The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
3685 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/thousand-oaks/specials
- Phone: (805) 370-8802
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5pm - 10pm; Friday - Saturday: 5pm - 12pm
Daytime hours available for parties of 10 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: From 8 to 120
- Private Party Contact: Liz Beddow, firstname.lastname@example.org 8053708802x
- Special Events: Brew & Fondue Stone Brewing Beer Dinner
Sept 29 - Nov 3
Four Courses. Four Beers. $45. Perfect.
Homecoming fit for a King & Queen
Oct 1 - 30
3 Course dinner perfect for a young adult with complimentary non alcoholic beverage. $30 per person
CraveCombo featuring the wines of local Cantara Cellars.
WINE | CHEESE | CHOCOLATE | $25
A word from The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks
The Melting Pot is the nation's largest fondue restaurant chain, offering a combination of great food, intimate atmosphere and interactive dining. The Melting Pot strives to help guest create memories through event dining as a destination restaurant perfect for a romantic dinner or a family gathering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks - Best Restaurants in Thousand Oaks ›
The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (36)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (17)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- The service was great but the food was overrated.FamilyTimeDined on 11/14/2014The overall serving staff (host/hostess, server, buser, runner, bartender and manager) were all friendly and very welcoming to our family. From the moment we stepped into the restaurant to the time we left everyone we encountered who worked there were kind and knowledgeable about the restaurant and menu items. The downside (and this has nothing to do with the staff and their service), the food was overrated! The bread was stale, the side salad was similar to a salad you would get at Chili's, and some of the seasonings on the proteins were gross. The only saving grace was the banana fosters dessert, which was delish (but a bit on the sweet side). Overall, the food is not worth the moderately high bill.Special Features:
- Memorable first timeluv2dineDined on 11/8/2014Very good experience, great ambience, friendly staff, and oh yea the food was quite deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best service I've EVER hadMamaRoblesDined on 11/1/2014I was blown away by the service & the food!!!! We went for our anniversary & there was a card waiting for us! The servers were amazing! I needed another ice tea & 2 different servers saw it & both brought me one (so I had 2) lol! That never happens! The food was AMAZING!!! The lighting & booth we sat at were very romantic!!! The experience was so fun and different! I loved it & will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Night Out!funandfoodDined on 10/29/2014If you are looking for something different that dazzles your taste buds and desire for variety - hit the Melting Pot! The waiters are engaging, fun and full of service. Delightful evening for someone special. Thanks Derk and team! We really appreciate the special treatment making it a night to remember for Lois!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue is funkarenpeachDined on 10/28/2014It was delicious. Huge servings. VERY attentive service. We wanted for nothing. Loved it and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but locale is datedthisandthatDined on 10/26/2014Had dinner at the Melting Pot, the service is very friendly and the food is really very good. The prices are a little steep though for the main course, it's probably about $10 higher than it should be. The layout of and decor of the place is a bit dated, probably about 10-15 years since it was setup. We had dinner next to a couple that was loud, there's a room that seats about 24 people in 6 booths and the room is small, so having a private conversation isn't an option. It's classified as fine dining, but it's not really what I'd consider fine dining due to the atmosphere of the place.Special Features:
- Very disappointing!!Basler8VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food portion was really disappointing for the price they charged and the menus are really very, very limit, I think three or four different founde on their menu is really unacceptable for a founde establishment!!Special Features:
- AwesomeDanni2Dined on 9/27/2014Had a great time!! Food was beyond wonderful ask for Jeff he made the experience a fun and entertaining evening!! The service (Jeff) was beyond 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissatisfiedhummingbirdDined on 9/25/2014Every booth had ripped seats! The manager and seating host poorly dressed for this type of restaurant. Was charged for the type of broth to cook our entrée. Very disappointing, especially since I have been to the one in Pasadena and the experience was Outstanding.
- Great StaffGreatStaffDined on 9/20/2014We went recently for a young adults birthday celebration. the staff worked together to make sure everyone in the group was happy.Special Features:
- Yummy and fun experienceNicoleDined on 9/19/2014It was a great time celebrating our twins' 12th birthday. They loved cooking their food in the fondue pot! Yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place for AnniversaryKgregdag03Dined on 9/15/2014My girlfriend and I went here for our year and a half anniversary and we could not have wanted anything greater! The service was great and the food made for an intimate and wonderful celebration. A table next to us left half a bottle of champagne that the bar tender gave to us. The food was fantastic, must try the dessert! We will be back many times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/14/2014My family used to love coming to Melting Pot, just does not have the same old feel it used to have. Very dark inside and wait staff seemed not interested in serving us, at least our server. It is going to be hard to justify such an expense for this kind of dinner, surly it is not a good value at all.
- Birthday BasholdcatladyDined on 9/6/2014For my 62nd Birthday, my family took me to the Melting Pot. We all had a wonderful dinning experience. Our server helped us decide on which way to go for the the menu items. The food was excellent. I received a birthday email that included a box of hand dipped strawberries and a birthday card, signed by all the employees. We all had a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was very in attentive, never asked once if we needed refills. Silverware had dried cheese and the waiter didn't even seem surprised. We expected a nice quiet dinner, and what we got was rushed and ignored due to a birthday party with 15 screaming children that no one attempted to quiet them at all. Thankfully the booth next to us had a very attentive waiter whom did keep an eye and war open for our needs. Will not be going back to this location!Special Features:
- Hidden gem1LionHeartDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed the fondue and wine pairings. A delightful experience. A two hour romantic dining experience with my husband. Food was great; fun experience; enjoyable table side service. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food as the eventOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated my best friend's birthday here. I really recommend fondue when you want an interactive fun experience. Just make sure that the people you are dining with are fun and ready to enjoy the experience. We took a great group. The food was very fresh and the service was amazing. Great time all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interactive dining experienceLali78Dined on 8/8/2014This is the third time I've been here. Each time the service was excellent. The fondue experience is great fun. The food while great is a bit pricey, So this is more of an occasion restaurant. It would also be great to just come for the chocolate fondue on a date. I would recommend that people come at least once to experience all that is fondue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerLuieLewDined on 8/8/2014I booked my appointment online, simple & easy. Our server was good. He Spoke clear English and wasn't rushed. The food was to die for. No complaints here. Love this restaurant every time I go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue or fondon'tBobbyDined on 8/7/2014Skip the main course. The cheese and dessert is where it's at. Most of the steaks/duck had weird flavors unless you dipped it into the sauces. There's a reason most of the world doesn't cook meat that way. Just doesn't translate well. But the cheese and dessert were mad good homes.Special Features:
- Great For A Romantic NightRFLudwickDined on 7/26/2014I came here with my girlfriend to celebrate our anniversary. The ambiance is really solid, and the four-course menu is a decent deal. The food was all very excellent. One hitch was that our burner died right after the cheese fondue, so we had to move to a new table. But they were prompt about it and got everything running pretty quickly. They even comped part of our meal due to the inconvenience. We will definitely return again in the future.Special Features:
- Not the SamevaleDined on 7/22/2014The Melting Pot it will still give you good food and yummy chocolate. For those of us who have been coming for over 22 years now it's not the same and usually that's a good thing. Restaurants have to change and adapt to make it in this world but sometimes you just want what you want. I have tried most of the cheese and have been getting the fiesta cheese for 22 years. It has jalapeno peppers and salsa in it and it's the one thing I look forward to the most at this place. So when the waiter told us they don't carry it anymore and the closest thing they have to it is "baked potato" I was disappointed. Overall the melting pot is still a good restaurant but for over $100 bucks now it's not worth going anymore to me.Special Features:
- The following 752 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - Thousand Oaks reviews archive.
- Fun-do!ForrozVIPDined on 7/19/2014My little guy calls it this ! It is a fun thing to do with family or friends good for steak seafood or veggie lovers. Might go back just for chocolate fondue desserts !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversaries!BigNTallDined on 7/18/2014Seated early in a very nice private area for two. At our small table we were greater by a "happy anniversary card" from the restaurant. Our server Gregg broke down everything very thoroughly and checked frequently but was not overbearing. Food was fantastic and served in a timely manner. Great experience over allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rookiefoodieDined on 7/15/2014The food was delicious and fun to cook/dip yourself. Because of the nature of the restaurant you don't need too much service. With that said, the minimal service needed (drink refills and actually bringing out the courses) was a little slow. We had the first reservation of the night, and it didn't get crowded at all, so I'm not sure what the hold up was.Special Features:
- Common Sense & CourtesyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2014We have gone to this location for many years, multiple times and for special occasions. I was disappointed with the new menu style, it was confusing. The new salads we marginal at best. The rest of the meal was quite delicious. I was disappointed most with the fact that they sat us directly behind a family with a small infant. We were there to celebrate our daughter turning 17. It was dishearting to say the least to sit through a four course meal with an infant who was clearly tired, not wanting to sit any longer, parents who dropped f-bombs every other word and an iPad given to soothe the child with volume loud enough for me to know every detail of the show. Very, disappointed. Not the grown up,special occasion or delicious meal expected.Special Features:
- The Melting PotAMC22Dined on 7/12/2014Fondue always make dinner a fun experience. We celebrated our oldest daughter's 22nd birthday there. Family enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceYumyumDined on 7/12/2014All the service personnel are friendly and attentive. Our server was not only that, but he was and interesting. They were great at pacing the meal to each table's needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times!Sassy1Dined on 7/11/2014The Melting Pot in Thousand Oaks is a spectacular experience and my special occasion go-to. Outstanding food. My only problem is that they do not open for lunch. L MerrillSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion GemJuneDined on 7/6/2014We had a party of eight for a birthday occasion. I choose the tableside presentation and very glad I did. Only one of us had ever been to a fondue. The presentation made the evening entertaining and a very special event. I also choose the "Quick Dip". Great for us since we were able to get a sample of everything. The food was fresh and tasted delicious. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. A very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Restaurant to share w FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Great food and really fun talking and laughing over cooking food together !Special Features:
- good experiencemobpasDined on 7/3/2014We went to this restaurant by our frends avise and got very positive experience. The food and whle atmsphera great. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We were there for our 22nd anniversary and from the beginning the staff made it a very special night for us. Great food and service. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Everything about our experience was fantastic. Every bite was delicious, every sip left me wanting more, and every part of the staff left us smiling. It was a great time and can not wait to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the New Menu!KSLeClairDined on 6/15/2014Love the new menu! My husband prefers seafood and I prefer beef and chicken; the new menu allowed us to each order what we liked. No more Big Night Out on the menu, but that's okay!Special Features:
- Perfect for a special nightJazzakaiDined on 6/3/2014Great place, nice for something new. Had a fantastic server name Steven and the food was delicious (as well as a blast to cook). Noise level very low, and with a reservation you get a nice personal seating arrangement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greg L. VenturaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Took my fiancé here for her birthday. Made reservations before hand which is always suggested. Didn't wait long to be seated. As we approached our table we noticed a card that said happy birthday. All th staff had signed the card which made it extra special. Our waiter Gregg was phenomenal. He walked us through each part of the four course. Awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best date everIheartfondueDined on 5/28/2014Made my year! this was the best experience I've had at melting pot. We got there an hour after our reservation due to traffic; they stayed open an hour and a half late for us and the service was impeccable. My date loved it so much she thought I had arranged a private meal for us. It was extremely romantic. Thanks melting pot!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodpeterjnaDined on 5/23/2014I was expecting gourmet food, but it was more like commercial food. Salad was pretty generic as the rest of the menu. I was very disappointed with the the overall quality. Shrimp was defrosted, meat wasn't marbled, and the chicken was old. There is nothing special with this place. It's like eatting at Denny's. Actually Denny's is better then the Melting Pot. Complete waste of time and money. Your better off eatting at a Shabu restaurant.
- Friday night foodExcellentVIPDined on 5/16/2014Good food as usually new alpine cheese item was good the caprese salad was excellent along with the potstickersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.