The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
2221 4th St N
St. Petersburg, FL 33704Neighborhood:
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/st-petersburg/welcome
- Phone: 7278956358
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm; Saturday - 4:00pm - 11:30pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, American, Swiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Chris Wilson 7278956358
- Entertainment: We offer a unique, interactive dining experience like no other.
- Special Events: Daily Happy Hour from open - 7pm. Half price any cocktail, beer, and wine by the glass, $5 specialty martini's and $5 bar food. To find out more about our upcoming events, promotions, and club fondue member deals visit http://www.meltingpot.com/club-fondue.aspx
A word from The Melting Pot - St Petersburg
We are the premier fondue restaurant where guests can enjoy a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrees, salads and indulgent desserts. At The Melting Pot Restaurant, we offer a dining experience like no other. A unique, interactive dining experience creating memorable moments with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
The Melting Pot - St Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)romantic (73)good for groups (28)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (17)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our sever was great. The chicken, not so good. Had a really nice evening.Special Features:
- Love The Melting Potbluedat2Dined on 8/18/2014The cheese and the chocolate are the best! Steve was a great server and we had fun celebrating mom's 76th birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for intimate night out!AshlynnneDined on 8/16/2014We recently celebrated my husbands birthday and was perfect for an intimate private dinner. We were tucked away in a cozy booth and the staff was super friendly and ensured we had everything we needed. We had a birthday balloon package which was the perfect addition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique date night diningTuckDined on 8/14/2014The mid week menu special has value and is creative.You get the cheese fondue,three main course items,chicken,steak and shrimp served with mushrooms,broccoli,etc.The dessert is chocolate covered strawberries.Our waiter,Eduardo was outstanding and should be requested.He's very informative and does a nice job of explaining everything to make for a memorable and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Not the best timefoodluver94Dined on 8/8/2014This was my 5th time going to this location and it was probably the worst time. My fiance and I went here for out anniversary so they put us in a secluded room in the back. The only problem was that it was really dark and kinda noisy. We could constantly hear the couple next to us talking (and complaining). Because of how small the space was, it got really hot from the steam from all the food. My other issue was that I had a couple of coupons that my mom got when she purchased a gift card for us and she was told by the manager that as long as we used them at that location, we could use them even after they were expired, but this was obviously not the case and we were told only one could be used for the confusion and to throw out the other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly EnjoyableJBsurfDined on 8/7/2014Everything was as good as it gets for a dinner out on a special occasion, start to finish, would like to thank all involved.Special Features:
- Great SelectionsCheezehdDined on 8/3/2014Our evening was wonderful. Your menu has many wonderful selections for just about every palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experience!JEHSDined on 8/2/2014Although I've lived in the area for 40 years, this was our first visit. It was private, good service and ample, tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My husband and I came here for a special occasion for dinner. We were taken to a wonderful table with a lovely quiet atmosphere. Our waiter gave us excellent service and we had a great time at the bar. They have an excellent wine selection and wonderful suggestions for first timers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PricesunshineDined on 7/29/2014Way over priced. The service was good, but for the what you get the price was extremeSpecial Features:
- Great spot for fun with a groupLove2dineDined on 7/26/2014We had a great time! Great food, service and atmosphere. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseRapunzelDined on 7/24/2014I took my boyfriend here for a special birthday dinner. We were seated quickly and everyone was very friendly and attentive. Our meal was fantastic and we enjoyed the ability to eat at our own pace. The Alpine cheese fondue was outstanding as was the rest of our meal. The amout of food in each course is more than sufficient, and sad to say, we didn't make it to the chocolate fondue :( because we didn't have any room left. I guess we'll have to come back for dessert!! Thank you to the Melting Pot for making Al's birthday one to remember. Thanks also for the balloon!! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsadjdcdDined on 7/23/2014We enjoy coming here for special occasions. Very quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to '70's with current menubidbestDined on 7/22/2014It's fun eating fondu as the table gets involved in cooking and sharing. The up-to-date menu is a bridge to today's cuisine. Different kind of experience worth trying often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceBellionDined on 7/22/2014Our server, Shawn, was helpful, knowledgeable, and very personable. Food was great, manager made sure all was going well. We had a blast celebrating a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant for dating...TheHappyCookerDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I love going to The Melting Pot for date night. They run a lot of specials that we love to try. The staff is friendly and the food is excellent. This trip we tried a new fondue. It was prosciutto ans asparagus and was it ever delicious! We tried two new cocktails which were great as well! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:
- Wonderful TimeShadowSweeperDined on 7/18/2014Me and my fiance had a wonderful time at the Melting Pot! The four course meal was excellent, the staff was kind and the set up was wonderful! Will most likely go again in the near future!Special Features:
- Special Occasion...ilovewineDined on 7/17/2014Excellent all the way around!! The food was perfect. The service was delightful. The manager even stopped by to wish us well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner @ The Melting PotFoodie70Dined on 7/11/2014We reserved a table for our daughter to celebrate her 13th birthday with two of her friends. The staff was friendly on the phone and friendly when we arrived. Our daughter got to have her own table with her friends, which pleased her tremendously. We were seated in a separate room in a booth with a window where we could clearly see our daughter's table. Our waiter, Rob, was knowledgeable about the menu and attentive to both our tables. He was friendly, humorous, and engaging. The manager stopped by to chat with us and ask about our dining experience. The staff gave my daughter a lovely signed card. The entire evening was pleasant: good food, good service, good ambiance. We would not hesitate to visit The Melting Pot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Anniversary DinnerNightOutDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this week, and for dinner I suggested the Melting Pot. The first time we ate at The Melting Pot was in Tallahassee, Florida when I was attending law school, and my wife loved the place. It immediately became one of the places we would go for special occasions when we could find the money to spend on a nice night out. I thought that this would be a special touch for a special night. My daughter agreed, and when I suggested it to my wife she immediately did as well. The St. Petersburg Melting Pot is had a wonderful atmosphere for a special night out. We had the "Big Night Out," which was a four course meal. It makes for a long evening, but a true evening out -- not just a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dining experience!familydinersDined on 6/23/2014My daughter chose the Melting Pot for her birthday dinner. They were so accommodating and friendly! The food was yummy and the service was attentive. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedRobertDined on 6/20/2014server was very nice but was gone for long periods of time. Took what seemed like forever to get drinks and to go on to next course. cooking the main meal took forever due to not being able to get the temp of oil right. over all very disappointed in the experience will be a long time before we go back again
- Great Concept RestaurantCricketDined on 6/17/2014Very enjoyable for a couple or small group. Nice atmosphere and something different. Overall a little more costly - wouldn't do it every week, but for a special occasion, it's a good bet.Special Features:
- for special occasionsJMillzVIPDined on 6/14/2014I really like the Melting Pot and have been to several different locations. The only drawback here was the ridiculous wait. We made reservations and still had to wait 45mins- there is definitely room for improvement here!I would recommend this to a friend.
