The Mermaid Tavern
1345 Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Mermaid Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mermaidtavernandrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8057777418
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chris Miehle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Private Catering
- Entertainment: Please check our website for more information.
A word from The Mermaid Tavern
The Mermaid Tavern is the place that Thousand Oaks has been waiting for. A posh and friendly gastro pub dining experience, offering a variety of small plates to share, gourmet entrees and lavish pastries. Along with a wide selection of craft beers, local and imported wines The Mermaid Tavern provides live entertainment Thursdays, Fridays and Saturday nights. Delivering A friendly hospitable atmosphere inviting you to drink, dine and unwind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mermaid Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
- Second visit to Mermaid Tavern.LyndaVIPDined on 1/21/2013Second visit to Mermaid Tavern. First time was for a birthday drinks/dinner with friends. Service was fine, food was average but, once the (mediocre) band started, we couldn't hear anyone talk so we left. This visit was for lunch with a friend. The place was empty. Service was fine (after all, we were the only ones there) but the food was, again, just average. Both times I've felt the place wasn't very inviting. Feels dark and too much like a dive bar rather than an appetizing venue. Sorry but I can't recommend as first choice for dining.
- I hope that this place doesOverkaleVIPDined on 1/5/2013I hope that this place does well -- I wanted to like it more. It's well located, good parking, and a nice space inside (very neighborhood-y with a bar, a TV, booths). The service is good, and the menu is very well intentioned -- great stuff on the menu, and a trend towards healthy and "foodie", but the actual food served just doesn't cut it. It's okay, but not great. My guess is that the regular stuff, like burgers and fries are better than the salads, soups and sandwiches..... which were, again, okay, not great.
- Service was slow and we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012Service was slow and we had to remind the waitress many times to bring us things like silver ware and salad dressing... food was good once it arrived.
- Way too noisy, and big groupsLesthepressVIPDined on 12/19/2012Way too noisy, and big groups slowed the service. Food was okay.
- Get the fish and chips amazingChristineVIPDined on 12/15/2012Get the fish and chips amazing and the pretzel bread!Special Features:
- Did not have open table reservationNumbr4Dined on 12/1/2012Did not have open table reservations available for us or the party in front of us. But we were seated. Both food items I ordered were not correct. Fries not even cooked. Took a long time to return with correct order. Waitress and manager nice about it. Second time I've been there probably won't go back. Have a band so it was loud for dinner.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/12/2012Really enjoyed our visit. Food was affordable and very good. Great beer selection. Good kids menu. Kids especially enjoyed the pretzel bread. My wife initially want to visit the restaurant because of a bad experience with the Roxy Deli, which previously occupied the location. She really enjoyed her meal and the ambiance.Special Features:
- Almost but not quite for new placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012There for dinner at 8:15 on a Saturday night and found the place empty (2 couples at dinner, 1 couple dancing and 2 old guys at bar). There was a band playing on top of the sports on TV with speakers up high so our main complaint was the lack of ambiance and sheer volume of noise. Tuna Tartar and Buffalo Chicken sandwich were 3-1/2 out of five so above average. Got the feeling our waitress was in a hurry to get out of there so service was short but not rude. This is the type of place that definitely needs to be busy for it to not seem cavernous and empty. Overall FAIR rating with potential if they can iron out the bumps.