The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
6418 N Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metrowinebar.com/
- Phone: (405) 840-9463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rolyn Soberanis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Metro offers fine catering for small dinner parties and receptions. Each event is planned by the Metro service and kitchen staff to meet the client's needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Tapestry Room seats up to 40 guests in hushed and elegant comfort. Groups over 15 will be offered a special menu with options to please everyone but with courses synchronized to facilitate a smooth flow of service.
The entire restaurant may be rented out for private functions. Surcharges apply.
- Private Party Contact: LaVeryl Lower 4058409463
A word from The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro has been at the cutting edge of food and wine in Oklahoma City for over twenty years. While always evolving and changing, the one constant at The Metro is the world-class food, service and a focus on fine wines paired with our wonderful cuisine. Drop by for a glass of wine and an appetizer at the bar... or come to spend an evening of great dining. We can be as casual or as formal as the occasion demands. We are open seven nights a week for dinner... and every weekday for lunch. We are open all afternoon on weekdays for a late lunch, early dinner or just wine & cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (77)notable wine list (72)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (45)good for groups (29)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dinner with friendsDinneroutDined on 11/17/2014Steak flavor was good, quality of meat was avg. nice cheest plate, nice Charcuterie plate Wine selection was good Salmon very good Rissoto was amazing I would say one of the top 5 Restaurants in OKC. Creme Brulee gets a 3 out of 5 which is pretty good, I have only had a 5 once (in Detroit) and have never had a 4 , I will eat here again Definitely ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after an afternoon wedding.CampingFanaticDined on 11/15/2014We were celebrating our marriage and had requested a cozy corner table which was just right for the two of us. For special occasions this is great. Food and service was wonderful and we even had food left over to take home as well as the delicious bread pudding which we requested it to go. We ate it the next day, and with the server's suggestion on how to reheat etc. it was just wonderful. Thanks for making our experience very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The Who's Who of OKC dine here. Intimate setting. Tables are close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ambiance and good foodLilyOKCDined on 11/13/2014The staff reserved a table (for six) for us in the upper level of the dining area because I requested a table to be in a quieter area of the restaurant so we could hear each other without shouting. The table was perfect for us. I had soup and halibut. Both were delicious. I liked the warm crusted bread and the rosemary-infused butter. The complimentary birthday creme brule was both artfully presented and delightful. It was a wonderful setting for a special occasion. Last but not least, our server was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBrianDined on 11/8/2014Great food, service, everything, as usual. And making this 50 characters in length won't make it any better since it is already great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!AustinsFamilyDined on 11/7/2014Excellent as always. Our choice over all others in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014One of OKC's best in food and ambience. A classic that has maintained excellence for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably ExcellentOKCfoodfanVIPDined on 11/6/2014The Metro is always excellent, service, food, specials, and ambiance. The specials keep the menu interesting, and the service is outstanding. The value is unexpected. When in doubt about where to go, I always choose the Metro and it is never a disappointment.Special Features:
- Dark diningAkaBDined on 11/5/2014I love this restaurant! Its lighting is low, ambiance awesome. It is possible to chat with your table and not feel like you're shouting to other surrounding tables. The menu does not change all that often, but the specials are always spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited menuNewtoOKCDined on 11/4/2014The menu was limited and surprisingly the wine selection was also. Wine by the bottle was expensive, but if you like to purchase wine by the ounce this is the place. The food was quite good and the atmosphere and ambiance were nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- funnygirlDined on 11/3/2014Three of us (out of four) had the Cedar Plant Salmon - Awesome!Special Features:
- Never disappointsMichmitchDined on 11/1/2014I really love Metro Wine Bar. I have been with my husband on dates, with friends, and groups and every visit is always wonderful. I highly recommend the mushroom ravioli and lamb potstickers!Special Features:
- Never disappointsOKCdinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014Our favorite restaurant in OKC. One reason: the owners are always there to greet, oversee, and make sure all of their guests are taken care of. This restaurant is the perfect example of how a restaurant should be run!Special Features:
- Wonderful!!!!ems301Dined on 10/31/2014Our experience was perfect!!!! I tried a wine and didn't really like it, so the manager brought me a taste of another so I would be happy! He knew exactly which one to bring when I told him what I liked. Also, the bar tender picked a beer for my husband and he loved it. The food was amazing, very different and full of flavor!!! The wait staff was very attentive and took very good care of us!!! Wonderful visit!! Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationokiedokieDined on 10/28/2014Service was professional, food delicious, nice comfortable environment. This restsurant has all the elements needed to create an enjoyable dining experience. This was my second visit and I was pleased that this visit was as good as the first. Consistency is not easy to find in dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening.oldfashionedcriticDined on 10/26/2014The only complaint we had was the two foodies behind us the that were loud and didn't stop talking even to eat. Meal was excellent. Staff was very attentive. Don't know why I haven't heard of the of the restaurant before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOUDadDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were searching for a place to take our daughter for her 21st birthday. The TripAdvisor reviews did not steer us wrong; Metro Wine Bar was fantastic. To begin with, we liked that it was small and we didn't have to walk blocks to the restaurant and/or fight for a parking spot. We were greeted immediately and our table was ready. It took a few minutes for our waiter to get to our table but after that the service was great. The wine, the food and the dessert were all outstanding. The evening was exactly what we wanted it to be and personalized dessert plate topped off the dinner; my daughter was beaming. We'll return to this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Favorite placeJochambersVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service is always great I love that it is good all of the time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableRicardoVIPDined on 10/21/2014Food and service were great! We have dined at here many times beforehand we will again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic.KadosiraDined on 10/20/2014The service was impeccable. Our waiter was very polite and amicable. He was also very knowledgable on the wines. The food was delicious! I highly recommend the pepper seared ahi tuna appetizer. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HSPSVIPDined on 10/11/2014The Metro again was wonderful. We met another couple here for dinner on Saturday evening. Had a nice quiet table in the tapestry room so we could catch up on conversation. The seasonal special of halibut was very good and the diver scallop as an evening special was excellent. Service, as always, was very good.Special Features:
- DinnerSarejVIPDined on 10/1/2014Metro is consistently good.......we are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Great wine and dinnerKTFTVIPDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed a nice relaxing dinner, it was great to have the wine flight to try different wines. Found two new great wines. Food was delicious and service was outstanding.Special Features:
- A consistent favorite!GizmoDined on 9/19/2014Love this restaurant; it has never failed in its ability to have delicious food, great wine list, attentive service, wonderful ambience and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I met a friend for our first date. That was the first time I've been there and was impressed. She had been there before because she recommended it. I will do the same. Also, I love to cook and get many ideas from dining out. That was the first time I had risotto. It was wonderful and am attempting to make it myself tonight along with Braised Beef Burgandy. I would have made it last night except the Chuck has to marinate 16-24 hours. The food was awesome, the environment was quiet, the service was great, and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbienceJoannVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was delicious. I ordered the Sunday Supper. The cod was cooked to perfection and flavorful and the Ozark pudding was terribly good and terribly fattening and I've been walking on the treadmill ever since. This is the third time we've been to The Metro and we plan to go back many times more. The room was full of people but really not particularly loud and the service was great!!! Thanks, Metro!Special Features:
- My daughters 20th birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My daughter is a student at OU. I wanted to take her someplace special for her birthday. Being from Dallas, I'm not familiar with Oklahoma City so I went on trip advisor and looked up the best of the best in OKC and hit the jackpot when I picked The Metro Wine Bar and Bistro!! The moment we arrived they wished my daughter a "Happy Birthday" and the evening just got better from there!! My daughter had the salmon and I had the shrimp and scallop risotto, both dishes were stunningly delicious!! For dessert they brought my daughter a wonderful chocolate fudge cake and I had the bread pudding, both were delish!! It was the perfect mother/daughter evening, very enjoyable and memorable!! Thanks for going above and beyond for our special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightMetroVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is the place we go for Date Night ... always something special & service is off the chart!Special Features:
- DissapointedcancelledDined on 9/4/2014Our reservations were cancelled by the restaurant the morning of the lunch (even though they had been confirmed by email the night before) due to "some work that wasn't completed." Poor management performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We love everything about the Metro! This is one of the few remaining restaurants for a nice quiet evening wine and dine experience with great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBrianDined on 8/29/2014As always, everything was just great. Good to see everyone and look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableSarejVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food and service are always very good at Metro. That's why it is on our favorite list.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usual!DateNightDiningDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding as usual. And the service was top notch. I always recommend this place to anyone who hasn't been there to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely date night spotFoodiejulesDined on 8/22/2014Great food and service with an extensive wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonally perfect!LaceyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Seasonally perfect menu. Always warm and gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was exceptional. The keylime pie was the best I've tasted. Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offLunchieDined on 8/18/2014I love the metro and have always enjoyed the food and overall atmosphere. This lunch was a little off though. I had the cod and quinoa special. The fish was delicious but the quinoa and fish were both very, very salty. So much so I didn't finish my lunch. My reservation was at 1 and our server would disappear for long stretches. By the time we left the restaurant was mostly empty and our server was occupied with turning tables and resetting. We ordered dessert as it was a birthday and it took forever. Disappointed in the Metro this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in NW OKC!DaddydocDined on 8/16/2014This has always been a favorite of ours! Dependably excellent service and food is always outstanding! Don't pass up dessert either--best cheesecake I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatWmanDined on 8/16/2014Some may view the Metro as a "special occasion" place, but we don't. It's just too good for that, we just go whenever an outstanding evening of dining is in order. My wife has the butter fish special and I had the flounder, both fish that require excellent preparation, not a problem at the Metro, however. Everything was perfect, the service was friendly and efficient. We will look forward to our next visit - won't be long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely DinnerYumYum1VIPDined on 8/15/2014A friend and I recently enjoyed dinner at Metro Wine Bar and Bistro. We had an early dinner reservation (7PM), but by the time we left, (9:30PM), the restaurant was full of diners. Our dinner was lovely, well prepared, fresh, and imaginatively conceived. I settled on a wine flight with my meal because the wines were excellent and interesting. Our server was timely, solicitous and attentive, but not cloying…I would say, a perfect server. I was too full to try dessert..but I definitely will return and remember to leave room to share a dessert, to finish off another meal. I always return to Metro, because of the restaurant's consistency, creativity and inviting atmosphere.Special Features: