The Melting Pot - Towson
418 York Rd., Suite 420
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/towson/specials
- Phone: 4108216358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A separate dining room can accommodate groups up to 32.
- Private Party Contact: Management 4108216358
A word from The Melting Pot - Towson
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four-course dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. Make reservations today and come dip into something different. Reservations of parties 5 and larger can not be made online.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Towson - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
The Melting Pot - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (86)good for groups (54)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (19)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (12)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Lots of fun and tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014The Melting Pot in Towson was awesome! We were there for a birthday celebration and the food was great and so much fun! Worth trying if you have not been there!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food is always outstanding. The staff is wonderful. Fondue is a fun thing to do.Special Features:
- May102014Dined on 10/25/2014Great dinner. Wish had more times available to select only time available was 4th pmSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Date NightIanCVIPDined on 10/20/2014Took my girlfriend here, it was her first time at a fondue restaurant, and she loved it. I would definitely recommend The Melting Pot - Towson for a romantic date night or special occasion.Special Features:
- Very Good!BeckettDined on 10/17/2014This was our 3rd time eating at a Melting Pot, but we haven't been there in over 5 years. Food was as delicious as we remembered. The service was excellent. I had forgotten how good the desert is! Everything was excellent and we will return again one day!Special Features:
- Great timeChrisDined on 10/15/2014Amazingly good fondue restaurant. Will be coming back here soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DisapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I went here 5 years ago for my sweet 16 and loved it! I thought this would be the perfect place to go for my 21st birthday. My boyfriend and I decided to just go with the chocolate and cheese and I was very disappointed in the cheese and vegetables. The "local" vegetables looked like they came out of a frozen bag of veggies and were super small. The cheese tastef like it was just a bad of Kraft shredded cheese melted. Our server was also very aggressive when stiring the melting pot and we had cheese all over the table. The chocolate was much better, however. If I had to go again, we would have just gotten the chocolate. I also felt that since we chose not to go with the 4-course option, we didn't get the same attention as the other tables.Special Features:
- great night out!luv2dinewithwineDined on 10/4/2014my husband and I wanted a baby free night for our 2nd year anniversary we decided on the melting pot and i am so glad we did, it was phenomenal! when we got there my husband had done an online reservation and under special requests he asked for them to put rose petals and champagne on the table. When we got fo the table they did all the requests and there was an anniversary card from the staff! It was so romantic i was surprised and he himself was shocked because he did not know if they would be able to pull that off! it was great from the food to the atmosphere and we had a great server Matt. He was phenomenal and very helpful with everything. It was very romantic one of my best anniversary of yet! Very Happy customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomeness at its Best!SherDined on 9/28/2014We LOVE this place! Delicious food, great service, fun evening! As always, The Melting Pot did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!AuggieDined on 9/19/2014The melting pot is always delicious. The middle entree is a bit much (to cook meat etc) so we only got cheese, a salad, and chocolate fondue. Still very filling and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server Molly was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014She talked and laughed at all of our corny jokes LOL We stayed for a while and I could tell Molly was a little beat from a long day but she kept smiling and kept an upbeat positive attitude all the way through. Thanks Molly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable funOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014We come here every year for my daughter's birthday. It's always a fun celebration. I just wish the value for the money was better.Special Features:
- Always a great mealDine4funDined on 9/18/2014We have been to Melting Pot several times and we have always had a great meal with terrific service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The service and our waiter Brian was very friendly, made an enjoyable night for my fiancé birthday. The manager was also very friendly; he went from table to table asking how the service, meal or anything he could help with. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EveningslillardDined on 9/7/2014I had a wonderful experience, as usual. Our server, Molly Ann was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I love the melting pot! I always enjoy my meal and the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed w/staffShygirlDined on 8/31/2014I made an reservation after I spoke with the manager about a kids menu. We arrived 30 minutes early on a Sunday at 4:00 and was told that our table was not ready. The person at the front was very rude to us or suggested that we leave. Yup just what I want to do with two small children. We decided to return at 4:30, the place was pretty empty. We were told they were short staffed. We got the Savor Day special and the food was good, cheese was amazing the chocolate was the kids favorite part. I did feel like we were rushed in some of our choices. Not sure when we will return.Special Features:
- Special OccasionCyberGirlDined on 8/30/2014I love The Melting Pot for special occasions. I visit this restaurant a few times every year.Special Features:
- Wikki2Dined on 8/28/2014Server was awesome and food was great but we were there for 3 hours! Took my daughter there for her 10th birthday which was on a school night. Reservation for 715 and did not leave until 10. It was not very crowded- it just seemed like we waited unnecessarily even for drinks.Special Features:
- AwesomeDebbrzoDined on 8/28/2014My boyfriend and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary and had a great time, awesome server very knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great timeCasualDinerDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I brought our kids to our anniversary dinner. The kids loved the interactive aspect of the dinning experience and the service was excellent. We went off of peak hours so that the kids did not disturb other diners, though, they were busy "playing" with the food to make too much of a ruckus. They really loved the dessert as well a wonderful ending to a great meal. I have gluten sensitivity, and the menu selections could accommodate, but since you are sharing a single pot, every one should abstain for the very sensitive, which thankfully, I am not.Special Features:
- Great everything!BellDined on 8/23/2014I recently had a romantic dinner for two with my boyfriend and choosing this resturant was the perfect choice. It was nice and romantic, quiet. The food was delicious, we were so full we decides we will have to go back for desert sometime. Drinks were delicious as well. Service was great. It really was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Unique Experience near YOUJackalstoothDined on 8/22/2014As far as national chains go, you can't as for much better. Somewhat quiet atmosphere, attentive service, honorable reservations... The food is awesome, a lot of colourful flavours. Cheese and chocolate lovers shouldn't skip it, by the way, it's a fondue joint! Though you'll have to do a little work of your own, it's a great time and a FULL evening of fine dining. I recommend the EVERYTHING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014We frequent this restaurant for all of our special occasion celebrations for small groups. You get a few hour long dinner which gives you plenty of time to hang out and socialize and the food is fun and delicious. The drinks are all made to perfection and you won't be disappointed with any facet of this place. The bathrooms even smell like heaven! :) ♡ Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeRyguyDined on 8/16/2014Always go back for the great food and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful evening . Service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014As always a fine way to celebrate with friends in a warm, noise free environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend took me to the melting pot for my birthday, it was the first time for both of us. Our waitress made the experience wonderful! We were there for over 3 hours enjoying ourselves. The coffee drinks are a must! We took my parents to the melting pot for their first time this weekend&they loved it! Totally worth the price, which is on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere was nice, food was excellent, good service, we did the 4 course option n we were there two hours which was a little to long for my personal taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Treat!SophiaDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant week menu gave a good entree selection. We were happy to have dinner there and enjoy catching up.Special Features:
- Fun dining experienceDine4funDined on 8/11/2014We visit melting pot often....great for catching up with friends because you are there relaxing between courses of fondue.Special Features:
- dineoutcoupleDined on 8/10/2014We dined during Restaurant Week and were amazed at the choices for their special menu-excellent food at a great value! Our waitress was friendly and responsive without being intrusive. Highly recommend their specialty drinks from the bar as well. The seating is comfortable and the atmosphere lends itself to whatever type of party you come with ie: groups, couples and families. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will go again for sure.Special Features:
- WonderfulsugarskullDined on 8/9/2014Initially we thought the portion size was very small, but after the bread and cheese, veggies and cheese, and Caesar salads with lovely sweet crunchies on top, the dinner portion was just fine. We had teriyaki filet mignon, sirloin, shrimp and ravioli with potatoes, broccoli and carrots. It was amazing. We added on the simply chocolate desert which, I could have just had that as my whole meal. I also enjoyed the sparking sangria which was very very good. Overall I was impressed. I would even go as far as to say it's one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okaySarahDined on 8/9/2014The food was of good quality. The filet meat was top notch (comes raw and you have to cook it yourself). It's fun to try once if you've never been. But otherwise I'd probably go somewhere else if it were just for a well prepared meal. I would however return for happy hour with cheese fondue - it's just both fun and delicious! I imagine it's also good for a first/blind date as it supplies an activity as well as something to talk about.Special Features:
- Pretty good!KGriceDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent would've chosen a more flavorful fondue, just had a little too much uncooked wine in it. My waitress was very slow. The meats were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun....TouristDined on 8/8/2014This is such a fun place to eat at! We took the grand children and had a blast! Fondu is fundu!Special Features:
- Melting pot- specialKepilarskiDined on 8/8/2014It's definitely a special place for a date... Love coming here. The food was very good & the service was fantastic! This is always my special pick to go for special date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good mealSoonmanDined on 8/7/2014Went for restaurant week and anniversary. We have visited before. My partner and I were seated within minutes of reservation time. Didn't like the inital seating area but requested to move and it was no big deal at all. Server was accommodating. We ordered the European style cooking and we didn't like it. We switched to the French style and it was delishous. Restaurant staff was great. Food great. Quiet peaceful envoirnment. Intimate and romantic. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayDonnaDined on 8/7/2014My granddaughter saw The Melting Pot menu and asked if we could go there for her birthday. The four "ladies" in the family went and had a wonderful time. Especially the 10 year old granddaughter. Although I do find this restaurant a bit pricey, it was worth it to watch her experience fondue the right way. Our server, Sam, was wonderful and she couldn't have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i <3 the melting pot!goodeatsDined on 8/3/2014Either for a date night, or girls night out... Its always a pleasure when I dine at the melting pot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.