- RmurphyrmheartDined on 6/14/2014Had been to The Melting Pot many times but this time I made a reservation for 14 to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday. It was nice being able to all sit around one table. Many in our party had not been to this restaurant before and they seemed to enjoy it very much. Despite the large number in our party the server was able to keep up fairly well. Wonderful atmosphere. Equally wonderful food. Great experience, as always!Special Features:
- great service every time.jessicaDined on 6/13/2014Doug was an awesome, engaging and thorough server and the fact that the manager, Malcolm, makes a point to stop by each table is a nice touch. The hostess was very friendly and remembered us from our last visit. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingfrostygatorDined on 6/7/2014First time guests but will most defiantly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsDonnaSDined on 6/5/2014Each time my friends and I dine there the service is 5 star. We always try a new cheese and chocolate fondue. If you haven't been to Melting Pot in awhile, I would recommend trying it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FUN but priceyluv2trynewplacesDined on 6/3/2014This is not a place you can go to often because it is very pricey!! But great atmosphere and friendly staff. Good fresh food and a fun experience but be prepared to spend a lot of $Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Melting PotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2014Dinner here is always a treat, good food, good wine!Special Features:
- Simply WonderfulMikeGaudetDined on 5/30/2014It was our first time and we were uncertain what we should expect. We were greeted promptly, our reservation confirmed, and escorted to the quiet table we requested. We were introduced to our waiter, Dillon. He helped make the evening. I told him of my temporary dairy-free dietary restriction and he explained how their dinner process works and how to could modify it for a dairy-free dining experience. When asked, he offered great suggestions and made us feel happy to be seated at his table. We opted for some appetizers and a trio of fish entrees. Everything was absolutely delicious. We were a bit skeptical of 'cooking our own fish at the table' but we followed his instructions and it was amazing. It is high up on our Return To list.Special Features:
- WillieProposal49Dined on 5/16/2014I reserved a private booth on May 16, 2014 @ 7:00 pm. I was surprising my girlfriend (now fiancé) with a proposal dinner and had planned ahead with the managers/waiters to have roses and a nice decorated carving with "Will you marry me?" brought out. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! They had our table prepared and set beautifully, the managers and waiter came out introduced themselves and made sure we were well taking care of all night. They gave us complimentary champagne and congratulated us on our engagement. The food (lobster tail & steak) was excellent! We enjoyed every bit of the food and the outstanding customer service was far better! They made our special night one to remember! We will definitely return here for our anniversary!!!!Special Features:
- 18tj birthday partyReviewer21Dined on 5/16/2014We went with a group of 10 to this restaurant. The service was outstanding. It was fun to do as a group Becuase it is interactive. The food itself is fairly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the nooksSteveDined on 5/11/2014Sitting in the individual booths is a nice cozy romantic dinner / desert setting.Special Features:
- Mother's day dinnerMellarilDined on 5/11/2014Placed us in an un-airconditioned room 20 minutes late of our reservation time. Apparently the A/C was broken. The cheese and chocolate fondue were very good. The entree was fair. Just not fond of fried meat. Wait staff was friendlySpecial Features:
- Always love the experience!cheeseLUVerDined on 5/11/2014I'm never disappointed when I come to The Melting Pot in St. Petersburg, or anywhere for that matter! The staff is always very friendly and attentive. I love the food, all of it! I've never left without being 150% satisfied. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fondue is fun!DurangrlDined on 5/10/2014The Melting Pot is a great change of pace. A perfect place for a fancy first date, a romantic occasion or a fun family outing. It's a little on the pricey side but the ambiance, the service and the memorable experience make it well worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 282 reviews are from the The Melting Pot - St Petersburg reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Brought the kids for their first experience there, they had an excellent time. Food was great, waiter was awesome. We will be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingdiningclosetohomeDined on 5/2/2014Overpriced, salad was not good . Salmon was good, vegetables were poor and a very small quantity. Would be a good place to go for happy hour and perhaps a cheese fondue. That would be the only reason I would return.Special Features:
- A bit pricey but worth it ...PickyPersonDined on 4/27/2014My fourth visit and have always enjoyed it especially with your significant other and for special occasions. Food has always been top quality and very good. Highly recommend for a romantic night or a wedding anniversary. It is a bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.