The Melting Pot - Tucson
7395 N. La Cholla Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85741Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tucson/specials
- Phone: 5205756358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday : 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has private rooms for groups of 10-54 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Croft, firstname.lastname@example.org 5205756358x
A word from The Melting Pot - Tucson
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is a unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)romantic (31)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Our waiter, Edward, was very friendly and helpful. I would definetly be going back to the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendly. .lizzieDined on 9/8/2014I recently ate at the melting pot. It was not kid friendly. I'd suggest more options for picky eaters. The kids meal was just meat. Most kids eat chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, pizza. . Etc. I'd probably do without the meat as there was no pasta just dipping sauce. I think next time I would do the veggies and the bread along with the salad and than dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful experience celebrating my 18th birthday with 12 of my buddies. Great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodstnoeth123Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our anniversary dinner, had a very nice dinner. The staff is fantastic and the food was superb. We went all out with the lobster and such. We tried the house fondue broth, it and to the flavor of everything we enjoyed at dinner. Just give yourself enough time as this is NOT FAST FOOD> Just Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHussainDined on 9/5/2014This our first time experience in The Melting Pot. I took my wife, sister, and 2 kids. We all have a nice warm family gathering. We enjoy the food, and the way we make the food. the place is very clean. staff very very very nice. Michelle took care of us and she was so nice. Also the one of the manager, Mr. John, has stopped by our table and welcome us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Sadly, I had not had a bad experience at the Melting Pot until this visit. The new management has some work to do.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot hits the spotSupers7angDined on 7/31/2014Weither it's fine wine or fondue. The Melting Pot is the place for you. A Romantic place with privacy for you and your loved one. With many wines and fondues to choose from. You also get to choose dinner dishes that you cook yourself. The service was great and the experience was even better. We will definitely be back. It is totally worth the money if you have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't changed in yearsGolfingcookerDined on 7/30/2014Have dined at 3 or 4 Melting Pots over the years. This last experience was about the same as 5 years ago -- not much on "value." Not that it's too expensive, It's just small portions at upper moderate prices -- double order to have a meal. A $5 salad has 2 Tbls lettace. It's fun -- but Fondue pretty easy to make at home though. OK wine list. The Chocolate is excellent. I just didnt see the value then, and I dont see the value now. Service was fine. Wine list OK. Nothing special. Ended up on Wednesday -- which was "ladies night 2 for 1" -- I guess a way to finally deliver value -- 2 fo 1. The place was a "Zoo" with 20 and 30 something females yelling over each other -- watch out for special nights if you want a nice dinner.
- Always Above AverageGunslinger37Dined on 7/16/2014We have visited the Melting Pot in several cities and have found them to be always good, consistent quality and service at each location. A great place to bring friends and family for special occasions, like birthdays or anniversary.Special Features:
- Party of TwoPartyOfDeuceDined on 7/3/2014Great dining experience for anniversaries, and special occasions. I highly recommend this restaurant for couples seeking a private dinner to spend quality time together with their significant other. Not for first dates; somewhat spendy for someone that may fit the shoes of a significant other. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I went here for my anniversary and it was very intimate and fun! They even gave us chocholaye covered strawberries on a plate with "happy anniversary" written in chocolate. I would recommend the melting pot for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funWJAWDined on 6/25/2014If you enjoy bread & cheese and cooking your own expensive food in a bubbling pot, this is for you! :) I've loved The Melting Pot for years, and this experience was no exception. Highly recommended for a special and/or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsmarriedcoupleDined on 6/21/2014I had my one year anniversary here, and if doesn't seem like a lot of food for the prices they have, but its worth the experience, it was quite, romantic, they had a couples table with a curtain, so the privacy was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!GreatfunDined on 6/21/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The experience was interactive and really fun and the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningluvfonduDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I celebrated with an anniversary diner and it was excellent. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, I loved the ambiance, the private tables. The whole experience was amazing. This is the second year in a row we have celebrated our anniversary at The Melting Pot. Everything was outstanding right down to the people who work there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodcritic79VIPDined on 5/21/2014I loved how they treated us our waiter was fun courteous and seemed like he loved working there wish more restraunts people who work in customer service was like this .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memories of the 70sLindyDined on 5/21/2014We met over a fondue pot when fondue was a fad in the 70s. So to celebrate a special birthday, the Melting Pot was the perfect venue. The portions are very generous, so our hostess suggested that we share a main course, and it was perfect! Lots of memories, and a delicious meal! we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodAnniversaryDined on 5/16/2014It was very good. We enjoy it on special occasions. The food was excellent as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews archive.
- ExplainChinesegingerDined on 5/14/2014First time and it wasn't really explained . I had no idea what to expect and disliked the prep for food because I expected something else entirely.Special Features:
- YumNzwoolridgeAZDined on 5/12/2014Always a good choice, always good food. Our table top cooking contraption didn't work very well, however--I think we should have been movedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't know what happened.TSMhiaDined on 5/11/2014My 10 year old daughter decided to celebrate Mother's day at her favorite restaurant. It all started wonderful until the last course. The server disappeared for a long while. What appeared to be the manager (because he never introduced himself) picked up all the plates from the main course and asked which type of Chocolate fondue we had selected to put the order in absence of the server. 25 minutes later the server arrived.We did not enjoyed it due to the long wait. Finally I paid the $127.00 and had to remind the server about the box of chocolate covered strawberries for my wife. At no point did anyone apologized for keeping us waiting. This was our third and possibly the last time. The price paid was not worth the experience.Special Features:
- Loved itSofabayDined on 5/11/2014The Melting pot is not just about the food it's about the experience. It's fun, entertaining & tasty. It's not an everyday restaurant as it can be pricey, but always worth it. I always love going to the Melting Pot. It's yummy & fun :o) It's one of those places you have to take someone so that they can experience it. I highly recommend that you go, it's soooooo worth it.Special Features:
- Love the Melting PotLuv2EatDined on 5/11/2014This is our "go to" place for an excellent meal! We enjoy all the choices although the 4 course choice is a bit much food.Special Features:
- A Special DinnerPaladinDined on 5/9/2014Service was very good. Efficient without haste. Food was very good. A true dinning experience not just a meal. Will certainly recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Great for those special dates!JenniferDined on 5/2/2014My husband and I tried the Melting Pot to celebrate our anniversary. What a great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining with privacyScottsAnniversaryDined on 5/2/2014If you're looking for a romantic getaway for a special occasion, this is the perfect place. We had a private curtained booth. Staff knocked before they came in and were careful to be not disrupt the conversation and intimacy. Food was great and was brought out at a comfortable pace. The chocolate la ronge fondue was Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014The server did an excellent job. Our drinks were continually filled. He did a good job making our cheese. Our meal was taken care of in an timely manner. The manager of the night was friendly and did a good job at making us feel important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutmeltingpotloverDined on 4/30/2014I came with a group of 6 ladies for the "Girls Night Out". Half of the group had never dined at The Melting Pot. All of us thoroughly enjoyed the fondue experience! The food was fresh and well presented. The wait staff was attentive, responsive and made us feel as though we could spend the entire night there if we chose. It was quiet enough that our conversation was not interrupted and the mini massages, manicures, etc. made the evening something special. The Melting Pot is my "go to" place for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeHotCheadleDined on 4/26/2014Great place!!! Food was awesome and service was good aswell. My only concern was that I made a reservation online but when I got there I still had to wait 20 mins for a table. #TucsonHotSpot #HotCheadle #WinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eastersingleMomDined on 4/20/2014was nice that kids ate free (my meal was set at $40), although I was charged for his drink, I was also disappointed that I could not get just plain cheese fondue as apposed to the 2 that were on the menu, witch was silly I got the raspberry cheddar instead of just cheddar they wouldn't "not" put it in. turns out i didnt like it, so that was a waste they should have left it plain! they did have the Easter bunny handing out 1 egg per kid and they had free facepainting that was also nice :) however they did not do the adult raffle like they advertised (that was one of the reasons i even went) and I had to ask for my mimosa that was to come with the meal, I was given water but never asked what id like to drink, or my son. Disappointing Easter
- Easter BrunchBets123Dined on 4/20/2014We went to the Easter Brunch, which was marketed toward families -- the Easter Bunny was there and there was face painting available. The food was great (the kids loved it) but because it was marketed toward families, we assumed it would be more family-friendly. We were there over 2.5 hours, mainly waiting for our server to bring the next course. Since with fondue, the prep isn't very complicated, I'm not sure why there was such a lag where we never even saw our server...we couldn't ask for drink refills, extra dipping sauces, anything. So for that, we were disappointed.
- AS ALWAYSPIRATEDined on 4/12/2014While pricey, the experience here was very pleasant. The server was pleasant and attentive to our needs. The food was exceptional and the fondue experience is always an occasion to look forward to. Relaxed atmosphere, good conversation and while you don't feel alone, you do feel private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatReviewerDined on 4/5/2014Food was awesome. Service was awesome. Price was awesome. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Our server (William) was great! The good was great. I also proposed there the staff and manager made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family celebrationBomontDined on 3/30/2014We love going to melting pot to celebrate things as a family. It was a kids eat free night and my kids lived the chance to order their own cheese, entree, and dessert courses. Excellent service kept things moving so the kids were never bored. Great food as usual, and a special night out for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love going to The MeltingCarrieDined on 3/28/2014I love going to The Melting Pot. I've been going there for 5 years and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday9reddogDined on 3/23/2014The menu has changed since the last time we where there, for the better. We had the 4 course, and we both could choose what we liked. The amount of food was just right, and the quality was top notch. The service was outstanding, our waiter Philip was there at just the right time to start the next course, not to soon, and not o late. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightLoriDined on 3/21/2014As always, The Melting Pot was a great night of food and fun! We were there for dessert - super yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my 10 year old andMyDiningExp101Dined on 3/21/2014I took my 10 year old and her friends for an after dinner chocolate fondue experience and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!JammersDined on 3/21/2014Had an AMAZING anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot. Yummy food, great service and so much fun! Definitely one of our favorite places to celebrate special events. They also offer a great military discount and when we had trouble with a coupon the manager came to our table and worked it out for us. AWESOME SERVICE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.