The Melting Pot - Towson
418 York Rd., Suite 420
Towson, MD 21204Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Towson
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/towson/specials
- Phone: 4108216358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A separate dining room can accommodate groups up to 32.
- Private Party Contact: Management 4108216358
A word from The Melting Pot - Towson
The Melting Pot offers an extraordinary dining experience that you won't find at any other restaurant. Here, you'll discover all the ingredients to a perfect evening, including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines and fabulous four-course dinners. No matter what the occasion, from a romantic date to get-togethers with friends, meetings or large groups, The Melting Pot always hits the spot. Make reservations today and come dip into something different. Reservations of parties 5 and larger can not be made online.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Melting Pot - Towson - Best Restaurants in Towson ›
The Melting Pot - Towson reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)romantic (86)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (34)notable wine list (20)kid-friendly (20)neighborhood gem (15)late-night find (13)great for lunch (10)hot spot (8)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great Birthday Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014We frequent this restaurant for all of our special occasion celebrations for small groups. You get a few hour long dinner which gives you plenty of time to hang out and socialize and the food is fun and delicious. The drinks are all made to perfection and you won't be disappointed with any facet of this place. The bathrooms even smell like heaven! :) ♡ Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great every timeRyguyDined on 8/16/2014Always go back for the great food and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful evening . Service was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014As always a fine way to celebrate with friends in a warm, noise free environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My boyfriend took me to the melting pot for my birthday, it was the first time for both of us. Our waitress made the experience wonderful! We were there for over 3 hours enjoying ourselves. The coffee drinks are a must! We took my parents to the melting pot for their first time this weekend&they loved it! Totally worth the price, which is on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The atmosphere was nice, food was excellent, good service, we did the 4 course option n we were there two hours which was a little to long for my personal taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Treat!SophiaDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant week menu gave a good entree selection. We were happy to have dinner there and enjoy catching up.Special Features:
- Fun dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014We visit melting pot often....great for catching up with friends because you are there relaxing between courses of fondue.Special Features:
- dineoutcoupleDined on 8/10/2014We dined during Restaurant Week and were amazed at the choices for their special menu-excellent food at a great value! Our waitress was friendly and responsive without being intrusive. Highly recommend their specialty drinks from the bar as well. The seating is comfortable and the atmosphere lends itself to whatever type of party you come with ie: groups, couples and families. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will go again for sure.Special Features:
- WonderfulsugarskullDined on 8/9/2014Initially we thought the portion size was very small, but after the bread and cheese, veggies and cheese, and Caesar salads with lovely sweet crunchies on top, the dinner portion was just fine. We had teriyaki filet mignon, sirloin, shrimp and ravioli with potatoes, broccoli and carrots. It was amazing. We added on the simply chocolate desert which, I could have just had that as my whole meal. I also enjoyed the sparking sangria which was very very good. Overall I was impressed. I would even go as far as to say it's one of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okaySarahDined on 8/9/2014The food was of good quality. The filet meat was top notch (comes raw and you have to cook it yourself). It's fun to try once if you've never been. But otherwise I'd probably go somewhere else if it were just for a well prepared meal. I would however return for happy hour with cheese fondue - it's just both fun and delicious! I imagine it's also good for a first/blind date as it supplies an activity as well as something to talk about.Special Features:
- Pretty good!KGriceDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent would've chosen a more flavorful fondue, just had a little too much uncooked wine in it. My waitress was very slow. The meats were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun....TouristDined on 8/8/2014This is such a fun place to eat at! We took the grand children and had a blast! Fondu is fundu!Special Features:
- Melting pot- specialKepilarskiDined on 8/8/2014It's definitely a special place for a date... Love coming here. The food was very good & the service was fantastic! This is always my special pick to go for special date nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and good mealSoonmanDined on 8/7/2014Went for restaurant week and anniversary. We have visited before. My partner and I were seated within minutes of reservation time. Didn't like the inital seating area but requested to move and it was no big deal at all. Server was accommodating. We ordered the European style cooking and we didn't like it. We switched to the French style and it was delishous. Restaurant staff was great. Food great. Quiet peaceful envoirnment. Intimate and romantic. Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayDonnaDined on 8/7/2014My granddaughter saw The Melting Pot menu and asked if we could go there for her birthday. The four "ladies" in the family went and had a wonderful time. Especially the 10 year old granddaughter. Although I do find this restaurant a bit pricey, it was worth it to watch her experience fondue the right way. Our server, Sam, was wonderful and she couldn't have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i <3 the melting pot!goodeatsDined on 8/3/2014Either for a date night, or girls night out... Its always a pleasure when I dine at the melting pot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticJewelsDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I were celebrating our one year anniversary. This was both of our first experiences at the melting pot. We had a knowledgeable waiter who took the time to go over the menu for us. We got the four course experience and everything was delicious. It was kind of pricey but you get a lot of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a night outFondudeDined on 8/2/2014A group of friends and I took advantage of the shrimp fondue special over the weekend. The food was amazing! The fondue was made by our fantastic waiter Darrell. He was charismatic and kept up with our jokes all night. He was attentive and we didn't have to ask him for refills because he kept our glasses filled. I think we chose the Maryland Surf and Turf dinner. We started out with shrimp fondue with old bay. After our salads we dug into our main course, which included beef, chick and shrimp covered in old bay. I think the longest wait we had was for our beverages, which wasn't long at all. The meal flowed seamlessly. We chose the flaming turtle chocolate fondue for our dessert and it was delicious!! We will be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for special occasions...MrEbelairDined on 8/2/2014Good place if your looking to have a good time while not feeling rushed. The foundue menu allows you to eat at your own place and enjoy the food an company that you are with. The new menu that allows each person to have their own entree is nice.Special Features:
- Great, but NOT my usual experiencedsseakDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious as always. Friendly service but for the 1st time we found ourselves waiting for our waiter about half way through our meal. We waited 20 min from the time we finished our salads til he brought our entrees. We waited on drink refills. I ordered a non alcoholic drink and was brought an alcoholic version for a refill. I can't have alcohol and couldn't tell until I tasted it, that's a pretty serious mistake! We were there for an early dinner on a Thurs so it wasn't very busy. Unfortunately, and not the fault of the Melting Pot, there was a screaming baby at a nearby table. Trying to talk over non stop crying for over an hour didn't make for the relaxing conversation I was hoping for, but out of the Melting Pot's control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!!!Ronnie2010Dined on 7/27/2014The melting pot is the best restaurant ever! I love the food, the staff are always nice and pleasant. Scott the manager is awesome, he always comes to see if we are satisfied and to see if we needed anything. I love taking my children and my best friend introduced to me to the restaurant; and it's our favorite place to go to treat ourselves. The atmosphere is wonderful and relaxing. We love the melting pot!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outKateDined on 7/26/2014It had been a while since dining here, but it was such a wonderful experience we know we'll be back soon. The service was incredible...very attentive, knowledgeable and prompt. Was also checked on by more than one manager during our meal...people could not have been more welcoming. I gave it a "fair" review for ambiance only because they are currently in the process of remodeling. I'm sure once all of it is completed, it will be an even better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great - Service PoorTeknofauzDined on 7/24/2014Although the food was spectacular, Monica, our server left much to be desired. Other servers were visiting their tables 3-4 times as much as Monica visited us. We overheard helpful hints that other servers gave that we were not given. Wait times between courses were excessive. We will probably not return nor recommend the Melting Pot to others.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceHopeDined on 7/23/2014Dinner was wonderful and service was great! Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:
- Full CircleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014The last time my wife and I came to The Melting Pot was in 2010, on her birthday, and happened to be the night that I proposed to her and subsequently we got engaged. Now, we're 39 weeks pregnant, our daughter could be here at any point and we wanted to go out for one last big night out. (see what i did there?) We arrived and were seated immediately, and were introduced to Katie, a super friendly girl who was very knowledgeable about the 4-Course offering, the entire menu, and even the drink selections. She recommended a Flying Dog brewery beer, and we laughed that she was a girl after our own hearts. She gave great suggestions and made sure that we had enough. The meal was great and romantic, just what we needed. Katie was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant!SLKileyDined on 7/21/2014I've never had a bad meal here, even when it's been crowded. I came here for my birthday dinner with my husband on Monday. Our waitress was very friendly and accommodating (I asked for some minor substitutions and had some questions about the menu because I'm pregnant). The food was delicious, the service was exceptional, and the atmosphere was great as always. Quiet enough to have a nice conversation with my husband.Special Features:
- so-sokallwoerDined on 7/20/2014good food, service was lackluster. long wait times between courses and awkward conversation. wouldn't necessarily return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- up to its reputationBmoredinerDined on 7/19/2014The Melting Pot has a justly-deserved reputation for relaxed and romantic dining, and it did not disappoint on our recent visit for an anniversary celebration. Several new and seasonal selections grace its menu and we definitely enjoyed those we tried--particularly the new cheese fondue. The service was attentive, informative, and responsive, if perhaps a bit on the overly familiar side. The Melting Pot is a bit pricey, but it makes a great gift card option! :-)Special Features:
- Kids Free promoTTopDined on 7/17/2014Brought my mentee here as she had never dined fondue style. She found the food to be ok, it really wasn't presented in a kid appealing way. The "dippy" activity book would've been the bridge to her boredom but the hostess could not provide crayons. The waitress was informed that it was my mentee's first time but still didn't walk her through. I purchased the land and sea entree; regular cheese, seasonal strawberry caprese salad, mojo broth for chicken, shrimp and FM, and Smores chocolate. Overall, everything was better than average. Service lacked a smidgen, as there were many times we looked up wanting the hostess to check on us and bring the next course. The restaurant had only 4 tables being served. No excuse for lacking CS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable dinnereatinbaltimoreDined on 7/17/2014I took my two 13 year olds for dinner and it was very nice. The fondue approach to food is wonderfully different and the service was great. The great thing about fondue is that we really eat "together" - literally, rather than just eating at the same table. Thus the conversation with the kids is at a much higher level than usual - anyone with 13 year old knows the value of getting their kids engaged in a good conversation.Special Features:
- Great food, superior serviceGau89Dined on 7/15/2014This was our first visit ever to a fondue restaurant. It was an interesting and informative experience that we will now repeat a little more often. The food selection was very good and the materials fresh and inviting. Judging by the noise level, a great place to bring the children for a fun and interesting experience.Special Features:
- A nice anniversary dinner spotToughFoodieDined on 7/14/2014Easy to book the reservation. The cheese fondue appetizer could have used a bit more garlic and spice but passable. Salads were finely done and very fresh. Main course meats and vegetables were VERY good. The choice of the six sauces was an excellent idea. Our waiter was very friendly but a little too quiet for her to hear us and us to hear her. The table was little bit too busy with all the plates, utensils, and glasses. We enjoyed the evening overall. Parking nearby was a bit of a hassle on account of the rain; only one hour at a time to pay for the parking space; and luckily we brought an umbrella with us.Special Features:
- excellent servicegoodeatsDined on 6/26/2014Our server was GREAT! He was very patient, and accommodating. He made our ladies night awesome... and his drinks were even better :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodisgreatDined on 6/26/2014The fondue's and the entree's live up to the price. The service not quite so much. Personally I don't need my waiter/waitress to be overly friendly, but most patrons expect a certain level of service to accompany a certain price level. Waiter was speed reading through the menu, and directions. And even though he knew it was our first time there he didn't offer advice on how best to cook our entree with the bouillons. I guess we could of asked for more suggestions though. Curb appeal and interior decor also left much to be desired for newbies. It was just...OK. Very quiet though. Much more intimate than expected. Enjoyed the privacy of the weeknight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fondue. Great ServiceRaghavDined on 6/24/2014I come to the Melting Pot at Towson every other week if not every week. The food is outstanding and becomes an activity to partially do things yourself as well so it's fun! The menu is changing and there are always special non-menu items to keep your eyes out for. Whether you go classic swiss alpine or get creative, you just can't go wrong. The manager personally goes around to make sure everything is okay and all the staff is extremely friendly. Our server Katrina but also previous servers such as Cara and Lee (yes I remember them :)) have been absolutely amazing and I hope to see them again. PS - no matter how much you eat, you MUST try the yin and yang martini. Why? Because you're supposed to!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left we never had a moment of disappointment. Everyone was helpful and friendly. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeDjaydDined on 6/14/2014Visited here with wife and two kids, we had an excellent time. Food was great and staff was very polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would go to Harrisburg Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014Server was nice but very, very, slow to check on things. Hair on our dessert.Manager very nice. Harrisburg Melting Pot is better.
- A great fondue experience1HHMomDined on 6/11/2014I love going to the Melting Pot. My 5 y-o daughter had a great time trying out the fondues and my partner enjoyed the endless fondue special. Our server was very polite, we didn't want for anything and he's has a sense of humor with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.