The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
1601 Concord Pike Suite 43-47
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/wilmington-de/specials
- Phone: (302) 652-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Wilmington can accommodate semi-private & private parties for both lunch & dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Obeholzer, firstname.lastname@example.org 3026526358
A word from The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups. The Melting Pot always hits the spot. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)romantic (72)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Had a great anniversary dinner. The romance package was an excellent choice. Staff was amazing, very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable about there products. Personal thank you to the hostesses, our waiter, and the manager for making it a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend to anyone that wants to spend a evening with their significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - Concord PikeMartieDined on 11/22/2014This was our first trip to the Melting Pot but it won't be the last. Our server Ryan was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and fun. We had the four course experience and were surprised at the amount and quality of the food. Loved the house dressing on the salads, even bought two bottles to take home. We especially liked the shrimp and the Angus beef - Yum. All the staff were great from the hostess to the bus boys. The manager stopped by our table several times to check on us and was very pleasant. We are already planning to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday giftOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014A very pleasant dining experience. Emphasis on dining - not a place to eat and run. It was perfect for my sister's birthday. Food was great, and service was friendly, professional and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLisagpDined on 11/1/2014We really enjoyed our fondue experience and will def be back. Loved that there was a kid menu available, or else it would have been unaffordable! My little one can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNovaDined on 10/31/2014Excellent service. Food is always delicious. Great place for a romantic evening or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Different ExperienceUniqueDined on 10/29/2014Restaurant is a one of a kind experience. They have wonderful food that is prepared and served like no other restaurant. All of the food is delicious and unique. The only downsides to the meal is I feel they are a little pricey compared to other restaurants and our server, although adequate, could have been more friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome expienceWarrior49LDined on 10/20/2014The Melting Pot made our 30th wedding anniversary special! What a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server50birthdayDined on 10/18/2014We were not happy with our server. She was not very friendly or patient. She did not do something right with our cheese course, it never really thicken right. She added extra cheese but it did nothing for it. It did not taste like it has on previous times there. She also complained she was tired of stirring it, so I continued to do it. Overall we were just not happy with our service at all, there were other issues with her, but not worth mentioning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 73's Fondue UpdatedSargeDined on 10/16/2014This is not the fondue you had as a kid in the 70's...this is fondue updated, grown-up and presented a four course dinner! If you don't love cheese forget this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time Melting PotJlhemtDined on 10/3/2014Just, WOW! From the moment we walked in the door to the moment we left, the staff was attentive, polite, offered great tips and ideas, and made sure the evening was a comfortable experience. This was out first visit so admittedly we went over board and tried all four courses. Everyone, and I mean from manager down to the gentleman who brut out hot pots for burners and bussed tables was friendly, and wonderful to talk to about the menu. We will be back!Special Features:
- notsogoodDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good. The waitress was horrible. Didn' t see her much at all. We had to ask a different waitress twice for things, and still didn't come out and check on us. We have been there before and it was great. This was a totally different experience then the first time. We were sat next to a large table of loud teenagers and a lot of people were just hanging around. I don' t think we will be going back to this melting pot again.Special Features:
- Love You Some FondueeodoDined on 9/26/2014If you love Fondue, this is the place for you! Cheese, steak/seafood/veggie and dessert! This is a special place restaurant for us and only go once or twice a year for special occasions for over 15 years now. This was one of the first times we actually had issues with the food. Everything is always top notch. This visit changes had been made that were stated as being "seasonal", which were not to our liking. Some of the food were just not fondue friendly. Main course steak & pork were very tough. The manager did try to resolve the issue by getting us new servings. Fixed partially, but the pork was still shoe leather. Server was great as usual. Hopefully management takes our comments provided directly to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- melting potsquirrelDined on 9/24/2014great for 2 or 12.....customize your cheese appetizers, great seasonal salads, coq au vin dinner fondue is the best! of course their chocolate fondue desserts are unbelievableSpecial Features:
- Great for a Romantic Evening!ErtoyDined on 9/22/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary. I wanted to surprise her with the Romance Package with added balloons and chocolate covered strawberries. The Melting Pot staff did a great job and exceeded my expectations for how our table setting was going to be like. The ambiance was low light and intimate, with the lul sound of other people's table. Food was excellent and great choices of mixed drinks, wine and beer. Our waitress, Paulina, seemed a little nervous but overall gave us a good experience. Made sure to top off our champagne and water but at the same time, didn't bother us constantly to see if we need anything else. Will be coming back for next anniversary, or maybe for cravings as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joyandmikeDined on 9/21/2014This was my second time visiting the Melting Pot. I just love the food! I think it is really fun cooking the food for myself. I do recommend taking a timer, it sure makes cooking a lot easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best anniversary evermikeDined on 9/20/2014My girlfriend and I attended the melting pot as part of our 1 year anniversary. I had called a few days ahead and had the romance package reserved. We had been wanting to go for months but had saved it for our special day. Let me say it was WELL worth the wait. It was such a fun experience, the food was unbelievable and it had a great vibe! What was really the kicker was the service. I work in the industry and understand that it's not easy being the best server, but just wow. Our server Gary went above and beyond for us. He knew everything there was to know about the store and was very helpful in getting us the flavor we desired. He wasn't pushy, but was super friendly and seemed to know when we needed him. The service was what made it 5☆Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique experienceyumyumyumDined on 9/14/2014I love the interactiveness and the extensive choices. Food is delicious and high quality. Service was great! A definite team effort. And the timing of when they bring out the next course is perfect. Had an awesome time! Props to our server and the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthy of a moment of silence!ClaireDined on 9/12/2014Upon enjoying the first bit of bread sloshed through a traditional cheese fondue, my friend said "this deserves a moment of silence." I think that is a very nice compliment! Our server was just adorable! He gave really good advice on protocol and of course safety. The portions, variety and flavors are truly exceptional. We took the chocolate covered strawberries home to make the experience last a little longer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic birthday surprise!2happyloversDined on 9/6/2014I was extremely impressed how the staff went above and beyond for my boyfriends birthday dinner. The melting pot is his FAVORITE place to dine! we were seated at the table and it was so perfect rose petals, half dozen roses and a frame for our picture afterwards, a card from the satff as well as a bottle of champagne on ice for him to drink through out dinner. we have not been here in 3 years so we were so very happy with our experience. We can not wait to come back we only hope its not in 3 years! we want to thank everyone for making our night so enjoyable from the hostess to our waitress down to the bus boy who made us laugh, we don't get out often so this was a very special night!Special Features:
- StaciVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our waiter Matt was excellent. Food is consistently fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!jerristarDined on 9/5/2014The staff were extremely friendly and the food was delicious. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's BirthdaygreatplaceDined on 8/31/2014We wanted to do something different and special for my mom's 89th birthday so we choose The Melting Pot. What a great decision. I think this will be our new tradition from now on. The food was great, the staff was attentive, the experience was fun.Special Features:
- Best Place on Earth!Angel122Dined on 8/30/2014I've been here 3 times now since December (twice in under a month), and each time just gets better and better. The service and staff are absolutely wonderful, and the food is out of this world delicious. It's an experience like no other, and is sure to become your favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMamasnightoutDined on 8/30/2014Went there for our 5 year anniversary & it was our first visit there. Staff was great about explaining the menu & how to prepare the food to is "newbies". It was quiet enough that we could have conversation even though the place was busy. Lots of groups celebrating birthdays but not loud. The food was absolutely delicious. Presentation of the food & watching the fondues get made right at the table was pretty cool. Great place to go on a date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor ventilationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We've been here many times, but were sat near the bar in the little four table alcove and all the steaming pots made the place like a sauna. The food is really great and the drinks are stellar and the service impeccable, but sitting in broiling humidity seriously detracts from all those good aspects. In fairness, all the other times we've been to this Melting Pot have been grand experiences--but you might want to come with a sweat towel if you happen to be placed in the wrong booth.Special Features:
- Every visit is a special occasionLyndseyBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've been a fan of The Melting Pot for years and the Wilmington location does not disappoint. They've updated their dinnerware recently to modern white from the old pewter, but kept the same selection of tasty sauces. Great change. Their specials are always worth a try and service remains excellent. This has always been a special occasion spot (birthdays, anniversaries, etc), but my last visit was just because. . . and it turned a regular night into a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a Kind ExperienceNikFredDined on 8/25/2014The Melting Pot is ideal for any romantic date!! The service was impeccable and the staff were extremely helpful with any of my requests. It was simple to set up a reservation and easy to customize my date (add roses, champagne, etc). Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightRenbeanzDined on 8/24/2014I've been to The Melting Pot before, and have always had amazing dining experiences. This night was really no different...accept for one aspect of our dining experience. That aspect was the food. Don't get me wrong, our meals were still good, just not quite up to the level of my previous meals at this location. We're hoping for better fondue next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time For GroupFoffie232Dined on 8/24/2014Went with a group and had a blast. Service was unbelievable! Highly recommend Sarah - she was fantastic. This meal takes a long time, so be prepared. We were there for almost 3 hours. Food was fantastic and had a really great time!Special Features:
- Excellent experience...seriouscritic1Dined on 8/23/2014very tasty food...great alcohol selection and drinks. Plenty of food that will leave you craving for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKateDined on 8/21/2014The fondue is delicious. We opted for the four course meal and could barely eat the next day. The food is delectable and the the service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- ConsumersteveDined on 8/21/2014Would not take free Strawberry coupon with using gift card purchase voucher.Special Features:
- Great nite out for BirthdayolejdinerDined on 8/20/2014We always wanted to try the Melting Pot and went for my birthday with my family of four. It is expensive, but a unique experience that everyone should try! I think it would be a fun ladies night out as well with drinks and dessert fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversaryKuntryboyDined on 8/16/2014Took my wife to celebrate our anniversary again this year. The experience was great as usual. Our hostesses made sure everything was ready to surprise my wife. They went above and beyond what I expected! Not only did they have the choc covered strawberries, balloons, sparkling cider, and all ready they also gave us a card signed by all the staff and put rose petals on our table. Gary was very personable and a great waiter! The whole experience really impressed me and my wife was so happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotmeltDined on 8/16/2014All around a great restaurant experience. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerWillsDined on 8/16/2014This was a birthday dinner for our teenager and she loves fondue, specifically the cheese and chocolate. We opted for the 4 course selection, but that is a lot of food, especially given the heaviness of starting with the cheese. I was a bit disappointed, for four people they gave us little fruit and vegetables, but two containers of bread. I would have preferred the latter. In retrospect, I think I should have done as my teen had wanted, and just ordered the cheese fondue and then jumped to the chocolate fondue. Too much food otherwise. Great place for a first date or occasion where people need to start talking, the activity will help you along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it, he didn't.NJFoodieDined on 8/15/2014It was our first time, I loved the great selection of foods. Salads were great and our waitress explained the process well. Unfortunately our first few bites were raw despite cooking the recommended time. Once we got the hang of it the rest came out well. I wasn't a fan of cooking my meats in the same pot as his seafood but we made do. Also we tossed in the veggies first as instructed, they just took up too much room. I'll definitely return but will probably just try a cheese fondue and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite an experienceJimmyCDined on 8/14/2014Had never been there before. It was a bit difficult keeping track of the cooking times but the chocolate fondue for desert made it all worthwhile.Special Features:
- smoothed over every hiccupDebORawrDined on 8/10/2014Called to warn we were running 15 min late for res, table ready the moment we walked in. Had to ask for beer glass, then new beer as bottle had chipped, and were accommodated. Waited forever for broth to boil, finally discovering burner was broken, burners switched, and dessert comped for our trouble. All while smoothly and respectfully handling our Groupon. Ended up a lovely evening. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Experience, Fun TimesLazyChefDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I went to The Melting Pot for our 29th anniversary. We'd never been there, and had avoided it due to the rather high cost. But for a special occasion, I think it was fabulous! We had the three course and our server, Robert, was really great about explaining how it all worked, keeping an eye on us without being overbearing, and just serving with flair. It was really a fun experience, and the food was good. I'd love to go back another time!Special Features: