The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
1564 Laskin Road, Suite 182
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/virginia-beach/specials
- Phone: 7574253463
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer a private room that seats up to 36 persons. Credit card is required to hold reservations. Preset menu is required for parties of more than 13.
- Private Party Contact: Ariel Yandell 7574253463
A word from The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won’t find at any other restaurant. Here you'll discover all of the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four-course fondue dinners. No matter what the occasion from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot is certain to please. Make reservations today and come dip into something different.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
The Melting Pot - Virginia Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (90)notable wine list (35)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Belated AniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014I've always wanted to try TMP experience and it was worth. Server explained the menu which was great, since we've never been there before. I do gate with some others reviewer that they could add a timer kn the table. My husband and I have a somewhat policy of no phones at date night, and we had to pull out our phone to so the timer, it was a little inconvenient, also we could hear the table next to is with their phone timer as well. Overall we would go back to dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Nice to experience and the meats were tender, but not a place I'd visit on a regular basis. Our server was excellent though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some suggestionsOkieDined on 8/26/2014Overall the experience was great but there were a few things I didn't like. The stove wires under the table were visible and trashy looking and a big stopwatch on the wall would of been ideal to keep time when cooking. Last thing, in the booths that were L shaped there was a big hump that I had to sit on so I could be close to my woman. It wasn't comfortable so maybe a one piece cushion with consistent cushioning all the way around would of been idealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciously EnterntainingJohnFDined on 8/22/2014A wonderful dining experience. The only drawback is there is only one hotplate on the table, requiring the party to be restricted to selecting only one cheese, one entree cooking style, and one chocolate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThisDined on 8/20/2014We went to the melting pot for a birthday party. It was loads of fun and the staff was professional, and courteous. This is best done on the four course option, which can take two hours to complete. Thus, while it is great for parties, I'm not sure it is good for casual dining. It is also a good value for the price, but because it is four courses it is not cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellentSheltieDined on 8/19/2014Our server, Florianna, was wonderful. She was attentive without being overbearing. She answered any questions we had and was very polite. She even put a candle on a piece of cake for my spouse's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Make Up SpotCheapAsCheeseDined on 8/15/2014The melting pot was great A Lil expensive but it was absolutely worth it. Great ambiance, great service, not to mention the food was top notch, and the wine and dessert was amazing! The next time my fiancé and I have an argument (and I'm wrong) I'll be taking her here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience.AnniversaryDined on 8/14/2014We were celebrating our 10th anniversary and a friend recommended the Melting Pot. We had an awesome experience and a great waiter who made the evening even that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy dining at your own paceSpecial4UsDined on 8/10/2014Very relaxing, outstanding service and recommendations for food choices. All eight of us selected the 4 course event, and we were able to eat and enjoy the food, company at our own pace. Never felt rushed what contributed to enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My waitress was lovely and very helpful. It gives you a warm feeling. And the fondue was amazing. The drinks were tasty. We got the meal for two which I didn't know was some a small portion. So we were still hungry and had to get something else to eat from somewhere else. Besides the portion being extremely small I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Melting PotBBLAKEDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I were here for our 18th anniversary. ...I rate this restaurant a 10 for a romantic intimate setting. ...we would definitely go back again....everything was perfect. ..the waiter was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and fabulous!InsearchofgreatsteakDined on 8/3/2014We love TMP!! The food, the atmosphere and the service.Special Features:
- Amazing as always, ask for Roy!MEADDined on 8/3/2014My friends and I went in, had an excellent dinner, and service was exceptional! We had Roy, he was very patient and outgoing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful times!RBAdamsDined on 8/2/2014Ashley was an amazing waitress. We had a group and it could have been overwhelming, but she handled it well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightitscarlyyyDined on 8/2/2014Melting pot made my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend one for the books! everything was scrumptious, and our waiter was very helpful with what to choose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent visit!FamilyDinerDined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at the Melting Pot on Saturday evening - our server, Xana was excellent as usual! Good food, great company, wonderful service and a lively atmosphere make for a very enjoyable dinning experience. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional service & mealRinniDined on 8/1/2014My family's recent dinner experience at The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach was outstanding! The food was fresh & flavor-filled. Our waiter, Luis, however, made our dinner experience exceptional! Luis was attentive, friendly, and helpful. With 2 adults and 4 kids, our waiter was busy; but you would have never known. Suggestions he made regarding meal choices was appreciated and spot-on. Our family will definitely return to this Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food experience not to be missed.MontyDined on 7/27/2014Food and experience is great and my family thoroughly enjoys the Melting Pot and sharing with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Go Away HungryrobincoveDined on 7/27/2014We always get the fondue for 2 - there is so much food you will never go away hungry. We are able to customize each course and are never disappointed. The service was wonderful - kept checking back to make sure our drinks were filled and if we needed anything else. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fun night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We had an awesome night out at The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach last weekend. Josh was our server and he exceeded our expectations for the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!WinendineDined on 7/25/2014Our group of four were blow away by the delicious food and our server Xana. She was friendly, helpful, and overall a fantastic person! The staff who stopped by the table were also great. We enjoyed our night and will be coming back. We'll ask for Xana again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front deskOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I love this place. I came here to celebrate my birthday, the only bad experience I had was the people at the front desk who completely ignored me and I Had reservations. They kept staring at me and asking everyone else around me if they had been helped. They seemed confused. I had to approach them and say excuse my I have reservations to which they replied "okay, hold on". Everything else was wonderful. My server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot - VBBigAlDined on 7/20/2014My friend was having her 66th birthday and we choose Melting Pot. First time for me, but the others had been there years before. We had fun selecting our dishes. Eating was a slow process - it allowed us to talk and enjoy each others company. All around a great place for special occasions!Special Features:
- SpecialFrankieDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our 39th anniversary here. Great dinner:Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The Melting Pot in Virginia Beach is so delicious! The service was great. I only wish the tables were a bit more private like the one in Jacksonville, Florida. But overall I give it five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long process...don't show up lateAnnoyingDined on 7/16/2014Everything was really nice about the experience. It's just that the staff was cleaning and scrubbing the tables beside ours and making a lot of noise. They were not closed and still open for quite some time. This was rude and made us feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Wedding AnniversarySMcLainDined on 7/13/2014My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary and it was fantastic! We were seated as soon as we confirmed our reservation in a nice quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the restaurant. Our waiter, Roy, was perfect. He greeted us within moments, helped us choose our cheese, and explained everything to us. He gave us time to enjoy ourselves and our food without hovering or rushing us. While he set up the pots he was very attentive to our needs. When it was time for dessert we had a wonderful surprise. We will certainly be returning next year!Special Features:
- DaphneTheSheftysDined on 7/12/2014Great service by Daphne!!! Thank you for a fun evening.Special Features:
- Portion controlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014The dessert is so good you have to be mindful that other people are sharing.;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for twochocolateandcheeseDined on 7/10/2014The food, ambience, and service were all excellent. I only wish my stomach were larger! This was the perfect meal out WITHOUT our toddler. Allocate two hours and come hungry.Special Features:
- Great DiningAwesomeDined on 7/6/2014The Melting Pot is a great place to dine. From the beginning to end the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Great, Great!!silver25Dined on 7/6/2014The service was great, the food great and our server was excellent. Very attentive and friendly. We celebrated our 25th anniversary there, and found it a great place for special occasions. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTheSheftysDined on 7/5/2014Our server Aaron was great! We enjoy the slow pace. It was relaxing and interactive. The prices are up there but if you factor in what it actually involves it is reasonable for a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014My wife and I dined at Melting Pot for her birthday and were not disappointed in the least. The food was delicious, server was attentive but not over bearing and we had a wonderful experience. The chocolate covered strawberries we brought home were delicious. No complaints and we look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service...2littlemuttsDined on 7/3/2014Everything was wonderful, except the manager. I was able to find a groupon and we had gone for a date night to use it before it expired. Our server said they don't accept them at that location, and he'd let us use it if it was up to him, but it wasn't and he got his manager. (I've never used an actual groupon before, and had no idea that you bought them based on specific locations).Well, the manager comes by and says, "you had the groupon, we don't accept that here in virginia beach!" Then he walked off, and I was left there stunned at his blunt, rude statement. I understand it was my mistake, but as a manager you need to treat customers with respect, caring, and say unfortunately we can't take that here and have compassion in your voice.Special Features:
- expensive!!!StephaniebDined on 7/2/2014Melting pot is well known. We got what we expected. Food was good. But for 2 people...$86 is ridiculously expensive to cook your own food.Special Features:
- Your Server makes it specialARGfoodieDined on 7/2/2014We had a wonderful server...LUIS...He explained what, where, when, and how. Great advice on flavors etc... The quality of the food was excellent! Everyone had a great time. Only concern is the price. Be prepared $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayBdayFoodiesDined on 6/28/2014My husband decided he wanted to go to the Melting Pot for his brithday (27th). We had gone to one in Pittsburgh before and loved it, this one did not disappoint either. There was a great wine list to pair with our meal and there were more meal choices than the last time we went. It was great. Our server was great, food was great. We made reservations. If you want a more romantic feel request a secluded booth for two in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:
- great food, server was annoyingmamaniteoutgroupDined on 6/21/2014The food was excellent as always. Our server checked on us often which was kinda nice but she was a tad annoying in a few instances. We had to get our own silverware bc our napkins were dirty, ignored the fact my friend has been coming there for yrs and instead of checking on a request she ignored it and insisted my friend was wrong. Set the tone for rest of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Taste, Not so FillingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014This was my first time at the melting pot and I probably will not go back. For how much you pay, the food just does not fill me up. Granted 55 Dollars for dinner, including tip, is not outrageous. But literally two hours later I was starving. For the money I would rather have a nice steak. But thats just me. On a good note, the server was wonderful. It was my girlfriend and I's first anniversary. He brought out one candle with our desert, its the little things that count. He was just all around a fun person.Special Features: