The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
6418 N Western Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.metrowinebar.com/
- Phone: 4058409463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday- Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Rolyn Soberanis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Metro offers fine catering for small dinner parties and receptions. Each event is planned by the Metro service and kitchen staff to meet the client's needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Tapestry Room seats up to 40 guests in hushed and elegant comfort. Groups over 15 will be offered a special menu with options to please everyone but with courses synchronized to facilitate a smooth flow of service.
The entire restaurant may be rented out for private functions. Surcharges apply.
- Private Party Contact: LaVeryl Lower 4058409463
A word from The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro has been at the cutting edge of food and wine in Oklahoma City for over twenty years. While always evolving and changing, the one constant at The Metro is the world-class food, service and a focus on fine wines paired with our wonderful cuisine. Drop by for a glass of wine and an appetizer at the bar... or come to spend an evening of great dining. We can be as casual or as formal as the occasion demands. We are open seven nights a week for dinner... and every weekday for lunch. We are open all afternoon on weekdays for a late lunch, early dinner or just wine & cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Oklahoma City ›
The Metro Wine Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (88)neighborhood gem (86)fit for foodies (81)notable wine list (76)great for lunch (42)good for groups (32)great for brunch (13)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I met a friend for our first date. That was the first time I've been there and was impressed. She had been there before because she recommended it. I will do the same. Also, I love to cook and get many ideas from dining out. That was the first time I had risotto. It was wonderful and am attempting to make it myself tonight along with Braised Beef Burgandy. I would have made it last night except the Chuck has to marinate 16-24 hours. The food was awesome, the environment was quiet, the service was great, and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbienceJoannDined on 9/7/2014The food was delicious. I ordered the Sunday Supper. The cod was cooked to perfection and flavorful and the Ozark pudding was terribly good and terribly fattening and I've been walking on the treadmill ever since. This is the third time we've been to The Metro and we plan to go back many times more. The room was full of people but really not particularly loud and the service was great!!! Thanks, Metro!Special Features:
- DissapointedcancelledDined on 9/4/2014Our reservations were cancelled by the restaurant the morning of the lunch (even though they had been confirmed by email the night before) due to "some work that wasn't completed." Poor management performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We love everything about the Metro! This is one of the few remaining restaurants for a nice quiet evening wine and dine experience with great service and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysBrianDined on 8/29/2014As always, everything was just great. Good to see everyone and look forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableSarejVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food and service are always very good at Metro. That's why it is on our favorite list.Special Features:
- Outstanding as usual!DateNightDiningDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding as usual. And the service was top notch. I always recommend this place to anyone who hasn't been there to know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely date night spotFoodiejulesDined on 8/22/2014Great food and service with an extensive wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonally perfect!LaceyVIPDined on 8/20/2014Seasonally perfect menu. Always warm and gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Wonderful dining experience. Food was exceptional. The keylime pie was the best I've tasted. Can't wait to eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little offLunchieDined on 8/18/2014I love the metro and have always enjoyed the food and overall atmosphere. This lunch was a little off though. I had the cod and quinoa special. The fish was delicious but the quinoa and fish were both very, very salty. So much so I didn't finish my lunch. My reservation was at 1 and our server would disappear for long stretches. By the time we left the restaurant was mostly empty and our server was occupied with turning tables and resetting. We ordered dessert as it was a birthday and it took forever. Disappointed in the Metro this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in NW OKC!DaddydocDined on 8/16/2014This has always been a favorite of ours! Dependably excellent service and food is always outstanding! Don't pass up dessert either--best cheesecake I've ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatWmanDined on 8/16/2014Some may view the Metro as a "special occasion" place, but we don't. It's just too good for that, we just go whenever an outstanding evening of dining is in order. My wife has the butter fish special and I had the flounder, both fish that require excellent preparation, not a problem at the Metro, however. Everything was perfect, the service was friendly and efficient. We will look forward to our next visit - won't be long!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely DinnerYumYum1VIPDined on 8/15/2014A friend and I recently enjoyed dinner at Metro Wine Bar and Bistro. We had an early dinner reservation (7PM), but by the time we left, (9:30PM), the restaurant was full of diners. Our dinner was lovely, well prepared, fresh, and imaginatively conceived. I settled on a wine flight with my meal because the wines were excellent and interesting. Our server was timely, solicitous and attentive, but not cloying…I would say, a perfect server. I was too full to try dessert..but I definitely will return and remember to leave room to share a dessert, to finish off another meal. I always return to Metro, because of the restaurant's consistency, creativity and inviting atmosphere.Special Features:
- Hit & MissOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit and overall liked it! I ordered the salmon with green beans and mashed potatoes, it was excellent. My husband ordered steak and frites; the steak was over cooked and had no flavor. Excellent wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- email@example.comMillieDined on 8/14/2014Great food, great service wonderful evening celebrating my birdaySpecial Features:
- AnniversaryokcdinerDined on 8/14/2014First time to Metro. Flounder dish was outstanding. Steak frites was just OK. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HSPSVIPDined on 8/14/2014Again, a wonderful experience at. The Metro. My wife had the diver scallop special and I had the duck on the seasonal menu. Both entrees were excellent. We shared a delicious Oregon Pinot and closed with the chocolate cake.Special Features:
- Reliably OutstandingleftyDined on 8/10/2014Have been a regular for 15 years, and Metro is my "go to" standard for a consistently excellent dining experience for business and pleasure. Out of town visitors from places with sophisticated dining ootions (NYC, Philly, London UK) are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationEating4FunDined on 8/9/2014Anytime we make the trip to the Metro from Norman, we know it will be worth the trip. The food was fish special was incredible. We look forward to our next experience.Special Features:
- Locals love it here!CactuspalDined on 8/9/2014Excellent service, food, and wine list. Many patrons were local and new the proprietors. Do get a reservation or may be a wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteVanceDDined on 8/8/2014The Metro is one of the most consistently excellent restaurants in the OKC metro. A diverse menu complimented with creative chef specials appeals to a wide range of tastes. A creative wine list additionally offers many new tasting experiences via "wine flights". Professional service, well-prepared food in a cozy, lively dining area makes for a dependably memorable experience. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OverratedLoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 8/4/2014I was disappointed in the quality of the food. The crab cakes were deep fried, and it didn't indicate such on the menu. I never would have ordered them. Then, there was insufficient sauce.
- A1 serviceJackstaDined on 8/2/2014Service was impeccable, Brandon was on top of his game. The food was also great even though I ordered a medium well fillet and it was well, it still was tender. Great bar !! We will definitely be back. Note my waiter offered to get me another steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a great experience...iamafoodieDined on 8/2/2014Loved everything about this place! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice eveningTulsairishVIPDined on 8/2/2014The location is easy to get to, parking was easy. We were pleased with the service. Knowledgable staff, very attentive without being overbearing. The meal, as always, was very good. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It doesn't get any better1stTimeLastTimeDined on 7/31/2014My business partner and I were fortunate to find this place. As foodservice design consultants, we travel often and are always seeking out restaurants that are both local and, hopefully, exceptional. We are not always successful in finding these gems. However, for this dinner, we cannot give higher marks for the great wine list, expertly and creatively prepared foods, and attentive service. We arrived, on a Thursday evening, and found the place intimate and busy. This is the sort of place that made me wish I had been in the company of my wife, instead of my biz partner. It's just that good. When I am in Oklahoma City, again, I will be back here, again. This place really "gets its right."Special Features:
- Metro is always great..FoodieDined on 7/26/2014Chris and LaVeryl (and Sam) always make you feel welcome!Special Features:
- jakeeatsDined on 7/23/2014Excellent dinner and excellent service. Some in our group had food allergies and our server was extremely diligent about checking with the chef to ensure compliance with our needs. This is our go-to restaurant when we want to be assured of great food and service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateHaroldDined on 7/23/2014We had a party of 6 (4 adults and 4 children), celebrating a significant career accomplishment for our son, one of the adults. Our table was ready for us, with a high chair for the toddler, when we arrived. The food was excellent, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!VIckieH22Dined on 7/19/2014My first visit there and I was pleased all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightGeorgeDined on 7/18/2014Great meal and service. Friendly waitstaff. Had the opa special-fantastic.Special Features:
- HmmmmmmOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2014I usually enjoy the Metro and am hesitant to give a poor review but my meal was really not up to the standards of the Metro. We were seated at a booth at the end of the bar. I was worried that it would be noisy but this wasn't the case. I was disappointed in the service, however the place was packed for a Monday night. It was French Independence Day; perhaps this was the reason. My steak was overcook and tough. Had it not been a very long day I would've returned it to the kitchen. I just didn't have the energy for the battle, nor the patience to wait for a replacement. My husband's meal was also below what we've come to expect from The Metro. We will be back, of course, but OKC is full of great places to eat and competition is fierce.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!Maddog1Dined on 7/14/2014You can always count on The Metro for a wonderful evening. The drinks are great, the menu is diverse and the service superb! And, they have the best rolls in town. My FAVOR8!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening to rememberThunderfan68Dined on 7/12/2014We had an outstanding dinner experience. Menu was very diversified and wine list complimented all the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencewinnerVIPDined on 7/12/2014This was our second time to dine at Metro and we were very pleased once again. We will recommend you to firends and be back many times ourselves in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Dining OccassionOKCCoolDiningDined on 7/12/2014Took Kristin to dinner and had such a special dining experience. Started off with probably the best server I have ever had; very well presented, knowledge of the menu, wine list and especially the deserts--outstanding!Special Features:
- ALWAY good!OttoDined on 7/10/2014I love every bit of The Metro! The food, wine, service and staff. You will always leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected outcome deliveredleftyDined on 7/10/2014Very good, as is reliably the case. Service was a tad off at the start but all was well once we got going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KayphdVIPDined on 7/8/2014I love the Metro. I eat there several times a month. Food and service are excellent. The hot, crispy rolls are terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.