The Mendon House
1369 Pittsford - Mendon Rd.
Mendon, NY 14506Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Mendon House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.themendonhouse.com/
- Phone: 5856247370
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Jimmy Carmen Paulino and his nephew Chef Anthony Dominic Paulino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: BYO Wine Thursday Nights And Pay NO Corkage Fee.
Happy Hour, Tuesday - Friday, 4:30pm - 6:30pm. 1/2 Price Pub Menu Fare.
A word from The Mendon House
Creating An Unforgettable Dining Experience ...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Mendon House reviews from OpenTable diners
- BEYOND IMPRESSEDDeniseDined on 6/28/2013MY HUSBAND AND I CELEBRATED OUR ANNIVERSARY AT THE MENDON HOUSE. WE COULD NOT HAVE PICKED A BETTER PLACE. WE WERE TREATED LIKE ROYALTY FROM THE MINUTE WE WALKED IN. CHEF JIMMY PREPARED AN OUTSTANDING MEAL AND THE SERVICE WAS SECOND TO NONE. THE MENDON HOUSE WILL BE PUT ON MY LIST AS THE BEST RESTAURANT IN THE ROCHESTER AREA. THE NEW OWNER IS DOING IT RIGHT BY PUTTING THE BEST OF THE BEST ALL TOGETHER IN ONE RESTAURANT....FANTASTIC.
- Great Chef and ServiceDeniseDined on 6/14/2013My Husband and I go out to dinner often. We were so glad to hear that Jimmy (the chef) was at The Mendon House. We also enjoy being served by the best waiter in the area, Teddy. If you want a great meal and the very best service I would recommend trying The Mendon House, you will not be disappointed. Last Friday was our first time at The Mendon House and we will return on a regular basis.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have dined at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/11/2013We have dined at this restaurant many times of the years as it changed ownership. The food was good and our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We will come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was terrific. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The food was terrific. The server must have been new. She was not knowlegable at all regarding anything relating to the resturant. Not the wine, not the food, nor did she know how to pronounce a few of the dishes. We both giggled. It lightened the atmosphere. She didn't visit the table as much as one would expect. We saw her when we ordered and when she gave us the bill. The food was good the server could have used at least, an additional day of training. We were sitting next to a large group of peoeple ,so much for the romantic part.
- First visit -- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2013A last-minute Saturday night need to get out. OpenTable showed reservations available on short notice, so took the plunge to try Mendon House. Glad we did... Food was very good with a variety of flavors coming through on every option -- appetizers, salad, soup and entree. Wine list offered several non-traditional choices. Service was perfect -- conversational, engaging, prompt, not pushy. Although minor, the two areas for improvement: 1) depending on where you sit, the conversations carry throughout the dining area (although as the restaurant filled up the general noise level overcame this) and 2) the choice of broccoli and carrots as the standard vegetable side just didn't work or stand up to the other items on the entree plate.
- Delightful experience. BakedFredVIPDined on 3/21/2013Delightful experience. Baked salad was great. Steak was top notch and the fish special was tremendous.Special Features:
- Big party tonight with 8 people.FredVIPDined on 3/14/2013Big party tonight with 8 people. Fish was out of this world, salads are special and great, service outstanding. This is one of the top restaurants in RochesterSpecial Features:
- We found this nice place latebjonesDined on 3/9/2013We found this nice place late one evening for dinner. The food was great and the place was very nice. Unfortunately dinner took forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My mom and I came in for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013My mom and I came in for dinner from Greece, NY just to try your resteraunt - it was worth the 40 minute drive! I will definitely be recommending Mendon House to friends and family. The music was perfect, relaxing. the waitress was polite, willing to accomodate, and very attentive. I don't like it when you get your food at a resteraunt and then you never see the waitress again. Definitely not the case here. Thank you for a lovely dinner, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Playing favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Our dining experience at the Mendon House was very good. The service, the food and the ambience were all 4 star. The problem we have is with the "Open Table" reservation system. I placed the reservations over a week in advance. I had asked specifically for a quiet, corner table that was out of the main traffic pattern. We were seated at a table that was at the intersection of the main traffic pattern, at an outside corner by the entrance to another dining room. The location was probably the loudest spot in the place (not that there is a distracting din as in many restaurants). Judging from the results of my request, "Open Table" either ignores requests, is overridden by management. Won't return on principle.Special Features:
- I don't know why we don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013I don't know why we don't think of the Mendon House more often when we are trying to decide where to eat. We have always enjoyed the food. The interior has been updated since we were last there, and I'm not sure it appeals to me, but the food was very nice. Our server was attentive, but not intrusive.Special Features:
- We went on Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentine's Day and so they had a Valentine's Day menu. The carpetbagger filet was one of the best entrees I've ever had - filet mignon stuffed with lobster, cheese, spinach, with a delicious sauce on top. We were seated in the corner of a small room which was perfect for us. Drinks/water were a little slow, but given the holiday, nothing to complain about. Everything seemed reasonably priced too. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Went to the Mendon House onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Went to the Mendon House on Valentines Day and had a great experience. They created a special menu specifically for Valentines day. My girlfriend and I both started off with grilled caesar salads followed by prime rib for myself and salmon for her. Then we split a layered truffle red velvet cake which was fantastic. Overall great experience and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Incredible rack of lamb, justFredVIPDined on 2/9/2013Incredible rack of lamb, just perfect. Pasta dish was great. Didn't have it but the grouper fish fry at the next table wants me to come back for it.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food very much,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013Enjoyed the food very much, very relaxing and just around the corner from home.Special Features:
- Creative specials, great barFredVIPDined on 1/25/2013Creative specials, great bar specials, antelope chops were off the charts, partner had grouper cooked to perfection, everything so fresh. Waitress outstanding, always smiling.Special Features:
- I had the fish special ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2013I had the fish special of the day- it was fantastic!Special Features:
- Our family enjoyed a WONDERFULAMS1Dined on 1/10/2013Our family enjoyed a WONDERFUL time at the BYOB night on January 10. Food was excellent as was the service.....definitely returning!! Mendon House also hosted a Christmas Luncheon for The Finger Lakes Rug Hooking Guild on December 3 attended by 42 VERY HARD TO PLEASE WOMEN. Their chef made the planning of menu choices extremely easy. Our luncheon was wonderful, food was excellent and the service staff could not have been nicer. Guild members are requesting to definitely return again December 2013.....and we will!! I would certainly suggest for you to consider this restaurant not only for a wonderful personal dining experience but also for any type of party/holiday celebration....you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!Special Features:
- Me and my girlfriend wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/31/2012Me and my girlfriend were extremely excited to have our New Years Eve dinner at the Mendon House... however... when we were about 10 minutes away, I had my girlfriend call to verify our table would be ready within 30 minutes of our reservation time. We were then shocked to find out that the restaurant was without power and had no food prepared. They had my name and number from the reservation and never thought to call and inform us? It put a sour taste in my mouth. We then had to spend 30 minutes making last minute dinner plans.Around 9:05pm I received a voicemail stating they now have power and they would love to have us in. No apology or promise to make it up to us. It's not easy to make last minute plans on New Years eve at 8:0
- We were terribly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012We were terribly disappointed with our New Year's Eve experience. Driving from Geneseo, we were met by a black out in Mendon. The restaurant lost power and there we were on a special night trying to figure out where to go and what restaurant could accommodate us. We realize it was not the restaurant's fault, but thought some consideration should be offered, as our holiday celebration was a nightmare.
- Couldn't ask for more.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Loved our dining experience. Salmon was excellent as was the rib eye served with a choice of sauce. Gourmet all the way.Special Features:
- Excellent and fairly pricedJerryVIPDined on 12/20/2012Excellent and fairly priced food. Delicious flavors.Special Features:
- This newest iteration of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012This newest iteration of the Mendon House is superior! Many creative selections on the menu, but I opted for a delicious lamb shanks special. So tasty with a risotto done just right. My husband was disappointed that there was no rich chocolate cake dessert that evening, but the raspberry gelato covered with chocolate ganache was scrumptious. We celebrated our anniversary here, and we will be back for Valentine's Day.Special Features:
- Had early 6 pm reservation.JohnRWDined on 12/15/2012Had early 6 pm reservation. First time at this restaurant. Not crowded and dinner was quiet, service was very quick. Prices reasonable. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Excellent first experience with The Mendon House! Food and service were both excellent, and all of the staff was very pleasant and accommodating... See you again soon!Special Features:
- Great service, great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/7/2012Great service, great food, great atmosphere. Enjoyed the specials. I'm surprised it wasn't packed w/ locals. If this restaurant was in Webster, we would be there every Friday.Special Features:
- Incredible fish special.FredVIPDined on 12/4/2012Incredible fish special. I always get the specials, very innovative and always great.Special Features:
- Friendly staff kept us informedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012Friendly staff kept us informed of delay because of large group. Food was HOT and well prepared. Desserts were very well presented.Special Features:
- A most excellent restaurantJerryVIPDined on 11/27/2012A most excellent restaurant from all perspectives. Chef Louis does an amazing job wit flavors. One of the best restaurants in thevRochester and very fairly priced.Special Features:
- Outstanding specials, uniqueFredVIPDined on 11/21/2012Outstanding specials, unique and creative and perhaps one of the best places for food in RochesterSpecial Features:
- Meals were very good. ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2012Meals were very good. Server was very good. Long (too long) wait for drinks and dessert. Not the server's fault, she kept apologizing. Some woman breaking out into shriek's of opera at random intervals was totally not wanted. Prices reasonable for fine dining. Staff friendly. Seated promptly. Facilities nicely remodeled.Special Features:
- Loved our server, who alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Loved our server, who also sang acupella music throughout the evening!Special Features:
- Excellent service. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2012Excellent service. Food was very good with some nice specials. Great desserts! Atmosphere is nice. However, More like a big dining room. Didn't notice much difference from previous owner. Waitress was excellent and very attentive. Would go back.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012The four of us got together to celebrate my husband's birthday. Our server was excellent. The food was delicious. Desert was our favorite part of the evening, WOW!!! Incredible pumkin cheesecake and amazing apple rasberry crisp with gelato.
- Excellent food and wine, reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2012Excellent food and wine, reasonable prices. Only problem was the service, which was spotty and slow (though waitress was friendly when she did show up). We sat a long time waiting for menus, were told by 3 different people that someone was getting them- meanwhile waitress showed up to take our order and seemed surprised that we didn't have menus (and still didn't bring them!) By the time the meal was over they had run out of all 3 dessert options we were interested in, and several tables around us which had come in after us were finished and done.Special Features:
- We were celebrating my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012We were celebrating my daughter's 60th birthday, so it was very special. BUT, being on a very limited income I only go again on a special occasion, possibly. The service and dinner were excellent!!!Special Features:
- Great food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Great food. Great service. Will be going back and would recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012We had a delightful time at the Mendon House on our first visit! The food selections were plentiful and the specials(which we both ordered were phenomenal). We will return very soon.Special Features:
- delicious food!LovetodineDined on 9/15/2012We were in a party of 4 and everyone loved their dinner. Service was perfect! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fancy food in a casual atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Fancy food in a casual atmosphere. Only negative ... a little too noisy for easy conversation at a table for four.Special Features: