The Melting Pot - Tacoma
2121 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Tacoma
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/tacoma/specials
- Phone: 2535353939x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm- 11:00pm
Happy Hour in the Bar/Lounge:
7 Days a Week 4:30-6:30
Every day Late Night 9:00 - close
Happy Hour in the Bar Only:
Friday 4:30-6:30 & Late Night 9:00 - close
5 Items for $5: Pure Chocolate Fondue, Cheese Fondue, Any Salad, On Tap and Bottled Beer, and Happy Hour Wines.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring Home The Flavors Of The Melting Pot!
Our Garlic & Wine Seasoning, House Dressings, Chocolate Bars, Beautifully Hand Dipped Strawberries, & more are available for purchase.
- Private Party Facilities: We are the perfect location to celebrate a special occasion with family or friends, host a luncheon, or hold a business dinner. Our managers are there every step of the way to guarantee the success of your event & to create a memorable and successful experience for you.
We can accommodate personal & professional parties of all sizes: Cambria Room seats up to 16
Rainier Room seats up to 40
Special Occasion Packages:
Whether you're joining us for a romantic evening for 2 or creating memories with family, friends, & colleagues, Celebration Packages & Keepsakes are available & will be set at your table, ready to surprise & delight upon your arrival!
- Private Party Contact: Sean Hanson 2535353939x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour in the Lounge
Monday - Friday 4:30-6:00 &
Every Day Late Night 9:00 - close
$4 off cheese & pure chocolate fondues; $4 off brie plates; $2 off all salads. $5 well drinks & $7 select wine pours. Beer specials.
- Special Events: Ladies Night Thursdays!
Ladies receive happy hour drink prices all night long PLUS enjoy cheese fondue, salad, & chocolate fondue for $20 per person
A word from The Melting Pot - Tacoma
Situated in the hub of Downtown Tacoma, the Pacific Ave. location provides a casually elegant, intimate atmosphere. The relaxing 4 course experience begins with cheese fondue prepared tableside. Fresh salad follows while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of tantalizing meats, seafood, & vegetables. Each morsel is hot, fresh, & flavorful. Entrees are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces to add to the fun. Your choice of chocolate fondue is the grand finale, served with a variety of delicious dippers. Many have stopped by to satisfy that fondue craving after a concert at The T Dome, a visit to the Chihuly Glass Museum, or a family outing at the zoo.Continued
We feature an extensive wine list, fresh trendy cocktails, & specialty martinis.
It’s the perfect place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, overdue date night, family night, or a group gathering!
We feature an extensive wine list, fresh trendy cocktails, & specialty martinis.
It’s the perfect place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, overdue date night, family night, or a group gathering!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - Tacoma - Best Restaurants in Tacoma ›
The Melting Pot - Tacoma reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)romantic (104)good for groups (50)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (30)hot spot (15)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (13)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Celebrated my son's 16th birthday and it was an overall success! It was the ONLY Melting Pot out of 3 that I called that would cater for a party of 10 so that was very helpful. The waiter Victor did a great job, friendly service, and knew the menue quite well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was helpful and wonderfulMichelleAaronDined on 10/18/2014Food was great. Our server was a awesome, which we were worried about because we saw other reviews that said they had slow service. The server was on it, our whole experience took about 90 minuets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was wonderful!Fundue4meDined on 10/6/2014I absolutely loved the cheese fondue and the chocolate Turtle dessert fondue...dinner wasn't my favorite part and the price was too high for what we received IMO, the service was amazing!! I will go again, and I'll skip the dinner package and order only what I truly enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFriendlynoteDined on 10/5/2014I love that they whole environment experience- only thing lacking was the wording for my daughter in chocolate, since it was her B-day- I just asked for it to say to my lovely daughter which it did not -- but still enjoy the whole dinner process. Different had great food - just plan on paying for it. Pricey-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to the Melting Pot 3 other times so this time I brought 3 friends with me that had never been. They had a great time but were confused because the waiter did not explain the menu very well. Don't get me wrong the waiter was great. It is my opinion that the menu is a little overwhelming. It would be helpful to have an explanation of how the process works and that you get to choose everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night.RickDined on 10/4/2014Had the 4 course meal. For the cheese we did the spinich artichoke dip, absolutely amazing! Salad was typical. For the meats we had the classic and the steak lovers with caq au vin for the coupling style. Great for the steak but just OK for the other stuff. Then finished with the flaming turtle (I think that's what it was called). That was beyond amazing. The service was great. It was a great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant and they never disappoint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and service was good.nanzDined on 9/28/2014Waited 20+ mins. when we finished was the deal breaker when they knew we were waiting for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- She said yes!MalkurisDined on 9/27/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and proposed to her. The staff was very friendly and helped to make the night very romantic and fun. It was a great place to eat. The food was amazing as well. I will definitely be going back :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Melting Pot-TacomaDeDeeraeDined on 9/27/2014Our meal at the Melting Pot was an evening of total enjoyment. The time to saver the food and spend quality time meant so much to my husband and me. The Gem of the evening was our Waitress. She shared so much valuable information about the items on the menu. Taking the time when needed with us -when we were unsure about what we truly wanted. Due to her skills and the meal itself-we would highly recommend the Melting Pot for any special occasion or just an evening out.Special Features:
- wonderfulGreatfoodDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time going to the Melting pot. The server was really great. But I wish she checked in a little bit more. No biggy. The food was wonderful. I have never had so much fun having dinner before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding2thdocDined on 9/26/2014The Tacoma Melting Pot was again, outstanding. We have eaten there before, so know the routine. The experienced wait staff, led by Adrian, anticipated every desire and fulfilled it rapidly. The food was more than we could eat. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Poor TimingCharliebinksDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I went there for dinner. They seated us in a private quiet corner of the restaurant. All was fine until they decided to clean the room next door. The stench of bleach was overwhelming. All they did was appologize. I could barely breath and could not enjoy my meal. Not sure why they found the need to clean the room when there were customers around instead of doing it before they opened or after they closed. Definately was a massive turn-off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with FriendsJust4FunDined on 9/22/2014We used our Living Social coupon with our friends. The offer was great and we had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Took some friends here for a treat. It is fun night out. You can dine at your own pace and have a nice chance to socialize. Food was very good, lots of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING STAFF22tangoDined on 9/21/2014This place has such a warm, relaxed atmosphere. The menu is simple but the flavors are well "mouthwatering". The cheddar cheese and turtle chocolate fondue had us scraping the bowl. The staff is attentive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the Traditional Swiss FonduechrisDined on 9/20/2014We have gone to the Melting Pot for many years and enjoyed the Traditional Swiss Fondue. The new fondues are not good. I do not know why they no longer serve the good fondue.Special Features:
- GREAT all aroundGREATallaroundDined on 9/17/2014I didn't go myself, however, i live in Colorado, and my daughter lives in Seatle. Wanted to do something speacial for her birthday. Making the reservations was easy and then called and asked if i could pay for the meal. They gave me options on how I could pay. They set up their table nicely for them, and they just had the best time. They said the food was outstanding, the service was great, and they added an extra touch of writing happy birthday on a place with chocolate. They said it was one of the best nights they have ever had.Special Features:
- Service needs workJustmarriedDined on 9/14/2014Would of been nice to have our server check on us more. We needed drinks several different times and our waitress was no where to be found so people actually started to get up and go to the bar themselves. This was very inconvenient since this was my wedding dinner. She really didn't explain much except how it worked, nothing about which broths worked for each meat. I wouldn't suggest this place for a large group of people but would for a small intimate dinner.Special Features:
- Always a fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Melting Pot is a great place for date night or a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spendy spot for spotty servicedisappointedintacomaDined on 9/10/2014We went for our daughters birthday as a party of 4. The reservation was made with the request to serve cake (which we provided) with the chocolate course. The cake was delivered to the table still in the box with the candles in a bag. The server presented the restaurants birthday portion with a candle before our cake and the cake was left on the table with no knife or utencils to eat it. It was extremely awkward. Other than that, it seemed like our server was a bit overwhelmed with the number of tables and didn't remember to bring eating utencils for the last course. For the cost of dining and reputation of the Melting Pot, this was my least enjoyable experience to date.Special Features:
- Another great experience!LindaMDined on 9/9/2014I took my significant other to the Melting Pot for his birthday! I have been there several times and I have never been disappointed! We had fabulous service, the food was excellent and they brought a sampler plate of desserts with a candle in honor of the birthday. It is pricey but well worth it for a relaxing special occasion. Those who have had negative things to say about the quantity of the food surprise me. We could not eat it all.Special Features:
- Fabulous fonduefonduefanaticDined on 9/6/2014I have never had fondue before, this being my first experience, it was absolutely amazing! I'm not sure what I anticipated, but it fulfilled all of my wildest fondue fantasies. Definitely planning on going back for the cheese fondue especially.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We decided to celebrate our wedding anniversary at the Melting Pot and made a reservation. It was our first experience with fondue. We chose the ultimate night of romance as a package. Everything at the restaurant was presented very well and in order. The staff was friendly and the establishment was clean and organized. Our waiter [Jose] was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Since it was our first time at the restaurant, his expertise provided us with relief. The only drawback was the amount of food in the main entrée along with the cost for the entirety of the package. We felt as though more food needed to be in the main entrée and that would have made it better. We had a lovely night thanks to the Melting Pot and its staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014We used to go to Melting Pot on only the most special occasions - probably less than once a year, because of the priciness. So when we went Sep 5, we were excited. It was our son's 18th birthday. But it was so disappointing! The portions of the salad were less than half of what they used to be. The service was so slow that when we asked for more bread for our cheese fondue, the fondue burned to the pot before more bread came. The dessert no longer included cheesecake. The bread and dessert were not very fresh, seemed a little old and hard. It just seemed overall that too many corners had been cut. And they didn't acknowledge in any way our son's big 18, although we mentioned it 2 or 3 times. We don't know if we'll ever be going backSpecial Features:
- Over-pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Our over-all experience was pretty good, but we probably wouldn't come again unless it was just for dessert, if we go again at all. I had heard it was pretty expensive, so I assumed it was going to be amazing; but considering the price, it was just so-so. The appetizer and desserts were yummy, but our salads and entrees were just ok. If you enjoy boiled meat, you might like the entree, because they have you cook your meat in a pot of boiling broth. It wasn't that good. I would recommend you save your money and go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Terrible Host, Great Food/ServiceBigHossDined on 9/3/2014Open Table has never let me down, this time - I feel a little "jilted." I made a reservation for 5 for 8 pm on the day I wanted to go. Every 15 minutes was open for reservations - so did not look like there would be any issues. We arrived at 7:10, early, I checked in, advised I only had 4 in my group now, and asked if they could seat us early. The response was flat out "no, your table will be ready at 8." Never a mention of let us see what we can do, no attempt to even look at the floor and see if there was an open table, no excuses, nothing - just a no you'll have to come back at 8. So we did - back at 7:55 for our 8 pm reservation. We weren't seated until 8:20 !!!!! Now, if I'm early and you tell me to come back - it better be ready!Special Features:
- came for dessertciderDined on 9/2/2014The customer service seems contrived but there is no denying they are trying to make you feel well-served. We came for dessert. It was expensive, but keep in mind you're paying more for the experience than the food. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Serendipitous AdventureDoctorGDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had a wonderful night out dining at the Melting Pot - though "dining" doesn't actually capture the experience. For us, the evening was an interesting fusion of casual cooking, dawdling eating and drinking, and taking pleasure in the succulent morsels of salmon, duck breast, lobster tail, pork medallions - and so much more. But no night is complete at the Melting Pot without the chocolate - yes - they have some of the best dark and white chocolate any palate should be allowed to delight in. The Melting Pot met our expectations - and more - and helped create a memorable evening for the two of us. We don't want or ask for much more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Shelby was outstanding and the Manager appeared at our table to personally greet us. The overall experience was great, each time we visit the Tacoma Melting Pot the more we look forward to returning. I would Like to Especially Thank Shelby she truly took very good care of us, even though she was very busy with another table, we have visited there many times before, and we have always had a good experience, however she made the little difference from the other visits. Thank You, I really enjoyed my birthday visit, Thanks
- Had a great timejdionnDined on 8/29/2014The food was great but you definitely pay for the experience. The wild mushroom sanchetti in the veggie medley was awesome and my husband loved that he could do half steak and half ahi. The granny apples were amazing with the Alpine. We skipped the salad course and did dark chocolate grand marnier fondue for dessert, which was also very good. That being said, we cook a lot at home so it's hard to want to pay $9 for melted cheese and mostly vegetables. Server was shy at first but warmed up quickly. Overall a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plan at least 2 hours for dinnerkenaiDined on 8/29/2014The food was good, although next time we would probably spring for one of the "deluxe" cooking methods (broth), as the standard court bullion was rather flavorless & the meat is not seasoned. While our server was very friendly, he kept forgetting to bring items we requested or brought them way too late to be useful - like more veggies during the entrée. The progression of courses is extremely s-l-o-w, so schedule ample time to enjoy them at the set leisurely pace. Even with only 2 of us, we felt rushed allowing for only 1 & 1/2 hours to complete the meal before needing to leave for our next commitment. We also found that ordering only 1 portion of the cheese & dessert fondues to split was more reasonable volume-wise, and more economical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outIslandboyDined on 8/28/2014We had a great time and excellent experience. Our waiter Justin took plenty of time to explain the menu and over all did a great job of taking care of us. The food was excellent...loved the fontina cheese dish and of course you have to have their flaming turtle fondue....it's wonderful!Special Features:
- 4 year anniversarySherbrandonDined on 8/26/2014This was my boyfriend and I's first time here ever and the service was great, they acknowledged our anniversary and congratulated us. It was a perfect occasion for us to try it out and will come back for nice occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014It was my first time here. Waiter Michael was very knowledgable and friendly. With four people and our groupon for several entries we were to full to try the chocolate fondue! We had one of the cheese fondues that was delicious. It was a fun experience in the dining area. We did not have a good experience I. The bar. We sat waiting 18 minutes with no one acknowledging us. I noticed 2 other couples sitting there waiting for service. Not sure if it was a off night with one server but, we never ordered a drink since our table was ready now ready.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service2thscraprrDined on 8/24/2014The waiter didn't know the menu well & could not keep up. He had to go ask a manager 2x what was the seasonal beer selection. 30 mins later after we got our cheese fondue he tells us they're out of the beer ordered. THEN he took the rest of our order. Which came out wrong.He argued that Teriyaki Steak was the only other steak option.Since we still had our menu's, we showed him that wasn't true.He brought out the correct steak for 2 people, but 1 of us hadn't said to him that his order was wrong too, so he didn't get the correct order. We were just ready to get out of there & done with all of the chaos. We hadn't realized that not only was dessert not included but the cheese wasn't either. The waiter told us that we couldn't use our 20% off.Special Features:
- Social TimeButerfli1966Dined on 8/23/2014Reservations important! Because of fondue meal structure multiple courses, it can take a while and is a great time to visit with your loved one(s) or friends! Sit back, enjoy your company and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyBrelynn33Dined on 8/22/2014Our first time here and we had a fantastic dinner! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salad's were deliciuos thenDatenightdinnerDined on 8/21/2014the dinner arrived, we enjoyed cooking it our way we had enough food to fill us up. We finished with a milk chocolate dessert which was eaten very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved ithkmarieDined on 8/17/2014went for our 7th wedding anniversary.... loved the food, servers/staff were attentive n freindly. Expensive but felt food n experience worth it for a special nightSpecial Features: