The Melting Pot - Tucson
7395 N. La Cholla Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85741Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tucson/specials
- Phone: 5205756358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday : 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has private rooms for groups of 10-54 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Croft, email@example.com 5205756358x
A word from The Melting Pot - Tucson
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is a unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (52)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (16)late-night find (12)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Wish the tables were off set the others. Or highbacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The young lgreatat served us was Nicole. She did a wonderful job. She explained everything to us, was friendly, and on top of things. This was a fun date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great time enjoyed the food. It was very nice experience and romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sets the moodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Great spot for our ten year anniversary! The only recommendation I would make to the staff is to let the customers enjoy the evening with minimal interruptions. I'm glad the staff was attentive but every time my husband and I started a conversation, a staff member would interrupt asking if we were ok. It became quite annoying. Otherwise, all courses were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!LandSDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time going to the melting pot in Tucson. The entire experience was wonderful. Our waitress was very patient and helpful in assisting is with finding what we wanted to order. The atmosphere, the food, everything was great! Thank you for an amazing dining experience, we will most definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeMPNUBEEDined on 10/9/2014Fantastic. Only negative comment would be that after going thru the whole meal series - by dessert, the booth was a bit warm and humid. Understandable, given the method of food prep - maybe kick up the ventilation some?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my ThingKennethDined on 10/4/2014The quality of the food was top notch but the cooking technique is not really for me. You basically boil all your meats in flavored broths. This works fine for some meats but fillet? Top Sirloin? Not so much. its also very dark and difficult to see if your meat has been properly cooked all the way through. Ok for beef but not so good for pork and chicken.Special Features:
- Checked our reopening1RoyDined on 9/27/2014We're excited to revisit/dine at one of our fav places. Newly reopened, with new owners & remodeled. Not much noticeably changed. New upholstery/carpet, same layout/tables. Some menu items gone, some new ones. We had the same polite waitstaff. Had cheese & chocolate, always good flavor combinations. Protions seem smaller & broccoli was spoiled. Mgr visited table, clothes ill fitting but pleasant man. Over heard some staff cleaning, complaining to each other about way waitstaff do things. Baby crying at next table little annoying. Not a good place/dining experience for baby's or little ones. Overall still loved going, always recommend the cheese/chocolate. Will soon try "sip&dip" (new happy hour).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for conversationMartiansNeedLoveTooDined on 9/26/2014It's a nice restaurant to take a spouse or a date since there's plenty of time to talk and socialize between waiting for morsels to eat. It seems like more work than usual to get enough to eat, but by the time you're done with a 4-course meal, you're definitely full. It's fun and out of the norm too, so it's nice for special occasions.Special Features:
- great way to spend an eveningBillandGailDined on 9/21/2014Good food, fresh and well seasoned. Nice cheese fondue, very tasty and the chocolate smore fondue for desert is perfect. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceJosh87Dined on 9/13/2014I've gone to the Melting Pot several times and this was one of the best times ever. The food was amazing, staff every friendly and always smiling. Private and romantic dining. Beautiful event packages!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Our waiter, Edward, was very friendly and helpful. I would definetly be going back to the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendly. .lizzieDined on 9/8/2014I recently ate at the melting pot. It was not kid friendly. I'd suggest more options for picky eaters. The kids meal was just meat. Most kids eat chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, pizza. . Etc. I'd probably do without the meat as there was no pasta just dipping sauce. I think next time I would do the veggies and the bread along with the salad and than dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful experience celebrating my 18th birthday with 12 of my buddies. Great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodstnoeth123Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our anniversary dinner, had a very nice dinner. The staff is fantastic and the food was superb. We went all out with the lobster and such. We tried the house fondue broth, it and to the flavor of everything we enjoyed at dinner. Just give yourself enough time as this is NOT FAST FOOD> Just Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHussainDined on 9/5/2014This our first time experience in The Melting Pot. I took my wife, sister, and 2 kids. We all have a nice warm family gathering. We enjoy the food, and the way we make the food. the place is very clean. staff very very very nice. Michelle took care of us and she was so nice. Also the one of the manager, Mr. John, has stopped by our table and welcome us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Sadly, I had not had a bad experience at the Melting Pot until this visit. The new management has some work to do.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot hits the spotSupers7angDined on 7/31/2014Weither it's fine wine or fondue. The Melting Pot is the place for you. A Romantic place with privacy for you and your loved one. With many wines and fondues to choose from. You also get to choose dinner dishes that you cook yourself. The service was great and the experience was even better. We will definitely be back. It is totally worth the money if you have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't changed in yearsGolfingcookerDined on 7/30/2014Have dined at 3 or 4 Melting Pots over the years. This last experience was about the same as 5 years ago -- not much on "value." Not that it's too expensive, It's just small portions at upper moderate prices -- double order to have a meal. A $5 salad has 2 Tbls lettace. It's fun -- but Fondue pretty easy to make at home though. OK wine list. The Chocolate is excellent. I just didnt see the value then, and I dont see the value now. Service was fine. Wine list OK. Nothing special. Ended up on Wednesday -- which was "ladies night 2 for 1" -- I guess a way to finally deliver value -- 2 fo 1. The place was a "Zoo" with 20 and 30 something females yelling over each other -- watch out for special nights if you want a nice dinner.
- Always Above AverageGunslinger37Dined on 7/16/2014We have visited the Melting Pot in several cities and have found them to be always good, consistent quality and service at each location. A great place to bring friends and family for special occasions, like birthdays or anniversary.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerSGreviewsDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was exceptional, the tables seemed very close to each other, not much privacy, but overall a great experience. Lot's of food!Special Features:
- Party of TwoPartyOfDeuceDined on 7/3/2014Great dining experience for anniversaries, and special occasions. I highly recommend this restaurant for couples seeking a private dinner to spend quality time together with their significant other. Not for first dates; somewhat spendy for someone that may fit the shoes of a significant other. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I went here for my anniversary and it was very intimate and fun! They even gave us chocholaye covered strawberries on a plate with "happy anniversary" written in chocolate. I would recommend the melting pot for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funWJAWDined on 6/25/2014If you enjoy bread & cheese and cooking your own expensive food in a bubbling pot, this is for you! :) I've loved The Melting Pot for years, and this experience was no exception. Highly recommended for a special and/or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsmarriedcoupleDined on 6/21/2014I had my one year anniversary here, and if doesn't seem like a lot of food for the prices they have, but its worth the experience, it was quite, romantic, they had a couples table with a curtain, so the privacy was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 285 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews archive.
- Great experience!GreatfunDined on 6/21/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The experience was interactive and really fun and the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningluvfonduDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I celebrated with an anniversary diner and it was excellent. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, I loved the ambiance, the private tables. The whole experience was amazing. This is the second year in a row we have celebrated our anniversary at The Melting Pot. Everything was outstanding right down to the people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodcritic79VIPDined on 5/21/2014I loved how they treated us our waiter was fun courteous and seemed like he loved working there wish more restraunts people who work in customer service was like this .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories of the 70sLindyDined on 5/21/2014We met over a fondue pot when fondue was a fad in the 70s. So to celebrate a special birthday, the Melting Pot was the perfect venue. The portions are very generous, so our hostess suggested that we share a main course, and it was perfect! Lots of memories, and a delicious meal! we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodAnniversaryDined on 5/16/2014It was very good. We enjoy it on special occasions. The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExplainChinesegingerDined on 5/14/2014First time and it wasn't really explained . I had no idea what to expect and disliked the prep for food because I expected something else entirely.Special Features:
- YumNzwoolridgeAZDined on 5/12/2014Always a good choice, always good food. Our table top cooking contraption didn't work very well, however--I think we should have been movedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't know what happened.TSMhiaDined on 5/11/2014My 10 year old daughter decided to celebrate Mother's day at her favorite restaurant. It all started wonderful until the last course. The server disappeared for a long while. What appeared to be the manager (because he never introduced himself) picked up all the plates from the main course and asked which type of Chocolate fondue we had selected to put the order in absence of the server. 25 minutes later the server arrived.We did not enjoyed it due to the long wait. Finally I paid the $127.00 and had to remind the server about the box of chocolate covered strawberries for my wife. At no point did anyone apologized for keeping us waiting. This was our third and possibly the last time. The price paid was not worth the experience.Special Features:
- Loved itSofabayDined on 5/11/2014The Melting pot is not just about the food it's about the experience. It's fun, entertaining & tasty. It's not an everyday restaurant as it can be pricey, but always worth it. I always love going to the Melting Pot. It's yummy & fun :o) It's one of those places you have to take someone so that they can experience it. I highly recommend that you go, it's soooooo worth it.Special Features:
- Love the Melting PotLuv2EatDined on 5/11/2014This is our "go to" place for an excellent meal! We enjoy all the choices although the 4 course choice is a bit much food.Special Features:
- A Special DinnerPaladinDined on 5/9/2014Service was very good. Efficient without haste. Food was very good. A true dinning experience not just a meal. Will certainly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great for those special dates!JenniferDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I tried the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. What a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining with privacyScottsAnniversaryDined on 5/2/2014If you're looking for a romantic getaway for a special occasion, this is the perfect place. We had a private curtained booth. Staff knocked before they came in and were careful to be not disrupt the conversation and intimacy. Food was great and was brought out at a comfortable pace. The chocolate la ronge fondue was Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014The server did an excellent job. Our drinks were continually filled. He did a good job making our cheese. Our meal was taken care of in an timely manner. The manager of the night was friendly and did a good job at making us feel important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutmeltingpotloverDined on 4/30/2014I came with a group of 6 ladies for the "Girls Night Out". Half of the group had never dined at The Melting Pot. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the fondue experience! The food was fresh and well presented. The wait staff was attentive, responsive and made us feel as though we could spend the entire night there if we chose. It was quiet enough that our conversation was not interrupted and the mini massages, manicures, etc. made the evening something special. The Melting Pot is my "go to" place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.