The Melting Pot - Seattle
14 Mercer Street
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne
FonduePrice: $31 to $50
The Melting Pot - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.meltingpot.com/seattle/specials
- Phone: (206) 378-1208
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 4:00pm- 11:00pm
Happy Hour in the Bar/Lounge:
7 Days a Week 4:00-6:00
Every day Late Night 9:00 - close
Happy Hour in the Bar Only:
Friday 4:00-6:00 & Late Night 9:00 - close
Happy Hour Menu: Brie plate, pure chocolate fondue, cheese fondue, any salad, on tap or bottled beer, well drinks and happy hour wines.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bring Home The Flavors Of The Melting Pot!
Our Garlic & Wine Seasoning, House Dressings, Chocolate Bars, Beautifully Hand Dipped Strawberries, & more are available for purchase
- Private Party Facilities: We offer the perfect location to celebrate a special occasion with family or friends, host a luncheon, or hold a business dinner. Our managers are there every step of the way to guarantee the success of your event & to create a memorable & successful experience for you.
We can accommodate personal & professional parties of all sizes:
The Champagne room is a semi-private space & holds up to 36 people.
The Bordeaux room is located upstairs & holds up to 14 people.
Special Occasion Packages:
Whether you're joining us for a romantic evening for 2 or creating memories with family, friends, & colleagues, Celebration Packages & Keepsakes are available & will be set at your table, ready to surprise & delight upon your arrival!
- Private Party Contact: Charles Montgomery 2063781208x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour in the Lounge
Monday - Friday 4:30-6:00 & Every Day Late Night 9:00 - close
$4 off cheese & pure chocolate fondues; $4 off brie plates; $2 off all salads. $5 well drinks & $7 select wine pours. Beer specials.
- Special Events: Ladies Night Thursdays!
Ladies receive happy hour drink prices all night long PLUS enjoy cheese fondue, salad, & chocolate fondue for $20 per person
A word from The Melting Pot - Seattle
Situated in the hub of Queen Anne, the Mercer St. location provides a casually elegant, intimate atmosphere. The relaxing 4 course experience begins with cheese fondue prepared tableside. Fresh salad follows while your entrée pot heats up. You’ll simmer a variety of tantalizing meats, seafood, & vegetables. Each morsel is hot, fresh, & flavorful. Entrees are accompanied by an array of dipping sauces to add to the fun. Your choice of chocolate fondue is the grand finale, served with a variety of delicious dippers. Many have stopped by to satisfy that fondue craving after a concert at The Key, an Opera at McCaw Hall, or a family outing at the Seattle Center.Continued
We feature an extensive wine list, fresh trendy cocktails, & specialty martinis.
It’s the perfect place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, overdue date night, family night, or a group gathering!
We feature an extensive wine list, fresh trendy cocktails, & specialty martinis.
It’s the perfect place to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, overdue date night, family night, or a group gathering!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Melting Pot - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Seattle Center / Lower Queen Anne ›
The Melting Pot - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)romantic (84)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (36)late-night find (18)notable wine list (17)hot spot (12)neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Horrible Service. Never againCodycodyDined on 11/22/2014Ridiculous experience. Went for Buffet, and mentioned that for 3 times: first time when I called for a reservation, second time when we came in, and the third time telling the server. But in the end the server told us we DID NOT tell him we were doing the Buffet, and he went for a different menu system. Thus, we had to pay INDIVIDUAL course. And he emphasized that IT IS NO USE telling on the phone or at the front desk. And he seemed to be unhappy with us. But We were pretty sure we also told HIM abt it. Although at least they still charged us at the Buffet price ( off course they should!! ), our night was basically ruined. P.S their Buffet was not at all a good bargain. They restricted you to eat as much as you can in implicit ways.Special Features:
- very different from the normOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014it was very different from the norm which was a high lite , nice cozy booth , all went well had a good time , very much on the very high end for cost though .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server, Bonnis, was awesome.KurtDined on 11/22/2014Bonnis went above and beyond to see that we had a great meal and night. Friendly and accommodating. The drinks and food were great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait for drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Drink orders took almost an hour each time. Orders were forgotten but service was kindSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spotty service but good foodakq1VIPDined on 11/16/2014Our experience started off really spotty - we tried to move our 7:15 Sunday evening rez up but were told they could not accommodate us any earlier. We killed an hour & showed up at 7:10. Imagine our surprise that the entire bar area (where you can eat dinner) was empty, as was more than half of the dining room! We were told to sit at the entryway and wait for our table. The waiting are is uncomfortable - there was only one other couple waiting (for about 5 minutes) but there weren't enough seats so I had to sit on the cold hard tile fireplace hearth. After being repeatedly told it would be "about 5 more minutes" we were finally seated about 30 minutes past our rez time. The while we sat there, 2 parties left. I asked the hostess what we had been waiting for so long past our rez time when the restaurant was more than half empty and she replied "it happens...that's just the name of the game" (huh?). She said she'd get the manager for us but he'd tell us the same. Clearly the hostess doesn't care. The manager came by and was much nicer, but did explain that basically they staff for the number of reservations they take, and some people were early and some people were late...I didn't understand why that meant we had to wait to be seated. 3 things would have helped: 1. we should have been given a more accurate timeframe and someone should have explained what was going on, 2. we should have been invited to wait in the bar, and 3. someone should have at least offered us water. The manager apologized and comped us two glasses of wine, which was nice, but frankly I was really irritated that our long Sunday dinner was delayed by more than 45 minutes (by the time we got water and the waitress visited it was 8pm). Once we were past that, the waitress was awesome. Very personable and informative. The food was really tasty - much better than expected. The dinner was LONG - we skipped the chocolate fondue because it was already past 10pm after cheese, salad and main courses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We arrived early and so went to the bar for a cocktail. The bartender arrived at our table in a sweatshirt, appearing inconvenienced. He was rude, abrupt, and condescending when asked for his recommendations for drinks. We were seated at our table by the hostess, and after over 20 minutes with no sign of our server, I was forced to go to the front of the restaurant to ask the hostess if we please be served. It was only at this time did someone finally come to our table.Special Features:
- Relaxing pacenativenancyDined on 11/8/2014So nice to be able to sit and talk, hearing each other easily and taking our time over a dinner that takes a while. It's really a different experience than just ordering and getting your food. You have to cook it while you're having a great time and there is no clean up:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at BestChristianoRonaldoFamDined on 11/7/2014My 11 year old son loves this place so we come here once every couple years for his birthday each time I swear not to return. 1) Overpriced; terrible food; snobby hostess service. We eat at many expensive restaurants, but they have interesting and flavorful menus. The Melting pot is formulaic. The only change is that the portions have gotten smaller. The caeser came with what tasted like Kraft bottled dressing. The cheese fondue was flavorless and gloppy. The front desk always claims the restaurant is full. I just go on Open Table, make a reservation for 15 minutes later and walk back up to the desk. If Kraft Macaroni & Cheese and Top Ramen are your favorite goods - as they are my son's. This is definitely the place for you.Special Features:
- HoursOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014I went here for a birthday dinner. It was a total of 4 of us and we paid 200$. We ate the four course and it took 3 hours to finish due to how slow the service is.
- Horrible serviceKarah02Dined on 10/25/2014The service was horrible, we were there about 15 minutes before getting menus, waitress was impolite and impatient, waitress brought us food that had gluten in it when a sever gluten allergy had been specified multiple times, we were there about a total of 3 hours (waiting on our waitress for the next course/to and questions), as first time melting pot goers we had no clue what to do and our waitress did not inform us on anythingSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner experience!GrammieoftwoDined on 10/25/2014We went to "the melting pot" before going to the theater, was so enjoyable! Had taken my nine and six year old grandchildren, they talked about how much fun it was to cook our dinner! The chocolate fondue ended the evening with huge smiles! Lots of fun! Thanks for making it such an excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's an experienceslashlibVIPDined on 10/24/2014We did the four course fondue meal. The meats we had filet, prawns, lobster, chicken. The filet and lobster were excellent. It is a bit of an experience. I think it would work well with a small group of up to 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experience, but overpriced.foodiekateDined on 10/23/2014Fondue is a fun experience no matter where you go. I think the ending meal is pretty overpriced though considering the restaurant doesn't cook any of your food.
- Fun dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014Such yummy choices of foods and dipping sauces. You won't leave hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a special night more memorableTheAllensDined on 10/23/2014Nickolas is a very helpful and attentive server. He asked what we were doing that evening and realized we were limited for time. He was able to reduce some of the prep time without reducing the fun or relaxation of a great dinner. When making the cheese fondue, my daughter asked if there were nuts in the pesto, he went back to the kitchen to double check and came back with ingredients to start again without the pesto without skipping a beat. He made us feel welcome and special. Even the busser and manager were friendly and there to make sure every thing was enjoyable and smooth. Great time! Thank you!Special Features:
- Failed to ImpressFoodieFanDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I were very excited for this experience, but nothing seemed to really go right at this restaurant the evening of our visit. Even though we made a reservation, we were forced to wait at the bar for over a half hour upon our on time arrival. Then it took another 20 minutes for our server to even show up- which we later discovered was because she was in charge of all seven tables that were occupied downstairs. The menu was not explained to us very well, and we were disappointed in the slow service- and for what were paid that evening, neither of us have ever been so unsatisfied with a meal. The only reason I'd go back would be for dessert. Also disappointed that they seemed to hide their restaurant week menu. It was strange.Special Features:
- Superb!CricketDined on 10/13/2014Great food, experienced and knowledgeable waiter. Relaxed and fun TP prepare your own meal. Very good selection of food. Delicious! The chocolate fondue at the end was the perfect ending to the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best wines I ever hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/10/2014Fondue is a really cool concept. Meat and vegetable quality was excellent but I would have chosen a different cheese. I really like my cheeses sharp and I picked one that was more mild, but that's my fault, not the Melting Pot's. Secondly the sauces were only fair. A couple were very good like the teriyaki and the blue cheese, but the others were forgettable. They really shined on the dessert and the wine flight. I would return.Special Features:
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/10/2014Although our meals were good, overall service was slow. We were a few minutes late for our reservation and after waiting for 10-15 minutes, we were finally seated. As we walked to our table, there was almost no one in the restaurant. Why the wait? Our server was very friendly and attentive when he was at our table, but when he left, it was 10+ minutes before we would see him again. When we finished our entrees, we waited 30 minutes before being asked what we wanted for our chocolate. 15 minutes after that, we finally got our chocolate. We were not in a hurry, but the wait times were excessive and unfortunately became the topic of conversation for the evening. I'm hoping this was just bad luck as this can be a fun place to enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter consistently delivered poor service (saying he would check on things but didn't, failing to place the correct order, unable to identify the items delivered). And then autogratted our party of 2. Guy had gumption if not ability. Most disappointing, however, was the low quality of the food. The cheese fondue was bland and the red wine add-on for the main course didn't add much flavor to mediocre cuts of meat. For a dinner that ultimately cost over $100 for two (including tax and tip) the entire experience was disappointing. There are many fine restaurants in Seattle - don't waste your time on this one.
- Great as always!!!PatrickDined on 10/3/2014Every time we we eat here, it's great. The service, the ambiance, the food, always great.Special Features:
- Great potential!!MoosjoosDined on 10/2/2014Love the food, love the concept, hate the decor. This location of the Melting Pot chain is long overdue for a make-over. It looks the same as when I first discovered the restaurant 15 years ago. Open the purse stings and make this restaurant just as much a pleasure to eat at as the food is itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING SERVICE!PickyDinerDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter, Nicholas, made our decent experience an amazing one. He was fast and friendly. He always made sure we had what we needed, he explained everything he was doing as he was doing it, and he was extremely entertaining. He went way above and beyond to make sure we were happy and taken care of. We all felt that he had made our dining experience better by going above and beyond what was expected. Couldn't have had a better first experience here, and I will definitely be back soon and often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceCarrieDined on 9/27/2014Overall our experience was great just very long! Got there 7:30 didn't get done until almost 11:00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ImpressionsKB14VIPDined on 9/27/2014Unfortunately, the first time we tried this restaurant it was the night a big concert was in town. We had made reservations and confirmed a day prior informing them that we would need to be out on time for this show. We turned up and our table was 30mins late, the host was polite, but not exactly the most welcoming. We only had time for one cheese fondue meal and then had to leave. Not sure if I would go back to try on a quieter night...Special Features:
- 50/head-Good for a Special OccasiontheMonkeyDined on 9/26/2014This was a meal that was entertaining and a lot of fun. We will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Everything was great outside of we had to wait over 20 minutes after our reservation time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't get the filet toughlovegoodfoodDined on 9/21/2014the Pepper coated sirloin was really good, lobster yummy and prawns yummy, the other stuff like pot stickers were good but why waste your entree choice on that. Loved the cheese fondue and desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is questionableHeartSeattleVIPDined on 9/19/2014The hosts at the front are snarky and non-responsive. Then, our server seemed uneducated about the entirety of the menu and took extra time to explain our order. For a restaurant that charges the type of money as The Melting Pot - they should make sure their staff are very helpful, friendly, and provide superb service.
- Good for special occationsNeverl8Dined on 9/18/2014Its a unique experience basically cooking your own food. If you've been to a Korean BBQ before where you grill your own food, this is the same except with broth. Quality of meat and seafood is nice. Ambiance and service is higher end but you are also paying for it. If you have unlimited budget, this is your place. Those on a budget, the food is costly, on average about $50-$75+ for a person (meal and desert). Add in wine and your are in the $100 range. This is one of those "one in a while" type of restaurant. Basically bringing your friends who hasn't done it before.Special Features:
- Great surprise - I'll be back!FrequentdinerDined on 9/14/2014I have been to the Melting Pot before and felt underwhelmed for the price. I am not sure if they have changed the menu or the options, but it was one of the most fun evenings with my husband and I. The service was great (we had even an old bottle of wine that was corked and she accepted this without concern) We had an amazing variety of food, so much. The lobster was new to me there - and a highlight, as was the wonderful dipping sauces and the Coq au Vin fondue. Exceptional all around - I am glad I ventured out again. We'll be back!Special Features:
- nightout2Dined on 9/14/2014The food was very good. Parking was a bit pricey but that is typical for Seattle. Overall, we had a good experience and our friends seemed to enjoy the meal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing and veggies.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014I have been to the melting pot on numerous occasions and this is the first time they didn't ask when we were ready the next course. Like they were rushing us out of there almost. Then the main course came and they dumped all the veggies in the broth instead of letting us do it. That way they were ready before everything else and then they were child. Wtf?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romantic occasions!MathliabilityDined on 9/8/2014It was our 6 month anniversary of dating. I've been to the Melting Pot a couple times before and it never fails to amaze. Perfect for single dates or a fancy double date. Great ambiance and the food is wonderful. A little on the expensive side, but you definitely get your money's worth. If you limit the expensive drinks you get, you can easily have an excellent time for under $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencexxchuyDined on 9/7/2014Been to Melting Pot in several locations before, but he first time in Seattle. Lived up to standards, per usual. Had a fun date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great to visitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I typically go for the Big Night out where we get all of the fondue options plus a salad. It always tastes great and the service is impeccable. But if you go here frequently, or at least once a year like we do, be prepared to notice the changes. For one, it seems the fondue portions keep shrinking, regarding the cheese and chocolate courses. We always seem to have bread and apples left over with no cheese left to dip. In the dessert chocolate fondue, we were accustomed to getting a slice of cheescake to dip but instead, we get a couple brownie bits and more angel food cake. And as I stated before, the chocolate ran dry before we finished the selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent but the key was the exceptional service. Our server patiently and pleasantly explained all the nuances to us and provided us with a most pleasant evening. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevisitedArbuckleDined on 9/4/2014Last Pot visit was in Dallas. This Seattle location is definitely better than the last. And we loved the search and find spoon, something they did not offer in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A skewered review!BurgerbeckyVIPDined on 9/4/2014Since you're eating with a skewer, it's a slow, pleasant dining experience unlike anything else in Seattle! I got the "Pacific Rim" assortment of meats and all of the selections were delicious. Caution should be used to allow your food to stay in the pot long enough to cook thoroughly. I used my stopwatch function on my phone to cheat. ;) Dessert was sweet and decadent!Special Features:
- Fun but priceyMjmeatsDined on 9/3/2014We bought a groupon for $55, but ended up spending another $100 or more on wine and dessert. It was fun, but the food is pretty basic for the cost. Our waiter was excellent tho, which made the overall experience worth it. Would we go back? Probably only with a large group.Special Features: