11909 Preston Rd. Suite 1418
Dallas, TX 75230Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mcrowd.com/mercury/index.asp
- Phone: 972-960-7774
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Ward
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Mercury does off site catering for every type of event no matter how large or small. Let the Mercury cater your next event! Please call Lisa Clark at 972-822-8757 for details.
A word from The Mercury
Award Winning Contemporary American cuisine. Exceptional food in a neighborhood atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mercury reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)special occasion (63)fit for foodies (61)romantic (40)notable wine list (36)good for groups (33)great for lunch (28)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- One of the best.DaveVIPDined on 10/23/2014The restaurant is lovely old world look, food is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014The Mercury is a unique neighborhood find! Food is inventive and delicious. Highly recommend the tuna tartar, black cod, duck and chocolate souffle.Special Features:
- service was poor for the pricebransonchDined on 10/18/2014When we arrived and were seated, the waiter told us they had no menus left--he would try to find some. Our waiter never asked if we wanted to see the wine list and only brought it to us after we requested one. The waiter apologized twice for our salads taking so long to arrive, and the entrees were also unnecessarily slow. My caviar-egg was delicious, and generally the food was very good--although my salmon was overcooked. We were not offered coffees or after-dinner drinks. the meal took more than 2.5 hours, but it easily could have been done an hour faster. We didn't drink a bottle of wine, but did have 2 cocktails (1 each), 1 glass of wine, and a cognac. Our bill including tip was $275. I would not recommend The Mercury.
- Always a solid choice!DocSavageVIPDined on 10/17/2014I've been to the Mercury 2 or 3 times, and it never disappoints. This was the first time I tried on a Saturday, and it was packed. During the week, it can be almost empty. Service was excellent, the wine list is great, and the food is really good. Must try it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/14/2014Our waiter, Adam, was very good. He was attentive without being intrusive. The food was very good, but it seemed that it took a while for it to get to our table and the place was not all that busy. It was, however, worth the wait!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday celebration locationLizzieDined on 10/14/2014Asked for a spot away from others, just in case our voices roared, and got it! The service was incredible and the food, one of the best for me...the other five felt the same. The Black Cod was impeccable, melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food and service were great as always. However we were seated in the side room where there was a strong smell of fresh paint. It was also very cold and uncomfortable. The server told us to get a shot of tequila to warm us up. Not sure if he was kidding or not. The music was too loud and was eventually turned down. Server said they were doing work on that side and had the doors open to get rid of smell. But the AC was blowing cold air on us the entire dinner. Will be back but will ask to not be seated on that side again.Special Features:
- Outstanding!DuchessVIPDined on 10/10/2014The tuna tartare with crisp butter fries was delicious. Dover sole...wonderful! One of the best meals I've had in ages. We love our neighborhood "pub". And did I mention the Grand Marnier soufflé ...to die for.Special Features:
- Great FoodLuvNewDined on 10/9/2014I took my daughter to lunch at The Mercury this past week. Our lunch was delicious, but better yet were the dessert soufflés! Few places have them, and these were a real treat. I made reservations for next week with my friends. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodtogoDined on 10/8/2014we have dined at the mercury for several years and continue to enjoy its fine food....its worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Private dining in back for important business lunch. Perfect accommodation - excellent service. First class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect meal!LadylovesfoodDined on 9/26/2014My solo dining experience was perfect. The food was expertly prepared from beginning to dessert and the wait staff was attentive but not overly obsequious. I will return and hopefully soon.Special Features:
- Always great!HineSrDined on 9/23/2014This restaurant is my favorite in Dallas. The food is always consistantly great. The service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We always love the food at The Mercury. Our last visit was no exception. Unfortunately, the dinner service was extremely slow this time. It took more than 1 hour from the time we sat down to receive our entrees. It felt like an episode from "Hells Kitchen" when everyone is waiting around for the food because the kitchen is in disarray. We were told something to the effect that the chef was not at The Mercury that night and that the new sous chef was much slower. Nevertheless, the food was up to the normal high standards and quality even if the dinner service was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecclectic experienceimonsecondVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is one of my favorite neighborhood restaurants, especially for lunch. We had dinner for 4 on a Saturday night. The two seafood entrees (salmon and halibut) were overcooked which is very unusual. The two meat entrees (veal melanese and lamb shank) were cooked to perfection. Thus, the 3 star rating on food. Normally, I give it 4 stars. Service was friendly and impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecoveringdaysgonebyDined on 9/19/2014Deciding to give The Mercury another chance proved to be a good decision. A management decision to book a large group into the Manhattan room after being almost booked resulted in a long wait and poor service for many ruined an evening for many a few months ago. The food has been very good on the half dozen times I've been there--maybe they are getting the message that service counts. If you want a quieter dinner ask for the Manhattan room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Our waiter (I believe his name was Diego) was excellent. We got drinks before dinner and the bartender was excellent, the drinks were strong and not over priced. Will definitely be going again!Special Features:
- Consistent greatnessEatingoutVIPDined on 9/17/2014Based on a recent review, I had the braised short ribs as an appetizer and they were remarkable. Great flavor and tender as can be. My main course of the ahi steak was ideal. I ordered it lightly seared which resulted in a perfect warm outside and nice cool center. The Mercury never fails to impress and satisfy.Special Features:
- StraydogDined on 9/15/2014Our twelfth year. Has kept high standards and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicesatnightdinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had not been here in years and was glad we came back. Food was well prepared and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great service!CassDined on 9/12/2014Our group was originally seated beneath a very noisy air duct that was rattling. We requested being moved to another table and the manager was eventually persuaded to accomodate. Management and the servers were very attentive and made sure we were happy for the remainder of the meal. We also have many of our leadership hour hours there, as well as special occassions in their small event room. It's a great location with delicious food.Special Features:
- Just great food and servicesmileguyDined on 9/10/2014We ate on a Wednesday night and there were very few people in the restaurant so we were a little apprehensive. But from the appetizers to the dessert everything was top notch. Our waiter Diego was superb and I had the best prepared halibut I have ever had. I very highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Amazing menu and awesome service.LexusrobDined on 9/4/2014The atmosphere, attention to every need and impeccable service were just the start of an awesome dining experience. The chocolate soufflé for dessert was indescribably wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Consistently a good dining choice. Crisp Salmon over white bean ragout remains a favorite. Service is a standout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- But for the maître d'...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014While we enjoyed our dinner; food was good and service from the wait staff was personal and good. But the (apparent) maître d' stood with his arms crossed with a stern look in various places around the restaurant. Never a hint of a smile or anything pleasant whatsoever. And of course he didn't come by our table and as far as I could tell, he did not visit any of the tables in the dining room. Between appetizers, the main course, and an expensive bottle of wine; it was considerable tab. I expect better and do typically get better at so many of the good restaurants in the area.
