next time I will pick the day based on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2014Everything about lunch at the Metropolitan Grill was wonderful! Great menu! Try the house made sparkling flavored sodas. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT Business Lunchwgallag1Dined on 2/27/2014Our dept. had an out-of-town visitor, and recent lunches @ Cimarron café (Tivoli) were truly awful, & Brooklyn's was just average, so I thought I'd take a chance. Open Table res. was very easy. The M.G. is SO much nicer than I expected, food was amazing & veeeery inexpensive. (It was Thursday - the higher-end menu) My guest claimed it was "the BEST lunch he'd EVER had on the road". We ordered 3 first courses instead of main course: veg. chowder, wilted greens w/ bacon, grilled trout, dessert & coffee. (Service slowed down a bit at the end, I think because we took too long chatting and the class was ending so the student chefs & servers were eating at the bar and packing up.) I will be back soon -- hopefully it's as good the 2nd time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great valueNateDined on 2/27/2014The Metropolitan grill is such a great find! They are open for lunch and it is good! Really great food prepared by great students.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.