The Melting Pot - DC
1220 19th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/washington-dc/specials
- Phone: 2028570777
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm to 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm to 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Swiss
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Megan Fricker, firstname.lastname@example.org 2028570777
- Special Events: Wine Down Wednesday! Every Wednesday enjoy a bottle of $50 of less for 50% off. Date Night Thursday! A four course meal and a bottle of wine for $100 per couple. Happy Hour! Enjoy cheese, chocolate, and drink specials at the bar 5 to 7 pm Mon-Fri.
- Cross Street: Between M and N Streets
- Public Transit: To travel to our restaurant on the Metro, take the red line to Dupont Circle and exit the South side. We are a block and a half down 19th Street on the right hand side.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: $8 per vehicle, only on Friday and Saturday evening.
A word from The Melting Pot - DC
How do you fondue? A visit to the sophisticated The Melting Pot introduces diners to the traditional and fun Swiss cooking style. Cheese, meat, seafood and dessert fondues dominate the menu at this swank restaurant with high-backed booths, romantic Lover's Lane section and spacious party room. Linger over a four-course fondue dinner; savor a creamy cheese fondue before show time or cap off the evening by swirling through a fondue dessert. Fondues are prepared tableside. Sip a specialty drink from the trendy bar overlooking granite tabletops and glistening fondue pots. Many of the wines from the Wine Spectator award winning wine list are offered by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Melting Pot - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
- Only bad thing to say is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Only bad thing to say is that they are closing their DC location! Overall, this is a great experience - every time!Special Features:
- Service was great and restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/3/2012Service was great and restaurant was very nicely decorated. Food was great, as usual, and my family and I really enjoyed visiting this Melting Pot. Unfortunately, I heard that their lease was up and it would be closing next weekend. Such a shame...it is a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012Very enjoyable experience. The perfect environment for a lingering dinner. You can't rush the experience of fondue, so you have to slow down and enjoy it.Special Features:
- We had an excellent meal andAnneDined on 11/2/2012We had an excellent meal and it was nice to be able to take our time. There were 5 of us and we had a lot of catching up to do. The waiter never hurried us and he let us determine the pace of the meal. It was a perfect choice.Special Features:
- Great service. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/27/2012Great service. The food was amazing. The four course Big Night Out is the way to go and the wine paring takes is from good to superb!Special Features:
- Best restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Best restaurant experience we have ever had! The service was as excellent as the food and everything was totally worth it. Thank you for an amazing night!Special Features:
- It's a kitschy favorite. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012It's a kitschy favorite. The service is always good, the food is good. If you don't like fondue, avoid like the plague. If you do like fondue, and you have a few hours to kill, I LOVE this place. I brought my five year old and he loved the experience of "cooking" his own food--we went early on a weeknight.Special Features:
- Very nice place to dine at,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2012Very nice place to dine at, will be returning in the future. Great selection of wine.Special Features:
- Maybe because the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2012Maybe because the restaurant was not crowded our waiter tried to rush us thru our meal. My wife commented several times she did not like the pace at which the waiter wanted the meal to flow; perhaps he made a mistake when he told us he was headed out with his buddies after work.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2012My boyfriend and I went there for our anniversary. I let them know that when I booked the reservation and I felt like we were treated like a king and queen. We got a private booth in a back room and our waiter was very nice. We were offered a date night special, $90 for all four courses plus a bottle of wine and champagne toast for dessert. Plus free chocolate covered strawberries to go! Just remember to come hungry. I almost had to be rolled out of there!Special Features:
- It was a very nice way toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012It was a very nice way to enjoy a date night. Also, a nice way to break a vegetarian diet since their meat is delicious and you get a variety in small pieces. Servers are very helpful for the first-timers too! I will definitely go again with a larger group!Special Features:
- We always enjoy going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012We always enjoy going to the Melting Pot. The service and food are excellent. It's always fun to cook your food. It's surprising how full you get when you don't seem to be eating much. They made a special "Tiramisu" chocolate fondue for dessert for us. It was yummy. The only negative is that the decor is getting a bit dated and the booth seats really have to be recovered soon, as they are cracked. Sitting on them is a bit uncomfortable for the ladies in their thin dresses. Otherwise, we highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- I went with a group who hasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/22/2012I went with a group who has never been so it was exciting to introduce this fabulous gem. The waiter explained what was going on before each preparation of each course. I will be returning soon!Special Features:
- Not the best melting pot experienceLoveDined on 9/16/2012The food was pretty good, and the regular melting pot affair. The service was really subpar, especially for a slow night. Luckily, I was not celebrating a special occasion or I would have been very disappointed.
- Mixed bagOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/15/2012Don't arrive too hungry since the service is initially excrutiatingly slow (this has happened both times I've been here), and there is nothing to munch on while you wait. We were at our table for 30 minutes before starting to eat despite telling them we were starving and wanted to eat very quickly. Once the food arrived, however, the service was good. The food was wonderful and loved the various sauces and dips. Bloody Mary was one of the best I've had anywhere. One other problem was the elevator (or lack thereof). We had two elderly people in our group who needed to use it and no one could make it work. The restaurant is located down a very long flight of stairs so this was difficult for the walker/cane crowd.
- My server Steve was amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012My server Steve was amazing and extremely nice. I very much appreciated his humor and exceptional service. When he thought we had ordered more than we meant to, he told us so. I'm grateful to have spent the special occasion at the melting pot, which is one of the best locations I've visited over 3 states. A+!Special Features:
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/15/2012This was our first visit to a Melting Pot restaurant. My wife and I had a very enjoyable time. The service was excellent. Although we had the full course dinner, we felt a future visit might just include a cheese fondue, salad, and dessert.Special Features:
- A little disappointedJimmyDined on 9/8/2012I know that I should have liked my experience at the Melting Pot more than I did. However, I was not prepared for the slow service. Our server seemed as if she'd been there since opening, because she was extremely tired. The only reason I didn't rate here poorly is she REALLY tried. I was NOT prepared to have to cook my own food. Had I known about that little feature, I would have been in a different frame of mind. I think one time at the Melting Pot was enough for me.
- When is Melting Pot ever aTomboVIPDined on 9/8/2012When is Melting Pot ever a bad experience? Never! This meal was fantastic.Special Features:
- I'm not a huge fan if fondue,DMG1978Dined on 9/4/2012I'm not a huge fan if fondue, but it was a nice dinning experience and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- Took my mom here for her birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012Took my mom here for her birthday and we had a very good time! All of the food was fantastic, drinks were a little over priced and the service was a little slow. But overall a good experience. Also the fact that they have a 20% military discount on Mondays was very nice!Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2012Nice experience - little bit noise, excellent serviceSpecial Features:
- We had a fabulous time andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012We had a fabulous time and our waitress was awesome.Special Features:
- Me and my spouse went forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Me and my spouse went for our 1 year anniversary it was soo romantic and wonderful we got a table reserved in the "lovers lane" we were all alone cooking our food enjoying our time. The server was excellentSpecial Features:
- food was good, but disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012I don't know if my concern will be get the restaurant attention, but I would like to say that after making the reservation with opentable and also sending an email to the restaurant saying that I need a "signature package", and never get it on the table, was something so disappointed in how opentable or the restaurant take care of the special requests. I really like this place, but for sure it not going to be an option next time for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Took the kids and it was fun.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/19/2012Took the kids and it was fun. Suggest just doing two courses -- not three. Cuz they don't need that much food. We did chesse fondue and then chocolate and they had a blast.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2012We went to this restaurant as a way to try something new and fun for less money during Washington's Restaurant Week. It proved to fit the bill for that. Though my companion did not like the section of the restuarant we were seated in, where we could only see out to a wall, after the server was informed we were there and food started arriving, all was well. All ingredients were fresh, the instructions were clear and it was a kick to either watch the food prepared (as with the cheese fondue) or do so ourselves. And finishing dinner with chocolate is always heaven.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2012We really enjoyed our dinner. Service was great and the experience was far better than we were expecting. Kinda pricey but would def be a great first date experienceSpecial Features:
- Another table was pretty noisy,smg13Dined on 8/18/2012Another table was pretty noisy, but besides that the food and service was great as usual.
- Overall I had a really greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2012Overall I had a really great time and enjoyed the food. My only comment would be to not have so long of a lag time between courses. It's great to have 10 minutes or so between courses but 30 is a bit too long.Special Features:
- The appetizer and dessertcoolrelaxedDined on 8/18/2012The appetizer and dessert were really the highlights of the night. The entree was good, but not as thrilling as the chocolate fondue.Special Features:
- The service was very poor.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012The service was very poor. It took our server 15 minutes to visit our table. Everything took a very long time. She even made a comment that "Good things come to those who wait.". I felt that was in poor taste. Also, there was a very loud grinding noise coming from behind the bar. It would go for 5 minutes and then stop but it was very obnoxious. We are on vacation and that was the first place we went. I have eaten at Melting Pots before, but almost 2 hours for a 4 course meal is ridiculous.
- Food was great, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Food was great, as usual. Service was slow and server seemed unconcerned with us. Lack of attention took away from our experience overall.Special Features:
- Not Worth ItShesSavvyVIPDined on 8/17/2012I'd been to The Melting Pot several times and never had a problem before, until this time. We arrived for our reservation and a hostess took us to our table only to find people were still sitting there. We went back and ordered drinks because we were told it would be a few minutes. From there things only went down hill. We were finally seate but no waiter came so I went back to the host stand. She finally came but didn't see to know what she was doing. Took her several attempts to start our cheese fondue (she went back to the kitchen THREE times) because she kept forgetting things. Each course took forever to come out and the restaurant was incrediblly hot. So much so we didn't finish our entrees and took dessert to go...
- My new guilty pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/20122nd time in two weeks. Love love love. Been talking about it nonstop!!!Special Features:
- Maybe it was Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2012Maybe it was Restaurant week but the experience was really bad. 30 minutes to be seated WITH a reservation - the hostess had misplaced us! Another 20 minutes after being seated before the waiter showed up! The burner kept going out! It was a longggg night. Have had great dinners at the Arlington and Reston locations but think we will steer clear of DC!Special Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012My wife and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary at your D.C. restaurant and we had a great time. Our waitress was wonderful and attentive to our every need. It was great food and we will be back again to enjoy amother spevial event.Special Features:
- I've been to this MeltingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2012I've been to this Melting Pot about 6 times; but for Fondue Appreciation Day this April, i went tot he Melting Pot in Arlington. The service we received in Arlignton was SOOOOO much better than the service we receive in DC. Melting Pot is such a fun and great way to do a group event. But you have to have a good waiter to make it all come together. Trust me--do the Melting Pot but just not this one. I've had too many poor servers to recommend it.Special Features:
- Loved Melting Pot-deliciousBuffalochickensandwichfanVIPDined on 8/16/2012Loved Melting Pot-delicious fondue restaurant. Definitely coming back!Special Features:
- The Melting Pot was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2012The Melting Pot was amazing! The food was great, and the dessert is absolutely the best! No matter what you order you can't go wrong. There can be a lot of time between the different courses, it was because you're full by the 3rd course. I recommend this restaurant to everyone, great for a girls night or a date!Special Features: