The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
2221 4th St N
St. Petersburg, FL 33704Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/st-petersburg/welcome
- Phone: 7278956358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Saturday - 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Chris Wilson 7278956358
- Entertainment: We offer a unique, interactive dining experience like no other.
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour from open - 7pm. Half price any cocktail, beer, and wine by the glass, $5 specialty martini's and $5 bar food. To find out more about our upcoming events, promotions, and club fondue member deals visit http://www.meltingpot.com/club-fondue.aspx
A word from The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
romantic (66)special occasion (65)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Perfect date night!DatenighterDined on 10/25/2014We had reservations and were seated within 10 minutes of arrival on a busy night. Our server was perfect. Explained everything in detail, showed up with perfect timing in between courses. Food quality was fantastic. We had no problem cooking everything to our liking. The menu choices were well varied and we were able to find several items to our liking. The ambiance was very romantic and quiet where we were seated. We heard very little noise from the kitchen or other guests. A perfect evening for us and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- overall a very fun timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The lunch was wonderful... and so fun to prepare - even if my 4 year old granddaughter did not eat much!! She was still in awe of the process, the surroundings, and the Pricncess who came to visit many times during the meal. The service provided by Dillon was WONDERFUL...he truly catered to my granddaughter. Saw that she did not like the skins on the apples and brought her a full dish with NO SKINS! The cheese was perfeectly seasoned... and the CHOCOLATE... just scrumptioius. The lightup ring was the hit of the day!!! She LOVES IT. Thank you for taking the time to put on an event like this... more businesses should take a lesson from you. We will be back next year!!Special Features:
- Good timesKevinDined on 10/18/2014Very nice, good food and very attentive to your requests. Would recommend to all partiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SauceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated out 10th wedding anniversary there and couldn't be happier. From the hostesses to our outstanding waiter and the attention from the manager made our dining experience top notch. The food was delicious as always from the first course to the chocolate dessert. Would highly recommend your restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic and funwillthethrillDined on 10/15/2014We had a great time here, everything was tailored to our needs to a special occasion at a reasonable price. Food was great and a lot of fun to cook our own steaks and shrimp. very cool, 10/10 will be back!Special Features:
- Great Anniversary Dinnerbluedat2Dined on 10/13/2014Celebrating 14 years of marriage and our waiter Steve made it even more special. Love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Special Birthday DinnerFoodie4sureDined on 10/9/2014My birthday dinner was delicious! We started with a Cheddar cheese pot and for dinner My Husband ordered the Classic entree, while I had the French Quarter, consisting of filet mignon, breast of chicken and shrimp seasoned with Cajun spices and Andouille sausage. The Manager suggested a special dessert offering of rich, dark chocolate with almonds and fresh coconut. Yumm! The entire experience, from salad to dessert, was delicious and satisfying.Special Features:
- best night out!bestniteyetDined on 10/5/2014One of the best places ive been to in a very long time, but make sure you bring your check book. All in all you really pay more for the experience then the amount of food, but dont get it wrong it was amazing good top of the line meats and chocolate and fruits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningGreatDined on 9/27/2014We had a very enjoyable evening. We were there for a birthday and were very pleased with the whole experience. Our server Doug was outstanding.Special Features:
- PerfectBucswife22Dined on 9/26/2014We came the night before my husband's second Air Force deployment to the Middle East. I let them know beforehand and the entire staff was so kind. Each server working that night stopped by to offer thanks and good luck. Our server Shaina treated us as VIPs and the manager made sure everything was perfect. We will be returning in 6 months as a welcome home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014A great and different way to enjoy dinner, particularly for couples. We go here about once a year, and they go the extra mile to make sure your meal and experience is enjoyable and memorable. Professional and friendly service...food is beautifully presented. This is an evening, not just dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the aroma was pretty strong!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was a good romantic night, but the food was not exactly what I would normally eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must ExperienceBarbaraDined on 9/8/2014Unique experience ~ would highly recommend. If you have never been, it is a must do...... Plan on leaving extremely full and satisfied all around Everything was extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Experience and ValueflafoodloverDined on 8/31/2014We've been a huge fan of The Melting Pot for years and have had the pleasure of dining in several of their restaurants all over Florida and Northern Virginia. So when the "endless fondue" offer came around we knew we'd have to go. After visiting a relative south of Tampa we decided to try the MP in St Petersburg on the way home. The restaurant is only a few blocks off of I-275. We were treated very well by our waitress Chantille and as always enjoyed every course of fondue as well as our salad. The restaurant is in an attractive English Tudor style building. Inside is dark wood, decorative glass lights and real votive candles on the table. Even when full the restaurant was quiet . Great food, great service and yes... we had two desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Endless Fonduebluedat2Dined on 8/31/2014The restaurant features endless fondue 2 -3 times per year and it is great. We dine here several times a year and look forward to the endless fondue. The entree is limited to steak, chicken, shrimp & ravioli, but you can have unlimited amounts of everything (cheese, entree, and CHOCOLATE). This is a good time to get a group together, make a reservation and try new things. If you have multiple cook pots it's even better!Special Features:
- rgriffDined on 8/30/2014Our sever was great. The chicken, not so good. Had a really nice evening.Special Features:
- Love The Melting Potbluedat2Dined on 8/18/2014The cheese and the chocolate are the best! Steve was a great server and we had fun celebrating mom's 76th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for intimate night out!AshlynnneDined on 8/16/2014We recently celebrated my husbands birthday and was perfect for an intimate private dinner. We were tucked away in a cozy booth and the staff was super friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. We had a birthday balloon package which was the perfect addition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique date night diningTuckVIPDined on 8/14/2014The mid week menu special has value and is creative.You get the cheese fondue,three main course items,chicken,steak and shrimp served with mushrooms,broccoli,etc.The dessert is chocolate covered strawberries.Our waiter,Eduardo was outstanding and should be requested.He's very informative and does a nice job of explaining everything to make for a memorable and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Not the best timefoodluver94Dined on 8/8/2014This was my 5th time going to this location and it was probably the worst time. My fiance and I went here for out anniversary so they put us in a secluded room in the back. The only problem was that it was really dark and kinda noisy. We could constantly hear the couple next to us talking (and complaining). Because of how small the space was, it got really hot from the steam from all the food. My other issue was that I had a couple of coupons that my mom got when she purchased a gift card for us and she was told by the manager that as long as we used them at that location, we could use them even after they were expired, but this was obviously not the case and we were told only one could be used for the confusion and to throw out the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableJBsurfDined on 8/7/2014Everything was as good as it gets for a dinner out on a special occasion, start to finish, would like to thank all involved.Special Features:
- Great SelectionsCheezehdDined on 8/3/2014Our evening was wonderful. Your menu has many wonderful selections for just about every palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experience!JEHSDined on 8/2/2014Although I've lived in the area for 40 years, this was our first visit. It was private, good service and ample, tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I came here for a special occasion for dinner. We were taken to a wonderful table with a lovely quiet atmosphere. Our waiter gave us excellent service and we had a great time at the bar. They have an excellent wine selection and wonderful suggestions for first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricesunshineDined on 7/29/2014Way over priced. The service was good, but for the what you get the price was extremeSpecial Features:
- Great spot for fun with a groupLove2dineDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time! Great food, service and atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseRapunzelDined on 7/24/2014I took my boyfriend here for a special birthday dinner. We were seated quickly and everyone was very friendly and attentive. Our meal was fantastic and we enjoyed the ability to eat at our own pace. The Alpine cheese fondue was outstanding as was the rest of our meal. The amout of food in each course is more than sufficient, and sad to say, we didn't make it to the chocolate fondue :( because we didn't have any room left. I guess we'll have to come back for dessert!! Thank you to the Melting Pot for making Al's birthday one to remember. Thanks also for the balloon!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsadjdcdDined on 7/23/2014We enjoy coming here for special occasions. Very quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to '70's with current menubidbestDined on 7/22/2014It's fun eating fondu as the table gets involved in cooking and sharing. The up-to-date menu is a bridge to today's cuisine. Different kind of experience worth trying often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBellionDined on 7/22/2014Our server, Shawn, was helpful, knowledgeable, and very personable. Food was great, manager made sure all was going well. We had a blast celebrating a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for dating...TheHappyCookerDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I love going to The Melting Pot for date night. They run a lot of specials that we love to try. The staff is friendly and the food is excellent. This trip we tried a new fondue. It was prosciutto ans asparagus and was it ever delicious! We tried two new cocktails which were great as well! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeShadowSweeperDined on 7/18/2014Me and my fiance had a wonderful time at the Melting Pot! The four course meal was excellent, the staff was kind and the set up was wonderful! Will most likely go again in the near future!Special Features:
- Special Occasion...ilovewineDined on 7/17/2014Excellent all the way around!! The food was perfect. The service was delightful. The manager even stopped by to wish us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner @ The Melting PotFoodie70Dined on 7/11/2014We reserved a table for our daughter to celebrate her 13th birthday with two of her friends. The staff was friendly on the phone and friendly when we arrived. Our daughter got to have her own table with her friends, which pleased her tremendously. We were seated in a separate room in a booth with a window where we could clearly see our daughter's table. Our waiter, Rob, was knowledgeable about the menu and attentive to both our tables. He was friendly, humorous, and engaging. The manager stopped by to chat with us and ask about our dining experience. The staff gave my daughter a lovely signed card. The entire evening was pleasant: good food, good service, good ambiance. We would not hesitate to visit The Melting Pot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Anniversary DinnerNightOutDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this week, and for dinner I suggested the Melting Pot. The first time we ate at The Melting Pot was in Tallahassee, Florida when I was attending law school, and my wife loved the place. It immediately became one of the places we would go for special occasions when we could find the money to spend on a nice night out. I thought that this would be a special touch for a special night. My daughter agreed, and when I suggested it to my wife she immediately did as well. The St. Petersburg Melting Pot is had a wonderful atmosphere for a special night out. We had the "Big Night Out," which was a four course meal. It makes for a long evening, but a true evening out -- not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 299 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - St Petersburg reviews archive.
- Fun dining experience!familydinersDined on 6/23/2014My daughter chose the Melting Pot for her birthday dinner. They were so accommodating and friendly! The food was yummy and the service was attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedRobertDined on 6/20/2014server was very nice but was gone for long periods of time. Took what seemed like forever to get drinks and to go on to next course. cooking the main meal took forever due to not being able to get the temp of oil right. over all very disappointed in the experience will be a long time before we go back again
- Great Concept RestaurantCricketDined on 6/17/2014Very enjoyable for a couple or small group. Nice atmosphere and something different. Overall a little more costly - wouldn't do it every week, but for a special occasion, it's a good bet.Special Features:
- for special occasionsJMillzVIPDined on 6/14/2014I really like the Melting Pot and have been to several different locations. The only drawback here was the ridiculous wait. We made reservations and still had to wait 45mins- there is definitely room for improvement here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- RmurphyrmheartDined on 6/14/2014Had been to The Melting Pot many times but this time I made a reservation for 14 to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. It was nice being able to all sit around one table. Many in our party had not been to this restaurant before and they seemed to enjoy it very much. Despite the large number in our party the server was able to keep up fairly well. Wonderful atmosphere. Equally wonderful food. Great experience, as always!Special Features: