The Melting Pot - Tucson
7395 N. La Cholla Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85741Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $30 and under
The Melting Pot - Tucson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tucson/specials
- Phone: (520) 575-6358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday : 4:30PM - 11:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Melting Pot has private rooms for groups of 10-54 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Croft, firstname.lastname@example.org 5205756358x
A word from The Melting Pot - Tucson
The Melting Pot is the premier fondue restaurant. Enjoy four courses of fondue, fine wine, and fun with your friends, family and colleagues. Savory cheese fondues, entrees cooked tableside that include filet mignon, lobster, and ahi just to name a few, and decadent chocolate fondue for dessert all melt into a unique dining experience. The Melting Pot has several creative martinis and a selection of fine wines to enhance your dining experience. Intimate booths for two or private rooms for 10+ are available nightly. The Melting Pot is the perfect destination for any special occasion. Whether you are celebrating a graduation, anniversary, birthday, or holiday party, a fondue dining experience is a unique way to create memories with your party. Reservations recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Melting Pot - Tucson - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (70)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (29)good for groups (22)late-night find (16)notable wine list (15)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The Melting Pot was perfect for my anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My boyfriend and I had never been here before but everything was explained, and it was a bit pricey but well worth it. Set aside a lot of time for this, we spent 2.5 hours and were sooo full afterwards! They even gave us a plate that said happy anniversary for our dessert, how sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014The service and atmosphere was good. However, the food was just ok and not worth the price. What you pay for is just the experience of the fondue cooking at your table. Our meat pieces took a lot longer to cook than the waiter told us it would take. So, make sure your meat is cooked all the way through before eating it.
- It's was so great :)Calisnail1Dined on 11/7/2014Everything was great the only thing we got the romance package and the tables where really small also the people next to us where loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!!luvfoodDined on 11/2/2014Would definitely recommend for any special occasion. The food was great and the four course experience was worth it. We were there for over two hours and the staff were really friendly. Delicious food and a really neat experience!! Will be back again.Special Features:
- FoodpdineDined on 11/2/2014Disliked the Fondue experience. Appetizers OK but not the meat. Cooking steak using a Fondue tasted horrible! Nice restaurant and great service.Special Features:
- Truly an experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Celebrating a birthday at The Melting Pot was the highlight of the day. From the greeter to the server, the staff were polite and accommodating. The Manager, David, stopped by to check on our experience. Though we were asked first, staff stopping by to take a picture for their Facebook page was a slight damper. Other than that, the 3hr & 20 min experience was delightful.Special Features:
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014The food was great, the service was excellent. Our server was very attentive and very happy. I really enjoyed my dinner at The Melting Pot. I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants to look for a place for a special occasion. Excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPolarbearDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed the wonderful food and the wines that complimented each course. We felt we had very nice portions and actually got a doggy box. We will be back and will check out other locations as we travel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousLuv2eatoutDined on 10/22/2014We had the 2 course meal, salad and entree. I had the harvest special salad and it was very good the dressing was a apple vinaigrette. We had steak and shrimp both were yummy. The vegetables were broccoli, mushrooms and potatoes. The potatoes took to long to cook. The two batter choices were awesome one was a tempura and the other was sesame oatmeal type. For dessert we had the white chocolate creme brûlée and it was to die foSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAlexisDined on 10/20/2014Our meal was delicious. We had great service and our waiter was extremely friendly and talkative. He made great recommendations to us and helped us to have the best meal. We were celebrating our anniversary and we will be coming back to this restaurant many more times in the future.Special Features:
- Love itanniversaryguyDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have gone to the Melting Pot for two of our four anniversaries. It really is a great place to eat. It's a bit on the pricey side, but you get a surprising amount of food that is all amazing quality. The service has been great both times with the waiters answering questions and treating us amiably and respectfully. They showed up at the right times to refill drinks but weren't obtrusive in doing so. I would highly recommend the four course experience. The cheese course was hit or miss for us but that's our fault as we tried something we weren't sure about. The salads are great, the entrees phenomenal and the dessert course will put you in a happy food coma. The wine/beer menu is quite varied. All in all a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay but not really worth the pricetgmmkmDined on 10/17/2014Had a resevation and were seated fairly quickly, but after that while the server was very nice, it took over 20 minutes just to get our salad. They were not even very busy. Food was tasty but overpced for wat you got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Wish the tables were off set the others. Or highbacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The young lgreatat served us was Nicole. She did a wonderful job. She explained everything to us, was friendly, and on top of things. This was a fun date night for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary date nightaztouristDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I always enjoy the Melting Pot. The food is excellent, and the service is terrific! It's a wonderful place to go for a special occasion, and they do a great job making it special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great time enjoyed the food. It was very nice experience and romantic experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night Outahoff13Dined on 10/16/2014We had amazing service and will be back! Thank you for making it such an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sets the moodgandjmontDined on 10/16/2014Great spot for our ten year anniversary! The only recommendation I would make to the staff is to let the customers enjoy the evening with minimal interruptions. I'm glad the staff was attentive but every time my husband and I started a conversation, a staff member would interrupt asking if we were ok. It became quite annoying. Otherwise, all courses were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!LandSDined on 10/11/2014This was our first time going to the melting pot in Tucson. The entire experience was wonderful. Our waitress was very patient and helpful in assisting is with finding what we wanted to order. The atmosphere, the food, everything was great! Thank you for an amazing dining experience, we will most definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeMPNUBEEDined on 10/9/2014Fantastic. Only negative comment would be that after going thru the whole meal series - by dessert, the booth was a bit warm and humid. Understandable, given the method of food prep - maybe kick up the ventilation some?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my ThingKennethDined on 10/4/2014The quality of the food was top notch but the cooking technique is not really for me. You basically boil all your meats in flavored broths. This works fine for some meats but fillet? Top Sirloin? Not so much. its also very dark and difficult to see if your meat has been properly cooked all the way through. Ok for beef but not so good for pork and chicken.Special Features:
- Checked our reopening1RoyDined on 9/27/2014We're excited to revisit/dine at one of our fav places. Newly reopened, with new owners & remodeled. Not much noticeably changed. New upholstery/carpet, same layout/tables. Some menu items gone, some new ones. We had the same polite waitstaff. Had cheese & chocolate, always good flavor combinations. Protions seem smaller & broccoli was spoiled. Mgr visited table, clothes ill fitting but pleasant man. Over heard some staff cleaning, complaining to each other about way waitstaff do things. Baby crying at next table little annoying. Not a good place/dining experience for baby's or little ones. Overall still loved going, always recommend the cheese/chocolate. Will soon try "sip&dip" (new happy hour).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for conversationMartiansNeedLoveTooDined on 9/26/2014It's a nice restaurant to take a spouse or a date since there's plenty of time to talk and socialize between waiting for morsels to eat. It seems like more work than usual to get enough to eat, but by the time you're done with a 4-course meal, you're definitely full. It's fun and out of the norm too, so it's nice for special occasions.Special Features:
- great way to spend an eveningBillandGailDined on 9/21/2014Good food, fresh and well seasoned. Nice cheese fondue, very tasty and the chocolate smore fondue for desert is perfect. One of our favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining ExperienceJosh87Dined on 9/13/2014I've gone to the Melting Pot several times and this was one of the best times ever. The food was amazing, staff every friendly and always smiling. Private and romantic dining. Beautiful event packages!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Our waiter, Edward, was very friendly and helpful. I would definetly be going back to the Melting Pot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not kid friendly. .lizzieDined on 9/8/2014I recently ate at the melting pot. It was not kid friendly. I'd suggest more options for picky eaters. The kids meal was just meat. Most kids eat chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, pizza. . Etc. I'd probably do without the meat as there was no pasta just dipping sauce. I think next time I would do the veggies and the bread along with the salad and than dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wonderful experience celebrating my 18th birthday with 12 of my buddies. Great food, atmosphere, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodstnoeth123Dined on 9/6/2014We went for our anniversary dinner, had a very nice dinner. The staff is fantastic and the food was superb. We went all out with the lobster and such. We tried the house fondue broth, it and to the flavor of everything we enjoyed at dinner. Just give yourself enough time as this is NOT FAST FOOD> Just Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHussainDined on 9/5/2014This our first time experience in The Melting Pot. I took my wife, sister, and 2 kids. We all have a nice warm family gathering. We enjoy the food, and the way we make the food. the place is very clean. staff very very very nice. Michelle took care of us and she was so nice. Also the one of the manager, Mr. John, has stopped by our table and welcome us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Sadly, I had not had a bad experience at the Melting Pot until this visit. The new management has some work to do.Special Features:
- The Melting Pot hits the spotSupers7angDined on 7/31/2014Weither it's fine wine or fondue. The Melting Pot is the place for you. A Romantic place with privacy for you and your loved one. With many wines and fondues to choose from. You also get to choose dinner dishes that you cook yourself. The service was great and the experience was even better. We will definitely be back. It is totally worth the money if you have it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't changed in yearsGolfingcookerDined on 7/30/2014Have dined at 3 or 4 Melting Pots over the years. This last experience was about the same as 5 years ago -- not much on "value." Not that it's too expensive, It's just small portions at upper moderate prices -- double order to have a meal. A $5 salad has 2 Tbls lettace. It's fun -- but Fondue pretty easy to make at home though. OK wine list. The Chocolate is excellent. I just didnt see the value then, and I dont see the value now. Service was fine. Wine list OK. Nothing special. Ended up on Wednesday -- which was "ladies night 2 for 1" -- I guess a way to finally deliver value -- 2 fo 1. The place was a "Zoo" with 20 and 30 something females yelling over each other -- watch out for special nights if you want a nice dinner.
- The following 291 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Tucson reviews archive.
- Always Above AverageGunslinger37Dined on 7/16/2014We have visited the Melting Pot in several cities and have found them to be always good, consistent quality and service at each location. A great place to bring friends and family for special occasions, like birthdays or anniversary.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerSGreviewsDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was exceptional, the tables seemed very close to each other, not much privacy, but overall a great experience. Lot's of food!Special Features:
- Party of TwoPartyOfDeuceDined on 7/3/2014Great dining experience for anniversaries, and special occasions. I highly recommend this restaurant for couples seeking a private dinner to spend quality time together with their significant other. Not for first dates; somewhat spendy for someone that may fit the shoes of a significant other. ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I went here for my anniversary and it was very intimate and fun! They even gave us chocholaye covered strawberries on a plate with "happy anniversary" written in chocolate. I would recommend the melting pot for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funWJAWDined on 6/25/2014If you enjoy bread & cheese and cooking your own expensive food in a bubbling pot, this is for you! :) I've loved The Melting Pot for years, and this experience was no exception. Highly recommended for a special and/or romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsmarriedcoupleDined on 6/21/2014I had my one year anniversary here, and if doesn't seem like a lot of food for the prices they have, but its worth the experience, it was quite, romantic, they had a couples table with a curtain, so the privacy was nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!GreatfunDined on 6/21/2014Our dining experience was wonderful. The experience was interactive and really fun and the staff was excellent. I would highly recommend it.Special Features: