The Melting Pot - White Plains
30 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10601Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - White Plains
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/white-plains/specials
- Phone: 9149936358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot can accommodate up to 60 guests in their private party room and provide a special menu.
- Private Party Contact: Kathy Longo, email@example.com 9149936358
- Entertainment: Wifi ready with audio visual equipment.
- Special Events: The restaurant regularly hosts special events such as dinner fundraisers, speed dating events, wine tastings, dating nights and cooking classes. Please visit the restaurant website for its full schedule.
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: The White Plains Train Station is a short walk from the restaurant. Walk North up Bank Street and cross Ferris Avenue. Bank Street turns into Main Street. Walk up Main Street, pass the Galleria Mall and then turn right on Mamaroneck Avenue. The restaurant is 1/2 a block up on the right, across from the movie theater.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at the City Center parking garage on Mamaroneck Avenue between Martine Avenue and Main Street, or at the Galleria Mall parking garage on Court Street between Martine Avenue and Main Street. You may enter the restaurant from either Court Street or Mamaroneck Avenue. Street parking is also available.
A word from The Melting Pot - White Plains
Westchester's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," said the New York Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two, bridal event, babyshower, Ladies' Night Out, or birthday, The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our private, elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our wide selection of fondues, fresh salads, succulent entrees and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - White Plains reviews from OpenTable diners
- Romantic AmbianceDetieDined on 2/14/2014I really enjoyed my valentine meal at The Melting Pot. The service was outstanding and ambience romantic. Would recommend to friend for a different sort of eating experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with current stateACP88Dined on 1/17/2014The current state of affairs is less than I'm used to. I have been coming to the melting pot at least 2-4 time a year since it first opened and the current state is disappointing. The bread was cold, as though just taken from a freezer as was the fruited chocolate fondue sauce. Our glasses of water were filled once and never again until we finally saw our server for dessert. Our server almost never checked up on us, seemed annoyed when we didn't immediately know what to order. I remeber havingn freshly melted chocolate and great service. It is sad to say that these seems to be no longer the case. The attitudes of our server was that we were another numbered table to her. I can't say that I would be interested in taking a date here again.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014The melting pot is perfect for celebrations with good friends and time to relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!CTL1Dined on 1/16/2014We went early (5:30pm) so it wasn't busy yet. Our waitress Grace was really nice and help us with what to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Date NightveroNleoDined on 1/12/2014It was a great night. The environment was very intimate & quite. Exactly what my date & I were looking for. Our server Joanna was sweet & kind when we asked her to repeat a couple of times how the menu worked. I will definitely be returning to this melting pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- culinary studentsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I recommend this restaurant especially for Culinary Art students as there is a brief cooking lesson given in proper cooking techniques as you will be preparing your food using a magnawave single burner. Also loved the privacy area around the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ughdadskfjlDined on 1/1/2014we had a reservation, but they still made us wait an hour to have us seated. the service was super slow, it took our waitress forever to come around and we even had to get other waiters to come to our table to help us. it was a poor experience, overall.Special Features:
- Fun restaurant for first date.WhitePlainsSteveVIPDined on 12/29/2013Fun restaurant for first date. Not loud and very private tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/29/2013I enjoy this place. Cheese pots and chocolate pots are perfect. Cocktails are original and delicious. Service is great and your server does A LOT for you. My only issue is having to cook the main course, which can be a bit tedious. Pacing and ambiance were fine as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/27/2013Excelente Food. Great place to go with a group. Be prepared to spend $50 bucks per head (at least). But it's very worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting potFrankVIPDined on 12/24/2013The food was very good. The server, Jay, was excellent. He was personable, knowledgeable and enhanced the experience for my girlfriend and I.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese/Chocolatenetsirk4Dined on 12/16/2013The cheese and chocolate fondue are the best part. While the salads and dinner portion were great too, I could have skipped them and had just the cheese and chocolate fondues. However, the value for all 4 courses is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a 2 hour visitWorkinmommieVIPDined on 12/15/2013Fine when you're there for leisurely dinner but too long when you are w kids. Maybe getting a 2course meal instead would better the time. The service at the hostess stand was terrible. stood for 15 minutes before recognized. Hate to think what it's like when it's crowded. the server was ok; when my response to his "how were the salads" was " way too much dressing". He just ignored me. Not sure why he bothered to ask in the first place if he didn't care one way or another. Also odd - he purposely asked my husband if he wanted his dressing on the side but didn't ask me. Also eating in the basement never fails to bring my energy level down to nothing. Not sure if we will return. It seems to get worse and worse with each visit.Special Features:
- So Much Funthe49ergrlDined on 12/12/2013We were all a bit anxious about having to cook our own food but the experience ended up being a lot of fun. Our server Alan was friendly and funny and explained the process to us thoroughly. The food was tasty, the dessert was by far our favorite. Overall it was a super fun experience that we all enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best fondue experienceLacedDined on 12/8/2013I made my reservation online, and put in a little note with it just detailing seating preference and what the reservation was for. I was greeted by a friendly hostess, I didn't have to mention a thing,I was seated to preference as per the note and our wait wasn't long(we went on a Sunday around 730). Our waiter was awesome great sense of humor, knew just the right time to check if anything was needed. We did the 4 course experience,which can be tweaked to your liking. They were a great team only hitch which I don't even think was that great b/c it didn't spoil my night but worth mentioning, the manager could've had a bit more tact, other than that it was a great night with a friendly group of people working at the white plains location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatPeterLDined on 11/29/2013This was the first time going to this restaurant. It was not what I expected. The food was great. The service was good and the staff were very friendly. I recommend this restaurant for everyone.Special Features:
- Fun Night OutKateshallDined on 11/23/2013Went there on a second date. We had requested the Lovers Lane table but it wasn't available. The manager came over and specifically apologized for that, which I loved. The food is always fantastic. No pressure to order too much - i.e. spend more. Great service - extremely personable. Overall a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Went with my son, sister andMaryJaneDined on 11/23/2013Went with my son, sister and nieces who have never been there before and they all loved it! Kids thought is was awesome to cook your own food. Our waiter was really nice and very attentive...The cheese fondues were so good and the chocolate dessert was a hit! Great place to go rather than the traditional dining...Special Features:
- Very nicefondudeVIPDined on 11/20/2013After descending to the front desk, the layout of the restaurant is a bit odd lots of narrow halls. The service is very good and the food also, especially the chocolate fondue. My kids love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experience!ClaudiaGDined on 11/18/2013We have been to the Melting Pot a number of times, and we always have a great time. It's just such a fun and different dining experience. This most recent visit was another amazing experience. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- First time fondue experienceBroadway89Dined on 11/17/2013It was the first time my boyfriend, friends and I experience fondue dinning. I may say it was a different and great experience. The food was great and the service was spectacular. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and constantly asked if we needed anything. Great place to go. I highly recommend The Melting Pot for any outting. We will for sure go again soon.Special Features:
- Fun place for a special occasioncherieeeDined on 11/17/2013We go to the Melting Pot about once or twice a year and it is fun. I liked it when there were fewer choices. The cheese fondue was just ok, we ran out of cheese very quickly and there was not a lot of flavor to either pot of cheese we ordered. The entrée and desert were really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont Skip the CHOCOLATEYaridDined on 11/16/2013The food is delicious but if you wanna skip the main course, make sure you get the cheese fondue appetizers and the CHOCOLATE FONDUE dessert course. You won't be disappointed. It's heavenly.Special Features:
- Very RomanticzanykooksDined on 11/16/2013We were celebrating our 5 month dating anniversary. So there is still a lot of kissing. They gave us a private booth, and it was perfect. There were little twinkling stars in the ceiling. The food was great, especially dessert and our server Alexis was wonderful. It was our first time and we needed a lot of direction. Alexis was patient and answered the same question 5 times without blinking an eye. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boiled Food Adventure.Fireinsp41Dined on 11/15/2013We traveled an hour to the Melting Pot for a birthday celebration. The server was great, very on top of things. We like the appetizer and the desert. The main course we were surprised that we had to cook our own food. Everything was boiled in a broth and we were served raw shrimp, chicken and beef to soak in a boiling pot. We would of liked to be served a cooked main course and went back to the fondue pot for the desert. I kept telling my party that this was an adventure. I felt that it was an expensive adventure for what we received. We will not be returning.
- Awesome!!!JmwpVIPDined on 11/14/2013This place is AMAZING. For a group dinner or just dessert, you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Fondue!!Jen726Dined on 11/12/2013I have been here several times and every time has been a wonderful experience. I particularly loved the last experience our waitress Grace was AMAZING! she could not have been nicer or more helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was great. Had a wonderful2four2Dined on 11/9/2013Service was great. Had a wonderful waitress. Only disappointment was that if you go with a large crowd 6 or more it's really hard to cook your food. The way the tables are set up, You have to stand up and try the other pots. I would only go back if it's 2 or 4 people. This is expensive. but overall a fun experience.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Food was great and the waiter was really attentive. Service was world class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013It was pleasant surprise, the spinach artichoke was amazing!Special Features:
- Love itSweetDined on 10/27/2013The food was great and my waiter was even greater. It wasnt loud which was surprising cause they where throwing a party for someone. I would love to go back it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, intimate settinglashelizVIPDined on 10/24/2013As always, great place for a romantic dinner or catching up with a friend. Fun and tastes good too, service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun fondue dinnererpdlDined on 10/19/2013lots to choose from on the menu. our waiter was so helpful from the start which made it more fun and easy to enjoy the time there. it was something different and our kids enjoyed themselves too.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceMaggieDined on 10/12/2013I celebrated a romantic birthday at this restaurant recently and the fondue experience was amazing and exciting. I would not leave out any one of the 4-course dinner. The cheese was fondue was not too cheesy for the vegetables or the fruit. I would have preferred whole wheat bread for dipping but all else was fine. The salad dressing was exotic and tasty. The adventure of cooking your own food as you ate was awesome!. Then the dessert, the chocolate, I had yin and yang, best of both worlds, and not too sweet, but lip smacking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTishasMomDined on 10/12/2013Very impressive from the food to the service. Parking a bit of a hassle, but would definitely recommend it and would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service, and decor.Dpeters914Dined on 10/11/2013Great food, service, and decor. Our waiter jay was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy!VennyVIPDined on 10/7/2013The food is fantastic and the service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great relaxing mealJoannelizVIPDined on 10/3/2013Every time I eat at the Melting Pot I comment about how special and relaxing the meal is. It is truly dining out. People think it is expensive but an order for one feeds two ! This is a great experience!Special Features:
- Perfect!!!Rnis1Dined on 10/1/2013This was my first visit to the Melting Pot and it will not be the last. From the first moment you walk in the door, the ambiance is breathtaking. That, in addition to some of the finest all-around and table side service on Earth, make this restaurant a must go! It is the perfect place for any special occasion or simply a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :)tinkDined on 9/28/2013Best restaurant ever. It is delicious and fun all rolled into one perfect date night or girl's night location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.