The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
1601 Concord Pike Suite 43-47
Wilmington, DE 19803Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/wilmington-de/specials
- Phone: 3026526358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot - Wilmington can accommodate semi-private & private parties for both lunch & dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Obeholzer, firstname.lastname@example.org 3026526358
A word from The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines & fabulous four-course dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups. The Melting Pot always hits the spot. Make reservations today & come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
The Melting Pot - Wilmington DE reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)romantic (77)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- A unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I love the interactiveness and the extensive choices. Food is delicious and high quality. Service was great! A definite team effort. And the timing of when they bring out the next course is perfect. Had an awesome time! Props to our server and the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worthy of a moment of silence!ClaireDined on 9/12/2014Upon enjoying the first bit of bread sloshed through a traditional cheese fondue, my friend said "this deserves a moment of silence." I think that is a very nice compliment! Our server was just adorable! He gave really good advice on protocol and of course safety. The portions, variety and flavors are truly exceptional. We took the chocolate covered strawberries home to make the experience last a little longer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A romantic birthday surprise!2happyloversDined on 9/6/2014I was extremely impressed how the staff went above and beyond for my boyfriends birthday dinner. The melting pot is his FAVORITE place to dine! we were seated at the table and it was so perfect rose petals, half dozen roses and a frame for our picture afterwards, a card from the satff as well as a bottle of champagne on ice for him to drink through out dinner. we have not been here in 3 years so we were so very happy with our experience. We can not wait to come back we only hope its not in 3 years! we want to thank everyone for making our night so enjoyable from the hostess to our waitress down to the bus boy who made us laugh, we don't get out often so this was a very special night!Special Features:
- StaciDined on 9/5/2014Our waiter Matt was excellent. Food is consistently fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!jerristarDined on 9/5/2014The staff were extremely friendly and the food was delicious. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's BirthdaygreatplaceDined on 8/31/2014We wanted to do something different and special for my mom's 89th birthday so we choose The Melting Pot. What a great decision. I think this will be our new tradition from now on. The food was great, the staff was attentive, the experience was fun.Special Features:
- Best Place on Earth!Angel122Dined on 8/30/2014I've been here 3 times now since December (twice in under a month), and each time just gets better and better. The service and staff are absolutely wonderful, and the food is out of this world delicious. It's an experience like no other, and is sure to become your favorite place to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMamasnightoutDined on 8/30/2014Went there for our 5 year anniversary & it was our first visit there. Staff was great about explaining the menu & how to prepare the food to is "newbies". It was quiet enough that we could have conversation even though the place was busy. Lots of groups celebrating birthdays but not loud. The food was absolutely delicious. Presentation of the food & watching the fondues get made right at the table was pretty cool. Great place to go on a date or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor ventilationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014We've been here many times, but were sat near the bar in the little four table alcove and all the steaming pots made the place like a sauna. The food is really great and the drinks are stellar and the service impeccable, but sitting in broiling humidity seriously detracts from all those good aspects. In fairness, all the other times we've been to this Melting Pot have been grand experiences--but you might want to come with a sweat towel if you happen to be placed in the wrong booth.Special Features:
- Every visit is a special occasionLyndseyBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I've been a fan of The Melting Pot for years and the Wilmington location does not disappoint. They've updated their dinnerware recently to modern white from the old pewter, but kept the same selection of tasty sauces. Great change. Their specials are always worth a try and service remains excellent. This has always been a special occasion spot (birthdays, anniversaries, etc), but my last visit was just because. . . and it turned a regular night into a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a Kind ExperienceNikFredDined on 8/25/2014The Melting Pot is ideal for any romantic date!! The service was impeccable and the staff were extremely helpful with any of my requests. It was simple to set up a reservation and easy to customize my date (add roses, champagne, etc). Definitely recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightRenbeanzDined on 8/24/2014I've been to The Melting Pot before, and have always had amazing dining experiences. This night was really no different...accept for one aspect of our dining experience. That aspect was the food. Don't get me wrong, our meals were still good, just not quite up to the level of my previous meals at this location. We're hoping for better fondue next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Time For GroupFoffie232Dined on 8/24/2014Went with a group and had a blast. Service was unbelievable! Highly recommend Sarah - she was fantastic. This meal takes a long time, so be prepared. We were there for almost 3 hours. Food was fantastic and had a really great time!Special Features:
- Excellent experience...seriouscritic1Dined on 8/23/2014very tasty food...great alcohol selection and drinks. Plenty of food that will leave you craving for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKateDined on 8/21/2014The fondue is delicious. We opted for the four course meal and could barely eat the next day. The food is delectable and the the service is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- ConsumersteveDined on 8/21/2014Would not take free Strawberry coupon with using gift card purchase voucher.Special Features:
- Great nite out for BirthdayolejdinerDined on 8/20/2014We always wanted to try the Melting Pot and went for my birthday with my family of four. It is expensive, but a unique experience that everyone should try! I think it would be a fun ladies night out as well with drinks and dessert fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic anniversaryKuntryboyDined on 8/16/2014Took my wife to celebrate our anniversary again this year. The experience was great as usual. Our hostesses made sure everything was ready to surprise my wife. They went above and beyond what I expected! Not only did they have the choc covered strawberries, balloons, sparkling cider, and all ready they also gave us a card signed by all the staff and put rose petals on our table. Gary was very personable and a great waiter! The whole experience really impressed me and my wife was so happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotmeltDined on 8/16/2014All around a great restaurant experience. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerWillsDined on 8/16/2014This was a birthday dinner for our teenager and she loves fondue, specifically the cheese and chocolate. We opted for the 4 course selection, but that is a lot of food, especially given the heaviness of starting with the cheese. I was a bit disappointed, for four people they gave us little fruit and vegetables, but two containers of bread. I would have preferred the latter. In retrospect, I think I should have done as my teen had wanted, and just ordered the cheese fondue and then jumped to the chocolate fondue. Too much food otherwise. Great place for a first date or occasion where people need to start talking, the activity will help you along!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved it, he didn't.NJFoodieDined on 8/15/2014It was our first time, I loved the great selection of foods. Salads were great and our waitress explained the process well. Unfortunately our first few bites were raw despite cooking the recommended time. Once we got the hang of it the rest came out well. I wasn't a fan of cooking my meats in the same pot as his seafood but we made do. Also we tossed in the veggies first as instructed, they just took up too much room. I'll definitely return but will probably just try a cheese fondue and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite an experienceJimmyCDined on 8/14/2014Had never been there before. It was a bit difficult keeping track of the cooking times but the chocolate fondue for desert made it all worthwhile.Special Features:
- smoothed over every hiccupDebORawrDined on 8/10/2014Called to warn we were running 15 min late for res, table ready the moment we walked in. Had to ask for beer glass, then new beer as bottle had chipped, and were accommodated. Waited forever for broth to boil, finally discovering burner was broken, burners switched, and dessert comped for our trouble. All while smoothly and respectfully handling our Groupon. Ended up a lovely evening. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Experience, Fun TimesLazyChefDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I went to The Melting Pot for our 29th anniversary. We'd never been there, and had avoided it due to the rather high cost. But for a special occasion, I think it was fabulous! We had the three course and our server, Robert, was really great about explaining how it all worked, keeping an eye on us without being overbearing, and just serving with flair. It was really a fun experience, and the food was good. I'd love to go back another time!Special Features:
- Great meal again!2dineoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014The Melting Pot never disappoints! We enjoyed a wonderful and fun meal. I highly recommend the Quattro Formagio cheese fondue. It was excellent with all the new dippers. We always look forward to dessert and the chocolate pudding fondue was fantastic. Lisa provided excellent service and the managers were over twice to ensure we were enjoying our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining Experience.firecrackerDined on 8/4/2014Fantastic service! Friendly, knowledgeable, attentive staff. Great food and a novel dining experience that is both interactive and unique. Delicious food. Fun! Also great location; easy parking, clean, safe and attractive décor inside and out. Although on the pricey side, worth the investment for a great night out with family, friends or a romantic outing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- NomegustaDined on 7/31/2014The server didn't know about the special, which was advertised on their website and through email. She had to leave the table to find out what it is, and overall the service was awful. We have been there many times, but we have never had to wait so long for food in between courses. The fondue would be boiling because another server brought it out, but we would have nothing to cook in it. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always top notchFoodieDined on 7/31/2014I always love going to The Melting Pot. I celebrate all my special occasions there. The dining expereince is always amazing, the food is excellent, and the staff are wonderful.Special Features:
- ReviewMpotDined on 7/24/2014Felt rushed by waitress. Food was great. Table wasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR POOR SERVICEMLCRDined on 7/21/2014Normally I would NEVER write a bad review but our server was NOT good, we waited aLONG TIME for everything. Starting with the cheese course it took forever to get bread to the point when we did get it the cheese was getting hard at the top. Salad was good then came the main course he kept turning the burner down which was hard to cook the food. Dessert was never hot barely warm and we couldn't get refills on drinks never asked, it took over 2 1/2 hours, if we were not there for my daughters birthday I think I wouldn't be as mad but she waited so long for that night and left soooo disappointed, and she doesn't get the kids meal so it was very expensive for such a disappointing night!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014This experience was wonderful! My boyfriend and I were able to share a romantic dinner together without a lot of noise and with wonderful service!Special Features:
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food was great as always! Our server Gary was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I joined another couple out with none of our kids. The place was great drinks and conversation, not to mention the food was delicious too. Absolutely recommend to others and will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting PotKrisj613Dined on 7/11/2014After being seated at the table, I quickly scanned the menu and knew immediately I was going to try their Caprese Salad, which I would definitely recommend for all to try. It was delicious! My husband and I both decided to do the Fondue by You options, which being my first time actually having dinner there, I didn't realize I had to actually cook my meal. The wait staff are well prepared and inform you how long each piece of protein needs to cook. Fondue by You is definitely worth trying because you are allowed to pick 3 different protein items, so it's like creating your own sampler. And then of course the people in your group can choose different options and you are able to try theirs!! And while there, dessert is an absolute must!Special Features:
- Great timesweetmaggieDined on 7/9/2014Very pleased with a visit to the Melting Pot, selections, server, manager, quality and taste of food all great. Our food came in a timely manner. Will definitely recommend it to our friends and we will return again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice experiencemyboat53Dined on 6/29/2014I'm not usually one who likes to have to pay to cook my own food but The Melting Pot is a lot of fun and a different dining experience. We've been going about once or twice year for many years and have always enjoyed the evening, whether just my wife and myself or a large group. Going with others gives an opportunity to order and share different appetizers, entrees, desserts and cooking styles. This visit was in celebration of our anniversary and we weren't disappointed, though we were both quite full when we left! Service was a little slow but the waiter was very friendly and helpful. He seemed to have too many tables to serve and for some reason, it appeared some of his tables were on one side of the restaurant and some on the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Great for KidsSusHDined on 6/29/2014Delicious choices for fondue, don't miss the chocolate course! Kids love it because it is interactive. And they eat veggies.Special Features:
- 33rd Anniversay!!!Jackx61Dined on 6/26/2014Wonderful food, service was outstanding from the time we walked in the door the staff was friendly and well trained on customer service. We enjoyed everything about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDinnerdash81Dined on 6/23/2014Great spot for interesting takes on food. The main course is served raw and needs to be cooked yourself. The whole of the meal is very fulfilling and satisfying. All in all it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014This is my daughter's favorite restaurant and we have gone there for her last 3 birthday celebrations. The food is consistent. The 4 course option is a lot of food so allow plenty of time to eat. The good thing is the wait staff don't rush you to finish. They must have the table turns worked out well.Special Features: