The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
1601 Concord Pike Suite 43-47
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/wilmington-de/specials
- Phone: 3026526358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Wilmington can accommodate semi-private & private parties for both lunch & dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Obeholzer, email@example.com 3026526358
A word from The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups. The Melting Pot always hits the spot. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)romantic (57)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ReviewMpotDined on 7/24/2014Felt rushed by waitress. Food was great. Table wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR POOR SERVICEMLCRDined on 7/21/2014Normally I would NEVER write a bad review but our server was NOT good, we waited aLONG TIME for everything. Starting with the cheese course it took forever to get bread to the point when we did get it the cheese was getting hard at the top. Salad was good then came the main course he kept turning the burner down which was hard to cook the food. Dessert was never hot barely warm and we couldn't get refills on drinks never asked, it took over 2 1/2 hours, if we were not there for my daughters birthday I think I wouldn't be as mad but she waited so long for that night and left soooo disappointed, and she doesn't get the kids meal so it was very expensive for such a disappointing night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This experience was wonderful! My boyfriend and I were able to share a romantic dinner together without a lot of noise and with wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food was great as always! Our server Gary was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I joined another couple out with none of our kids. The place was great drinks and conversation, not to mention the food was delicious too. Absolutely recommend to others and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotKrisj613Dined on 7/11/2014After being seated at the table, I quickly scanned the menu and knew immediately I was going to try their Caprese Salad, which I would definitely recommend for all to try. It was delicious! My husband and I both decided to do the Fondue by You options, which being my first time actually having dinner there, I didn't realize I had to actually cook my meal. The wait staff are well prepared and inform you how long each piece of protein needs to cook. Fondue by You is definitely worth trying because you are allowed to pick 3 different protein items, so it's like creating your own sampler. And then of course the people in your group can choose different options and you are able to try theirs!! And while there, dessert is an absolute must!Special Features:
- Great timesweetmaggieDined on 7/9/2014Very pleased with a visit to the Melting Pot, selections, server, manager, quality and taste of food all great. Our food came in a timely manner. Will definitely recommend it to our friends and we will return again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experiencemyboat53Dined on 6/29/2014I'm not usually one who likes to have to pay to cook my own food but The Melting Pot is a lot of fun and a different dining experience. We've been going about once or twice year for many years and have always enjoyed the evening, whether just my wife and myself or a large group. Going with others gives an opportunity to order and share different appetizers, entrees, desserts and cooking styles. This visit was in celebration of our anniversary and we weren't disappointed, though we were both quite full when we left! Service was a little slow but the waiter was very friendly and helpful. He seemed to have too many tables to serve and for some reason, it appeared some of his tables were on one side of the restaurant and some on the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Great for KidsSusHDined on 6/29/2014Delicious choices for fondue, don't miss the chocolate course! Kids love it because it is interactive. And they eat veggies.Special Features:
- 33rd Anniversay!!!Jackx61Dined on 6/26/2014Wonderful food, service was outstanding from the time we walked in the door the staff was friendly and well trained on customer service. We enjoyed everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDinnerdash81Dined on 6/23/2014Great spot for interesting takes on food. The main course is served raw and needs to be cooked yourself. The whole of the meal is very fulfilling and satisfying. All in all it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014This is my daughter's favorite restaurant and we have gone there for her last 3 birthday celebrations. The food is consistent. The 4 course option is a lot of food so allow plenty of time to eat. The good thing is the wait staff don't rush you to finish. They must have the table turns worked out well.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner.NotimpressedDined on 6/21/2014We thought we'd try Melting Pot for our special dinner. Reservations were easily made. Our waitress was new & needs more training. Even tho she apologized, service was slow. When making our reservation, we filled in the space, that asked if it was a special occasion. The hostess brought us a card, signed by the staff. We thought that was kinda weird. Can't imagine they couldn't have given us something like a dessert to celebrate. Also watched as another couple were seated & their server was a no show for over 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014Food was good as always, but felt a little rushed this time around. We've been here many times before and never had a complaint. If you love cheese and chocolate, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every time...humvwannabeDined on 6/15/2014I have visited the melting pot several times and I am always impressed with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMacmac9800Dined on 6/12/2014I had to beg my husband to come here several years ago and half way through the main course he was ready to make the next reservation. We come often and for the first time last week I brought my two teenagers and they loved it as well. Can't say enough good about this place.Special Features:
- NanadinesDined on 6/8/2014Expensive. Food was good but we did not get enough veggies. Good selection, would be a great place for a party or with a group.Special Features:
- Awesome ServiceDigitalVikingDined on 6/6/2014My son and I had a fantastic experience. We did the 4 course meal and ate slowly but surely. Great food selection -assisted by a fantastic waiter -Gary. Another smart menu item was the 4 wine pairing option. Overall, Gary made the experience a great one, combined w a perfect menuSpecial Features:
- ServiceAwfulDined on 5/29/2014The portions got smaller and they got rid of most of the chocolate desserts that were good! They even changed the dessert menu. Not a fan of the melting pot anymore
- Deliciouswurstd73Dined on 5/25/2014I love The Melting Pot. It's a little pricey, so I don't splurge and go there often, but the food never lets me down. They're also incredibly accommodating for things like food allergies.Special Features:
- WonderfulShannonSteveDined on 5/24/2014Love this restaurant!! We try to get here at least once or twice a year. It's a little pricey but the food is fantastic and you leave completely stuffed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dateluv2dineDined on 5/24/2014This is a perfect restaurant to go to for a date! I've been here and tried just about every fondue on the menu and they're perfectly filling for a dinner! The service is very nice and understandable. I love this place so much, I go there every chance I get.Special Features:
- Pretty goodRjohannaDined on 5/24/2014The food was pretty good. Dont want to eat all day, its alot of food. Its more about the experience of cooking your own food. Not an all the time kind of place, i would only go back for a special occasion. But in all food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary RestaurantSirSheldonDined on 5/23/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and it was an amazing experience. The food was very delicious and it was fun to cook it right at our table! The service we recurved was also very good. I would recommend this restaurant for aa special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not typicalLdf71976Dined on 5/23/2014It was unusually loud on this visit. Food was same. Service was fine.... Not the best we've had but not the worst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday CelebrationFoodies4lifeDined on 5/17/2014I celebrated my birthday here and it was a great experience from the service to the food. I would definitely return if I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDineat9Dined on 5/16/2014Good food, good service, decent price. The amount of food for the price is ok, the service is very good.Special Features:
- Pre-Mother's Day CelebrationErlynstar299Dined on 5/10/2014WE decided this year to do mothers day on Saturday night instead of the usual Sunday. My wife and daughter always raved about the melting pot, so I decided to make reservations there thru open table. When we got to the restaurant they seated us right away in a secluded booth away from the crowd. We decided to try just the cheese and chocolate courses. Both were great. Our waitress, who it turns out, is the only mother among all the waitresses, was attentive yet unobtrusive. She made sure we had everything we need. I can highly recommend the melting pot, not only for special occasions, but for a romantic evening for 2. I think I'll be going back but next time with just my wife.Special Features:
- O WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!FantasticDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I wanted to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and we made a reservation online very easily. When the big night came, we dressed up and drove 40 minutes to The Melting Pot. We were greeted right away, seated at our table that was covered in rose pedals, had a half a dozen of roses in a vase, and a bottle of champagne on ice. A card was also on the table which everyone from the restaurant had signed too. Dinner was elegant and very tasty and we loved cooking it together. My wife was extremely pleased and we are planning more trips to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing time for prom nightAsianSensationDined on 5/2/2014My girlfriend and I went to Melting Pot in lieu of prom, and we don't regret it all. The service was amazing and friendly. The waitress may have been waiting for her first time but she did a fabulous job. They even gave us free glass of sparkling champagne for the both of us (and we got to keep the glass cups with their logo on it for free, great memory gift). The meal was great. It was my first time experiencing fondue, and cooking our own meat in the pot. So I highly recommend if you're looking for a place to dine out as a date or to hang out with friends at a nice and comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:
- Stephs the BEST!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/29/2014I took my son to the Melting Pot in Wilmington, De on his birthday which was April 29th, this would be our third time eating in your establishment. I was kind of skeptical considering I took my mother here last year for hers which was my second dining and the waitress was horrible. I must say Steph changed all that!!!!she was the best waitress out of all Steph was courteous, pleasant, and professional. At no time did our glasses run dry andd all of her recommendations were great. Steph`s skills as a waitress are IMPECCABLE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2014We celebrate here at least 3 times a year for birthdays or other occasions. The food never disappoints!Special Features:
- Date NightToriDined on 4/25/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful time at the Melting Pot in Wilmington, DE. We got there late, so we only ordered cheese and desert (and of course wine). It was amazing. Just enough for the two of us. We will definately be going there again.Special Features:
- Great timeFelixDined on 4/24/2014My friends and I visit this location quite often and we always enjoy ourselves. The food is great and the staff is always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Melting Pot is a great place to go. It can cost a pretty penny but worth it. Have a Romantic package for date night. It was great and the wife loved it. Their were children there and the staff seemed patience with them . I couldn't express how great the staff was. I would suggest for little kids 2 or under but that is do to the hot pot and raw food that will be on the table for fondue. All and all a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014This was "our" first time at the Melting Pot. I was there for my daughter's 17 th b-day celebration. All of us really enjoyed our night out there. The food was great !!! The service was excellent. We couldn't have ask for anything better. Thank you so much. We look forward to having another great dinner at The Melting Pot !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go.CliffnoteDined on 4/12/2014If it is special occasion, or just for a different dining experience, this is the place to go. The servers are very courteous and do not try to rush you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & Engaging !!CodiDined on 4/9/2014This place is amazing. It's great for so many occasions. It's super fun for first dates or groups because there's so much to do because of the fondue style dining. It's even better for special occasions or romantic events. They have different packages for the romantic. I got the package that included a bottle of champagne and a half dozen roses (the champagne was delicious) !! Fun but not super loud, and the way their tables and booths are set up, you are kind of in your own little world !! The service is good, but the server can either make the experience beyond your expectations, or just kind of serve your food. i've had both types so it's a hit or miss. Either way, would def recommend this place to my family and friends :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Great place. The manager was wonderful and very alert. He went over and beyond to make sure everyone just not our table was being helped and also pitched in himself. I have not seen that ever happen and this manager deserves to be recognized. Job well done and the staff is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 865 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE reviews archive.
- Great date spotSefaDined on 3/29/2014My bf and I were looking to have a nice, romantic dinner that would take a couple of hours and involve good food. We thought of the Melting Pot and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.