The Melting Pot - Tulsa
300 Riverwalk Terrace
Tulsa, OK 74037Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Tulsa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tulsa/specials
- Phone: 9182998000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: TulsaMeltingPot@OKFondue.com 9182998000x
A word from The Melting Pot - Tulsa
At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends. From the time the first piece of bread is dipped and the last piece of dessert is savored, you’ll be graced with the time to discover new things about people you thought you knew. And, those you're getting to know. We are the premiere fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. It's up to you. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Whether you're celebrating romance, a birthday or anniversary - or just a night out we offer something truly unique.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Melting Pot - Tulsa - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
The Melting Pot - Tulsa reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (115)notable wine list (42)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (33)late-night find (14)scenic view (11)neighborhood gem (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Visit not good~reservations for 7pm, did not get seated until around 7:15. The service took forever & the place was not all that busy for a Saturday night. Our server did not get our cheese out until 7:45, after being seated at 7:15, she dropped the whole hot mustard jar in the fondue pot so she had to bring a whole new one out & start all over again. Cheese fondue was very bland. Took over 30 minutes after the cheese came out to get our actual entrée. Caesar salad was not good at all. Entrée & chocolate were good. Did take about 15 minutes after we finished dinner to get our chocolate also. Was surprised at amount of toddler children in such a nice restaurant, was quite noise with little kids in it. Feel like it is an overrated experienceSpecial Features:
- ExpensiveCouple2Dined on 10/15/2014We had a good time for our anniversary. We did the 4course fondue and picture and small bouquet of seasonal flowers. $134.00. The salad was the best item we liked. It was a $50 value in my opinion so we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great NightJustengagedDined on 10/13/2014Had a long romantic dinner. Just don't ever come here in a rush, because this is not a fast experience. Its great for sitting and spending time with someone or a group and hanging out.Special Features:
- redeemedBdhuffDined on 10/10/2014We had to wait 45 mibutes to be.seated with our reservation. We greatly appreciated the manager taking a deduction off of our check to make up for our wait. It was greatly appreciatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Melting Potsoccerchick3339Dined on 10/10/2014Even with a reservation, we had to wait for 30 minutes at 8 pm on a friday. The server was friendly, but busy with another table of 8. Food was good but not great. Recommend trying it once and definitely have the cheese and chocolate fondue.Special Features:
- amazing timedinertester101Dined on 10/5/2014my wife and I were in town and thought we would try something new and through the open table app I found the melting pot. So I thought I would surprise her and try it out. We both had an amazing experience. It was great food with an amazing waitress and all extremely romantic.best dinner date ever!I would recommend this to any couple looking for a romantic evening to just get awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoasyrDined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant great customer service, everybody is very professional and friendly. Food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful date spot!chocostrawberryDined on 10/4/2014i came here with my boyfriend looking for a nice dinner. We ended up getting so much more here though. The food was exquisite and the service was very attentive. Also the ambiance was nice and secluded so it felt like my bf and I were by ourselves. All around amazing was and I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent1satisfiedcustomerDined on 10/4/2014The food was excellent as well as the service. An experience to try a different way of cooking and enjoying food. We thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the company we were with. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the types of foods, wines and cooking broths the Melting Pot had to offer. We feel the 4 course meal was very affordable for the amount of food you get. The wines seem to be affordable. The manager came by out table and asked if we were satisfied with our waitress, food/drink. If there was anything she could do to make this experience better. We have no complaints whatsoever. We had a very relaxed evening. The restaurant was clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJessicaDined on 10/4/2014The food at the Melting Pot was delicious. However, I didn't know when I got there that I'd be cooking the food myself. They bring a platter of raw meat (whichever you order) to your table and you're responsible for putting it in the pot for the right amount of time to make sure it's cooked. I can do that at home! When I go out to eat, it means I'm not wanting to cook. Lol so that's something people should know before walking in. It's very expensive to have to cook your own food. The spinach artichoke cheese dip was INCREDIBLE and the chocolate was great too. As good as the entree was, my only complaint was having to cook it myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014My experience was great. I went with a friend as part of our "girls weekend" our server Tyler was excellent and we definitely plan to return!Special Features:
- Wonderful timeMamacatDined on 10/4/2014We took my son for his 27th birthday, myself and both his sisters. The food and service were fantastic. The waiter even stuck a candle in a marshmallow treat. It was one of the best family occasions we have had in a whileSpecial Features:
- great for date night!wesfjDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I love to come here for a date night without the kids. Food is great. Not too pricey! Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!thegirlsDined on 9/30/2014We were a group of 6 women. We had a BLAST! Great service, delicious food, and a Wonderful experience!Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Reservations at 8:45, seated at 9:05, received drink about 9:15, order taken at 9:45 after asking a server who wasn't ours. Swiss cheese fondue was just terrible, exchanged for cheddar fondue, better but only because of bacon. Entre was ok. Manager comped meal or it would have been worst dinning experience ever.Special Features:
- Fun Girls NightFoodiegirl85Dined on 9/23/2014My daughter and I went to The Melting Pot before going to a concert together. Everything was wonderful and my daughter loved her first Melting Pot experience. Our server Tabitha was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue FairytaleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014I took my daughter for the Fondue Fairytale, princess-themed luncheon. It was a great, great time. The food was excellent, the staff was superb, and everyone who attended truly had a memorable time.Special Features:
- Over all very good!!lovethisexperienceDined on 9/20/2014I love this restaurant, wish it wasn't so expensive so I could come more often. It's fun and different and enjoyable!!! The wait staff were great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterNoGo2Dined on 9/20/2014We somewhat enjoyed The Melting Pot but table next to us was VERY LOUD and waiter who we shared didn't do anything about it. It made our experience unpleasant. We were there for our wedding anniversary and it wasn't romantic because of that. The person who brought our cooking styles to the table (not our waiter) said the names of the styles wrong but knowing what they were to be we figured out the mistake and adjusted. I had drinks and food spilled on me from wait staff. Over all I would say this time at the Melting Pot we did not get our money's worth and if could redo would have made a romantic fondue dinner at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasions!ManicMelodyDined on 9/18/2014We went to the Melting Pot for my birthday, and it was a great experience! I really loved the food, the wine, and our waitress. There was a rather large party having dinner while we were there, and many servers were divided amongst the small tables and that large party, so at one point we waited a VERY long time for our entrees while the bouillon simmered on the table for at least 20 minutes. Other than that, our waitress was prompt and helpful in explaining the menu for our first visit to this restaurant. Overall, I was quite pleased with our visit.Special Features:
- Grouponnotsothrilled14Dined on 9/17/2014I felt like with the wait staff knowing I was using a Groupon that I would not tip. He never checked on us to see if we needed refills. The portions were noticeably small. It was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- DocandwifeDocandwifeDined on 9/17/2014We enjoyed the experience, and the appetizer and dessert were both amazing. However, we weren't knocked out by the entree because we basically deep fried our food - and my husband wasn't really impressed with deep fried lobster. I had the steak lovers and there just wasn't a lot of flavor on the meat, and I wasn't really impressed with their sauces. Perhaps we should have chosen a better base in which to cook our food.Special Features:
- DisappointedMomof2Dined on 9/14/2014I'm disappointed because we went to the Melting Pot for my Daugher's birthday, well I had called the restraunt the day of our reservation and had requested balloons (which was an option), well we get there and no balloons so I reminded the Manager and he said yes they would get them well by the time I paid for our check there were still NO balloons, although the food was great, our waiter was great, I'm very disappointed that they didn't make it a special event for her birthday (especially after reminding them twice), also it took about 15 mins after our reservation time to seat us and also when you buy a groupon they were suppose to give you a coupon for your next visit, well I also never received that. Not too pleased.Special Features:
- Melting Pot-2014-09CwpampDined on 9/13/2014Great service. Waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. Had the "restaurant week special", upgraded to different style.. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Great foods, okay service, mehMadhatsDined on 9/13/2014I enjoyed my food and my girlfriend did as well. The waiter as a person was great and gave me a great glass of wine. When I made the reservation, it was asked if I would like anything to make the dinner better. I put that it was my girlfriend's birthday and I would like something Dr. Who there as a surprise. Nothing was added but the waiter did wish her a happy birthday. That was very lackluster. Really annoyed that it happened like it did.Special Features:
- always a treat!hilla913Dined on 9/13/2014the "secret" house-made Snickers chocolate is the best we've had so far...try it!Special Features:
- Great Way to CelebrateNiclovesfoodDined on 9/12/2014We ate here for my husband's birthday and my friend's engagement celebration. The food was fantastic! We particularly enjoyed dessert. Our server was sweet, attentive and made it a wonderful experience. We are looking forward to going again, even if it is just for dessert. I highly recommend the s'more chocolate or the turtle chocolate. We couldn't decide which we liked more.Special Features:
- Great evening outbunnygirlDined on 9/11/2014We went to The Melting Pot for Restaurant Week, and also on our daughter-in-law's recommendation. It was one of the best dining experiences I've had! The server was great, the fondue was wonderful. We've made fondue at home, but always used oil. It was helpful to see other ways it can be made. Courses were well-timed. It's expensive, but worth it.Special Features:
- Awesome place - perfectDeborahDined on 9/9/2014Great place, great food & great service. They always go above & beyond to make your dining a special experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true "dining experience"Krf626Dined on 9/8/2014Set a reservation for 715. Arrived promptly and was advised it would be just a bit. We're say at 730 and greeted about 10 minutes later. This seemed long and our waitress explained they were a bit understaffed. However she was able to answer every question, make great recommendations, and was very competent in the process of making each fondue. She apologized several times about the wait and was very grateful for our patience. For us having to spend 2 1/2 hours eating, somehow she was able to keep us very happy and complaint free. She was so positive and energetic we could tell she was working very hard to please many people. The food was amazing and as our first experience I would definitely reccomend it to couples to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiter was not very accomodating.disappointingDined on 9/5/2014We were celebrating a special birthday in our and the waiter just seemed to want to make things confusing and not want to accommodate our reasonable request. The waiter had a personality that just did not seem fitting for this type of position. It made us uncomfortable and took away from the experience. When your paying that much for a meal and celebrating a special occasion as we were, it really was disappointing! We have dined several times, and always had a pleasant experience, but we certainly did not have that on 9/5/2014. If we return, we will start requesting waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Value was lackingBAFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Even with 60% off, our meal was still $83 for two people! When I made the reservation I bought the picture in the frame for $5 and someone came by and took a picture with her phone, which was very dark, and put it in a cheap cardboard frame. Very disappointing! This is one of those places I had been wanting to try but it was too expensive, so with the Groupon decided to give it a try. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Amazing experienceshealovesDined on 8/29/2014I've been to the Melting Pot several times, but this occasion was my boyfriend and his parents' first time. It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday. The staff had balloons waiting at the table for us, along with a card signed by all the staff. Our server, Rose, was amazing and funny. She made the experience even better for us. The food was amazing, as it always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!!LaurenDined on 8/23/2014I know a lot of people who go to the Melting Pot just to eat the cheese and dessert. Their meat selection is actually the reason to go! It is extremely tender and the cooking style keeps it juicy! Very fun date or romantic evening! Fun for groups to come get dessert as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B day celebration!Silvertabby82Dined on 8/23/2014We celebrated three birthdays of all ages ( two at 18 and one at 32). The staff was wonderful and made us all feel special! We especially enjoyed the cheese fondu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next time, only for dessert...theanswerischocolateDined on 8/22/2014The food was great and the ambiance was nice (other than a little noisy) but the service was not up to their usual standard. This was our 3rd visit to this location and we were celebrating 2 birthdays with another couple who had never dined there before. Unfortunately, we were very dissatisfied with our server. She'd leave us for very long periods of time between courses (20-40 min) without even coming back to see if we needed anything, ask how we were doing or to refill our empty glasses. It took 3 hrs and 15 min to eat dinner and we were just ready to leave before we even got to the dessert course. We flagged down another server for our ticket and apologized to our guests for the poor service and for getting out of there so late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightokeegirlDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I used a Groupon here for our date night. It was great food, wonderful service, and a romantic atmosphere. We loved it.Special Features:
- Mrs. Michael Franks4FranksGirlsDined on 8/16/2014This dinner was a treat for my 3 teenage daughters. It was their most memorable dining experience ever! The loved it and asked if we could make it a tradition for a shopping weekend. Plan to spend a fabulous couple of hours there. However, the time flies by because you are entertained by the meal. We absolutely loved it!!!Special Features:
- nurskdgDined on 8/15/2014Love this restaurant for special occasions. It is very pricey compared to other restaurants but everything was wonderful and had a good flavor. Some of the options you can choose from are not included and you have to pay extra, Examples are the cooking broth and certain cheese fondue. Due to the prices, all options should be included in the price of the entrée. Made reservations for 8 p.m. Got there 10 minutes early and they made us wait until after 8 to be seated. I noticed there were open tables available when shown to our table. The wait staff was very friendly. Enjoyed the meal and will come back when I have another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We chose to have our anniversary dinner here because of the great service and food. Always a great dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.