The Melting Pot - Tulsa
300 Riverwalk Terrace
Tulsa, OK 74037Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Tulsa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tulsa/specials
- Phone: 9182998000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: TulsaMeltingPot@OKFondue.com 9182998000x
A word from The Melting Pot - Tulsa
At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you’ll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premiere fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out we offer something truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
The Melting Pot - Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)romantic (93)notable wine list (35)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (26)kid-friendly (11)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- DisappointedMomof2Dined on 9/14/2014I'm disappointed because we went to the Melting Pot for my Daugher's birthday, well I had called the restraunt the day of our reservation and had requested balloons (which was an option), well we get there and no balloons so I reminded the Manager and he said yes they would get them well by the time I paid for our check there were still NO balloons, although the food was great, our waiter was great, I'm very disappointed that they didn't make it a special event for her birthday (especially after reminding them twice), also it took about 15 mins after our reservation time to seat us and also when you buy a groupon they were suppose to give you a coupon for your next visit, well I also never received that. Not too pleased.Special Features:
- Melting Pot-2014-09CwpampDined on 9/13/2014Great service. Waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. Had the "restaurant week special", upgraded to different style.. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Great foods, okay service, mehMadhatsDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed my food and my girlfriend did as well. The waiter as a person was great and gave me a great glass of wine. When I made the reservation, it was asked if I would like anything to make the dinner better. I put that it was my girlfriend's birthday and I would like something Dr. Who there as a surprise. Nothing was added but the waiter did wish her a happy birthday. That was very lackluster. Really annoyed that it happened like it did.Special Features:
- always a treat!hilla913Dined on 9/13/2014the "secret" house-made Snickers chocolate is the best we've had so far...try it!Special Features:
- Great Way to CelebrateNiclovesfoodDined on 9/12/2014We ate here for my husband's birthday and my friend's engagement celebration. The food was fantastic! We particularly enjoyed dessert. Our server was sweet, attentive and made it a wonderful experience. We are looking forward to going again, even if it is just for dessert. I highly recommend the s'more chocolate or the turtle chocolate. We couldn't decide which we liked more.Special Features:
- Great evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We went to The Melting Pot for Restaurant Week, and also on our daughter-in-law's recommendation. It was one of the best dining experiences I've had! The server was great, the fondue was wonderful. We've made fondue at home, but always used oil. It was helpful to see other ways it can be made. Courses were well-timed. It's expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Awesome place - perfectDeborahDined on 9/9/2014Great place, great food & great service. They always go above & beyond to make your dining a special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true "dining experience"Krf626Dined on 9/8/2014Set a reservation for 715. Arrived promptly and was advised it would be just a bit. We're say at 730 and greeted about 10 minutes later. This seemed long and our waitress explained they were a bit understaffed. However she was able to answer every question, make great recommendations, and was very competent in the process of making each fondue. She apologized several times about the wait and was very grateful for our patience. For us having to spend 2 1/2 hours eating, somehow she was able to keep us very happy and complaint free. She was so positive and energetic we could tell she was working very hard to please many people. The food was amazing and as our first experience I would definitely reccomend it to couples to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was not very accomodating.disappointingDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a special birthday in our and the waiter just seemed to want to make things confusing and not want to accommodate our reasonable request. The waiter had a personality that just did not seem fitting for this type of position. It made us uncomfortable and took away from the experience. When your paying that much for a meal and celebrating a special occasion as we were, it really was disappointing! We have dined several times, and always had a pleasant experience, but we certainly did not have that on 9/5/2014. If we return, we will start requesting waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value was lackingBAFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Even with 60% off, our meal was still $83 for two people! When I made the reservation I bought the picture in the frame for $5 and someone came by and took a picture with her phone, which was very dark, and put it in a cheap cardboard frame. Very disappointing! This is one of those places I had been wanting to try but it was too expensive, so with the Groupon decided to give it a try. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceshealovesDined on 8/29/2014I've been to the Melting Pot several times, but this occasion was my boyfriend and his parents' first time. It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday. The staff had balloons waiting at the table for us, along with a card signed by all the staff. Our server, Rose, was amazing and funny. She made the experience even better for us. The food was amazing, as it always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!LaurenDined on 8/23/2014I know a lot of people who go to the Melting Pot just to eat the cheese and dessert. Their meat selection is actually the reason to go! It is extremely tender and the cooking style keeps it juicy! Very fun date or romantic evening! Fun for groups to come get dessert as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day celebration!Silvertabby82Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated three birthdays of all ages ( two at 18 and one at 32). The staff was wonderful and made us all feel special! We especially enjoyed the cheese fondu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next time, only for dessert...theanswerischocolateDined on 8/22/2014The food was great and the ambiance was nice (other than a little noisy) but the service was not up to their usual standard. This was our 3rd visit to this location and we were celebrating 2 birthdays with another couple who had never dined there before. Unfortunately, we were very dissatisfied with our server. She'd leave us for very long periods of time between courses (20-40 min) without even coming back to see if we needed anything, ask how we were doing or to refill our empty glasses. It took 3 hrs and 15 min to eat dinner and we were just ready to leave before we even got to the dessert course. We flagged down another server for our ticket and apologized to our guests for the poor service and for getting out of there so late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightokeegirlDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I used a Groupon here for our date night. It was great food, wonderful service, and a romantic atmosphere. We loved it.Special Features:
- Mrs. Michael Franks4FranksGirlsDined on 8/16/2014This dinner was a treat for my 3 teenage daughters. It was their most memorable dining experience ever! The loved it and asked if we could make it a tradition for a shopping weekend. Plan to spend a fabulous couple of hours there. However, the time flies by because you are entertained by the meal. We absolutely loved it!!!Special Features:
- nurskdgDined on 8/15/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions. It is very pricey compared to other restaurants but everything was wonderful and had a good flavor. Some of the options you can choose from are not included and you have to pay extra, Examples are the cooking broth and certain cheese fondue. Due to the prices, all options should be included in the price of the entrée. Made reservations for 8 p.m. Got there 10 minutes early and they made us wait until after 8 to be seated. I noticed there were open tables available when shown to our table. The wait staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the meal and will come back when I have another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We chose to have our anniversary dinner here because of the great service and food. Always a great dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for specials birthdaysMelbatoastDined on 8/8/2014We wanted a special 13th birthday memory for our daughter and her two friends and that's what we got! It was perfect and our waiter was so patient with the teenagers. Can't wait to go with my husband alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice evening outlfloydDined on 8/7/2014This is a wonderful dining experience, providing plenty of time to visit while dining. The only reason I didn't rate the food excellent this time was really because of the cooking broth we chose. My first visit I had the Moho (?) which I loved, and this time because one of us had the all steak meal we got the one with wine in it as suggested, but we didn't care for it as well. I will know better next time. I preferred the classic chocolate fondue over the turtle one I ordered on my first visit, simply because it wasn't so sweet. Making on-line reservations was convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience placeCheesyDined on 8/5/2014Alot of food for a PRICE. It was a fun experience, delicious food & romantic ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Karl & Verna Lou Reid, Violet ReidKNRVLRDined on 8/5/2014We were celebrating our 57th anniversary with our 13 year old granddaughter. We had a four course meal starting with a cheese fondue. We each had a different salad. We had two entrees with two kinds of beef, chicken, and pork. We finished with a milk chocolate fondue. All food was excellent. Our granddaughter has been to many restaurants in Connecticut, New York, France, etc. She said this was her most favorite restaurant of all. The restaurant was quiet with soft 50's music playing. Our server was very personable and did an outstanding job in setting up the courses. The supervisory staff was responsive. They made us feel very welcome.Special Features:
- Great, but...LordStarkDined on 8/2/2014The evening was awesome. Nice atmosphere, tasty cocktails, fondues. Be sure to try cheese and chocolate fondues. The only spoiler was the fact that we've discovered a hair in a chocolate fondue at the very end of the evening. Doh...Special Features:
- Mishap recoverySweetheartdinersDined on 8/2/2014We had a few food mishaps related to the temperature of our cooking style, but the staff was very quick to try and recover the incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceCharlesDined on 7/26/2014This was my wife and I's first time dining at The Melting Pot. Waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and very enthusiastic about the experience. Many staff members constantly checked on us asking for refills and other items. Will dine here again in the future.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner8wellDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our 13th anniversary at this location. This is our 3rd visit. My wife lives coming here due to the private booth and food/service is consistently good. They had an anniversary card signed by the staff presented to us. We appreciated that touch! I'm sure we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceNBofOlatheKSDined on 7/26/2014I have wanted to try the Melting Pot for some time as there is one right here in my hometown of Kansas City. I ended up trying the one in Tulsa for the first time ever. Our waitress was exceptional and helped us through all the choices and how everything worked! We had a two-year old with us and they made her feel welcome. Food was excellent. A very enjoyable, unique experience! We will come again! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful every single time.MikenDeaDined on 7/22/2014This place by far is one of the most consistent, and my favorite restaurant in Tulsa. The staff is always wonderful and attentive. They pay attention to the reservation and everyone working signed a happy birthday card for my wife, we went for our anniversary before and they did the same. The food is always outstanding, the spinach artichoke dip is so good it will ruin it everywhere else. it is a bit pricey and the 4 curse experience takes about 2 hours, however it is all very well worth it in the end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Had some great fondue and wine pairing as usual. We have been to this place several times and you really get a better expeirence if you can get a good sever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing :)Starfire351Dined on 7/19/2014We recently celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary at the Melting Pot on the Riverwalk in Tulsa. It was wonderful! The staff were friendly and made our experience happy and comfortable. They even had a hand made anniversary card signed by all the staff. :) And when our desert came out it was a thing of beauty. It is perfect for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, fun experiencequeenofdiningDined on 7/18/2014We had the 4-course experience, which I highly recommend. Everything was yummy, but the cheese in the beginning and chocolate at the end were my favorite parts. It was a really cool experience and a fun way to celebrate.Special Features:
- special occasion even bettertulsajjDined on 7/17/2014I was unsure of what to expect but was hoping for a fun and different experience. You more that exceeded my expectations. It is a lovely restaurant and all the staff are friendly, helpful and make you feel special. Our server was very helpful in showing us how to navigate the menu and make wise choices. Loved everything about the evening. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- differentbold123Dined on 7/12/2014Its, fondue, you either like it or you don't. It's fun for something different, but you go there for the experience not the food. To summarize, you will pay about $70 per person, to cook about $15 worth of food.... yourself. If that sounds like fun to you, then this restaurant is for you!Special Features:
- Worth the price for special eventstous2819Dined on 7/8/2014The Melting Pot offers something you cannot get anywhere else, which makes it worth the price. The meal is an experience, so be prepared to be there for 1.5-2.5 hours if you are getting the four-course menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite!TAutumn42Dined on 7/7/2014We go here for almost every special occasion and sometimes just because. Always with friends! FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and differentBillyMackDined on 7/2/2014A great place to do something different. Nice variety with the menu, wait staff was very helpful. Wine list is excellent, by the glass is what you would expect for a nice place like this.Special Features:
- Dining and entertainment all in onekpfoodieDined on 6/30/2014Try the four course - and don't be afraid to try the cheese and dessert specials. Loved the peached and cream dessert fondue. It was light and just perfect!Special Features:
- Anniversary Bliss!FonduequeenDined on 6/28/2014The Melting Pot is a wonderful place to bring your special spouse to celebrate your great years together! The lighting and seating creates a romantic mood that no other restaurant can! The food is amazing! Bring your pocketbook though! It can get pricey but completely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for fun, food and chatting.sarajo981Dined on 6/28/2014I love the Melting Pot! It has such a fun vibe and it encourages laughter and talking. I went with 3 friends after seeing a musical and it's a great special occasion place. The service is fantastic, the food amazing and enough to make you stuffed and happily uncomfortable on the drive home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Facilities Needed RepairMaguireDined on 6/22/2014I am going to overlook the fact our waitperson did not honor our Club Fondue request. I'll also overlook his habit of placing his thumb directly onto the plates as he was placing them sur la table and into our salads. But there are three things which need to be noted. One, the cheese fondue never reached proper temperature, so it was hardly melting. Two, the same can be said for the chocolate course. The chocolate only reached proper melting temperature as we were leaving. I'm not sure if it was due to the particular element or if it was the wait person's fault. But the main complaint? The women's restroom. The middle stall toilet was not working. There is nothing more unappetizing, unappealing or unhygienic than an unflushed pot.