The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
1564 Laskin Road, Suite 182
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/virginia-beach/specials
- Phone: 7574253463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer a private room that seats up to 36 persons. Credit card is required to hold reservations. Preset menu is required for parties of more than 13.
- Private Party Contact: Ariel Yandell 7574253463
A word from The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won’t find at any other restaurant. Here you'll discover all of the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot is certain to please. Make reservations today and come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (92)notable wine list (38)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (22)late-night find (8)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great fo a special occasionVAfinedinerDined on 10/14/2014My wife looks forward to spending her birthday dinner at The Melting Pot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner for TwoDavidDined on 10/11/2014Always a favorite of my wife's, The Melting Pot once again showed their dedication to the dining experience and food quality. If you are looking for a nice night out for 2-4 people I highly recommend this restaurant. Just make sure to get a reservation in advance.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot -very unique diningjuliat85Dined on 10/8/2014The Melting Pot - very unique dining experience. A quite atmosphere good for intimate eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!JReyesDined on 10/4/2014The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach is always a Great spot for that romantic or special occasion dinner. While the food is outstanding, the thing that makes this place so nice is the quality of service. The servers are courteous, knowledgeable and always ensure that you have a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for a late night dessert!GeriptDined on 10/3/2014We had a not so impressive dinner at a place nearby and decided to go for dessert. Our server was friendly and helpful and we had a very enjoyable and romantic dessert. Very nice atomosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!RaxhellDined on 10/3/2014I love The Melting Pot but this was my first time at this location. My boyfriend and I were celebrating our third anniversary so we requested Lover' Lane. My only complaint was that the Lover's Lane at this location was not as private as others I have been to. The waitress was amazing along with the four course meal. We both ordered a couple of drinks and the only one I wasn't a fan of was the White Russian, a little watered down. I would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- An Excellent ExperienceBigBirdDined on 9/26/2014From being greeted at the door, sat at our tables, and enjoying deasert- it was an excellent experience. Our server was Troy, he had been working there for three years, and was very knowledgeable. His service was high quality; alike the food. I have nothing poorly to state about our night out on the town. Keep up the great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice touch...TheHornersDined on 9/20/2014During our desert course, our server Bradley, brought a plate with 'Happy Anniversary' writen in chocolate. Was a very nice touch to the end of a wonderful meal. Service was exceptional! My wife and I were very pleased and had a excellent anniversary. Thanks Bradley and The Melting Pot for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth itGreyGrayDined on 9/19/2014I recently went to The Melting Pot for a celebration dinner, and it was wonderful. Not only was our waiter very knowledgable, but he was very personable as well. The food was excellent. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceNekaDined on 9/19/2014It is always a great experience here. They have on file what we like to pick and eat from the cheese to the dessert which I can say is awesome. We have our on waitress.Special Features:
- Best food we've ever hadJlorenDined on 9/19/2014This was our first trip to The Melting Pot and we could not have been more impressed. The wait staff was wonderful and very friendly. They kindly and patiently explained everything and gave advice when asked. The food could not have been better. It was all delicious and we couldn't believe the amount we ate! We would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Screaming ChildHHiteDined on 9/16/2014This was my third dining experience at The Melting Pot. As I expected the food and service was superior. I was quite upset however over a family that brought there three year old to the restaurant. The child proceeded to scream and throw things which I found quite unsettling. It was my anniversary and I was quite annoyed because of someone else's inconsiderate decision to bring their child to a quaint and classy establishment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurry up and payDinner4TwoDined on 9/13/2014I went to The Melting Pot to celebrate my 30th birthday with four other people. As soon as we were all there we were seated. We ordered our food and drinks and everything came out really fast and was delicious. The only issue was five min after our waitress brought our food she brought our checks. Then not even five min later she came and asked if they were ready to be picked up, which they were not. We all put our credit cards in and talked about how we felt like we were being pushed out the door. So half way into our desert we had already paid. Afterward all we talked about was how we felt rushed not how good the food was and how the restaurant lost out on revenue because we all would have ordered at least one more drink.Special Features:
- PerfectArthurDined on 9/11/2014I took my wife out for a romantic dinner, and this was perfect. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, and the whole experience was top notch. Zero complaints.Special Features:
- First time at TMPAJC95Dined on 9/5/2014It was a really fun and unique experience. Our waitress was very nice. Great spot for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Belated AniversaryLove2eatDined on 8/30/2014I've always wanted to try TMP experience and it was worth. Server explained the menu which was great, since we've never been there before. I do gate with some others reviewer that they could add a timer kn the table. My husband and I have a somewhat policy of no phones at date night, and we had to pull out our phone to so the timer, it was a little inconvenient, also we could hear the table next to is with their phone timer as well. Overall we would go back to dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Nice to experience and the meats were tender, but not a place I'd visit on a regular basis. Our server was excellent though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some suggestionsOkieDined on 8/26/2014Overall the experience was great but there were a few things I didn't like. The stove wires under the table were visible and trashy looking and a big stopwatch on the wall would of been ideal to keep time when cooking. Last thing, in the booths that were L shaped there was a big hump that I had to sit on so I could be close to my woman. It wasn't comfortable so maybe a one piece cushion with consistent cushioning all the way around would of been idealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously EnterntainingJohnFDined on 8/22/2014A wonderful dining experience. The only drawback is there is only one hotplate on the table, requiring the party to be restricted to selecting only one cheese, one entree cooking style, and one chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheese and chocolate lover's dreamRichDined on 8/21/2014The new alpine cheese creation is delicious. The cheddar one gets really stringy. Yin and Yang and turtle choc dips were delish.Special Features:
- Best time in YEARS!!!Gr8timeDined on 8/21/2014The last night before my deployment I planned to take my wife out to somewhere special. Thanks to Luis and the rest of the staff it was the best time the we have had in years. The food was nothing less then perfect, and our waiter Luis gave great recommendations. We look forward to going again as soon I get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThisDined on 8/20/2014We went to the melting pot for a birthday party. It was loads of fun and the staff was professional, and courteous. This is best done on the four course option, which can take two hours to complete. Thus, while it is great for parties, I'm not sure it is good for casual dining. It is also a good value for the price, but because it is four courses it is not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentSheltieDined on 8/19/2014Our server, Florianna, was wonderful. She was attentive without being overbearing. She answered any questions we had and was very polite. She even put a candle on a piece of cake for my spouse's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Make Up SpotCheapAsCheeseDined on 8/15/2014The melting pot was great A Lil expensive but it was absolutely worth it. Great ambiance, great service, not to mention the food was top notch, and the wine and dessert was amazing! The next time my fiancé and I have an argument (and I'm wrong) I'll be taking her here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience.AnniversaryDined on 8/14/2014We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and a friend recommended the Melting Pot. We had an awesome experience and a great waiter who made the evening even that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy dining at your own paceSpecial4UsDined on 8/10/2014Very relaxing, outstanding service and recommendations for food choices. All eight of us selected the 4 course event, and we were able to eat and enjoy the food, company at our own pace. Never felt rushed what contributed to enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My waitress was lovely and very helpful. It gives you a warm feeling. And the fondue was amazing. The drinks were tasty. We got the meal for two which I didn't know was some a small portion. So we were still hungry and had to get something else to eat from somewhere else. Besides the portion being extremely small I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting PotBBLAKEDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I were here for our 18th anniversary. ...I rate this restaurant a 10 for a romantic intimate setting. ...we would definitely go back again....everything was perfect. ..the waiter was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and fabulous!InsearchofgreatsteakDined on 8/3/2014We love TMP!! The food, the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:
- Amazing as always, ask for Roy!MEADDined on 8/3/2014My friends and I went in, had an excellent dinner, and service was exceptional! We had Roy, he was very patient and outgoing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful times!RBAdamsDined on 8/2/2014Ashley was an amazing waitress. We had a group and it could have been overwhelming, but she handled it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightitscarlyyyDined on 8/2/2014Melting pot made my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend one for the books! everything was scrumptious, and our waiter was very helpful with what to choose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent visit!FamilyDinerDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at the Melting Pot on Saturday evening - our server, Xana was excellent as usual! Good food, great company, wonderful service and a lively atmosphere make for a very enjoyable dinning experience. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service & mealRinniDined on 8/1/2014My family's recent dinner experience at The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach was outstanding! The food was fresh & flavor-filled. Our waiter, Luis, however, made our dinner experience exceptional! Luis was attentive, friendly, and helpful. With 2 adults and 4 kids, our waiter was busy; but you would have never known. Suggestions he made regarding meal choices was appreciated and spot-on. Our family will definitely return to this Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food experience not to be missed.MontyDined on 7/27/2014Food and experience is great and my family thoroughly enjoys the Melting Pot and sharing with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Go Away HungryrobincoveDined on 7/27/2014We always get the fondue for 2 - there is so much food you will never go away hungry. We are able to customize each course and are never disappointed. The service was wonderful - kept checking back to make sure our drinks were filled and if we needed anything else. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We had an awesome night out at The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach last weekend. Josh was our server and he exceeded our expectations for the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!WinendineDined on 7/25/2014Our group of four were blow away by the delicious food and our server Xana. She was friendly, helpful, and overall a fantastic person! The staff who stopped by the table were also great. We enjoyed our night and will be coming back. We'll ask for Xana again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front deskOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I love this place. I came here to celebrate my birthday, the only bad experience I had was the people at the front desk who completely ignored me and I Had reservations. They kept staring at me and asking everyone else around me if they had been helped. They seemed confused. I had to approach them and say excuse my I have reservations to which they replied "okay, hold on". Everything else was wonderful. My server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - VBBigAlDined on 7/20/2014My friend was having her 66th birthday and we choose Melting Pot. First time for me, but the others had been there years before. We had fun selecting our dishes. Eating was a slow process - it allowed us to talk and enjoy each others company. All around a great place for special occasions!Special Features: