11909 Preston Rd. Suite 1418
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcrowd.com/mercury/index.asp
- Phone: (972) 960-7774
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Mercury does off site catering for every type of event no matter how large or small. Let the Mercury cater your next event! Please call Lisa Clark at 972-822-8757 for details.
A word from The Mercury
Award Winning Contemporary American cuisine. Exceptional food in a neighborhood atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mercury reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (64)special occasion (59)romantic (39)good for groups (35)notable wine list (34)great for lunch (29)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice Dinner FindsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Great restaurant gem, The staff are attentive but not bothersome. Food is excellent. Have enjoyed this restaurant a few times with friends, clients and family. Not a kids place which is nice for anyone that has grown children and enjoys an adult dinner. Bar area a bit small and always full. Make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!VALLAWVIPDined on 11/20/2014Thank you for a spectacular evening and a fabulous dinner. Our server Diego was outstanding!Special Features:
- Service was amazing!!HappyDined on 11/14/2014Great place to take out of town people!! Service was fabulous, atmosphere perfect & noise level perfect to talk!! The chef did a great job of taking care of all of the crazy dietary restrictions of our table. Love that it is close by and easy parking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turn up the heat!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The food and service were great, but we were sitting at a table near the front of the restaurant and it was freezing cold! Love the restaurant - but will NEVER sit at that table again. I had to wear my coat the whole time. If it's cold in the winter, it surely must be uncomfortable in the summer too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarthaDined on 11/11/2014Mercury has been our go to place for years. We love it.Special Features:
- Yummy Lunch Uh-gain!DallasDiner4Dined on 11/10/2014Celebrated a dear friend's lunch at The Mercury this week. Always reliable, the lunch was delicious. Cracklin' Chicken was indeed tender with a crispy non fried outer texture. The pan-seared fish was tipped with perfectly prepped veggies. No wine on this visit but it's good to know the wine list is diverse and expansive the next time we dine here. And we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Wow! I'm so impressed with The Mercury. The service & food were excellent. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Consistently OUTSTANDING in service and foodJanetVIPDined on 11/6/2014Dining at The Mercury is always a treat! THE BEST steak in town and the service is always refreshingly great!Special Features:
- Always reliableHeadhunterVIPDined on 11/1/2014Return time and again. Rarely ever leave less than thoroughly pleased. Great place, well run, consistently high quality in all aspects.Special Features:
- One of the best.DaveVIPDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is lovely old world look, food is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The Mercury is a unique neighborhood find! Food is inventive and delicious. Highly recommend the tuna tartar, black cod, duck and chocolate souffle.Special Features:
- service was poor for the pricebransonchDined on 10/18/2014When we arrived and were seated, the waiter told us they had no menus left--he would try to find some. Our waiter never asked if we wanted to see the wine list and only brought it to us after we requested one. The waiter apologized twice for our salads taking so long to arrive, and the entrees were also unnecessarily slow. My caviar-egg was delicious, and generally the food was very good--although my salmon was overcooked. We were not offered coffees or after-dinner drinks. the meal took more than 2.5 hours, but it easily could have been done an hour faster. We didn't drink a bottle of wine, but did have 2 cocktails (1 each), 1 glass of wine, and a cognac. Our bill including tip was $275. I would not recommend The Mercury.
- Always a solid choice!DocSavageVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to the Mercury 2 or 3 times, and it never disappoints. This was the first time I tried on a Saturday, and it was packed. During the week, it can be almost empty. Service was excellent, the wine list is great, and the food is really good. Must try it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Our waiter, Adam, was very good. He was attentive without being intrusive. The food was very good, but it seemed that it took a while for it to get to our table and the place was not all that busy. It was, however, worth the wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration locationLizzieDined on 10/14/2014Asked for a spot away from others, just in case our voices roared, and got it! The service was incredible and the food, one of the best for me...the other five felt the same. The Black Cod was impeccable, melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were great as always. However we were seated in the side room where there was a strong smell of fresh paint. It was also very cold and uncomfortable. The server told us to get a shot of tequila to warm us up. Not sure if he was kidding or not. The music was too loud and was eventually turned down. Server said they were doing work on that side and had the doors open to get rid of smell. But the AC was blowing cold air on us the entire dinner. Will be back but will ask to not be seated on that side again.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DuchessVIPDined on 10/10/2014The tuna tartare with crisp butter fries was delicious. Dover sole...wonderful! One of the best meals I've had in ages. We love our neighborhood "pub". And did I mention the Grand Marnier soufflé ...to die for.Special Features:
- Great FoodLuvNewDined on 10/9/2014I took my daughter to lunch at The Mercury this past week. Our lunch was delicious, but better yet were the dessert soufflés! Few places have them, and these were a real treat. I made reservations for next week with my friends. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtogoDined on 10/8/2014we have dined at the mercury for several years and continue to enjoy its fine food....its worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Private dining in back for important business lunch. Perfect accommodation - excellent service. First class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal!LadylovesfoodDined on 9/26/2014My solo dining experience was perfect. The food was expertly prepared from beginning to dessert and the wait staff was attentive but not overly obsequious. I will return and hopefully soon.Special Features:
- Always great!HineSrDined on 9/23/2014This restaurant is my favorite in Dallas. The food is always consistantly great. The service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We always love the food at The Mercury. Our last visit was no exception. Unfortunately, the dinner service was extremely slow this time. It took more than 1 hour from the time we sat down to receive our entrees. It felt like an episode from "Hells Kitchen" when everyone is waiting around for the food because the kitchen is in disarray. We were told something to the effect that the chef was not at The Mercury that night and that the new sous chef was much slower. Nevertheless, the food was up to the normal high standards and quality even if the dinner service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecclectic experienceimonsecondVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, especially for lunch. We had dinner for 4 on a Saturday night. The two seafood entrees (salmon and halibut) were overcooked which is very unusual. The two meat entrees (veal melanese and lamb shank) were cooked to perfection. Thus, the 3 star rating on food. Normally, I give it 4 stars. Service was friendly and impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecoveringdaysgonebyDined on 9/19/2014Deciding to give The Mercury another chance proved to be a good decision. A management decision to book a large group into the Manhattan room after being almost booked resulted in a long wait and poor service for many ruined an evening for many a few months ago. The food has been very good on the half dozen times I've been there--maybe they are getting the message that service counts. If you want a quieter dinner ask for the Manhattan room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter (I believe his name was Diego) was excellent. We got drinks before dinner and the bartender was excellent, the drinks were strong and not over priced. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- Consistent greatnessEatingoutVIPDined on 9/17/2014Based on a recent review, I had the braised short ribs as an appetizer and they were remarkable. Great flavor and tender as can be. My main course of the ahi steak was ideal. I ordered it lightly seared which resulted in a perfect warm outside and nice cool center. The Mercury never fails to impress and satisfy.Special Features:
- StraydogDined on 9/15/2014Our twelfth year. Has kept high standards and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicesatnightdinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had not been here in years and was glad we came back. Food was well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great service!CassDined on 9/12/2014Our group was originally seated beneath a very noisy air duct that was rattling. We requested being moved to another table and the manager was eventually persuaded to accomodate. Management and the servers were very attentive and made sure we were happy for the remainder of the meal. We also have many of our leadership hour hours there, as well as special occassions in their small event room. It's a great location with delicious food.Special Features:
- Just great food and servicesmileguyDined on 9/10/2014We ate on a Wednesday night and there were very few people in the restaurant so we were a little apprehensive. But from the appetizers to the dessert everything was top notch. Our waiter Diego was superb and I had the best prepared halibut I have ever had. I very highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing menu and awesome service.LexusrobDined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere, attention to every need and impeccable service were just the start of an awesome dining experience. The chocolate soufflé for dessert was indescribably wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Consistently a good dining choice. Crisp Salmon over white bean ragout remains a favorite. Service is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But for the maître d'...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014While we enjoyed our dinner; food was good and service from the wait staff was personal and good. But the (apparent) maître d' stood with his arms crossed with a stern look in various places around the restaurant. Never a hint of a smile or anything pleasant whatsoever. And of course he didn't come by our table and as far as I could tell, he did not visit any of the tables in the dining room. Between appetizers, the main course, and an expensive bottle of wine; it was considerable tab. I expect better and do typically get better at so many of the good restaurants in the area.
- AmazinganonDined on 8/30/2014We absolutely loved our dinner at the Mercury. Had no clue it had been right in our backyard this whole time- we had 8 people and could not have asked for better service or food quality! By the way, get the Black Cod...amazing!Special Features:
- It was okaySamInDallasDined on 8/29/2014The beet salad was odd. Huge piece of goat cheese as the centerpiece without many greens. Ribeye was $45 and sold as their most flavorful steak. It was barely seasoned, and was a tough bite. Also, lots of inedible fat around the sides. I didn't bother eating it all. My wife said the Cod was good. I'd get that next time, though I doubt we will return. Desserts were ok, but the ice cream wasn't very creamy. Waiter was entertaining.
- DeliciousJjdallasDined on 8/22/2014Food fantastic as always...great service! Fun upscale bar area.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Missed BirthdaykddaltxDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent...as always. Disappointed that restaurant did not pick up special note from online reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Why submit a special request if the restaurant doesn't pay attention to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our special placeAKDallasDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love The Mercury! The food is consistently "over the top" great and we really enjoy the complimentary pate that comes with the bread! It is our go-to place for special occasions and for a last-minute drop-in for a quick bite and/or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always amazing! Love the pate to start. The shrimp and grits are my favorite.Special Features: