11909 Preston Rd. Suite 1418
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcrowd.com/mercury/index.asp
- Phone: 972-960-7774
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Mercury does off site catering for every type of event no matter how large or small. Let the Mercury cater your next event! Please call Lisa Clark at 972-822-8757 for details.
A word from The Mercury
Award Winning Contemporary American cuisine. Exceptional food in a neighborhood atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mercury reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (56)fit for foodies (48)romantic (44)notable wine list (33)good for groups (23)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (13)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great ServicesatnightdinerDined on 9/13/2014Had not been here in years and was glad we came back. Food was well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Our group was originally seated beneath a very noisy air duct that was rattling. We requested being moved to another table and the manager was eventually persuaded to accomodate. Management and the servers were very attentive and made sure we were happy for the remainder of the meal. We also have many of our leadership hour hours there, as well as special occassions in their small event room. It's a great location with delicious food.Special Features:
- Just great food and servicesmileguyDined on 9/10/2014We ate on a Wednesday night and there were very few people in the restaurant so we were a little apprehensive. But from the appetizers to the dessert everything was top notch. Our waiter Diego was superb and I had the best prepared halibut I have ever had. I very highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing menu and awesome service.LexusrobDined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere, attention to every need and impeccable service were just the start of an awesome dining experience. The chocolate soufflé for dessert was indescribably wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Consistently a good dining choice. Crisp Salmon over white bean ragout remains a favorite. Service is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But for the maître d'...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014While we enjoyed our dinner; food was good and service from the wait staff was personal and good. But the (apparent) maître d' stood with his arms crossed with a stern look in various places around the restaurant. Never a hint of a smile or anything pleasant whatsoever. And of course he didn't come by our table and as far as I could tell, he did not visit any of the tables in the dining room. Between appetizers, the main course, and an expensive bottle of wine; it was considerable tab. I expect better and do typically get better at so many of the good restaurants in the area.
- AmazinganonDined on 8/30/2014We absolutely loved our dinner at the Mercury. Had no clue it had been right in our backyard this whole time- we had 8 people and could not have asked for better service or food quality! By the way, get the Black Cod...amazing!Special Features:
- It was okaySamInDallasDined on 8/29/2014The beet salad was odd. Huge piece of goat cheese as the centerpiece without many greens. Ribeye was $45 and sold as their most flavorful steak. It was barely seasoned, and was a tough bite. Also, lots of inedible fat around the sides. I didn't bother eating it all. My wife said the Cod was good. I'd get that next time, though I doubt we will return. Desserts were ok, but the ice cream wasn't very creamy. Waiter was entertaining.
- DeliciousJjdallasDined on 8/22/2014Food fantastic as always...great service! Fun upscale bar area.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Missed BirthdaykddaltxDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent...as always. Disappointed that restaurant did not pick up special note from online reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Why submit a special request if the restaurant doesn't pay attention to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our special placeAKDallasDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love The Mercury! The food is consistently "over the top" great and we really enjoy the complimentary pate that comes with the bread! It is our go-to place for special occasions and for a last-minute drop-in for a quick bite and/or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always amazing! Love the pate to start. The shrimp and grits are my favorite.Special Features:
- great for lunch- business lunchimonsecondVIPDined on 8/4/2014I come here often for lunch. They are, again, fine tuning their burger menu which needs to be updated on Opentable. You no longer have a choice of a side order of fries as it is included in all the entrees of the burger menu. This means you are now paying $15 for a burger even if you DON'T want fries. Otherwise, the lunch menu is great, the burger menu is so-so (thus the three stars for food). It's also a great place to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Lemondrop1VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was fabulous! Unfortunately our waiter was extremely inattentive . It took 40 minutes from the time we received our salads to get our main courses. That was finally after we complained to the maître de because our server was nowhere to be found. Very disappointing as we loved the food and have had previous good luck. We think our waiter forgot to put in the order, bit then never checked to see how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the BestpsmithiiVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have never had a bad meal at the Mercury. Great food with great service. Will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner RestauantKevinDined on 7/23/2014Always consistent - good service and great food. Dinner specials are the choice and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingenjoy2eatDined on 7/23/2014Chef Chris Ward is a outstanding and talented. I had the blacken snapper and the ribs as an appetizer; what a fantastic meal. If you have a client or need a great place to take your wife I would recommend the Mercury. The wait staff was very attentive and made the meal a very relaxing and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Dallas Finest!!!GoldgateVIPDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I dined at The Mercury this evening. This is one of our favorite places. We're never disappointed. The service, food and ambiance are consistently superior. I had the beef short ribs and she had the halibut. Both dishes spectacular! One simply can't do any better than this. Below are a couple of clips representing each dish. Just copy and paste in your browser. Halibut http://firstclassdallas.com/fcd.company.display.asp?CompanyID=379 Short Ribs http://firstclassdallas.com/fcd.company.display.asp?CompanyID=385 We can't wait to come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 7/17/2014This is my go-to for luncheons, but dinner is really fantastic. We had one of the seasonal specials, fried oysters which is nothing like you ever tasted. Talk about light and tender! Try the Veal Milanaise which comes with the best spaetzle in town. More standard dishes such as the Prime Ribeye were also excellent. Even if the entrees as you gaze at the menu might seem standard, the accompaniments are quite special, sometimes unique. Service is very friendly and attentive without hovering. It's a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely serviceDoubleLDined on 7/11/2014Mercury is a terrific spot for a North Dallas business lunch and a nice alternative to the traffic burden of Preston Center. I like the light but flavorful salads but the entree selections are unique and always excellent.Special Features:
- Great eats in a shopping center!jawsofkyDined on 7/8/2014In town at the Cooper Clinic we found this amazing restaurant and bar just 0.3 miles away. We were graciously welcomed even though we were 40 minutes early due to extreme hunger. This is the only restaurant ever where we ordered drinks and were allowed to enjoy them for a bit BEFORE receiving our menus for the evening. Nice touch, wish they all did that. My husband ordered the pear and gorgonzola salad while I opted for the kalamata bread and artichoke salad. Both were a taste explosion that delighted. A perfectly cooked Filet for him and pan roasted Halibut for me, equally well prepared. We ordered a share side of Pommes Frites which unfortunately was addictive. A must try next time you are there! Our waiter, Diego, made our visit perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mercury Never DisappointsSanFranVisitorVIPDined on 7/8/2014I was back in Dallas and had such a great experience at Mercury that I wanted to return. Even better this time. The steak with crab topping was fabulous. Ask to be in Eric's section - he is the best waiter in Texas! Will be back.Special Features:
- Wish I had room for dessert.PurpleHazeDined on 7/5/2014The food was fantastic. Just wish I had left room for dessert. They have all of the classics.Special Features:
- Best kept SecretPlanOgirlVIPDined on 6/28/2014What Preston Hallow knows, but the rest of Dallas doesn't is that Mercury is one of the best restuarants in town. Chris Ward, delivers a diverse selection of simple but tasty plates. This resturant does not follow some of the latest trends of infusing flavors or topping everything with foam, it shines without a lot of fuss. It consistently delivers well-seasoned and well-prepared food with impeccable service. There is nothing dated about that!Special Features:
- Maybe it was just an off nightdisappointedDined on 6/28/2014I've eaten at The Mercury in the past and enjoyed the food but wasn't very impressed on this occasion. We were seated in the side room which was a plus because it was much quieter and I could actually hear my dining companion as we talked. Overall I was left feeling I wouldn't bother to come back--the food is too expensive not to have a great meal.Special Features:
- pretty good neighborhood restaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was my go-to neighborhood restaurant for lunch because they cooked hamburgers to perfection and it's a great place to get together with friends. French fries are also great. They have now combined the two for $15 which means you can't just order the hamburger and who orders a hamburger for $15? Makes for an expensive lunch. Think the normal menu is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch DinnerCvh9Dined on 6/21/2014Took the wife for her birthday and couldn't have been happier, food and wine was outstanding. The service was unbelievably great - our waiter was watchful and attentive. Took cues perfectly and knew exactly when to be around and when not to be. In hindsight the 35% tip may have been too low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- granmmyduckVIPDined on 6/19/2014food was surprisingly bland and "cronuts" awfully greasy--unusual for this typicall consistent restaurant. i asked for a soft drink between first and second course--never came, never mentioned even as dessert orders were taken. it's the little things.....
- TomboDined on 6/14/2014Great place. Classy. Romantic. Great food and service. Extensive wine list plus good wines by the glass. A bit pricey so great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Everything was 4-star... out of 4.The whole experience was upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary SpotSimpleFoodie313Dined on 6/5/2014My Husband and I go to the Mercury for our anniversary every year. the food is amazing and fit for our special occasion. We plan to come back every year for many years to come. And the Grand Marnier Souffle is AMAZING!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Dinneruneed2goDined on 6/4/2014Superb food. Best Black Cod dish I've ever had including many in Boston where Cod is a staple. Kalamata Bread salad a unique, flavorful and different salad. treatment. Pleasant atmosphere in the room, liked the lower light level and candles on the tables but a tad noisy in our area near the open kitchen. Would ask for another table away from kitchen next time. Service was very good over all but got a little slower as crowd increased.....our waiter knew the menu, was well versed on various entrees and quite helpful since this was our first visit. Well dressed and mannered clientele which was nice to be among yet not stuffy by any means. Odd location in strip center belies what you find inside which, I suppose, allows reasonable menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ReviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2014Our table of 5 all ordered different items. I had the veal - it is an odd mixture of greens and sliced veal parmesan. The veal was very dry and the vegetables just didn't work, more like something you'd put together as the last of leftovers. Another had the filet w lobster, hard to mess that up. Overall, the menu is week and I'm not inclined to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleasantCargeoTXDined on 6/3/2014Would go back without hesitation. Manager and service persons really on their toes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDallasSallyDallasDined on 6/2/2014As always, the food and service at the Mercury were excellent. I had requested a quiet table, and that is what we had! Throughly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- Active, waiting for "W"Ro72VIPDined on 5/30/2014We've been here before when garlic was the previlent seasoning but it was fine. Hard to have a private conversation but after 50 years we can read each other's lips. Pricing was acceptable and pace was appropriateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jenny74Dined on 5/29/2014Great food and great service. Menu selection was amazing and wines were greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBigDDiningVIPDined on 5/24/2014We live in Longview and come to Dallas several times each year. One of the highlights of our trip is dining at Mercury. We love their martinis, service, and Halibut finished with Lava Cake and a dip of vanilla ice cream and a great cup of black coffee. YUM! Sandra & Jimmy JohnsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyRubyDubyDined on 5/22/2014We wanted a quiet place to have dinner with friends. We booked on Open Table and requested the back room where we have eaten several times. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were told that the back room was only for large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/21/2014I enjoy the food at this restaurant and it is nice to have a business meeting here. However, the waitstaff is extremely rude and I have experienced the same treatment from the waitstaff on several occasions.Special Features:
- The following 940 reviews are from the The Mercury reviews archive.