- AmazinganonDined on 8/30/2014We absolutely loved our dinner at the Mercury. Had no clue it had been right in our backyard this whole time- we had 8 people and could not have asked for better service or food quality! By the way, get the Black Cod...amazing!Special Features:
- It was okaySamInDallasDined on 8/29/2014The beet salad was odd. Huge piece of goat cheese as the centerpiece without many greens. Ribeye was $45 and sold as their most flavorful steak. It was barely seasoned, and was a tough bite. Also, lots of inedible fat around the sides. I didn't bother eating it all. My wife said the Cod was good. I'd get that next time, though I doubt we will return. Desserts were ok, but the ice cream wasn't very creamy. Waiter was entertaining.
- DeliciousJjdallasDined on 8/22/2014Food fantastic as always...great service! Fun upscale bar area.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Missed BirthdaykddaltxDined on 8/18/2014Food was excellent...as always. Disappointed that restaurant did not pick up special note from online reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Why submit a special request if the restaurant doesn't pay attention to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our special placeAKDallasDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I love The Mercury! The food is consistently "over the top" great and we really enjoy the complimentary pate that comes with the bread! It is our go-to place for special occasions and for a last-minute drop-in for a quick bite and/or drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014The food is always amazing! Love the pate to start. The shrimp and grits are my favorite.Special Features:
- great for lunch- business lunchimonsecondVIPDined on 8/4/2014I come here often for lunch. They are, again, fine tuning their burger menu which needs to be updated on Opentable. You no longer have a choice of a side order of fries as it is included in all the entrees of the burger menu. This means you are now paying $15 for a burger even if you DON'T want fries. Otherwise, the lunch menu is great, the burger menu is so-so (thus the three stars for food). It's also a great place to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Lemondrop1VIPDined on 7/25/2014The food was fabulous! Unfortunately our waiter was extremely inattentive . It took 40 minutes from the time we received our salads to get our main courses. That was finally after we complained to the maître de because our server was nowhere to be found. Very disappointing as we loved the food and have had previous good luck. We think our waiter forgot to put in the order, bit then never checked to see how we were doing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the BestpsmithiiVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have never had a bad meal at the Mercury. Great food with great service. Will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business Dinner RestauantKevinDined on 7/23/2014Always consistent - good service and great food. Dinner specials are the choice and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstandingenjoy2eatDined on 7/23/2014Chef Chris Ward is a outstanding and talented. I had the blacken snapper and the ribs as an appetizer; what a fantastic meal. If you have a client or need a great place to take your wife I would recommend the Mercury. The wait staff was very attentive and made the meal a very relaxing and enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Dallas Finest!!!GoldgateVIPDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I dined at The Mercury this evening. This is one of our favorite places. We're never disappointed. The service, food and ambiance are consistently superior. I had the beef short ribs and she had the halibut. Both dishes spectacular! One simply can't do any better than this. Below are a couple of clips representing each dish. Just copy and paste in your browser. Halibut http://firstclassdallas.com/fcd.company.display.asp?CompanyID=379 Short Ribs http://firstclassdallas.com/fcd.company.display.asp?CompanyID=385 We can't wait to come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 7/17/2014This is my go-to for luncheons, but dinner is really fantastic. We had one of the seasonal specials, fried oysters which is nothing like you ever tasted. Talk about light and tender! Try the Veal Milanaise which comes with the best spaetzle in town. More standard dishes such as the Prime Ribeye were also excellent. Even if the entrees as you gaze at the menu might seem standard, the accompaniments are quite special, sometimes unique. Service is very friendly and attentive without hovering. It's a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely serviceDoubleLDined on 7/11/2014Mercury is a terrific spot for a North Dallas business lunch and a nice alternative to the traffic burden of Preston Center. I like the light but flavorful salads but the entree selections are unique and always excellent.Special Features:
- Great eats in a shopping center!jawsofkyDined on 7/8/2014In town at the Cooper Clinic we found this amazing restaurant and bar just 0.3 miles away. We were graciously welcomed even though we were 40 minutes early due to extreme hunger. This is the only restaurant ever where we ordered drinks and were allowed to enjoy them for a bit BEFORE receiving our menus for the evening. Nice touch, wish they all did that. My husband ordered the pear and gorgonzola salad while I opted for the kalamata bread and artichoke salad. Both were a taste explosion that delighted. A perfectly cooked Filet for him and pan roasted Halibut for me, equally well prepared. We ordered a share side of Pommes Frites which unfortunately was addictive. A must try next time you are there! Our waiter, Diego, made our visit perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.